Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:49:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday  (Read 79431 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2015, 05:02:54 PM »

Trying to force Axl into doing stuff. Yeah, that's a recipe for instant success.  Roll Eyes

Not an answer.

The answer is right there! Do you want me to spell it out again?

As for thinking something happened, I don't know I think that, personally.  I find it more likely DJ just threw out his usual bit of unverifiable sunshine that never pans out.  I remember even at the time people were rolling their eyes and saying the next thing DJ claimed that panned out would be news.

If anything Richard is more willing to be honest with us and not just throw out a best case scenario he has no idea will even pan out, as DJ seems to do rather often.

I still stand by what I said earlier, I don't think anybody lied or mislead anyone.

Its not that we discount the integrity bit of all this.  But we do sort of roll our eyes when you claim it like its diplomatic immunity or some shit.  And once you invoke it, we should just stop talking.  World doesn't work that way.

So instead of giving Axl credit for doing things his way, even if it angers yourself, you're more inclined to focus on the fact that you think Richard only says nice things because he's paid to.
That's a spin if I ever saw one.

Has any of you actually had anything nice to say about Axl in this thread? Like, "Richard's right". Maybe there was. But then it just gets buried in all the negativity that some of you have such a natural way of swaying towards...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2015, 05:10:08 PM »

The answer is right there! Do you want me to spell it out again?

Except...not.  But I realize its a touchy question, so we'll move on.

I still stand by what I said earlier, I don't think anybody lied or mislead anyone.

But DJ doesn't have the best history with this stuff.  Claiming they worked on stuff, when they haven't.  Claiming they mix up the show each night, when they don't.

And so forth.

So instead of giving Axl credit for doing things his way, even if it angers yourself, you're more inclined to focus on the fact that you think Richard only says nice things because he's paid to.
That's a spin if I ever saw one.

No one has said this.  You are mixing and matching separate conversation to set up a straw man to rail against.  Again.

Not interested.

Has any of you actually had anything nice to say about Axl in this thread? Like, "Richard's right". Maybe there was. But then it just gets buried in all the negativity that some of you have such a natural way of swaying towards...

That's why you're here, chief.  That's your end. 

We shouldn't have to do everything around here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2015, 05:13:27 PM »

This integrity thing is BS. You want to try integrity  and work ethic try Mike Bloomberg. The guy built his own company from scratch. He did it his way. He was mayor of NYC and has donated money for charity. He is now back running the company again.

I'm usually at work by 7am even though I start at 8am.  I now see Mike in the elevator at 7am. The guy is a billionaire and doesn't have to be at work at that time. Yet, he is there even though he owns the company.  Talk about work ethic and integrity. I wish Axl had that same mentality.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2015, 05:19:40 PM »

Except...not.  But I realize its a touchy question, so we'll move on.

Which part don't you understand? You think it's a good idea to try to force Axl to do something, I pointed out that doing that isn't exactly a recipe for success.

But DJ doesn't have the best history with this stuff.  Claiming they worked on stuff, when they haven't.  Claiming they mix up the show each night, when they don't.

And so forth.

That's you wanting to find reasons to think that.
Even Richard said he had worked with Dj.
Yeah, he's right. They don't have a setlist they strictly follow. For certain shows, there'd be a setlist idea because of time constraints. Like "these songs will be about 90 minutes".
But other than that, they played what they wanted to play.

No one has said this.  You are mixing and matching separate conversation to set up a straw man to rail against.  Again.

Then I apologize.
Just prove me wrong and say something nice!

Why do we always have to try to kick your ass to do so?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2015, 05:37:58 PM »

Which part don't you understand? You think it's a good idea to try to force Axl to do something, I pointed out that doing that isn't exactly a recipe for success.

Glossing right over the fact that when I say stuff like this, you get all hot and bothered.  (Difficult?  How is he difficult?  Where is that coming from?, etc)

The original questions was not towards Axl, it was towards YOU.  Do YOU think its possible he could have integrity in spades, but still need a kick in the ass form time to time.  Do YOU think that is an impossible premise?

That's what has gone unanswered now.  Twice.

And so forth.

That's you wanting to find reasons to think that.

He says they switch up the show to keep it fresh for people coming multiple nights.  They don't.  There aren't too many other ways to take that.

I'd give the link to setlist.fm, but the last time I brought that up, you accused me of undermining your site or some such.

But, regardless, the proof is right there.  Thus, can't take everything DJ says at face value.  All the more so if its so easily (and publically) disproven.

Why do we always have to try to kick your ass to do so?

I'm not as willing to make chicken salad out of chicken shit as some, I suppose.

When something good happens, I applaud it.  But I don't applaud something, just because it happened.

There's not a lot of good news in this here interview.  Its not a nightmare, by any stretch, but its not all that encouraging.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2015, 05:39:14 PM »

Why would DJ lie about possible touring? It's not as though this band has not toured a lot over the last 5 years. I'm sure plans were in the mix but got changed. Perhaps Bumble wanting to concentrate on his solo stuff for example?

The only slight down side is he sounded more positive in his last interview.

We can only be detectives and the evidence does give an indication of some studio activity. But who knows what barriers could be in the way. Label pressures, chief execs not having faith in the material, business leeches pushing the reunion agenda...and the only member of the band who deals with this shit is Axl.

Look at the debarcle of the release of Chinese...you think that will have left a harmonious working relationship.

We wait and hope.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:42:32 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2015, 05:40:10 PM »

This integrity thing is BS. You want to try integrity  and work ethic try Mike Bloomberg. The guy built his own company from scratch. He did it his way. He was mayor of NYC and has donated money for charity. He is now back running the company again.

I'm usually at work by 7am even though I start at 8am.  I now see Mike in the elevator at 7am. The guy is a billionaire and doesn't have to be at work at that time. Yet, he is there even though he owns the company.  Talk about work ethic and integrity. I wish Axl had that same mentality.

Now I get up around whenever.  I used to get up on time.

Damn, we had the answer all along!
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2015, 05:44:02 PM »

Why would DJ lie about possible touring? It's not as though this band has not toured a lot over the last 5 years. I'm sure plans were in the mix but got changed. Perhaps Bumble wanting to concentrate on his solo stuff for example?

The only slight down side is he sounded more positive in his last interview.

We can only be detectives and the evidence does give an indication of some studio activity. But who knows what barriers could be in the way. Label pressures, chief execs not having faith in the material, business leeches pushing the reunion agenda...and the only member of the band who deals with this shit is Axl.

We wait and hope.

But don't you think if Ron is to blame, the band would waste all of about 2 seconds pinning him as the fall guy?  Ron certainly hasn't done himself any favors.  Actually, a statement that "we just lost our co-lead guitarist and thus our touring plans are somewhat up in the air as we figure out a way forward" sounds reasonable.

So far, we got "something happened" and don't force Axl to do anything he doesn't want to do.   
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2015, 05:45:53 PM »

But don't you think if Ron is to blame, the band would waste all of about 2 seconds pinning him as the fall guy?  Ron certainly hasn't done himself any favors.  Actually, a statement that "we just lost our co-lead guitarist and thus our touring plans are somewhat up in the air as we figure out a way forward" sounds reasonable.

Yep.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2015, 05:47:06 PM »

Glossing right over the fact that when I say stuff like this, you get all hot and bothered.  (Difficult?  How is he difficult?  Where is that coming from?, etc)

The original questions was not towards Axl, it was towards YOU.  Do YOU think its possible he could have integrity in spades, but still need a kick in the ass form time to time.  Do YOU think that is an impossible premise?

That's what has gone unanswered now.  Twice.

Why do you think you have any emotional  effect on me? Man, you're in for a let down the day you realize the truth.

No, I don't think trying to force Axl into doing something he doesn't believe in is the way to go. Got it now? I thought it was obvious what I meant.

He says they switch up the show to keep it fresh for people coming multiple nights.  They don't.  There aren't too many other ways to take that.

That's not what you said. You had to go look for something else now.  hihi
And they do switch it up. Prostitute, There Was A Time and so on... Smiley

I'd give the link to setlist.fm, but the last time I brought that up, you accused me of undermining your site or some such.

Yeah, in case you missed it, those same setlists are available on this site, posted by someone who might've been at the shows...

I'm not as willing to make chicken salad out of chicken shit as some, I suppose.

When something good happens, I applaud it.  But I don't applaud something, just because it happened.

There's not a lot of good news in this here interview.  Its not a nightmare, by any stretch, but its not all that encouraging.

It's not about good news.

Really? You can't give credit for Axl having musical integrity because in your mind it's wrong, since it means he won't release albums according to your liking?
It's too much to ask?

But on the other hand, the opposite is easy. Richard is nice because he's paid. Funny shit.

Maybe it'd do you good to occasionally stop the "free thinking" and think about what you got.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:50:14 PM by jarmo » Logged

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2015, 05:51:39 PM »

There is no 'canceled tour' announcement needed as nothing was officially announced.

Personally I think the Vegas residency was a good send off to the Chinese promotion. Axl sending out signed discs to people who helped promote the thing via a tour also seems like a full stop to a chapter to me. But that is pure guess work.

Tommy might have wanted to focus on replacements, DJ sixx am, Richard Dead Dasies..and Axl on reflection decided let's take stock and regroup with a new product to tour!

Or not...but we will see.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:58:09 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »

I thought it was obvious what I meant.

It was.  Shame it was never applicable any of the three times you tried to run it up the flagpole.

But, three strikes and you're out.  I'm through begging for you to step up and grow a pair on this one.

Moving on...

That's not what you said. You had to go look for something else now.

Really?  Because this was the original post :

Claiming they mix up the show each night, when they don't.

What is that...in code?

Let me give you code key.  Its English.  "A" corresponds to "a", "b" corresponds to "b", and so forth.

Its definitely one your beginner codes.

Really? You can't give credit for Axl having musical integrity because in your mind it's wrong, since it means he won't release albums according to your liking?
It's too much to ask?

Axl's musical integrity is not a topic I find all that compelling.  Certainly not the level of some of the peeps here.

But, yes, I think some of his more...vocal supporters, use it as a crutch.  And then make with the phony outrage (like you are doing right now) in hopes of shutting the conversation down.

But, if it makes you feel better, I'm pro-integrity.  I'm also pro-activity.  I think you can be both.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »

^^ I'm guessing it was in reference to a lot of the "Do you think Axl is going to retire?" and "We will not be getting any new music ever" stuff some fans say.

So glad to see you back Rudy Smiley

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2015, 06:01:24 PM »

It isnt Bullshit at all, it may not fit the preconceived picture you have painted in your little head, but it is far from bullshit.

"Shut the fuck up."
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2015, 06:03:35 PM »

It seems every time there is a hiatus people panic. Probably due to the early naughties when years would pass but it's been very active recently. You all seem to forget the cool stuff.
- 3d films -residences -duff playing full gigs including chinese songs -special guests at tours -songs been brought back -Axl winning awards -Axl on TV shows & commercials

A lot of this was only last year!

What I would call the big 3 released albums in 2008- metallica, AC/DC and GN'R.
AC/DC have only just got something out, Metallica are working on it..
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:07:32 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2015, 06:05:43 PM »

Yawn

Might as well have stopped there.

I did.

Stupendous, now explain how important you are again, as well as your super-fantastic amateur ideas on marketing, managing, producing, distribution etc. Ad nauseum.

Then tell us how you know so very much about someone because you buy and pirate their music. hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2015, 06:07:58 PM »

It seems every time there is a hiatus people panic. Probably due to the early naughties when years would pass but it's been very active recently.

It has.  

And I think just about all of us expected something of a down year on the activity front.  In hopes of a payoff in the near future.

We wouldn't have even expected touring in 2015, were it not for DJ's claim.  That we are now supposed to ignore, apparently.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2015, 06:08:35 PM »

Stupendous, now explain how important you are again, as well as your super-fantastic amateur ideas on marketing, managing, producing, distribution etc. Ad nauseum.

Then tell us how you know so very much about someone because you buy and pirate their music. hihi

In a PM just to you, or, share it with the class?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2015, 06:14:26 PM »

It was.  Shame it was never applicable any of the three times you tried to run it up the flagpole.

But, three strikes and you're out.  I'm through begging for you to step up and grow a pair on this one.

Moving on...

I don't know how to explain it to you. I thought it was obvious that my answer to your question is "No" followed by the reason why I think that.
This seems to be too much for you to comprehend.

Really?  Because this was the original post :

Claiming they mix up the show each night, when they don't.

My mistake, sorry.
I'll disregard your stupid nonsense if that's ok with you.

Anyway, they do mix it up. Not to your liking, so it'd look better on Setlist.fm for you to ogle at. But they do.  Smiley

Axl's musical integrity is not a topic I find all that compelling.  Certainly not the level of some of the peeps here.

Are you afraid somebody will make fun of you if you say something nice about Axl once?

It seems every time there is a hiatus people panic. Probably due to the early naughties when years would pass but it's been very active recently. You all seem to forget the cool stuff.
- 3d films -residences -duff playing full gigs including chinese songs -special guests at tours -songs been brought back -Axl winning awards -Axl on TV shows & commercials

A lot of this was only last year!

Yeah, and some act like the world ended.  Lots of this crying

We wouldn't have even expected touring in 2015, were it not for DJ's claim.  That we are now supposed to ignore, apparently.

No, you're free to think freely and wait for the tour.
I mean, maybe you'll find somebody to go with this time instead of having to rely on Youtube and Setlist.fm for your concert experiences. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:16:53 PM by jarmo » Logged

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2015, 06:15:14 PM »

In a PM just to you, or, share it with the class?

I'm quite sure your look-at-me-ism would necessitate posting it for everyone.

I'm not a fan of your fantasy, negativity, bullshit, and incessant whining  so don't send me anything.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:20:20 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: