Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:15:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is there a possibility of Duff rejoining on a permanent basis?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there a possibility of Duff rejoining on a permanent basis?  (Read 11393 times)
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« on: February 22, 2015, 01:26:07 PM »

What do you guys think?
He and Axl have a history that goes back decades. He was the only member of the old band to truly sympathize with Axl to some degree in that he understood Axl's emotions because he himself had panic attacks. He was the last guy to leave, leaving almost a year after Slash had; he stuck with Axl until the bitter end of the original lineup, and then came back and Axl seemed to be in good spirits when Duff was around. Do you think perhaps Axl realized this and might have Duff back full time? I'm not saying a reunion with Slash. That's out of the question. But having Duff back in the band perhaps on a full time basis come next tour?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »

Hard to say. Depends a bit on Tommy as well, on how busy he's gonna be with The Replacements in the future.

If anyone from the old band were ever to return, Duff would be the most likely.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 02:06:26 PM »

No. He just joined the band as a touring member last year. 

I think that this question wouldn't be in the room when another bass player would have joined GN'R on tour.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 02:09:04 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 02:09:01 PM »

I think that this question wouldn't be in the room when another bass player would have joined GN'R on tour.

Wouldn't say that actually. That's exactly what happened with Frank.

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 02:10:17 PM »

But Frank was not in the old band. Different situation.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 02:12:49 PM »

Maybe I misunderstood you, but I took it you meant that we wouldn't ask this question if it was another bass player (not Duff) who filled in for Tommy on tour.

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 02:16:31 PM »

Maybe I misunderstood you, but I took it you meant that we wouldn't ask this question if it was another bass player (not Duff) who filled in for Tommy on tour.

You understood  me. But Axl said that he doesn't want to work with his old band mates on a permanent basis. Maybe something with Duff and Izzy. And he them both on tour right?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 02:18:10 PM by Sosso » Logged

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 02:21:13 PM »

Then... the question would be in the room if there was another bass player..

The Frank/Brain situation is similar to that.

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 02:22:50 PM »

I can understand that some fans wanna have him back in the band. But the reality is different.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 02:24:09 PM »

I can understand that some fans wanna have him back in the band. But the reality is different.

I think we're talking past each other here..  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 02:28:14 PM »

As I have said: Frank was not in the old band.

Axl said in 2009 that he wanna do something with Izzy or Duff. He had them both on tour and Izzy is the co-songwriter of a new song. But they never did something on a "permanent basis" during the last couple of years.

Different situations.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 02:32:06 PM »

Yes, I know all that.

But you said that if it was another bass player (not Duff) filling in for Tommy last year, we wouldn't raise questions about that person joining the band.

I said that that was pretty much what happened when Frank joined the band. He started out filling in for Brain, and gradually becoming a full-time member.

Therefore, I disagree that we wouldn't raise the same question if it were a bass player other than Duff filling in. Because, that scenario played out before with the drummer.

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 02:36:22 PM »

I have said that because Duff is a ex-member. This question is always in the room when a ex-member joines for a couple of live shows.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 02:38:56 PM »

I have said that because Duff is a ex-member. This question is always in the room when a ex-member joines for a couple of live shows.

Yes, and I think the question would also have come up if it was a brand new bass player filling in on tour. Because, that's what happened with Frank.

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 02:43:21 PM »

Yes, and I think the question would also have come up if it was a brand new bass player filling in on tour. Because, that's what happened with Frank.

Nope. Frank was not in the old band.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 02:44:28 PM »

[/b]

Nope.

A brand new bass player fills in for Tommy on tour = Frank filling in for Brain on tour

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 02:45:41 PM »

[/b]

Nope.

A brand new bass player fills in for Tommy on tour = Frank filling in for Brain on tour

But Duff filled in for Tommy right?

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 02:45:49 PM »

As I have said: Frank was not in the old band.

Axl said in 2009 that he wanna do something with Izzy or Duff. He had them both on tour and Izzy is the co-songwriter of a new song. But they never did something on a "permanent basis" during the last couple of years.

Different situations.

Last year he said it would depend on what Tommy was doing re The Replacements, A lot has changed since 2009. Seeing Duff do full show with GN'R at Vegas was amazing. His stage presence dwarfs Tommy's. Would love to see him back
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 02:48:19 PM »

[/b]

Nope.

But Duff filled in for Tommy right?

Yes, but you said in the first post that we wouldn't raise questions if it was another bass player.

We are talking about a hypothetical situation here. I've never said that Duff filling in for Tommy is the same as Frank filling in for Brain.

Sweetness is a virtue
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 02:50:11 PM »

If Duff returns to GNR then that will be the bridge for Slash to return.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: