Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:58:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday  (Read 79468 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #380 on: February 18, 2015, 05:41:22 PM »

The poster it was aimed at got hung up on the joke and didn't bother responding to the rest. Surprise surprise.

Hey, bring funnier stuff to the table. 

I've given you credit for decent jokes or clever references in the past, haven't I?

But you gotta earn it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #381 on: February 18, 2015, 05:51:10 PM »

The only reason you'd bring it up is to stir shit up.
Like I said, I've tried to be nice, but that seems to be your "goal". If not, I apologize but that's sure as hell what it looks like.

/jarmo

I have already said, I have no intention of quoting it!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #382 on: February 18, 2015, 06:02:11 PM »

If you felt strongly, and still played under that banner...i'd say that makes you somethng of a hypocrit.

But couldn't it also be that you two patched it up?

Yeah, which means you no longer feel strongly, right? You've changed your mind? Something changed?

Because if, at the time you walked on stage, you felt the band you were playing with wasnt guns n roses....THAT would make you a hypocrit, imho. It's tacit endorsement, at least...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:04:00 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mortismurphy
« Reply #383 on: February 18, 2015, 06:31:39 PM »

Not sure what your trying to get at?  Because Axl was in a Bud commercial for a second, you call that a loss of integrity?  Axl does one little thing, and he now has no integrity?  Axl has done other things as well.  However, comparing Axl to Slash in terms of integrity???  C'mon

Not speaking for him, but this all started out as a joke. 

Fortus was so over the top about how Axl is all about art and does nothing for money....this, despite him being in that Bud commercial not even a year prior.

It was just having a laugh.

Or course, since then, backs got up and wagons were circled and now we are in a death match over a bunch of unrelated tangets.  All because GOD FORBID we have a laugh around here.  This is all SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Exactly. The advert was trivial anyway. Axl looked a bit silly. I think everyone sees it for what it is, a quick cash fix. I laughed at the time. I still laugh at it today. If it offers Jarmo any, emotional support, I will say that it pales in comparison to appearing at the Superbowl with Fegie in a glittery top-hat. If that is what he wants from me, I am willing to concede that?

So you think Axl did that commercial for money?  Who knows, maybe he did.  However, its hard for me to believe Axl appeared for a second in a commercial for what would be a very small amount of money.  I have to disagree with the "quick cash fix" comment.  Maybe he did it for a friend?  Maybe he did it because he thought it was goofy, but yet funny and very random (maybe he got a kick out of it)?  Maybe he did it as a favor?  Maybe he didn't even get paid.    

I honestly would believe any other reason than to get some quick cash. 

Don't agree. I cannot see any reason why anyone would appear in a Budweiser advert for anything but money.
mortismurphy
« Reply #384 on: February 18, 2015, 06:35:17 PM »

If you felt strongly, and still played under that banner...i'd say that makes you somethng of a hypocrit.

Yeah, which means you no longer feel strongly, right? You've changed your mind? Something changed?

Because if, at the time you walked on stage, you felt the band you were playing with wasnt guns n roses....THAT would make you a hypocrit, imho. It's tacit endorsement, at least...

I presume Axl forgive Stradlin (and perhaps Izzy forgive Axl certain things) and they resumed their ancient friendship. They are childhood pals. It is like John and Paul. Both John and Paul said a lot of nasty stuff around the break-up of The Beatles but, by the late 1970s they were getting along much better. Occasionally Paul and Linda would drop into the Dakota and they would have a chat.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #385 on: February 18, 2015, 06:42:50 PM »

Not sure what your trying to get at?  Because Axl was in a Bud commercial for a second, you call that a loss of integrity?  Axl does one little thing, and he now has no integrity?  Axl has done other things as well.  However, comparing Axl to Slash in terms of integrity???  C'mon

Fortus was so over the top about how Axl is all about art and does nothing for money....this, despite him being in that Bud commercial not even a year prior.

Or course, since then, backs got up and wagons were circled and now we are in a death match over a bunch of unrelated tangets.  All because GOD FORBID we have a laugh around here.  This is all SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Exactly. The advert was trivial anyway. Axl looked a bit silly. I think everyone sees it for what it is, a quick cash fix. I laughed at the time. I still laugh at it today. If it offers Jarmo any, emotional support, I will say that it pales in comparison to appearing at the Superbowl with Fegie in a glittery top-hat. If that is what he wants from me, I am willing to concede that?

So you think Axl did that commercial for money?  Who knows, maybe he did.  However, its hard for me to believe Axl appeared for a second in a commercial for what would be a very small amount of money.  I have to disagree with the "quick cash fix" comment.  Maybe he did it for a friend?  Maybe he did it because he thought it was goofy, but yet funny and very random (maybe he got a kick out of it)?  Maybe he did it as a favor?  Maybe he didn't even get paid.    

Don't agree. I cannot see any reason why anyone would appear in a Budweiser advert for anything but money.

Artists and entertainers have been endorcing products over seas and in forgien countries other than there own for many years.    They would do this because it was more socially accepted in these countries to do so...   Where in the US, you are seen as a sell out....  In the media age we live in now, there really isn't any boarders any more.  And just like this commercial you can find anything now

I don't have a problem with it all.  I drink bud light and if I had the chance to make some money over selling beer I would also do it.   It has nothing to do with ones principals or morals or being a sell out.   It's usually huge money for very little effort or time spent

Now I did listen to the interview and Richard does come a little over the top with his praises of Axl for not selling out.  And really Axl hasn't done a whole lot of selling out.  But the dude likes money.  He likes fast cars.  He likes noce houses.  He likes to travel and have his drink and food.   Duff and slash actually sued Axl for preventing the use of certain music in Hollywood movies, Blackhawk down etc...   So there are examples of him not just doing things for money.   Sometimes the offer is just way to good to pass up though, private concerts to rich oil people in the desert, voice overs on video games etc....  

I think Axl has a very healthy balance of not being a sell out and making his money
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #386 on: February 18, 2015, 06:44:58 PM »

I presume Axl forgive Stradlin (and perhaps Izzy forgive Axl certain things) and they resumed their ancient friendship. They are childhood pals. It is like John and Paul. Both John and Paul said a lot of nasty stuff around the break-up of The Beatles but, by the late 1970s they were getting along much better. Occasionally Paul and Linda would drop into the Dakota and they would have a chat.

Thats my presumption, too.

My point was/is...if he still felt the way he did around the time of that interview, and got up and played with a band he still felt wasn't guns n roses..he'd be a hypocrit.

I don't think thats what happened.

Which really means that interview in classic rock.....sorta no longer what it was. Its an old snapshot....and the person in it no longer resembles the person, today.

Because either izzy no longer feels that way....or...hypocrit. One or the other, right?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #387 on: February 18, 2015, 06:55:12 PM »

The poster it was aimed at got hung up on the joke and didn't bother responding to the rest. Surprise surprise.

Hey, bring funnier stuff to the table. 

I've given you credit for decent jokes or clever references in the past, haven't I?

But you gotta earn it.

You should aim at being on one of those dancing contests on TV, the way you dance around issues.
Lots of words, no substance.

At least pilferk seemed to get the point.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:58:22 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #388 on: February 18, 2015, 07:03:31 PM »

It's not out of the relm for him to do it as a favor for someone, presuming he would know a few executives, very well known in Brazil etc . Doesn't sit right he would do it for money in my opinion

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #389 on: February 18, 2015, 07:19:20 PM »

It's not out of the relm for him to do it as a favor for someone, presuming he would know a few executives, very well known in Brazil etc . Doesn't sit right he would do it for money in my opinion

It's better than not seeing him at all. I'd rather see him do commercials for lots of things than not hearing or seeing him.
Many artists do commercials, it seems everything Axl does or doesn't do is wrong - he can't win.  no
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #390 on: February 18, 2015, 07:51:38 PM »

It's better than not seeing him at all. I'd rather see him do commercials for lots of things than not hearing or seeing him.

I agree with that.

I think Axl looked like a captured POW on Kimmel's show, but it was still cool to see him on there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #391 on: February 18, 2015, 07:59:37 PM »

You should aim at being on one of those dancing contests on TV, the way you dance around issues.
Lots of words, no substance.

I told you flat out, in point blank terms, I don't agree with your premise or conclusions on this one. 

I'm sorry if that's a real kick in the pants for you, because you clearly feel you were really onto something here, but that's life in the big city. 

I heard you out, considered it...and don't see it.  End of story.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #392 on: February 18, 2015, 08:11:46 PM »

Many artists do commercials, it seems everything Axl does or doesn't do is wrong - he can't win.  no

I miss hearing frequently rom Axl like we did back in the day. At his best he is an extremely interesting interview.  Its on record that he's felt burned by the press, but do you think thats still the issue, or is it that he just doesn't have the desire and feel the need to share that part of himself anymore?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #393 on: February 18, 2015, 08:20:37 PM »

Jarmo, the name Guns N' Roses really didn't mean anything until the classic lineup was formed and AFD was released.  You can spin it however you like, but that's a fact.

That's your spin. You don't like the fact tat the name existed before those other guys joined. You can make claims about how it didn't mean anything or how those guys alone made it mean something. Whatever you want. None of that changes that there was a band named Guns N' Roses before those guys were in that band!

Smiley

Jarmo, it's not my spin. You are correct that the name Guns N' Roses existed. With that being said, did  Axl Rose, Traci Guns, Ole Beich, Izzy, and Rob Gardiner create "Welcome to the Jungle", "Sweet Child", Paradise City", Rocket Queen", "Patience", etc.?? What were some of their hit songs with that lineup? Smiley The point is that the name existed, but there was no meaning behind the name. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:53:36 PM by draguns » Logged
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #394 on: February 18, 2015, 08:22:20 PM »

I miss hearing frequently rom Axl like we did back in the day. At his best he is an extremely interesting interview.  Its on record that he's felt burned by the press, but do you think thats still the issue, or is it that he just doesn't have the desire and feel the need to share that part of himself anymore?

There's a lot of things that I miss about the old Axl Rose.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #395 on: February 18, 2015, 08:28:25 PM »

The money? You're way off man. He did it for the beer. Everyone knows people that do Budweiser commercials get free beer for life.

Imagine turning on your shower faucet and hitting a little switch... ever taken a Budweiser shower before?

What about a Budweiser bidet, ever use one of them? The carbonation reportedly enables them to clean you off a lot more thoroughly than a water bidet, it's like oxy clean foaming action.

Everyone knows all famous people use bidets. I don't blame him for wanting the best of the best so he can show off when really important people like Nicholas Cage come over. That's his strategy for building up the courage needed to overcome all that self doubt he's been dragging around. Nicholas cage is actually a key part of that strategy.  

It's fun being able to come up with your own scenario based off thinking you know how Axl thinks and why he does things.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #396 on: February 18, 2015, 08:28:38 PM »

Jarmo, the name Guns N' Roses really didn't mean anything until the classic lineup was formed and AFD was released.  You can spin it however you like, but that's a fact.

That's your spin. You don't like the fact tat the name existed before those other guys joined. You can make claims about how it didn't mean anything or how those guys alone made it mean something. Whatever you want. None of that changes that there was a band named Guns N' Roses before those guys were in that band!

Smiley

Jarmo, it's not my spin. You are correct that the name Guns N' Roses existed. With that being said, did  Axl Rose, Traci Guns, Ole Beich, Izzy, and Rob Gardiner create "Welcome to the Jungle", "Sweet Child", Paradise City", Rock Queen", "Patience", etc.?? What were some of their hit songs with that lineup? Smiley The point is that the name existed, but there was no meaning behind the name. 

Doesn't change a thing, it existed before the classic lineup, Axl brought the name in so why shouldn't he use it if he chooses to do so?

Hilarious that a handful of people think they get to decide what the band should be called.

This entire name discussion is tiring, and a moot point.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #397 on: February 18, 2015, 08:29:45 PM »

Lizzy Hale from Halestorm: "this new record we really wanted to bridge the gap, so to speak, between what people see on our live shows and then what people hear on all our records. We basically went back to the beginning. We went with a completely new producer, a new town, a new mindset. We did all of the tracks live, just the four of us standing in a circle in this beautiful church in Nashville. The goal was to capture performances and moments that the four of us only know when we?re in our practice space or back in the day when we used to practice in our parents? basement.?

Read More: Halestorm Unleash New Song 'Mayhem' | http://loudwire.com/halestorm-mayhem/?trackback=tsmclip

This is something that I miss about Axl. Just go in the record studio, do the music without the overproduction, and release it. Since 2009, Halestorm have released three original albums, two cover albums, and one live album. Slash has released three original albums and one live album since 2010. Why can't Axl do the same??  Don't have self-doubt and move forward.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #398 on: February 18, 2015, 08:31:19 PM »

The money? You're way off man. He did it for the beer. Everyone knows people that do Budweiser commercials get free beer for life.

Imagine turning on your shower faucet and hitting a little switch... ever taken a Budweiser shower before?

What about a Budweiser bidet, ever use one of them? The carbonation reportedly enables them to clean you off a lot more thoroughly than a water bidet, it's like oxy clean foaming action.

Everyone knows all famous people use bidets. I don't blame him for wanting the best of the best so he can show off when really important people like Nicholas Cage come over. That's his strategy for building up the courage needed to overcome all that self doubt he's been dragging around. Nicholas cage is actually a key part of that strategy.  

It's fun being able to come up with your own scenario based off thinking you know how Axl thinks and why he does things.

Would that be a Golden Shower Rudy?  hihi

Some people's little fantasies of being able to know how people think and what they are like is both funny and a bit disturbing. nervous

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #399 on: February 18, 2015, 08:33:05 PM »

Lizzy Hale from Halestorm: "this new record we really wanted to bridge the gap, so to speak, between what people see on our live shows and then what people hear on all our records. We basically went back to the beginning. We went with a completely new producer, a new town, a new mindset. We did all of the tracks live, just the four of us standing in a circle in this beautiful church in Nashville. The goal was to capture performances and moments that the four of us only know when we?re in our practice space or back in the day when we used to practice in our parents? basement.?

Read More: Halestorm Unleash New Song 'Mayhem' | http://loudwire.com/halestorm-mayhem/?trackback=tsmclip

This is something that I miss about Axl. Just go in the record studio, do the music without the overproduction, and release it. Since 2009, Halestorm have released three original albums, two cover albums, and one live album. Slash has released three original albums and one live album since 2010. Why can't Axl do the same??  Don't have self-doubt and move forward.

Why are you comparing GNR with this band??? Never heard of them.

How do you know he has self-doubt? Did a magical sparkly internet elf whisper that in your ear?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:35:32 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: