Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:49:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Dead Daisies (Dizzy & Richard)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dead Daisies (Dizzy & Richard)  (Read 10098 times)
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« on: February 12, 2015, 03:22:22 PM »

The Dead Daisies Head To Cuba as Part of Cultural Exchange

Musical Collective Hits Havana For A Week Visiting The Country As Guests Of The Cuban Ministry Of Culture, Institute Of Music & Cuban Rock Agency

NEW YORK, Feb. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Dynamic musical collective The Dead Daisies head to Cuba as guests of the Cuban Ministry of Culture, Institute of Music and the Cuban Rock Agency. The rock band will be in Havana from February 22 to March 1 as part of a cultural exchange.

While in Cuba they will be performing shows as well as recording tracks for their upcoming album and jamming with Cuban musicians Yasek Manzano, Carlos Miyares, Michel Herrera, Alejandro Martinez, Harold Lopez and Yaimi Karel. The group will also visit schools and conduct workshops with students and local musicians. The trip will conclude with the Cuba Rocks for Peace concert at the legendary Salon Rosado de la Tropical on Saturday, February 28. The Salon Rosado de la Tropical is one of the most important venues in Cuba and is considered a cathedral for Cuban popular music. Joining The Daisies on the 28th will be Cuban artists, David Blanco y su grupo and Anima Mundi.

The trip is the first for a rock band since Obama loosened travel and trade rules for the country. The band for this excursion includes Richard Fortus (Guns N' Roses), Marco Mendoza (Thin Lizzy), Dizzy Reed (Guns N' Roses), David Lowy (Mink) and Brian Tichy (Ozzy Osbourne).  Also along for the ride are friends Darryl Jones (The Rolling Stones), John Corabi (Motley Crue) and Bernard Fowler (The Rolling Stones).

Guitarist Richard Fortus says, "As an American, playing in Cuba is an incredible opportunity. To work and learn from Cuban musicians, and to experience their unique musical character is a dream of mine.  I know this will be one of my greatest experiences yet!"

"I'm really looking forward to a first visit and experience in Cuba," says Mendoza. "It's always been on my list of places to visit, being a fan of Afro-Cuban history and artists and the fact that I speak the language is also going to help. It will be a fantastic time with The Dead Daisies, it's sure to be something very special and memorable; A Rock'n Roll Buena Vista Social Club! VIVALAROCK!!"

Following their diplomatic summit of rock, the band will join KISS in June for European dates.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-dead-daisies-head-to-cuba-as-part-of-cultural-exchange-300033771.html
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:52:51 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 11:39:41 AM »

Excelent Concert, Pics:

https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadDaisies

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 07:09:33 PM »

The Dead Daisies will support KISS in Australia in October.

Before that, they'll support KISS and play some festivals in Europe in June.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:11:11 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 08:32:53 PM »

Photos of Richard and Dizzy in Cuba (all by Katarina Benzova):

http://loudwire.com/the-dead-daisies-cuba/

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 09:05:05 PM »

Great pics! Viva Cuba y rock n roll   Grin

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 11:11:09 PM »

So Corabi is in and Stevens has decided to pursue a solo career?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 08:45:18 AM »

Photos of Richard and Dizzy in Cuba (all by Katarina Benzova):

http://loudwire.com/the-dead-daisies-cuba/

Great pictures

My break is over

Where is my band now

Well it's only march. Yadayada
Dallo
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 08:19:14 PM »

So Corabi is in and Stevens has decided to pursue a solo career?

Jon's had a solo career since his band Noiseworks ended in 1992 (and he did some solo stuff prior too). He's had some legal trouble of late and it looks like he's out of the DD lineup as of right now.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/jodhi-meares-and-jon-stevens-breakup-caused-by-her-continuing-bond-with-james-packer-friends-say/story-fni0cx12-1227233749058
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 09:14:47 AM »

hey Mr . Reed.... nice socks!

assuming there are no additions to the next GNR touring cycle... they need to showcase Mr Fortus for what he is... the true rockstar of current GNR

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 09:22:52 AM »

assuming there are no additions to the next GNR touring cycle... they need to showcase Mr Fortus for what he is... the true rockstar of current GNR

Would love to see Richard take a more prominent role.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 04:45:52 PM »

Richard is just... cool. Can't think of any other way of describing him, everything he does on stage seems so effortless, like a natural thing. That's a hard thing to pull off 100%.

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »

Richard is just... cool. Can't think of any other way of describing him, everything he does on stage seems so effortless, like a natural thing. That's a hard thing to pull off 100%.

The Buckethead/Finck/Fortus guitar trio was just great during the 2002 tour. And he is doin' great in The Dead Daisies as well.

Sosso
VIP

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 09:03:33 PM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/john-corabi-joins-the-dead-daisies-for-new-album-tour/

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 12:30:00 PM »

The Buckethead/Finck/Fortus guitar trio was just great during the 2002 tour. And he is doin' great in The Dead Daisies as well.

Was Perfect, The Best Trident !!!

beer

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 10:17:03 PM »

So there's a new album coming this summer. June or July, can't remember right now.

Wonder how much touring they have planned except for the already announced shows.

Sweetness is a virtue
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 12:44:52 PM »

So there's a new album coming this summer. June or July, can't remember right now.

Wonder how much touring they have planned except for the already announced shows.

TDD, SIXX.AM, BUMBLEFOOT, CHRIS&FRANK

love

Pd. And GNR ?

hihi

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Sosso
VIP

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 10:53:24 PM »

http://thedeaddaisies.com/john-corabi-joins-dead-daisies/

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 07:09:27 PM »

Hear the Dead Daisies? New Song ?Midnight Moses?: Exclusive Premiere

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/dead-daisies-midnight-moses/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 01:56:23 PM »

Why does "Art of Anarchy" get moved to Ex-Members thread, but "Dead Daises" gets left in GNR thread?  Don't we have to go one way or the other?

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 02:08:17 PM »

Why does "Art of Anarchy" get moved to Ex-Members thread, but "Dead Daises" gets left in GNR thread?  Don't we have to go one way or the other?

If that's not confirmation that Ron is an ex member ... Then I don't know what is ... Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: