Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:50:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday  (Read 79434 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2015, 01:32:02 PM »

"I don't think there's gonna be any touring soon. We have been working on material. And that sort of starts and stops, but we're still plugging away at it."

I take this as a positive. The touring thing isn't bothering me much at this time. This is confirmation that they have been working on the material, which is good.

The "starts and stops" comment. It's hard to see what context he wants to put that in. It could apply to all the past years since the release of Chinese, or is he talking specifically about the situation since last summer?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2015, 01:34:09 PM »

I'm not in any of those camps.  I'm just a fan free to say what's what.  He's not going to kick me out of his band.  He's not going to stop paying for my plane tickets.  And I'm fairly certain he doesn't monitor the internet 24/7/365 to see if I've been bad or good, so I better be good for goodness sake.

Once again, you assume a lot.
The usual, anybody who says something positive has some kind of motives, often motivated by money.
You can't grasp the idea that these people have a better understanding of Axl than you'll ever have.

Just what are these 'hits' you are talking about - I am a hardcore Neil Young fan by the way? There is literally not one song in Neil Young's oeuvre which is, undroppable. Heart of Gold? undroppable. RITFW? undroppable?

Stuff that you'd hear on classic rock stations. And when I saw him, he played plenty of those. Great shows by the way.
But he didn't play an album in full.

I don't get what was so bad about the interview. He confirmed they've worked on new stuff, he confirmed the band hasn't broken up and gave an update on the near future. Now you know!

The "starts and stops" comment. It's hard to see what context he wants to put that in. It could apply to all the past years since the release of Chinese, or is he talking specifically about the situation since last summer?

Could mean both.
Axl hasn't necessarily lived in the studio every day since the last show, but he also hasn't been idle.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:36:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2015, 01:34:17 PM »

Fair point.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2015, 01:36:48 PM »

Once again, you assume a lot.
The usual, anybody who says something positive has some kind of motives, often motivated by money.

Money or favor, yeah.  That perspective will change when someone with something to lose ventures out of lockstep.

I am not holding my breath.

You can't grasp the idea that these people have a better understanding of Axl than you'll ever have.

We've been over this countless times.

There may be people you can big time into silence with dippy shit like this.  I ain't one of 'em.

You know him and I don't, and I'm real, real impressed by that.  Doesn't mean I shouldn't speak my mind, even if it irks his water carriers.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2015, 01:41:50 PM »

Money or favor, yeah.  That perspective will change when someone with something to lose ventures out of lockstep.

Funny how you don't think this works the other way. Then you just laugh at it.
Ironic.

Doesn't mean I shouldn't speak my mind

Doesn't mean I shouldn't call you clueless when you do. Smiley

I know it's hard for you to believe that Axl necessarily isn't the person you think he is. And it's ok! No shame in admitting that. Nobody's gonna make fun of you.
Just because you listen to the albums, burn copies to your friends and skip through interviews, doesn't mean you have great idea.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:45:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2015, 01:44:09 PM »

Do what you feel.  I'm not too worried about it.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2015, 01:57:28 PM »

"I don't think there's gonna be any touring soon. We have been working on material. And that sort of starts and stops, but we're still plugging away at it."

I take this as a positive. The touring thing isn't bothering me much at this time. This is confirmation that they have been working on the material, which is good.

It's the "we're still plugging away at it" comment that makes it sound like the new album is an annoying term paper that you don't want to write.  You don't get the feeling that this is anyone's number 1 priority.  It's hard to reconcile that with the fact (per Axl) that the new album is "already recorded"...unless that plan fact has changed too.   
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2015, 02:01:25 PM »

And again, you are 100% wrong. Not surprising.

I'm not 100% wrong as I am telling you something you 100% don't want to hear.

If you want to try and sell me "integrity" as a reason for no reunion, I'll buy it.

One album in the past 20 plus years, and still no real idea if there is a next one?  Not integrity.  Inactivity.  The rest is just spin.

Yawn, you dont have the slightest idea what you are running your mouth about.

As usual, no surprises there.

It's actually amusing how much you don't know, and how seriously you take yourself. hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2015, 02:04:31 PM »

It's the "we're still plugging away at it" comment that makes it sound like the new album is an annoying term paper that you don't want to write.  You don't get the feeling that this is anyone's number 1 priority.  It's hard to reconcile that with the fact (per Axl) that the new album is "already recorded"...unless that plan fact has changed too.   

Already recorded does not necessarily mean edited, mixed, mastered or in any way ready for public consumption.

This isn't a hard fact to grasp. Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2015, 02:06:46 PM »

You have the Chinese stuff, which I assume is done and has been for some time.

Then you have new material, which I suspect is what Richard is referring to.

Question is, what's going on the next release. Richard says they've been working on 'material', he doesn't say they're working on 'the next album'. It could be understood in a way that they are preparing material for the album after the next.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2015, 02:09:55 PM »

Yawn

Might as well have stopped there.

I did.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2015, 02:12:31 PM »

look at it this way, we could be fans of Van Halen right now. Maybe Axl is hanging with Diamond Dave in Japan!  hihi

When Rolling Stone asks Van Halen after the show about the band's current plans,  the guitarist is ambivalent, noting that the group has no immediate plans to record or tour. "I?d love to make a studio record," he says. "Depends on everybody?s timing. I don?t know what Dave [Lee Roth] is up to now. I don?t know if he?s living in New York or Japan or wherever he is."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/live-reviews/eddie-van-halen-shares-life-story-van-halen-update-at-smithsonian-20150213#ixzz3Rw7hW4NV
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2015, 02:12:43 PM »

Question is, what's going on the next release. Richard says they've been working on 'material', he doesn't say they're working on 'the next album'. It could be understood in a way that they are preparing material for the album after the next.

Wouldn't that seem a little off to you though?  

As it is, we hope the new album comes out this year, which is only a mere 7 years since the last one.

The one after that?  When the hell would that be?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2015, 02:14:52 PM »

Wouldn't that seem a little off to you though?  

As it is, we hope the new album comes out this year, which is only a mere 7 years since the last one.

The one after that?  When the hell would that be?

What I mean is. The guys are doing recording on 'their' new material atm, while Axl and Caram could be sitting in the studio, mixing the Chinese stuff going on the next album as we speak.

Sweetness is a virtue
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2015, 02:20:25 PM »

Well this is a little something to talk about. Glad to hear that they are in the studio and there are no touring plans. Very interesting how Richard cut some of the unhappy fans a little slack and even questioned if GNR is going about things the right way (whether or not it was "justified"). Glad to see that he understands where everyone is coming from. At the same time, he let us know that this is the way it's going to be. It was a pretty no nonsense interview. I do feel a little frustrated/disheartened about the lack of an update on the release of the next album, but I'm not sure why I was expecting one. Glad to hear that he still sounds pretty excited about working with Axl.

What he said about Axl waiting or not being able to come on stage until everyone starts getting fed up and there's that feeling of chaos in the air... It reminds me of something Mortis Murphey said about how Led Zeppelin would wait to tour until a lot of suspense was built up. Maybe that's part of Axl's approach to releasing music too. I'm not saying he has a master plan or anything, but that could be part of his approach. Or it could just be the way things play out.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Princess Leia
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »

But he is not making any music.

Is that your opinion or are you stating it as a fact?

So you were wrong about the integrity part. Glad we agree on that!

Richard said it starst and stops. We know there is stuff in The Vault. So what? That is something that has been done more than 10 years ago. Now if there is some legal issue with those songs that?s another story. Then we?re talking about a problem that needs to be solved. But at this point there is no indication of such a thing.

How can it be done for ten years if Axl recorded stuff last year (according to Richard's Q&A in Australia last year)?

You tell yourself what you want to hear.  It works for you.  Good on ya.

It doesn't meant he rest of us need to switch off our critical thinking and join in the delusion.

Your critical thinking is what anybody with a keyboard and minimal amount thinking can accomplish.
Doesn't exactly require a lot of actual thinking.

/jarmo

The integrity is bullshit for many reasons. If as Richard says things are about music and art only then why Axl is using the GN?R name? That alone shows there is no integrity. Nor things are about art for the sake of art.

Now about music and art. If Axl is so concerned about his music integrity then he must create his own label and stay away from Universal or Sony or Warner. Why hasn?t he done that? He has made deals with Dr. Pepper and Best Buy. So much for integrity!!!

The music is old. Those songs and probably more have been in The Vault for over a decade. Axl said in 2001 they were recording 2 more albums besides CD. It is posible that they have been doing new takes  with some chages on what was previously recorded. But we are not talking about new songs. I really don?t think there is any BBF song they have been working on it.

If Axl wants to turn into another Brian Wilson then fine! But that?s not integrity, it is stupidity.

We know for sure there won?t be any tour. It is the right thing to do because otherwise it doesn?t make any sense to keep touring with AFD and UYI songs. And most likely it won?t be any album either.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2015, 02:27:18 PM »

Now about music and art. If Axl is so concerned about his music integrity then he must create his own label and stay away from Universal or Sony or Warner. Why hasn?t he done that? He has made deals with Dr. Pepper and Best Buy. So much for integrity!!!

He continued with Guns N' Roses. It's not like he can pack his things and be on his way out the door at their label. They're under contract.

What deal did he make with Dr. Pepper? None.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2015, 02:28:03 PM »

The integrity is bullshit for many reasons. If as Richard says things are about music and art only then why Axl is using the GN´R name? That alone shows there is no integrity. Nor things are about art for the sake of art.

Because he was the one who was there since day one!
Get over the name.

Now about music and art. If Axl is so concerned about his music integrity then he must create his own label and stay away from Universal or Sony or Warner. Why hasn´t he done that? He has made deals with Dr. Pepper and Best Buy. So much for integrity!!!

Why is this an issue? I don't get it.
Just because you're independent doesn't automatically mean you have more integrity.

The music is old. Those songs and probably more have been in The Vault for over a decade. Axl said in 2001 they were recording 2 more albums besides CD. It is posible that they have been doing new takes  with some chages on what was previously recorded. But we are not talking about new songs. I really don´t think there is any BBF song they have been working on it.

The Vault? Cheesy Sounds like a magical place.

The music is old? Did you hear it? You didn't? So it'll be new to you once you hear it then. I mean, assuming you want to hear it.

I know you personally have zero interest in it and it's puzzling why you keep coming here talking about something you have no interest in. You should just go back to wherever you came from and listen to those old albums. Stop wasting everybody's time already.  ok

Arguing on a fan site about a band you don't care about. WTF...

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2015, 02:34:22 PM »

You?re the one wasting your time with me Darling. So you must care a lot about what I say.   love

But don?t worry. It?s over. We are all packing out bags sooner or later
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2015, 02:37:23 PM »

Ultimately more of the same around here. Can't wait to see what this primordial soup of suspense, frustration, and extreme points of view turns into someday if Axl decides to give us more music.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: