Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:54:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday  (Read 79451 times)
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #360 on: February 18, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »

Name discussion. Is it really 2015? Hard to believe.

/jarmo

[/quote]

You know what Jarmo, till this current lineup carves it's own identity and creates it's masterpiece...you will always see these arguments. Axl had to know that it comes with the territory when he decided to go on with the GNR name.

Then again there will always be haters. But he cant worry about that.

Back on topic...having seen Fortus play with the Dead Daisies you can see that he is more than capable of being the lead guitarist of this band. The guy kicks ass and is a loyal member to boot.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #361 on: February 18, 2015, 03:46:06 PM »

The appearance in the beer commercial undermines Richard's point he doesn't just do things for money.  It had noting to do with music.  You set all that up.

Any way you look at it, the same can be done with Izzy and his comments versus him touring with GN'R. Disagreeing with that?

Yes.  Yes, I am.

The Axl in the beer commercial joke was to make light of what Richard said.  It directly refuted his claim.

What are we making light of with an Izzy interview from 14 years ago?  Where is the connection between the 2 situations?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #362 on: February 18, 2015, 03:47:36 PM »

You know what Jarmo, till this current lineup carves it's own identity and creates it's masterpiece...you will always see these arguments. Axl had to know that it comes with the territory when he decided to go on with the GNR name.

Yep.  He enables a lot of this talk with his own inaction.

The lack of output makes the whole thing just look like a bad idea.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #363 on: February 18, 2015, 03:51:25 PM »

Name discussion. Is it really 2015? Hard to believe.

/jarmo

Yes.  The name issue is always going to be there.  It's funny that you ask for specifics, and, when presented, it's dismissed.  In this case, these music artists are all biased because they are friends with Slash.  Are we in high school?

Anyway, back on topic (which, admittedly is hard to stay on given the lack of new news) IMO Richard is underutilized in the current lineup.  If they ever tour again, I hope he has an expanded role, regardless of whether they hire another guitarist.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #364 on: February 18, 2015, 04:01:23 PM »

You know what Jarmo, till this current lineup carves it's own identity and creates it's masterpiece...you will always see these arguments.

No, it's not about that. Slash QUIT in 1996. Almost 20 years ago. People talked about there not being a GN'R without him in 1997, 1998, 1999..... And here we are! 2015!
What has changed? Nothing. He's still a former member.

Any way you look at it, the same can be done with Izzy and his comments versus him touring with GN'R. Disagreeing with that?

Yes.  Yes, I am.

The Axl in the beer commercial joke was to make light of what Richard said.  It directly refuted his claim.

What are we making light of with an Izzy interview from 14 years ago?  Where is the connection between the 2 situations?

Really?
You don't get it? There's not a connection and I wasn't comparing. It's basic common sense. You use one thing to "refute" a claim, so can others.

Richard: Axl has musical integrity and won't whore himself out just for money!
You: Yes he will. He appeared in a commercial! He did it for money! Richard you lie! Axl paid you to say nice things!

Izzy ten years ago: It's not GN'R.
Izzy years later: Tours with the band, not once, but twice.

The name issue didn't seem to bother him, or he just didn't care what the band was called at that point. I don't know. But the fact that he toured with GN'R kinda puts his comments in a different light.

In this case, these music artists are all biased because they are friends with Slash.  Are we in high school?

Why is it that you can come up with all kinds of wild theories but if one of those theories puts things in a different light that might "defend" GN'R, it's suddenly ridiculed?
Are you saying Joe Perry, Ozzy, Alice Cooper are all objective and their friendship with Slash can in no shape or form color their opinions of him and his former band? You know this for sure?

Not really. Nobody's forcing you to type anything. It's up to you.
It says something about you that you still find this interesting. Or still can't certain subjects go, years and years later.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 04:03:08 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #365 on: February 18, 2015, 04:06:52 PM »

You know what Jarmo, till this current lineup carves it's own identity and creates it's masterpiece...you will always see these arguments.

No, it's not about that. Slash QUIT in 1996. Almost 20 years ago. People talked about there not being a GN'R without him in 1997, 1998, 1999..... And here we are! 2015!
What has changed? Nothing. He's still a former member.

Jarmo,

Im not refuting that, my whole post made reference to the baggage associated to going under the GNR moniker. My point is that until "This Current Band" carves out it's own niche it will always be in the shadows of the old lineup.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #366 on: February 18, 2015, 04:07:29 PM »

Really?
You don't get it? There's not a connection and I wasn't comparing. It's basic common sense. You use one thing to "refute" a claim, so can others.

Richard: Axl has musical integrity and won't whore himself out just for money!
You: Yes he will. He appeared in a commercial! He did it for money! Richard you lie! Axl paid you to say nice things!

Izzy ten years ago: It's not GN'R.
Izzy years later: Tours with the band, not once, but twice.

The name issue didn't seem to bother him, or he just didn't care what the band was called at that point. I don't know. But the fact that he toured with GN'R kinda puts his comments in a different light.

I hope you stretched first.  Its imperative before making this sort of reach.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #367 on: February 18, 2015, 04:10:46 PM »

Not really. Nobody's forcing you to type anything. It's up to you.
It says something about you that you still find this interesting. Or still can't certain subjects go, years and years later.

Its certainly easier when one is not bothered with things like steady activity or recent news.  Really frees up the time to rehash.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #368 on: February 18, 2015, 04:12:04 PM »

In this case, these music artists are all biased because they are friends with Slash.  Are we in high school?

Why is it that you can come up with all kinds of wild theories but if one of those theories puts things in a different light that might "defend" GN'R, it's suddenly ridiculed?
Are you saying Joe Perry, Ozzy, Alice Cooper are all objective and their friendship with Slash can in no shape or form color their opinions of him and his former band? You know this for sure?

They asked their opinion, and they gave it.

I seriously doubt they are super in tune with the ongoing Axl vs. Slash debate that only exists in the minds of partisan GNR fans.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #369 on: February 18, 2015, 04:16:37 PM »

Im not refuting that, my whole post made reference to the baggage associated to going under the GNR moniker.

Of course, but you'd think the so called hardcore fans who've been along for the ride has already talked about that subject more than once? No?

Talking to you is like trying to carry water in a bucket with no bottom.
Fun for a while, but becomes pointless pretty soon....  Cheesy

I get it. You don't wanna address the issue because you might have to admit something unpleasant. But hey, maybe you can go on about how he was probably paid money to tour with GN'R and that's fine because nobody said he wouldn't whore himself out!  Tongue

Its certainly easier when one is not bothered with things like steady activity or recent news.  Really frees up the time to rehash.

Empty words. They're words, but they mean very little. Unfortunately.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #370 on: February 18, 2015, 04:32:36 PM »

I get it. You don't wanna address the issue because you might have to admit something unpleasant. But hey, maybe you can go on about how he was probably paid money to tour with GN'R and that's fine because nobody said he wouldn't whore himself out!  Tongue

/jarmo

Wait a sec, how is carrying water in a bottomless bucket fun for a while?  Huh

Re: Izzy, why is it a given that because he's played with the lineup a few times that automatically negates his prior comments?  It could be that he still feels it's not Guns n Roses, but otherwise wanted to play with Axl again (or tour, or get some cash), right? 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #371 on: February 18, 2015, 04:35:31 PM »

Yeah, I was going to hop on that too.

But, since it wasn't as labored a metaphor as the analogy he was trying to make with Axl's commercial and Izzy, I let it slide.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #372 on: February 18, 2015, 04:38:48 PM »

Not sure what your trying to get at?  Because Axl was in a Bud commercial for a second, you call that a loss of integrity?  Axl does one little thing, and he now has no integrity?  Axl has done other things as well.  However, comparing Axl to Slash in terms of integrity???  C'mon

Not speaking for him, but this all started out as a joke. 

Fortus was so over the top about how Axl is all about art and does nothing for money....this, despite him being in that Bud commercial not even a year prior.

It was just having a laugh.

Or course, since then, backs got up and wagons were circled and now we are in a death match over a bunch of unrelated tangets.  All because GOD FORBID we have a laugh around here.  This is all SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Exactly. The advert was trivial anyway. Axl looked a bit silly. I think everyone sees it for what it is, a quick cash fix. I laughed at the time. I still laugh at it today. If it offers Jarmo any, emotional support, I will say that it pales in comparison to appearing at the Superbowl with Fegie in a glittery top-hat. If that is what he wants from me, I am willing to concede that?

So you think Axl did that commercial for money?  Who knows, maybe he did.  However, its hard for me to believe Axl appeared for a second in a commercial for what would be a very small amount of money.  I have to disagree with the "quick cash fix" comment.  Maybe he did it for a friend?  Maybe he did it because he thought it was goofy, but yet funny and very random (maybe he got a kick out of it)?  Maybe he did it as a favor?  Maybe he didn't even get paid.    

I honestly would believe any other reason than to get some quick cash. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 04:40:54 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #373 on: February 18, 2015, 04:41:25 PM »

You want paper Pilferk? Well I would suggest you look no further than Classic Rock magazine. It is, if not anti-Axl, certainly pro-Slash. It ran an interview with Izzy in which Izzy said that Axl's band was ''certainly not Guns N' Roses''.

And what other artist is out there is lauding what Axl is has done?

Because we have all heard Alice Cooper, Vince Neil, Ozzy Osbourne, Joe Perry, among others, weigh in.  Running the gamut from "its a shame what happened" to "this whole thing is a fucking sham".

That's a good point.  These guys don't have any skin in the game, and would be included as people in the music business.  Why are their opinions of little value?

A) competition
B) personal relationship with a former member (slash)
C) negative experiences with gnr, in the past.

Why do you guys care so much about what i find to be interesting additions to my reading list?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #374 on: February 18, 2015, 04:43:12 PM »

/jarmo

Re: Izzy, why is it a given that because he's played with the lineup a few times that automatically negates his prior comments?  It could be that he still feels it's not Guns n Roses, but otherwise wanted to play with Axl again (or tour, or get some cash), right? 

If you felt strongly, and still played under that banner...i'd say that makes you somethng of a hypocrit.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mortismurphy
« Reply #375 on: February 18, 2015, 05:18:54 PM »

Why would you need to quote something from ten years ago when the guy has toured with the band multiple times since?
Unless you're only after to stir shit up. Again.

I was never actually going to quote it. I am just curious if you would allow it to stand, since Stradlin vehemently abuses Axl on a deeply personal level.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #376 on: February 18, 2015, 05:29:53 PM »

It's not. It was sarcasm.

The poster it was aimed at got hung up on the joke and didn't bother responding to the rest. Surprise surprise.

Of course. But if he felt really strongly about it, he could've said "no". I don't think it's an issue to be honest.

I am just curious if you would allow it to stand, since Stradlin vehemently abuses Axl on a deeply personal level.

Not interested in what he thought over ten years ago, before he went on tour with Axl and GN'R. Sorry.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #377 on: February 18, 2015, 05:32:33 PM »

Not interested in what he thought over ten years ago, before he went on tour with Axl and GN'R. Sorry.

Nor me really: old news. I am just curious if, if somebody did want to discuss it, you would let it stand - say, if it was in Dead Horse.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #378 on: February 18, 2015, 05:37:19 PM »

The only reason you'd bring it up is to stir shit up.
Like I said, I've tried to be nice, but that seems to be your "goal". If not, I apologize but that's sure as hell what it looks like.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #379 on: February 18, 2015, 05:38:57 PM »

If you felt strongly, and still played under that banner...i'd say that makes you somethng of a hypocrit.

But couldn't it also be that you two patched it up?

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: