Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:43:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday  (Read 79407 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #400 on: February 18, 2015, 08:41:12 PM »

Not sure what your trying to get at?  Because Axl was in a Bud commercial for a second, you call that a loss of integrity?  Axl does one little thing, and he now has no integrity?  Axl has done other things as well.  However, comparing Axl to Slash in terms of integrity???  C'mon

Not speaking for him, but this all started out as a joke. 

Fortus was so over the top about how Axl is all about art and does nothing for money....this, despite him being in that Bud commercial not even a year prior.

It was just having a laugh.

Or course, since then, backs got up and wagons were circled and now we are in a death match over a bunch of unrelated tangets.  All because GOD FORBID we have a laugh around here.  This is all SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Exactly. The advert was trivial anyway. Axl looked a bit silly. I think everyone sees it for what it is, a quick cash fix. I laughed at the time. I still laugh at it today. If it offers Jarmo any, emotional support, I will say that it pales in comparison to appearing at the Superbowl with Fegie in a glittery top-hat. If that is what he wants from me, I am willing to concede that?

So you think Axl did that commercial for money?  Who knows, maybe he did.  However, its hard for me to believe Axl appeared for a second in a commercial for what would be a very small amount of money.  I have to disagree with the "quick cash fix" comment.  Maybe he did it for a friend?  Maybe he did it because he thought it was goofy, but yet funny and very random (maybe he got a kick out of it)?  Maybe he did it as a favor?  Maybe he didn't even get paid.    

I honestly would believe any other reason than to get some quick cash. 

Don't agree. I cannot see any reason why anyone would appear in a Budweiser advert for anything but money.

The money? You're way off man. He did it for the beer. Everyone knows people that do Budweiser commercials get free beer for life.

Imagine turning on your shower faucet and hitting a little switch... ever taken a Budweiser shower before?

What about a Budweiser bidet, ever use one of them? The carbonation reportedly enables them to clean you off a lot more thoroughly than a water bidet, it's like oxy clean foaming action.

Everyone knows all famous people use bidets. I don't blame him for wanting the best of the best so he can show off when really important people like Nicholas Cage come over. That's his strategy for building up the courage needed to overcome all that self doubt he's been dragging around. Nicholas cage is actually a key part of that strategy.  

It's fun being able to come up with your own scenario based off thinking you know how Axl thinks and why he does things.

Would that be a Golden Shower Rudy?  hihi

Some people's little fantasies of being able to know how people think and what they are like is both funny and a bit disturbing. nervous

The shower, yes. As for the Budweiser bidet, it's official name is the Bungholio2000.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #401 on: February 18, 2015, 08:43:16 PM »

Lizzy Hale from Halestorm: "this new record we really wanted to bridge the gap, so to speak, between what people see on our live shows and then what people hear on all our records. We basically went back to the beginning. We went with a completely new producer, a new town, a new mindset. We did all of the tracks live, just the four of us standing in a circle in this beautiful church in Nashville. The goal was to capture performances and moments that the four of us only know when we?re in our practice space or back in the day when we used to practice in our parents? basement.?

Read More: Halestorm Unleash New Song 'Mayhem' | http://loudwire.com/halestorm-mayhem/?trackback=tsmclip

This is something that I miss about Axl. Just go in the record studio, do the music without the overproduction, and release it. Since 2009, Halestorm have released three original albums, two cover albums, and one live album. Slash has released three original albums and one live album since 2010. Why can't Axl do the same??  Don't have self-doubt and move forward.

Why are you comparing GNR with this band??? Never heard of them.

How do you know he has self-doubt? Did a magical sparkly internet elf whisper that in your ear?

Emily, there is no use talking with you.  What I'm comparing is the amount of time it took Halestorm, Slash, and Axl to release albums. I know I know. I'm one of those fans that is expecting too much from Axl. I know it's on Axl's time. Axl will be ready when he's ready. Heard it all before.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:52:02 PM by draguns » Logged
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #402 on: February 18, 2015, 08:53:52 PM »

^^ There you go. Next time someone takes longer to do something than most people, I'll know to just chalk it up to self doubt. Anytime something gets delayed, somebody out there needs to buy a self help book. What would I do without the internet? I would never know anything.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #403 on: February 18, 2015, 08:54:22 PM »

Lizzy Hale from Halestorm: "this new record we really wanted to bridge the gap, so to speak, between what people see on our live shows and then what people hear on all our records. We basically went back to the beginning. We went with a completely new producer, a new town, a new mindset. We did all of the tracks live, just the four of us standing in a circle in this beautiful church in Nashville. The goal was to capture performances and moments that the four of us only know when we?re in our practice space or back in the day when we used to practice in our parents? basement.?

Read More: Halestorm Unleash New Song 'Mayhem' | http://loudwire.com/halestorm-mayhem/?trackback=tsmclip

This is something that I miss about Axl. Just go in the record studio, do the music without the overproduction, and release it. Since 2009, Halestorm have released three original albums, two cover albums, and one live album. Slash has released three original albums and one live album since 2010. Why can't Axl do the same??  Don't have self-doubt and move forward.

How do you know he has self-doubt? Did a magical sparkly internet elf whisper that in your ear?

Absolutley not to make an point, at all....but...you should  check them out. Lzzy is the real deal and their stuff..(covers included, some gnr) is fucking amazing, imho. I think you would dig it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #404 on: February 18, 2015, 08:59:06 PM »

^^ There you go. Next time someone takes longer to do something than most people, I'll know to just chalk it up to self doubt. Anytime something gets delayed, somebody out there needs to buy a self help book. What would I do without the internet? I would never know anything.

So you discount it totally?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #405 on: February 18, 2015, 09:26:13 PM »

Everyone has self doubt. I don't discount it completely, but I don't actually have any clue what's going on in Axl's head. I'm not going to cling to some scenario I made up.

What does he have to be afraid of? That so and so won't like his record? I think that doesn't matter to him as long as he likes his record. That's kind of how I see the integrity thing here. If it doesn't live up to his standards, then it's a no go. The fact that nobody can force him into it is also really cool and part of him staying true to himself.

If you really have no cognitive dissonance or inner conflict brewing up from your own actions then it won't matter what anyone else thinks. It's like how Socrates was before he died. He didn't care he was going to be executed because he knew he did everything right.

Reasons for believing this scenario? Richard seems like a pretty down to earth guy. Even acknowledged that he's not sure if Guns is doing it right or not. Seems honest enough. I doubt he would just start pulling all of this stuff out of his ass to please Axl or whatever.

I like this quote I saw over at MSL's site: "Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep."

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #406 on: February 18, 2015, 09:40:04 PM »

I'm not telling you he's rocking back and forth in corner in the fetal position.

I'm just saying that its playing a role in these delays.  I don't see a scenario where it plays a 0% role, to put it another way.

That's all.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #407 on: February 18, 2015, 10:23:37 PM »

Absolutley not to make an point, at all....but...you should  check them out. Lzzy is the real deal and their stuff..(covers included, some gnr) is fucking amazing, imho. I think you would dig it.

Her version of Out Ta Get Me is really freaking good

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #408 on: February 18, 2015, 10:33:10 PM »

Will definitely do that on your recommendation  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #409 on: February 18, 2015, 10:33:46 PM »

I'm not telling you he's rocking back and forth in corner in the fetal position.

I'm just saying that its playing a role in these delays.  I don't see a scenario where it plays a 0% role, to put it another way.

That's all.

Agreed. He's human after all. Of course it plays some role.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #410 on: February 18, 2015, 10:35:30 PM »

You wouldn't even know about Bungholio  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #411 on: February 18, 2015, 10:54:04 PM »

You wouldn't even know about Bungholio  hihi

See!? That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. Where would I be today if I didn't know about the Bungholio2000? Last I heard, the most recent version was the Bungholio1999. That's how out of touch I am.

mortismurphy
« Reply #412 on: February 19, 2015, 07:17:03 AM »

Don't agree. I cannot see any reason why anyone would appear in a Budweiser advert for anything but money.

It's not out of the relm for him to do it as a favor for someone, presuming he would know a few executives, very well known in Brazil etc . Doesn't sit right he would do it for money in my opinion

No, it is not out of the realm of possibility, but I find it unlikely. I have never seen Axl in the company of executives from beer conglomerates before! (Although saying that, I know Slash had some sort of connection with Black Death Vodka). It seems like grasping at straws. I can envision a scenario for that advert being, 15 minutes of Axl's time for an instant $50,000 put to Axl's management - more when the song licence is thrown in. It is really a trivial thing, and I freely admit that Axl is no where near to being the worst offender at this sort of thing (Slash and various prominent sportspeople spring to mind). I only brought it up because it completely contradicts Richard Fortus's hagiography but it was then turned into this ''big serious life and death struggle for Axl's integrity'' by, you know who.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #413 on: February 19, 2015, 08:13:22 AM »

Jarmo, it's not my spin. You are correct that the name Guns N' Roses existed. With that being said, did  Axl Rose, Traci Guns, Ole Beich, Izzy, and Rob Gardiner create "Welcome to the Jungle", "Sweet Child", Paradise City", Rocket Queen", "Patience", etc.?? What were some of their hit songs with that lineup? Smiley The point is that the name existed, but there was no meaning behind the name. 

Those are songs that made the name famous. Doesn't mean the name didn't exist before.
Just because Coca Cola sold more last year than in the 1950s doesn't mean it didn't exist or that the name was worthless. Wink

There you go. Next time someone takes longer to do something than most people, I'll know to just chalk it up to self doubt. Anytime something gets delayed, somebody out there needs to buy a self help book. What would I do without the internet? I would never know anything.

Haha.
Yes, and then you need to consider that the people coming up with these theories rarely say the same about themselves.

I only brought it up because it completely contradicts Richard Fortus's hagiography but it was then turned into this ''big serious life and death struggle for Axl's integrity'' by, you know who.

Oh please. It still doesn't prove Richard to be wrong. Just your twist. Or is it a spin?! Because the fact is, you, or I, don't know why he made that appearance. You assume, as always.

By the way, you assumed all kinds of things were the money might have gone but recording sessions and/or charity weren't any of them. How come? Why does that angle never occur to you?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:36:43 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #414 on: February 19, 2015, 08:41:28 AM »

By the way, you assumed all kinds of things were the money might have gone but recording sessions and/or charity weren't any of them. How come? Why does that angle never occur to you?

Due to two reasons. Firstly, it is not sustainable regular cash flow. Secondly, there is greater evidence for the Loch Ness Monster and the Abominable Snowman, than there is, that Axl is anywhere near a studio.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #415 on: February 19, 2015, 08:52:27 AM »

Jarmo, the name Guns N' Roses really didn't mean anything until the classic lineup was formed and AFD was released.  You can spin it however you like, but that's a fact.

That's your spin. You don't like the fact tat the name existed before those other guys joined. You can make claims about how it didn't mean anything or how those guys alone made it mean something. Whatever you want. None of that changes that there was a band named Guns N' Roses before those guys were in that band!

Smiley

Jarmo, it's not my spin. You are correct that the name Guns N' Roses existed. With that being said, did  Axl Rose, Traci Guns, Ole Beich, Izzy, and Rob Gardiner create "Welcome to the Jungle", "Sweet Child", Paradise City", Rock Queen", "Patience", etc.?? What were some of their hit songs with that lineup? Smiley The point is that the name existed, but there was no meaning behind the name. 

Doesn't change a thing, it existed before the classic lineup, Axl brought the name in so why shouldn't he use it if he chooses to do so?

Hilarious that a handful of people think they get to decide what the band should be called.

This entire name discussion is tiring, and a moot point.

Where's your evidence that "Axl brought the name in"?  Is that a fact, or is that your unsolicited, amateur opinion?
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #416 on: February 19, 2015, 08:55:52 AM »

Axl owns the fuckin' name. There are no tour dates scheduled, and there is no release date set for an album. Facts. Now go play in someone else's sandbox.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:12:38 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #417 on: February 19, 2015, 09:08:49 AM »

Due to two reasons. Firstly, it is not sustainable regular cash flow. Secondly, there is greater evidence for the Loch Ness Monster and the Abominable Snowman, than there is, that Axl is anywhere near a studio.

Remember that quote I showed you where Axl mentioned new things? How about that Richard comment from last year when he talks about recording and Axl being in the studio?
No?

Good luck with Nessie.

This is what happens when everything is always negative. Whine, whine, whine. That's why I gave you the chance of taking a time out until you find something postivie.

Where's your evidence that "Axl brought the name in"?  Is that a fact, or is that your unsolicited, amateur opinion?

Why is it that the guys arguing against never seem to have done their homework? We have Axl saying pretty much that, and yet here you are either ignorantly disregarding it, or arguing that he doesn't know and/or is lying.

Go ahead, read it.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:15:22 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #418 on: February 19, 2015, 09:11:50 AM »

I actually agree that the name thing is an old topic in the sense that, if you did not reconcile yourself, somewhere around 2000, to the fact that Axl now had the name and was about to relaunch a new version of the band, you are probably not going to reconcile yourself to it in 2015. You should have decided to, buy into Axl's vision somewhere during that earlier period (or the reverse, ditch ship). Duff, Stradlin, and perhaps to a lesser degree, Slash, seem to have reconciled themselves to the fact.

It is still a topic of historic interest though.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #419 on: February 19, 2015, 09:31:27 AM »

I actually agree that the name thing is an old topic in the sense that, if you did not reconcile yourself, somewhere around 2000, to the fact that Axl now had the name and was about to relaunch a new version of the band, you are probably not going to reconcile yourself to it in 2015. You should have decided to, buy into Axl's vision somewhere during that earlier period (or the reverse, ditch ship). Duff, Stradlin, and perhaps to a lesser degree, Slash, seem to have reconciled themselves to the fact.

It is still a topic of historic interest though.

I don?t question for one second that Axl owns the name Guns n Roses.  I question the notion that he, and he alone, came up with the name.  Jarmo, spin it however you want, but you can?t say 100% that he alone created it?you?ll go so far as to say Axl has ?pretty much? said that, but that?s different than it being fact.

Now, the question of who was in the best position to take sole ownership of the name in the 90?s is an entirely different (dead horse) question.  I would say Axl.  I?m just challenging this assumption that it?s rightfully his because he came up with it by himself. 
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: