Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:11:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"  (Read 53112 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 02:13:29 PM »

If you want to show a clear cut contradiction, the case would be made more easily if both people cited a specific time frame.  For instance, if Richard said, I don't think we'll be doing any touring in 2015, and DJ said we will be doing a lot of touring in 2015, then you have a very clear cut contradiction.

As it is now, I'd say the statements are definitely confusing, possibly contradicting.

Ali

I agree with this. It seems to be a case of the two of them looking at a potential tour with different perspectives.

The case could be that they both know there are talks about doing a new tour, let's say one year into the future. One of them choose to look at it as a "big thing" coming up (giving no timeframe). The other one wants to give the fans a realistic idea of what to expect in the near future, knowing there are talks about a tour, but it's still a year ahead so nothing has been set in stone yet.

None of them are lying. It could be perceived as confusing for the fans with the two statements coming out at the same time, but I don't think that was their intention since one guy probably doesn't know how the other guy has worded himself in an interview.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2015, 02:50:05 PM »

The case could be that they both know there are talks about doing a new tour, let's say one year into the future. One of them choose to look at it as a "big thing" coming up (giving no timeframe). The other one wants to give the fans a realistic idea of what to expect in the near future, knowing there are talks about a tour, but it's still a year ahead so nothing has been set in stone yet.

None of them are lying. It could be perceived as confusing for the fans with the two statements coming out at the same time, but I don't think that was their intention since one guy probably doesn't know how the other guy has worded himself in an interview.

This could well be.

I have always found DJ has more of a rose colored glasses view of the situation with GNR than most.  And perhaps his comment was a bit more what he hopes happens versus what will happen.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2015, 03:03:21 PM »

If you want to show a clear cut contradiction, the case would be made more easily if both people cited a specific time frame.  For instance, if Richard said, I don't think we'll be doing any touring in 2015, and DJ said we will be doing a lot of touring in 2015, then you have a very clear cut contradiction.

As it is now, I'd say the statements are definitely confusing, possibly contradicting.

Ali

I agree with this. It seems to be a case of the two of them looking at a potential tour with different perspectives.

True.  But the justification the other day (from Jarmo) was the difference in time between the interviews, and (in Jarmo's words) "something changed" from when DJ gave his interview last year.  Now, we're saying that, all along, both statements are true, so actually nothing changed.

No one else finds that interesting?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2015, 03:07:52 PM »

True.  But the justification the other day (from Jarmo) was the difference in time between the interviews, and (in Jarmo's words) "something changed" from when DJ gave his interview last year.  Now, we're saying that, all along, both statements are true, so actually nothing changed.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

Jarmo was pretty over the top that the time between the comments was the reason for the difference in comments.

So, when it comes out that DJ is still saying that in the here and now...its very fair to ask about it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2015, 03:10:49 PM »

Ali

I think the situation is interesting and confusing.  But, until someone asks for a specific timeframe that Richard and/or DJ are talking about, I think this is just going to be an open discussion.

Ali
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »

Talking about ''doing another huge tour'' presupposes that there will be ''touring''. The two statements flat out contradict each other, even when taking into consideration adverbial time spans.

Please, can you show me the quote where somebody said there'll never be a GN'R tour? Or any kind of time frame where two statements contradict each other. And I'm not talking about what Dj said last year versus what somebody said months later.

Thanks.

/jarmo

How can you not see the inherent contradiction between, ''I don't think there's gonna be any touring soon'', and, ''we were talking about doing another huge tour''. To put it another way, Fortus left these talks (assuming they happened) ''about doing another huge tour'' with the opinion that there is not ''gonna be any touring soon''.

There is no contradiction there, one statement says soon, the other doesn't

If you look at someone like Andre Rieu, he will be planning for 12-24 months ahead because of the complexity of his show. Just because something isn't happening soon, doesn't mean it is not happening.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2015, 03:35:52 PM »

Ali

I don't know how much Jarmo knows about the ongoings in the band at the moment, but it could be Jarmo was just giving his opinion on what could be the reason for that to happen? Sort of giving a plausible explanation to that situation.

We are all just speculating here..

Sweetness is a virtue
mortismurphy
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »

I think there is a lot of clutching straws going on here, to make these two statements fit.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2015, 03:40:59 PM »

I think there is a lot of clutching straws going on here, to make these two statements fit.

So, you think one of them are deliberately lying? What would be the point of that?

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2015, 03:41:54 PM »

Recap time!

September 2014 - Dj says the band plans to tour in 2015
February 2015 - Richard says there's no tour soon.
February 2015 - Dj says the band plans to tour.

The way I see it, using common sense, and without the agenda to try to make band members look like liars, is that between Dj's first comment and Richard's comment, plans changed. Or Dj's "tour in 2015" doesn't mean whatever Richard considers soon. That could also be the case.

The second comment from Dj does not specify when that planned tour would take place, or where. It's pretty open to interpretation. Some of you use that gap to make it seem like he's lying. Also, that comment, just like Richard's comment about GN'R still existing, could just be a way from Dj to calm certain people down regarding the whole "OMG! GN'R is over!" theories.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2015, 03:42:08 PM »

So, you think one of them are deliberately lying? What would be the point of that?

See above.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2015, 03:43:17 PM »

Answer the question. Why do you think they are lying to you, at all times.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2015, 03:45:29 PM »

There is something really sinister that happens on this forum, through the introduction of Strawman arguments. The first - the only people - to bring up 'liars', 'lying', was Jarmo and Emily. At no point have I, DGX or Ginger (I believe) ever accused these two members of 'lying'.

I am not going to defend an opinion that I do not possess and did not even state to began with!!
mortismurphy
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2015, 03:46:17 PM »

To reiterate,

Rather than 'lying', I place the inconsistency on a lack of communication. Sometimes these members seem as, in the dark, as we are and therefore fall back on vague 'stock' statements: ''yes there are plans to tour; currently, it is a question of sitting down and sorting through the material'' etc.

Agreed.  The answers always seem to be the same bullet points.  I'm not sure they ever really check back to see if things have changed.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »

Personally, I think Richard was being totally honest and DJ was being a bit pie in the sky, as he is a lot of the time.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2015, 03:47:19 PM »

So what's the point of you pointing this out?

What's your endgame? Is it a pity party with DX?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2015, 03:48:24 PM »

There is something really sinister that happens on this forum, through the introduction of Strawman arguments. The first - the only people - to bring up 'liars', 'lying', was Jarmo and Emily. At no point have I, DGX or Ginger (I believe) ever accused these two members of 'lying'.

I am not going to defend an opinion that I do not possess and did not even state to began with!!

Yeah, its crazy.  But I'm used to it from those two.

I don't take it personal.  And still try and cobble together a coherent conversation out of it (easier said than done, sometimes).

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2015, 03:50:18 PM »

So what's the point of you pointing this out?

This all started with this :

So, given the timestamp on this interview, does this mean we can stop clinging to the crutch that DJ and Richard's comments are so different because DJ made his months ago?

That's all what was said.

I was looking for you reaction to the fact you spent a lot of time and energy on a premise that was disproven by the posting of this interview.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2015, 03:54:05 PM »

I posted a recap explaining it all.

Just read it please, don't try to think how I feel or what I think. Just read the post. Smiley  ok

/jarmo

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2015, 03:54:57 PM »

Look, I didn't read your previous comments on this page, sorry. I was just asking a question based on the last comment you made.

The two statements doesn't "flat out contradict each other" as you said. One of them are giving a vague time frame while the other one doesn't give one at all. If the tour is planned for say December of this year, then it really comes down to Richard's definition of "soon". For all we know he's looking two months into the future with his tour comment.

You don't have to stretch things very far to make the two comments match. This could easily have a natural explanation.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: