Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:46:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is there a possibility of Duff rejoining on a permanent basis?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there a possibility of Duff rejoining on a permanent basis?  (Read 11388 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2015, 12:11:58 PM »

I gave you info where to look.
Can't always hold your hand. Sorry. Smiley

I assumed you knew what I told you. After all, aren't you one of those hardcore fans?  nervous

Depends who you ask, I find.

Look, I asked a question.  I didn't run the guy down or take a shot of any kind.

In a perfect world, you might have talked him up a bit.  Seems you are more interested in picking a fight, however.  But it's a fight that does not interest me.

You stay classy, Jarmo.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2015, 12:14:48 PM »

Mother Goose co-wrote Madagascar and If The World. He plays on every track on the album. He has been with Axl since 1998.  His contributions are not minor by any stretch. Who is the last guy to see Axl in a studio? (we have evidence!)....Mother Goose.  ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2015, 12:16:29 PM »

There's no fight.
It seems like you got plenty of free time, so why not just look it up instead of asking somebody to do it for you? Smiley

To begin with, you didn't even include him. So it kinda gives it away. In your opinion, he doesn't do a lot. When that's your starting point, I'm not necessarily gonna waste my time Googling stuff for you.

Now you know where to look when you get home!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2015, 12:26:28 PM »

Mother Goose co-wrote Madagascar and If The World. He plays on every track on the album. He has been with Axl since 1998.  His contributions are not minor by any stretch. Who is the last guy to see Axl in a studio? (we have evidence!)....Mother Goose.  ok

For years I just thought of him as "the 'Silkworms' guy" since Axl singled him out for it at RIR III.

I thought that song was little more than a bad joke for like 12 years, but I have come around on it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2015, 03:41:43 PM »

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't think it would be a bad move on his end to re-join. Business wise it probably makes sense. Even if he is hired as an employee.

He still get's paid all of his publishing royalties. Still has a say on the releases. So the check he gets from touring is what it is...a pay check.

He can also use it as an outlet to promote Loaded and any other band he has going. For all intents and purposes VR is dead so GnR affords him an outlet to promote all of his other endeavors on a larger scale.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2015, 04:12:45 PM »

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't think it would be a bad move on his end to re-join. Business wise it probably makes sense. Even if he is hired as an employee.

He still get's paid all of his publishing royalties. Still has a say on the releases. So the check he gets from touring is what it is...a pay check.

He can also use it as an outlet to promote Loaded and any other band he has going. For all intents and purposes VR is dead so GnR affords him an outlet to promote all of his other endeavors on a larger scale.

Marketing for other bands? I don't think that this is a good reason... I can't remember that Robin ever used GN'R to promote NIN for example.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2015, 04:25:12 PM »

Marketing for other bands? I don't think that this is a good reason... I can't remember that Robin ever used GN'R to promote NIN for example.

BBF is more popular now because of GNR. We wouldnt know who the Dead Daisies were if not for Fortus being in GNR. Ashba promotes Ashba Swag and sells merch at GnR shows. So to say that members don't use GnR to help promote there outside activities is a little naive.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2015, 05:02:10 PM »

BBF is more popular now because of GNR. We wouldnt know who the Dead Daisies were if not for Fortus being in GNR. Ashba promotes Ashba Swag and sells merch at GnR shows. So to say that members don't use GnR to help promote there outside activities is a little naive.

That's probably my biggest issue with the current lineup...it seems just about everyone (save Axl and Pittman) uses GnR as a vehicle to promote their true passion side project.  An argument can be made that being in Guns is actually their side project.  Note: not saying that's true or a fact, simply a discussion point.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2015, 05:21:47 PM »

That's probably my biggest issue with the current lineup...it seems just about everyone uses GnR as a vehicle to promote their side project.  An argument can be made that being in Guns is actually their side project.

And that would be the only real result of Duff rejoining.  Not because Duff would be intentionally using GNR pushing Loaded, but let's be realistic here: Duff rejoining GNR would not further his career as a musician.  It would be nostalgia only; playing the old songs and nothing more.  It might be different if GNR were much more active with new ventures and albums, but as it stands, GNR has long ago run its course for Duff.  He quit the band 18 years ago, and he's long since engaged himself in new ventures that are creative and fulfilling to him, one of them being Loaded.  Loaded would inevitably receive a lot more publicity if Duff were in GNR (whether they were opening for GNR or not), and that would be a bigger benefit to Loaded (or any Duff side project) than GNR, even if Duff weren't deliberately trying to use GNR to promote Loaded.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2015, 05:36:31 PM »

That's probably my biggest issue with the current lineup...it seems just about everyone uses GnR as a vehicle to promote their side project.  An argument can be made that being in Guns is actually their side project.

And that would be the only real result of Duff rejoining.  Not because Duff would be intentionally using GNR pushing Loaded, but let's be realistic here: Duff rejoining GNR would not further his career as a musician.  It would be nostalgia only; playing the old songs and nothing more.  It might be different if GNR were much more active with new ventures and albums, but as it stands, GNR has long ago run its course for Duff.  He quit the band 18 years ago, and he's long since engaged himself in new ventures that are creative and fulfilling to him, one of them being Loaded.  Loaded would inevitably receive a lot more publicity if Duff were in GNR (whether they were opening for GNR or not), and that would be a bigger benefit to Loaded (or any Duff side project) than GNR, even if Duff weren't deliberately trying to use GNR to promote Loaded.

True...but GnR didn't start out as his side project.  A man's got to live...he's left 18 years ago and had to move on with his life/career.  But Guns was his true passion.  There would be a reason (besides promoting Loaded) for him to rejoin.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2015, 06:35:08 PM »

I have talked about Robin, not about Richard, Ashba or Ron.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2015, 05:21:45 AM »

I think Duff would definitely come back if asked.  That's just me.

I don't.  Why put up with Axl's bullshit at this stage of your life?

I'm sure the few shows he did were a nice trip down memory lane.  But, I suspect in an honest moment, he would tell you he also saw reminders why he cashed out when he did.

So that's a pretty ignorant comment.     What is this vs you speak of?

Do you really look at any gnr post and think the worst? 

From what I am reading.  Everything you post.  Via someone's interview. Gnr topic, etc you try to spin in the negative.  Why?   

Do you just like arguing with the moderators on the site?

Because that's what it seems. 

Save your private wars to the PMs.    Save us all from your attention seeking battle

I am tired of scrolling throw page of topics I would love to talk about.  Only to have a bunch of ball wearing goobers, constantly finding something negative to argue with

Beat it

Baconman...are you back on the sauce???

Anyway, I think it would be great if Duff rejoined full time.  If the Replacements shows go well, and Paul and Tommy really hit it off again, and they start thinking about putting out a new album, more touring, etc., Tommy will be at a real crossroads.  I mean, the Replacements isn't Hookers and Blow (which was fun to see, btw).  I'm not sure Tommy could co-exist in both bands at the same time.

Having Duff back would hopefully energize Axl more...he certainly seemed extra-juiced during the shows when Duff played. 

Yes I am skiing right now in the Rockie mountains. 

Lol

So ya the sauce is good right now

But sorry for this post or reply

We have to give back the power hour to the others....   That just want to get a rise out of the moderators

Negative always.   Why here?    Why allowed
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2015, 05:35:32 AM »

For years I just thought of him as "the 'Silkworms' guy" since Axl singled him out for it at RIR III.

I thought that song was little more than a bad joke for like 12 years, but I have come around on it.

So a couple of posts ago you are asking what pitmans role,was in the band

Then after getting called out on it you supply the above fluff?

So you post messages daily.  In what you say, multiple guns n roses forums.

And you really don't know what pitmans role in the band is?

Right..........

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2015, 08:26:20 AM »

I have talked about Robin, not about Richard, Ashba or Ron.

NIN was never Robins band. He was a touring member. An employee. NIN is Trent Reznor.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2015, 08:31:55 AM »

If Duff were to rejoin GnR full time it would set ablaze the reunion fires and Duff would be forced to spend every waking second talking about hisrelationship with Slash. I would love to see Duff back - but it would overshadow (in the press) anything the band does imo.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2015, 09:14:01 AM »

If Duff were to rejoin GnR full time it would set ablaze the reunion fires and Duff would be forced to spend every waking second talking about hisrelationship with Slash. I would love to see Duff back - but it would overshadow (in the press) anything the band does imo.

I think these are legit concerns.

The reunion people would absolutely see it as a sign.  Its not hard to envision them thinking that Duff could eventually wear Axl down and get him to patch it up with Slash.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2015, 10:47:19 AM »

Last time he joined GN'R, it wasn't on a permanent basis.  Wink
So first you'd need to define permanent.

Then you'd need to figure out the why.

All these hypothetical scenarios can be fun, but there's a lot of IFs, WHYs and BUTs involved.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2015, 10:50:48 AM »

Last time he joined GN'R, it wasn't on a permanent basis.  Wink
So first you'd need to define permanent.

Then you'd need to figure out the why.

All these hypothetical scenarios can be fun, but there's a lot of IFs, WHYs and BUTs involved.

/jarmo

Well permanent in my mind would be him contributing to the next GNR record , whenever that may be AND being the bass player during all shows going forward.

It is certainly a hypothetical discussion... but one worthy of discussing due to what transpired last year and the turnover rate in this band... so if the bass player spot did open... he really becomes the only choice. (if he wants the job)

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2015, 10:56:02 AM »

Well permanent in my mind would be him contributing to the next GNR record , whenever that may be AND being the bass player during all shows going forward.

Agreed.

You'd also have to look about how he talks about the situation publically.  Duff has never been shy to speak on the record about stuff, and tends to be pretty clear.  Such as, he was very clear the last time how it was something of a one off and he was a fill in.

I wouldn't consider him a permanent replacement until he stopped those qualifiers.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2015, 03:13:54 PM »

True...but GnR didn't start out as his side project.  A man's got to live...he's left 18 years ago and had to move on with his life/career.  But Guns was his true passion. 

The operative word being "was".  In his book, Duff stated that by 1997, GNR was no longer the most important thing in his life.  He also stated the truly magical time in the band was 1985-1988, and that everything got bloated after that.

You said it yourself, Duff left 18 years ago and moved on.  His passions (and priorities) are greatly different now.  GNR is like an old girlfriend from 25 years ago; the fire just isn't going to reignite, even if people want to keep gazing longingly at photos of them together.

Duff tends to be pretty clear.  Such as, he was very clear the last time how it was something of a one off and he was a fill in.

There you go.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 03:21:38 PM by Bridge » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: