Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:41:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is there a possibility of Duff rejoining on a permanent basis?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there a possibility of Duff rejoining on a permanent basis?  (Read 11387 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2015, 07:08:36 PM »

As in, that first time he's sitting backstage waiting for the Axlcopter to arrive.  At 10:30PM.

I'm sure you're aware of this already, but just an FYI: The show Duff did in Las Vegas started just before midnight.
The shows he did with GN'R in South America started between 10:30PM and midnight.

Didn't seem to bother him there.

But you must've known that already.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 07:14:10 PM »

I'd argue certain members like Duff is good to Axl's health. I mean as you said yourself when Duff was there, he came on time, he looked happy too. I could honestly see Duff coming back if Axl wanted him to. He only left Axl in '97 because the band had booked a studio for 3 years and still hadn't had an album out. Now he's in a better place mentally and he didn't seem to mind being with Axl again for almost a month on the road. It seemed good vibes all around.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 07:41:04 PM »

I dunno.  If the contract covered one tour leg at a time with no commitments beyond that, I could see a Duff return.  You guys act like he would be selling his soul, whereas I think (barring any prior commitments) he'd be totally into it and done of his own free will.  I think Ron's screaming and crying over the past couple years have given us a jaded understanding of what life on the road with modern day GNR is actually like.  Duff certainly seemed to be enjoying himself last time.  And he's 50 years old.  What's he got to loose?

Time.

As in, that first time he's sitting backstage waiting for the Axlcopter to arrive.  At 10:30PM.

I think Slash has a bigger issue with that than Duff.  Again, I'm just going by the events of last year and Duff's uber-willingness to tour with Guns for a good amount of shows knowing full well what the deal is with Axl going on stage when Axl's ready.  And the feedback we got on his twitter was glowing about what a blast he was having.

Also, is this even an issue anymore. Haven't they been pretty much on time the past couple of years?

It's improved to point where I don't think Duff would *not* tour with GNR again over it.

True, DX talks like it happens all the time.  Also, the guys are older now and have different priorities.  If Duff rejoins and Axl never puts out another album.....I don't think Duff would even care.  And someone pointed out Duff would have to drop everything and tour when time comes.  I disagree.  If Duff were having some life emergency, I doubt they would tour at that moment.  And if GNR wanted to tour while Duff had plans with his other band, well I'm sure Duff would know what he signed up for.  Remember, this would be Duff , not someone new to GNR.  Duff was one of the first guys...he would be playing HIS songs....and making more money doing it.  IF in fact he made that commitment back to the band, I'm sure he would be loving it......because HE CHOSE to be back.  Wasn't forced.  I'm sure he loves his band....but if he were back with GNR and good with Axl again, I believe he would quickly fall back into loving GNR a bit more.  GNR was his baby, just as it was Axl, Slash, Izzy's, etc.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:50:57 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2015, 01:36:53 AM »

I think Duff would definitely come back if asked.  That's just me.

I don't.  Why put up with Axl's bullshit at this stage of your life?

I'm sure the few shows he did were a nice trip down memory lane.  But, I suspect in an honest moment, he would tell you he also saw reminders why he cashed out when he did.

So that's a pretty ignorant comment.     What is this vs you speak of?

Do you really look at any gnr post and think the worst? 

From what I am reading.  Everything you post.  Via someone's interview. Gnr topic, etc you try to spin in the negative.  Why?   

Do you just like arguing with the moderators on the site?

Because that's what it seems. 

Save your private wars to the PMs.    Save us all from your attention seeking battle

I am tired of scrolling throw page of topics I would love to talk about.  Only to have a bunch of ball wearing goobers, constantly finding something negative to argue with

Beat it
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2015, 02:57:10 AM »

I dunno.  If the contract covered one tour leg at a time with no commitments beyond that, I could see a Duff return.  You guys act like he would be selling his soul, whereas I think (barring any prior commitments) he'd be totally into it and done of his own free will.  I think Ron's screaming and crying over the past couple years have given us a jaded understanding of what life on the road with modern day GNR is actually like.  Duff certainly seemed to be enjoying himself last time.  And he's 50 years old.  What's he got to loose?

Time.

I think Slash has a bigger issue with that than Duff.  Again, I'm just going by the events of last year and Duff's uber-willingness to tour with Guns for a good amount of shows knowing full well what the deal is with Axl going on stage when Axl's ready.  And the feedback we got on his twitter was glowing about what a blast he was having.

Having a gig or two is way different than touring from 6 to 12 months  Smiley
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2015, 08:34:07 AM »

What effect (if any) do you think it has on continuity if Duff replaced Tommy?

Since the re-launch, every guitarist has been replaced, and the drummer has been replaced twice.  The one constant through this adventure has been Tommy.

Do any of you guys thing that's a concern from a band identity standpoint?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2015, 08:40:54 AM »

Well according to MSL, Duff had BEGGED to re join the band for a time after he and Axl reconnected, and even tho Axl was probably tempted he was loyal to Tommy... so there ya go... close the thread... Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2015, 08:49:45 AM »

I'm sure the few shows he did were a nice trip down memory lane.  But, I suspect in an honest moment, he would tell you he also saw reminders why he cashed out when he did.

From what I am reading.  Everything you post.  Via someone's interview. Gnr topic, etc you try to spin in the negative.  Why?   

Save your private wars to the PMs.    Save us all from your attention seeking battle

I am tired of scrolling throw page of topics I would love to talk about.  Only to have a bunch of ball wearing goobers, constantly finding something negative to argue with

Beat it

Baconman...are you back on the sauce???

Anyway, I think it would be great if Duff rejoined full time.  If the Replacements shows go well, and Paul and Tommy really hit it off again, and they start thinking about putting out a new album, more touring, etc., Tommy will be at a real crossroads.  I mean, the Replacements isn't Hookers and Blow (which was fun to see, btw).  I'm not sure Tommy could co-exist in both bands at the same time.

Having Duff back would hopefully energize Axl more...he certainly seemed extra-juiced during the shows when Duff played. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2015, 09:17:55 AM »

Beat it

Baconman...are you back on the sauce???

Anyway, I think it would be great if Duff rejoined full time.  If the Replacements shows go well, and Paul and Tommy really hit it off again, and they start thinking about putting out a new album, more touring, etc., Tommy will be at a real crossroads.  I mean, the Replacements isn't Hookers and Blow (which was fun to see, btw).  I'm not sure Tommy could co-exist in both bands at the same time.

Having Duff back would hopefully energize Axl more...he certainly seemed extra-juiced during the shows when Duff played. 

I get a kick out of Bacon's posts... his theories vary day to day... lol

I have a man crush on the former King of Beers... and i'd love to see it. But like it's been pointed out, I have trouble seeing it without him being on equal footing with Axl, meaning him having to be his employee would be a non starter...plus I also in my heart of hearts think he would want Slash in the fold.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2015, 09:19:36 AM »

What effect (if any) do you think it has on continuity if Duff replaced Tommy?

Since the re-launch, every guitarist has been replaced, and the drummer has been replaced twice.  The one constant through this adventure has been Tommy.

Do any of you guys thing that's a concern from a band identity standpoint?

No!  Anyone who follows music knows this is how GNR is today.  You either bitch about it....or could care less.  Those people out there who are fans of GNR today, obviously don't really care, or else they wouldn't be fans.  Not a concern, unless your goal in life is to see GNR as the biggest band in the world again.  Not gonna happen

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2015, 09:20:56 AM »

I don't see Duff rejoining GNR without Slash

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2015, 09:29:19 AM »

I don't see Duff rejoining GNR without Slash

I really don't either.  I think it would be kind of awkward.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2015, 10:45:25 AM »

Chris Pitman.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2015, 10:53:35 AM »

I don't see how it would be that awkward, he's already done it- played the Chinese stuff, the lot.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2015, 11:05:10 AM »

Chris Pitman.

I'm still rather unclear on what he actually does.

If you lifted him right out, does anything change?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2015, 11:35:29 AM »

I'm still rather unclear on what he actually does.

If you lifted him right out, does anything change?

Check your Chinese Democracy booklet if it's unclear.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2015, 11:42:52 AM »

That's...very helpful.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2015, 11:56:57 AM »

That's...very helpful.

I can't help you understand the exact production work he did. But that's what the booklet states. In addition to co-writing two songs.
If that's enough for you to discredit him, that's your misguided opinion.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 11:59:50 AM »

In a shocking turn of events, I don't keep the booklet to a CD I bought 6 years ago right here on my desk at the office.

Some "fan" I am, I suppose.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2015, 12:07:26 PM »

I gave you info where to look.
Can't always hold your hand. Sorry. Smiley

I assumed you knew what I told you. After all, aren't you one of those hardcore fans?  nervous

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: