Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday  (Read 79466 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2015, 12:04:07 PM »

It's almost like some of you were expecting a release date and song titles to be announced in this interview.
He answered the questions he was asked.  Pretty simple. That's usually what an interview is about...

He pretty much confirmed what most GN'R fans already know. Axl is Axl. Some of you have a somewhat difficult time living with this fact, and are hoping he'll change to be more like the idea of Axl that you think is optimal, but only lives inside your head...  Smiley

He might be a modern day Da Vinci. Not much use to us if he does not release any of this 'art' though. We can only perceive Axl through, what he releases to us - not by his hidden vaults.

Heck, I could proclaim that I have ten albums, all masterpieces, in my cupboard but nobody is going to believe me until I start releasing them!

You can. But in Axl's case we have a track record (hello!) of things he has released and I'd rather hear his music than wait for yours. Smiley

/jarmo

I think we already know the title of the songs. But Richard was the one saying Axl have recorded vocals. Next time he better clarify that recording volcals is just a hobby for Axl so we can avoid another misunderstanding. Just like he said something that starts and stops.

But you?re. I also rather hear the old albums. The Axl that was, the band that was. Nothing can take that away from us.  Smiley
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2015, 12:08:02 PM »

There is no 'art' if you do not create art though!

You have absolutely no way of knowing what has been created.

Nor you.

No one knows anything about the magical mystery vault.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2015, 12:10:47 PM »

It's almost like some of you were expecting a release date and song titles to be announced in this interview.

This fanbase is so beaten down, we turn the slightest anything into great news.  We threw a party when YCBM was the opener one night.

Richard didn't really give us anything new.  In fact, he sort of tamped down some of the positivity we had going.  Hence the reaction.

You can. But in Axl's case we have a track record (hello!) of things he has released and I'd rather hear his music than wait for yours.

That's probably even money right now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2015, 12:12:13 PM »

You have to go back a very very long time, to 1986-1994, to find an Axl releasing something on any sort of consistent basis. Since then, one album in 22 years. It is a blot on Axl's artistic integrity.

Nah, it can always be spun as him not feeling it ready.

What its a blot on, is Axl as a viable artist.  He might as well put the rights to the name on E-bay.  Give someone else a crack at trying to match his breakneck pace.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2015, 12:12:42 PM »

I think we already know the title of the songs. But Richard was the one saying Axl have recorded vocals. Next time he better clarify that recording volcals is just a hobby for Axl so we can avoid another misunderstanding. Just like he said something that starts and stops.

There's no way to avoid misunderstandings with certain people. Haven't you noticed?

But you´re. I also rather hear the old albums. The Axl that was, the band that was. Nothing can take that away from us.  Smiley

Yeah, you should definitely go listen to the old albums and stop wasting everybody's time with your smiley only posts that add zero to any discussion. Smiley

Richard didn't really give us anything new.  In fact, he sort of tamped down some of the positivity we had going.  Hence the reaction.

Because he said there's no touring planned at this particular moment? I thought you'd be happy about that.....  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2015, 12:13:48 PM »

Doesn't matter. He didn't release it until he thought it was ready. That's integrity!
You don't like or agree with it? That's fine. But don't question it. 

That's one spin.

Another is that he was (and is?) crippled by self doubt and the only reason we even got what we got was because his hand was forced.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2015, 12:15:25 PM »

Yes yes, you've already proven to be the person who really knows everything....

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2015, 12:15:51 PM »

What is this "integrity"? My opinion it's an excuse. You can have integrity and still release music.  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »

Because he said there's no touring planned at this particular moment? I thought you'd be happy about that.....  Tongue

I'd absolutely trade work on a new album for another 'Still Have An Appetite For Some More Democracy Tour : Some Trickery' tour, yes.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2015, 12:16:27 PM »

Yes yes, you've already proven to be the person who really knows everything....

Everybody has a spin, brah.  Way of the world.

Princess Leia
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2015, 12:16:43 PM »

You have to go back a very very long time, to 1986-1994, to find an Axl releasing something on any sort of consistent basis. Since then, one album in 22 years. It is a blot on Axl's artistic integrity.

Doesn't matter. He didn't release it until he thought it was ready. That's integrity!
You don't like or agree with it? That's fine. But don't question it.  ok

It just makes it seem like you have a hard time giving him any credit for anything. You'll just turn it into something negative.
Richard gave Axl credit for having integrity and here you are talking about the time instead of what was said.

/jarmo

I?m afraid not. The integrity that Richard mentioned is related to a reunion not about new music with the new band. And Axl is not doing a reunion not because of integrity but because he knows he can?t get away with things like he did in the past. the old guys won?t let him this time around. Of course Axl won?t say that to Richard or DJ. So he is bullshiting them about integrity.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2015, 12:16:57 PM »

What is this "integrity"? My opinion it's an excuse. You can have integrity and still release music.  

Of course its an excuse.

Its a desperate attempt to church up the inactivity.  

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2015, 12:18:58 PM »

Maybe Axl should lay off the integrity if it'll help him release some music. Not a lot, just sacrifice like, I don't know, 7%?
93% Integrity is still really good.

Why should he do that? To appease some people that don't appreciate him?

I think not.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2015, 12:20:57 PM »

He releases music on his terms, if you can't appreciate that there are plenty of bands that this certainly doesnt apply to, so you might be happier glomming onto them.

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2015, 12:21:27 PM »

It's a reason for GN'R not doing what you think when you think they should.
You call it an excuse. Because you think it's a negative thing.

I'd absolutely trade work on a new album for another 'Still Have An Appetite For Some More Democracy Tour : Some Trickery' tour, yes.

There you go. Time for a happy dance?  hihi

I?m afraid not. The integrity that Richard mentioned is related to a reunion not about new music with the new band.

No it isn't! Did you even listen to it?

I've never met anybody that has so much genuine musical integrity. He won't whore himself out, he won't do anything for business or money; it's just about the music. And he won't defend himself in the press, because he doesn't think it matters; it's just about the music ? that's all he cares about. I've worked with a lot of people in this business, and I've never seen, or met, anybody that was motivated purely by that ? by the desire to make art. And you can say whatever you want about it, 'cause he's not gonna defend himself, but he is that, and that's for sure. Otherwise, there would have been a reunion [of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup], because the offers for money have been outrageous. But he would never do a reunion unless it was for something besides money."

He brings up the reunion at the end as an example of making a lot of money.

Also: But, man, you know, he's the real deal. He is the real deal. And he lives it, and, like I said, all he cares about is the music.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:23:07 PM by jarmo » Logged

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2015, 12:21:46 PM »

Of course its an excuse.

Its a desperate attempt to church up the inactivity.  

And again, you are 100% wrong. Not surprising.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »

There you go. Time for a happy dance?

If it pans out, yes.

Peace in the Middle East might pan out too.  I will celebrate that as well.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2015, 12:31:19 PM »

Of course they use the word excuse, because to them, it makes no sense to have musical integrity if it means the albums don't come out as soon as they want.

In essence, they don't like Axl being Axl.
Which is weird considering they are GN'R fans.

/jarmo

Princess Leia
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2015, 12:31:36 PM »

It's a reason for GN'R not doing what you think when you think they should.
You call it an excuse. Because you think it's a negative thing.

There you go. Time for a happy dance?  hihi

I?m afraid not. The integrity that Richard mentioned is related to a reunion not about new music with the new band.

No it isn't! Did you even listen to it?

I've never met anybody that has so much genuine musical integrity. He won't whore himself out, he won't do anything for business or money; it's just about the music. And he won't defend himself in the press, because he doesn't think it matters; it's just about the music ? that's all he cares about. I've worked with a lot of people in this business, and I've never seen, or met, anybody that was motivated purely by that ? by the desire to make art. And you can say whatever you want about it, 'cause he's not gonna defend himself, but he is that, and that's for sure. Otherwise, there would have been a reunion [of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup], because the offers for money have been outrageous. But he would never do a reunion unless it was for something besides money."

He brings up the reunion at the end as an example of making a lot of money.

Also: But, man, you know, he's the real deal. He is the real deal. And he lives it, and, like I said, all he cares about is the music.

/jarmo

But he is not making any music. Richard said it starst and stops. We know there is stuff in The Vault. So what? That is something that has been done more than 10 years ago. Now if there is some legal issue with those songs that?s another story. Then we?re talking about a problem that needs to be solved. But at this point there is no indication of such a thing.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2015, 12:32:04 PM »

And again, you are 100% wrong. Not surprising.

I'm not 100% wrong as I am telling you something you 100% don't want to hear.

If you want to try and sell me "integrity" as a reason for no reunion, I'll buy it.

One album in the past 20 plus years, and still no real idea if there is a next one?  Not integrity.  Inactivity.  The rest is just spin.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: