Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:09:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Enquiry for a HTGTH Axl interview
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Enquiry for a HTGTH Axl interview  (Read 13723 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 02:01:52 PM »

Jarmo has a point here. And if there is nothing really firm to discuss about a new album, then no one will be satisfied with the answers anyway.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 02:42:25 PM »

How is asking about an album a bad thing?
Axl is all about the music anyways.

But I'd imagine the album news will come when they announce Ron's replacement if there will be any.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 03:02:51 PM »

I know that much.

I'm just saying that the whole idea of the interview seems to be to get an update on the album.
And if the one being interviewed isn't interested in talking about that at that specific point in time, then there goes the whole idea.

Just saying.

It's like when somebody tells you "Hey! Nice to see you!" and then immediately asks for something. You get a feeling there was an ulterior motive all along.  hihi

/jarmo

I can see that.

But,
Axl is first and foremost a musician, so new music will naturally be a big part of any interview. Especially if the rumors say that he is working on it. I have no problem seeing your point, and I won't hide the fact that new information about the music would be the main goal of the interview. But I don't see that as a bad thing really, we're interested in his work.

If this were to happen (the enquiry) and Axl isn't interested in talking about anything regarding the music, he won't do the interview, easy as that. No hard feelings either, just have to respect that.

To be totally honest, I don't find it that interesting reading about a persons favorite movie, meal or car, unless that person is an actor, chef or race car driver...

Being passionate about music, it will naturally be most rewarding to read about a musicians views on his/hers own material. That said, for me at least, it's always interesting to read a new Axl interview regardless of what the content is. The guy speaks so seldom in public so it's an event every time that happens.

To be clear, I didn't come up with the idea with the purpose of getting a release date, track listing or anything like that. It was mostly about his views on the material/process itself.

peace

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2015, 04:40:07 PM »

There's a time and place for everything.

But you should be honest. Is it an interview you want or an update on the album?  Saying you want an interview and then actually wanting the other thing isn't honest.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2015, 04:44:57 PM »

My questions would be:

1) What albums/artists do you enjoy most nowadays?
2) What direction do you see the next record going in- same sound as CD? Heavier? Lighter?
3) Would you consider opening up "The Vaults" for the fans and working on say getting more Chinese D AND UYI era shows released? Consider the example of The Rolling Stones, who have released at least two concerts from each era of the band on DVD.
4) What's the most mindfucking novel or movie you've read or seen?
5) If you could go back and do things differently, would you still have pursued the "rock star" path?
6) When you talk about GN'R records, I have noticed you really only mention AFD and Chinese Democracy in great detail. Looking back, how do you feel about the Use Your Illusion albums?
7) Would you ever consider having a "heavy hitter" such as Zakk Wylde or Jimmy Page or someone of that nature join the band?
Cool You're a very talented pianist...The piano solo pieces you played before November Rain for example on the UYI tour were beautiful...Have you ever or would you ever consider doing a project that is just you, a piano and nothing else?
9) Favorite Zeppelin record?
10) Would you ever consider playing Sympathy for the Devil live? Despite the controversy surrounding the old band's recording of it, its honestly IMO the best cover Guns has done to date.
11) What is your favorite Elton album? Do you like the song 'Amoreena' from Tumbleweed Connection?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 04:46:38 PM by CherryGarcia » Logged
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 06:44:04 PM »

But you should be honest. Is it an interview you want or an update on the album?  Saying you want an interview and then actually wanting the other thing isn't honest.

/jarmo

I'd be happy with an interview that didn't include much music at all, anything general about likes, dislikes, update on tv shows he likes, what fascinating places he's enjoyed going to see etc.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2015, 07:38:58 PM »

/jarmo

Depends on what you mean by "update". I can totally understand if he doesn't want to go into specifics about where in the release-process they are, and I wouldn't mind if there were no questions about those specifics either.

I would be way happy if we could get an interview were he talks about his views on music in general and a lot of the stuff on my list (previous page) isn't seeking any update on the album of sorts. Questions about approach to song-writing, the music industry, album art, music videos, him doing guest vocals and producing is all merely music related questions.

If we could get some framework conditions from the management, it would maybe be easier to create questions that he's more likely to answer.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »

Jarmo is hardly wrong.

We are after an update.  Let's be honest.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2015, 09:06:09 PM »

Jarmo is hardly wrong.

We are after an update.  Let's be honest.

I won't deny that I would be excited if Axl was interested in talking about the new album.

But, as I also said, I'm happy with a set of questions that won't divulge into the subject of the new album. Axl's views on all things music would be interesting to know about. A heads up from management with general subjects he would be interested to cover could maybe be the way to go.

Sweetness is a virtue
mortismurphy
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2015, 10:37:35 PM »

You want a preliminary on the type of questions you would be allowed to ask? The subjunctive mood has just reached a new echelon.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:48:37 PM by mortismurphy » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2015, 10:55:16 PM »

You want a preliminary on the type of questions you would be allowed to ask? The subjective mood has just reached a new echelon.

In a broad sense yes. I'm in no way suggesting they should write the questions for us. A heads up on what Axl might be interested in talking about could strengthen the chances of him wanting to do it. Or even a list of subjects he most likely don't want to talk about, might be easier.

I see now that having a list of questions essentially pencing in on new music could be seen as a way of "tricking" him into giving an update. Honestly, that was never my intention. I'm interested to know what he thinks about all aspects of music, not only his own even. More questions about Chinese Democracy would be really interesting.

Sweetness is a virtue
mortismurphy
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2015, 11:02:59 PM »

I have never seen much interest in musician-fan relations from this Team Brazil set up personally. I think it is a complete waste of time.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2015, 11:21:55 PM »

I really have no interest in knowing about axls personal life.  So questions about his likes or dislikes don't do it for me. 

Out of respect for him I wouldn't ask him questions about the line up from early 90s. Including getting back together with them.  However, I would be very interested in this

I would ask him about the current plans for music.  What the status of the next album is.  Future plans for touring.   Questions also about the experience of recording CD. 

I would also not be happy wth vague answers to these questions.   With no follow up questions ask by the person doing the interview

I don't think that's asking to much
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 12:18:27 AM »

Q: What do you think about the animosity all over GNR forums?
Q: What do you make of the endless criticism that comes your way from the forums? And the fact that some of it comes from the same people over and over again just about every day, almost obsessively?
Q: Anything we can do to get you to come around a little more often? We'd love to hear from you more if that was possible.
Q: Do you do lip trills? How do you train your voice? Been trying to imitate it forever. I understand if it's a secret though.
Q: Do you meditate or do any kind of spiritual work? I've noticed that you have a very strong presence and clarity about you. Understand if that's too personal though.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 06:41:04 AM »

/jarmo

If the conditions of the interview are that we can't ask about new music then I'm sure will all still have a million questions we'd like to ask. On the making of Chinese and dealing with buckethead.
What kind of music does he listen to besides the black keys etc?
How does he feel about the state of the music industry these days?
What does he eat for breakfast, what shows does he like besides Dexter and Sopranos?
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »

Is GnR going to remaster the back catalog for digital download and release a HD 24 bit lossless?

What did he think of Pono when Neil Young showed it off to him at the Bridge School benefit, or did he have a preference for another player (like the FiiO)?

The making of Chinese Democracy and a rundown on what the songs are about, now that we're all familiar with them and have our own interpretations on what they're about. It would be good to hear him do a play by play on what he was going through at the time he wrote those songs and how they came together.

Does he regret Chinese Democracy being streamed on MySpace before it was on sale in stores, and does he wish the album had been available as downloads at the time?

With GnR's music on Spotify, what's his opinion on the service?

Would he ever host a podcast where you got to play the songs he loved and talked about them?

If he retired from singing, what could he see himself doing?

Does he still regret not making a public appearance in 2008, and was it because they were still seeking a guitarist at the time that he didn't, or was he not doing well at the time it came out? It made no sense that he didn't come out and make any kind of appearance, but appreciated that he chose to talk (write) directly to the fans.

His relationship with Paul Huge (Tobias) because he seems to be a big part of the album and band coming together - was he good friends with Izzy and what did Izzy think of Paul being in GNR? How come Mank Rage never put an album out, and was Axl going to produce their album?  What did Paul contribute to Chinese Democracy?

With this being award season, and the Grammys just passed, does he have a place where he displays his awards? Some people use their Grammys as bookends and doorstops, others have a custom made cabinet with security to display them. 

All the notebooks he's written in over the years, does he still go back and look through them to use for potential songs, even if they're from 30 years ago? How often do song ideas come into his head?

When he hears a GnR song covered by someone, how does he feel about it, and does he have a favorite?

What was the weirdest cover of a GnR song he's heard?

Is he involved in animal rescue?

And.... will he ever do Locomotive in concert?

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »

The timing has to be right for the band.

What can Axl offer at this point in time that he has not already answered.

Well, some information about the new music is probably what the fans want to know about the most. We really don't know much specifics about what their plans are.

I'm not against the idea itself. But then when it turns into this kinda "forced" way of getting updates regarding the album... It just loses some of its fun I guess.

It's like people who send you messages asking when you're gonna go to country X but what they really wanna know is, when is GN'R going to country X....

Just something to consider.

/jarmo

When will you be coming to the South East US?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 01:56:45 PM »

I heard you go through a lot to go onstage. Would you be willing to go into that at all? As someone that has practiced singing myself, I feel like a big part of the job is getting into a state where there is less cognitive dissonance. If half of me is critical of myself or not into what I'm doing and the other half is trying to sing, it doesn't work out so well. Does it perhaps have something to do with this?

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2015, 02:16:11 PM »

When will you be coming to the South East US?

Haha!

After after!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2015, 04:07:05 PM »

Axl, who is your favorite character from the Star Wars prequels?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: