Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:48:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday  (Read 79428 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2015, 11:23:37 AM »

The thing that annoys me is the difference in what Richard says and dj says about touring this year ...

They didn't say it at the same time.
Nobody lied.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2015, 11:24:46 AM »

Although I am not sure I can see what he means by 'artistic integrity'. Granted, I accept the 'reunion' argument but clocking-in Vegas every year, with a fixed 'hits' set is not what I call 'artistic integrity'. It is like he is describing a completely different artist, Neil Young or Floyd or somebody, in that passage.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2015, 11:26:46 AM »

He probably means somebody who puts his art first. Even if it means you'll have to spend years on a message board complaining about there not being a new album out. Wink

The art comes first. That's integrity.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2015, 11:27:31 AM »

I agree. My question is what happened to W. Axl Rose? The guy was all over the place from 87-93. He was doing interviews and performances. 94-present not much. Did the breakup of the original band take a lot out of him?? If so,  why not reform the original lineup and get things going?  If not then he needs to push forward with the new lineup. I said it once before on here. I have my doubts that new songs will come out while he's alive.  I really hate saying that, but nothing leads me to think that anything will be released.
mortismurphy
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2015, 11:27:41 AM »

There is no 'art' if you do not create art though!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2015, 11:28:33 AM »

They didn't say it at the same time.
Nobody lied.

But their statement are diametrically opposed.

Quite a gulf between "lost of touring" and "no touring".

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2015, 11:29:25 AM »

I agree. My question is what happened to W. Axl Rose? The guy was all over the place from 87-93. He was doing interviews and performances. 94-present not much. Did the breakup of the original band take a lot out of him?? If so,  why not reform the original lineup and get things going?  If not then he needs to push forward with the new lineup. I said it once before on here. I have my doubts that new songs will come out while he's alive.  I really hate saying that, but nothing leads me to think that anything will be released.

You get rid of everyone with a dissenting opinion, you wind up not having to do anything you don't want to do.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2015, 11:29:36 AM »

The thing that annoys me is the difference in what Richard says and dj says about touring this year ...

One of them is a liar or just runs his mouth ...at the very least I'm hoping for some shows towards the fall ... Just to see who is actually on stage!

Richard cautioning that there seems to be no rush at the moment and that recording is in and off when last year at the Golden Gods he said hopefully it will come out this year ... That doesn't sound good.

But hey ... Emily is cool with it ! Haha

I can conceive of no scenario where she would find fault.

The discrepancy between Richard and DJ is a legit question, but I suspect many have stopped taking DJ seriously on that stuff for some time.

Maybe DJ has been told those things. We don?t know. But this is GN?R "we will tour" "we have recorded" could mean something today and could mean absolutely nothing tomorrow in the GN?R world.

Axl hImself has said thing "After Vegas we?re going to look very seriously in that regard" That and a whole bunch of things over the years.
mortismurphy
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2015, 11:32:56 AM »

It seems to suggest a complete absence of communication, of the constituent parts of Guns N' Roses.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2015, 11:34:45 AM »

no way! Cheesy

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2015, 11:35:51 AM »

Even in this interview, Richard mentions them creating art. So there you go.
If you look hard enough, you can even find song titles for these pieces of art.

But their statement are diametrically opposed.

Quite a gulf between "lost of touring" and "no touring".

And how is that unclear to you?

If Dj said that GN'R plans to tour in 2015 back in September 2014, how is what Richard said last week confusing you?

/jarmo

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2015, 11:37:37 AM »

That isnt what he said at all, did he once specify any song or certain songs?

If you will actually read the Revolver interview, it indicates some newer material.

He also said it was finished.  But we saw the circling of the wagons and furious attempts to downplay that too, didn't we?

Simply because some aspects of recording are finished does in no way indicate that all and every procedure is finished nor does it indicate that they have been turned in.

That was never said.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2015, 11:39:26 AM »

You have absolutely no way of knowing what has been created.

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2015, 11:39:46 AM »

Even in this interview, Richard mentions them creating art. So there you go.
If you look hard enough, you can even find song titles for these pieces of art.

He might be a modern day Da Vinci. Not much use to us if he does not release any of this 'art' though. We can only perceive Axl through, what he releases to us - not by his hidden vaults.

Heck, I could proclaim that I have ten albums, all masterpieces, in my cupboard but nobody is going to believe me until I start releasing them!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2015, 11:40:54 AM »

One of them is a liar or just runs his mouth ...at the very least I'm hoping for some shows towards the fall ... Just to see who is actually on stage!

Richard cautioning that there seems to be no rush at the moment and that recording is in and off when last year at the Golden Gods he said hopefully it will come out this year ... That doesn't sound good.

But hey ... Emily is cool with it ! Haha

I can conceive of no scenario where she would find fault.

The discrepancy between Richard and DJ is a legit question, but I suspect many have stopped taking DJ seriously on that stuff for some time.

Maybe DJ has been told those things. We don?t know. But this is GN?R "we will tour" "we have recorded" could mean something today and could mean absolutely nothing tomorrow in the GN?R world.

Axl hImself has said thing "After Vegas we?re going to look very seriously in that regard" That and a whole bunch of things over the years.

Absolutely nothing Richard said has contradicted anything said in the Revolver interview.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2015, 11:43:12 AM »

It seems to suggest a complete absence of communication, of the constituent parts of Guns N' Roses.

Nonsense, you are attempting to paint your own narrative again.

No idea why this interview is causing the haters and the idiots to do backflips.  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2015, 11:43:23 AM »

It's almost like some of you were expecting a release date and song titles to be announced in this interview.
He answered the questions he was asked.  Pretty simple. That's usually what an interview is about...

He pretty much confirmed what most GN'R fans already know. Axl is Axl. Some of you have a somewhat difficult time living with this fact, and are hoping he'll change to be more like the idea of Axl that you think is optimal, but only lives inside your head...  Smiley

He might be a modern day Da Vinci. Not much use to us if he does not release any of this 'art' though. We can only perceive Axl through, what he releases to us - not by his hidden vaults.

Heck, I could proclaim that I have ten albums, all masterpieces, in my cupboard but nobody is going to believe me until I start releasing them!

You can. But in Axl's case we have a track record (hello!) of things he has released and I'd rather hear his music than wait for yours. Smiley

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2015, 11:46:48 AM »

It's almost like some of you were expecting a release date and song titles to be announced in this interview.
He answered the questions he was asked.  Pretty simple. That's usually what an interview is about...

He pretty much confirmed what most GN'R fans already know. Axl is Axl. Some of you have a somewhat difficult time living with this fact, and are hoping he'll change to be more like the idea of Axl that you think is optimal, but only lives inside your head...  Smiley

You can. But in Axl's case we have a track record (hello!) of things he has released and I'd rather hear his music than wait for yours. Smiley

/jarmo

You have to go back a very very long time, to 1986-1994, to find an Axl releasing something on any sort of consistent basis. Since then, one album in 22 years. It is a blot on Axl's artistic integrity.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2015, 11:50:14 AM »

You have to go back a very very long time, to 1986-1994, to find an Axl releasing something on any sort of consistent basis. Since then, one album in 22 years. It is a blot on Axl's artistic integrity.

Doesn't matter. He didn't release it until he thought it was ready. That's integrity!
You don't like or agree with it? That's fine. But don't question it.  ok

It just makes it seem like you have a hard time giving him any credit for anything. You'll just turn it into something negative.
Richard gave Axl credit for having integrity and here you are talking about the time instead of what was said.

/jarmo

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2015, 11:59:19 AM »

Maybe Axl should lay off the integrity if it'll help him release some music. Not a lot, just sacrifice like, I don't know, 7%?
93% Integrity is still really good.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: