Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:47:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday  (Read 79426 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2015, 10:28:42 AM »

Good interview, very interesting on several fronts.

Those that want to see the worst and paint every situation dark and dire will obviously continue to do so.

I'm grateful not to be so pessimistic, I saw a lot of positive in this interview.

Can you expand on that?

What, in particular, was the silver lining, as you see it?

I thought it was a very informative interview, the current album is still being worked on.
See here:
"I don't think there's gonna be any touring soon. We have been working on material. And that sort of starts and stops, but we're still plugging away at it."

He also had very nice things to say about Axl Smiley

What was so dire about it?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2015, 10:29:35 AM »

Reread this
"I don't think there's gonna be any touring soon. We have been working on material. And that sort of starts and stops, but we're still plugging away at it."

But what makes this different from the 147 times we've heard this over the past however many years?  Is this really new?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2015, 10:32:37 AM »

The combination of nothing new and the restating of the same old stuff about them still tinkering with material and Axl being just the best guy ever.

All stuff we've heard many, many, many times now.

Its not so much that its dire, its just that nothing seems to have changed.  Could we not have guessed those answers ourselves last week, having heard them ad nauseum?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2015, 10:33:02 AM »

Reread this

But what makes this different from the 147 times we've heard this over the past however many years?  Is this really new?

Oh I get it, the interview did not meet your little needs and wants so you feel the need to attack anyone and everyone that enjoyed it.

Poor you.

The album is being worked on, sorry they are not on your schedule.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2015, 10:34:59 AM »

Doesn't seem like they are on anyone's schedule.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2015, 10:35:06 AM »

The combination of nothing new and the restating of the same old stuff about them still tinkering with material and Axl being just the best guy ever.

All stuff we've heard many, many, many times now.

Its not so much that its dire, its just that nothing seems to have changed.  Could we not have guessed those answers ourselves last week, having heard them ad nauseum?

Sorry you are so bitter and bored you feel the need to see the negative in everything.

I enjoyed the interview and it's great that the album is still coming.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2015, 10:36:27 AM »

Doesn't seem like they are on anyone's schedule.

Just because they are not on your little schedule hardly means they are not on anyone's.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2015, 10:40:25 AM »

Sorry you are so bitter and bored you feel the need to see the negative in everything.

Its not about seeing negative.  Its about seeing nothing new.

Compare this to his guitar clinic thing.  That was a very interesting watch, because he brought new info to the table.  Part of this reason for this sort of disappointed reaction is likely comparing it to that.

However, I think its important to keep in mind that clinic was pretty obviously recorded without his say so, given the angle of the camera used.  I think what that whole thing showed is the difference between talking off the record and on.  

Off the record, interesting.  On the record, we could type out his answers right now before the next interview, couldn't we?

Which you likely thought last week.  And last month.  And last year.  And the year before that.

What was said here that mattered to you if you already thought all was right with the world?  If you never even heard this, you'd still think all that, no?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2015, 10:42:27 AM »

Just because they are not on your little schedule hardly means they are not on anyone's.

I am not part of the equation.  That taunt has no relevance.

It just makes you feel better because you have deluded yourself into thinking "real fans" only speak when spoken to.  That's your fantasy, not mine.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2015, 10:57:27 AM »

Its not about seeing negative.  Its about seeing nothing new.

Compare this to his guitar clinic thing.  That was a very interesting watch, because he brought new info to the table.  Part of this reason for this sort of disappointed reaction is likely comparing it to that.

However, I think its important to keep in mind that clinic was pretty obviously recorded without his say so, given the angle of the camera used.  I think what that whole thing showed is the difference between talking off the record and on.  

Off the record, interesting.  On the record, we could type out his answers right now before the next interview, couldn't we?

Which you likely thought last week.  And last month.  And last year.  And the year before that.

What was said here that mattered to you if you already thought all was right with the world?  If you never even heard this, you'd still think all that, no?

It was confirmation on what was already known, the touring information was confirmation as well.

I enjoyed his comments on getting onstage and Axl's integrity.

Real art can't be manufactured.

"Shut the fuck up."
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2015, 10:58:19 AM »

The thing that annoys me is the difference in what Richard says and dj says about touring this year ...

One of them is a liar or just runs his mouth ...at the very least I'm hoping for some shows towards the fall ... Just to see who is actually on stage!

Richard cautioning that there seems to be no rush at the moment and that recording is in and off when last year at the Golden Gods he said hopefully it will come out this year ... That doesn't sound good.

But hey ... Emily is cool with it ! Haha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2015, 11:01:03 AM »

I am not part of the equation.  That taunt has no relevance.

It just makes you feel better because you have deluded yourself into thinking "real fans" only speak when spoken to.  That's your fantasy, not mine.

Your fantasy is to pretend to be an expert on management, production, marketing, and to try to stress your own importance and faux expertise.

I havent deluded myself into a thing, you clearly have issues with dedicated supporters and fans of this band.
But to you I suppose I'm a card-carrying cult member. hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2015, 11:01:30 AM »

But are they seriously still working on 10-12 year old songs?  Is that what he's saying here?

For once, I think I would have preferred the "label as boogeyman" answer.  

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2015, 11:03:06 AM »

The thing that annoys me is the difference in what Richard says and dj says about touring this year ...

One of them is a liar or just runs his mouth ...at the very least I'm hoping for some shows towards the fall ... Just to see who is actually on stage!

Richard cautioning that there seems to be no rush at the moment and that recording is in and off when last year at the Golden Gods he said hopefully it will come out this year ... That doesn't sound good.

Nobody is a liar here except you presuming to speak for others.
Your cheerleading attempts usually fail.

Are you not cognizant that situations can change or are you honestly that dense?

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2015, 11:04:51 AM »

But are they seriously still working on 10-12 year old songs?  Is that what he's saying here?

For once, I think I would have preferred the "label as boogeyman" answer.  

That isnt what he said at all, did he once specify any song or certain songs?

If you will actually read the Revolver interview, it indicates some newer material.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2015, 11:07:23 AM »

I can conceive of no scenario where she would find fault.

The discrepancy between Richard and DJ is a legit question, but I suspect many have stopped taking DJ seriously on that stuff for some time.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2015, 11:08:52 AM »

Your fantasy is to pretend to be an expert on management, production, marketing, and to try to stress your own importance and faux expertise.

I havent deluded myself into a thing, you clearly have issues with dedicated supporters and fans of this band.
But to you I suppose I'm a card-carrying cult member. hihi

In a sense, yeah.  I guess you could say that.

It seems you have the same reaction to GNR flying you out to Vegas on their dime with front row seats as you would them dropping an anvil on your head.  Its always all good.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2015, 11:09:59 AM »

That isnt what he said at all, did he once specify any song or certain songs?

If you will actually read the Revolver interview, it indicates some newer material.

He also said it was finished.  But we saw the circling of the wagons and furious attempts to downplay that too, didn't we?

mortismurphy
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »

Everyone here is missing the most important part,

"Well, it depends on what they're criticizing. I think it frustrates fans with the lack of information that's given, it frustrates them with the lack of product. The fact that they wanna buy albums, they wanna support the band, but they can't...."

He said that without accusing those same fans of possessing 'entitlement issues' or having 'no social life'!

Quite a fair and understanding comment by Richard, I thought.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2015, 11:13:56 AM »

Everyone here is missing the most important part,

"Well, it depends on what they're criticizing. I think it frustrates fans with the lack of information that's given, it frustrates them with the lack of product. The fact that they wanna buy albums, they wanna support the band, but they can't...."

He said that without accusing those same fans of possessing 'entitlement issues' or having 'no social life'!

Quite a fair and understanding comment by Richard, I thought.

I found this pretty diplomatic.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: