Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:47:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday  (Read 79426 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2015, 02:41:11 PM »

According to Mitch Lafon, the interview was just done on Wednesday.

He asked Richard about both GN'R and the Dead Daisies.

Ali

Thanks as well

As much as I go on rants about how I think things should be

As a fan I never pass up the chance to see anything gnr related and am looking forward to this
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2015, 08:13:11 AM »

Listen here: http://www.spreaker.com/user/talkingmetal/one-on-one-91-aerosmith-gnr

"I don't think there's gonna be any touring soon. We have been working on material. And that sort of starts and stops, but we're still plugging away at it."

"Is it frustrating? You know, if I didn't have other things going on, it probably would be. But I've got other things that I focus on. I've been doing GN'R now for what?! 13, 14 years. It's the nature of what it is. I've never met anybody that has so much genuine musical integrity. He won't whore himself out, he won't do anything for business or money; it's just about the music. And he won't defend himself in the press, because he doesn't think it matters; it's just about the music ? that's all he cares about. I've worked with a lot of people in this business, and I've never seen, or met, anybody that was motivated purely by that ? by the desire to make art. And you can say whatever you want about it, 'cause he's not gonna defend himself, but he is that, and that's for sure. Otherwise, there would have been a reunion, because the offers for money have been outrageous. But he would never do a reunion unless it was for something besides money."

On whether fans' criticism of GUNS N' ROSES and Axl Rose is fair or if people are just not being open-minded enough:

"Well, it depends on what they're criticizing. I think it frustrates fans with the lack of information that's given, it frustrates them with the lack of product. The fact that they wanna buy albums, they wanna support the band, but they can't. And we do tour, we have toured a lot? I don't know? I don't know if it's justified or not."

On GUNS N' ROSES' reputation for stage tardiness:

"The last few years, it's been very? It's not like a lot of bands, where it's like clockwork. It's different, and it's never gonna be that, because that's not who he is. But, man, you know, he's the real deal. He is the real deal. And he lives it, and, like I said, all he cares about is the music. For the longest time, when I first started with the band even, I thought it was by design. I thought, 'He has this worked out.' 'Cause, you know, it's two hours after we're supposed to start, three hours? and people are? stadiums full of people just booing. And the second he'd walk out on stage, all that energy, all that? on the verge of chaos, of just imploding and everyone just rioting, right at that moment he walks out on stage, and all of that negative energy just goes totally up right into the palm of his hand. I mean, it's phenomenal to watch. And I thought it was by design; I thought that he had figured out some type of way to judge the moment, but it's not. [Laughs] It's not. It's just? That's just what he is. He's not gonna walk out on stage until he is? It's not like he's sitting back watching TV and eating potato chips. Man, he goes through a lot to walk out on stage. Just everything? with being himself? to get into the right place within himself."

On whether GUNS N' ROSES still exists as a band:

"We're still doing GN'R as well, and we're still [doing other projects on the side]. We've been doing the DAISIES stuff before? Actually, when [GUNS N' ROSES was] on tour in Australia, ZZ TOP was opening for us, and on GN'R's 'off' days, ZZ was doing their own shows, and on those days, THE DEAD DAISIES were opening for ZZ TOP."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-richard-fortus-on-axl-roses-stage-tardiness-he-goes-through-a-lot-to-walk-out-on-stage/

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 08:24:59 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2015, 08:59:07 AM »

I feel kind of bad for Axl sometimes.  Most of the remaining fan-base seem to be holding out hope that one day he is going to change.  One day he will suddenly begin to do interviews, release music, tour and make music video's and be in a successful active band.  

Its clear that he is quite comfortable not doing any of those things.  

I'd actually be quite surprised if a new album ever comes out.  I think he is a bit traumatized by the success of the original band and seems happier with the quiet life these days.  

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2015, 09:05:34 AM »

So that was not encouraging ......

Not even a tour anytime soon?

He tells us Axl is a great guy tho...lots of integrity..

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2015, 09:09:40 AM »

I'd actually be quite surprised if a new album ever comes out.  I think he is a bit traumatized by the success of the original band and seems happier with the quiet life these days.  

This was my thought for a the past few years too.

But then I got sucked in by that interview last year, because it was the first time he talked about something new in 5 years.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2015, 09:10:16 AM »

So that was not encouraging ......

Not even a little bit.

Though I'm sure you an I are ultimately mistaken on that.  We shall have to wait to find out just how much.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2015, 09:14:28 AM »

Good, honest interview by Richard. Always a class act. I like the part about there won't be a reunion and how it's not about the money. Even he is probably shocked by how much money has been thrown at Axl

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2015, 09:17:50 AM »

Yeah nothing bad to say about Richard ...he "gets it"...

He seems to understand both sides of the coin.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
italian queen
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2015, 09:23:58 AM »

so, nothing really new on the horizon?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2015, 09:37:54 AM »

Not based on this interview.  Unless he's just trolling us.

And I hope (but ultimately know won't happen) that we can separate the fact he talked versus what he said. 

In other words, we should be able to be happy he did this, but can still be a bit discouraged by what was said.  And I hope this doesn't devolve into being lectured we always complain about no interviews and are now unhappy, so it shows they are right never talking.

But it will.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 09:40:11 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2015, 09:40:27 AM »

Good, honest interview by Richard. Always a class act. I like the part about there won't be a reunion and how it's not about the money. Even he is probably shocked by how much money has been thrown at Axl

Well, what he said was there'd be no reunion "unless it was for something besides money."

How do you reconcile this with DJ's "quite a bit of touring" for 2015, and Axl's interview?  Do we just chalk it up to "plans change"?  It's hard to know who to believe...Richard seems to be pretty honest but who knows.  It's depressing in the sense that there's really no band now...the vibe seems more of a casual gathering of people who seem content to be playing in other bands.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2015, 09:42:43 AM »

How do you reconcile this with DJ's "quite a bit of touring" for 2015, and Axl's interview?  Do we just chalk it up to "plans change"?  It's hard to know who to believe...Richard seems to be pretty honest but who knows.  It's depressing in the sense that there's really no band now...the vibe seems more of a casual gathering of people who seem content to be playing in other bands.

I believe Richard more than I do DJ.

If I am faced with two guys telling competing tales, and one telling us a hard truth that will be unwelcome, versus the other telling us what we would tend to find the optimum outcome, I lean towards the former.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2015, 09:42:53 AM »

Not based on this interview.  Unless he's just trolling us.

And I hope (but ultimately know won't happen) that we can separate the fact he talked versus what he said. 

In other words, we should be able to be happy he did this, but can still be a bit discouraged by what was said.  And I hope this doesn't devolve into being lectured we always complain about no interviews and are now unhappy, so it shows they are right never talking.

But it will.

Yes.  And when I say, "it's depressing..." I'm not typing this from the ledge.  My life (somehow) will continue to go on.  It's just a bummer in the sense that there was a lot of momentum in 2014 and now the brakes seem to have been slammed on.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2015, 09:45:43 AM »

Yes.  And when I say, "it's depressing..." I'm not typing this from the ledge.  My life (somehow) will continue to go on.  It's just a bummer in the sense that there was a lot of momentum in 2014 and now the brakes seem to have been slammed on.

Agreed.  The "your life must be empty and horrible" is such a ridiculous talking point put out by the "real fans" to quash dissent.

Context is a thing in life.  Its a real thing.  In the context of talking about GNR in 2015, this was a bummer.  In terms of our everyday lives, it has no impact.

Princess Leia
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2015, 09:49:15 AM »

Well at least he understands fans point of view. As for the reuni?n, I?m not sure if he is in a position to answer that. I mean if promoters or whoever want a reunion they are not going to talk to Richard about it. Besides the answer is nothing new. But not only Axl is the one who wouldn?t do it for money only, all of them (maybe not Adler) have that same position.

Unfortunately there are many issues blocking the reunion other than personal friendship. Anyway with out without reunion  the band is dead
mortismurphy
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2015, 09:49:34 AM »

This passage is most interesting,

"Well, it depends on what they're criticizing. I think it frustrates fans with the lack of information that's given, it frustrates them with the lack of product. The fact that they wanna buy albums, they wanna support the band, but they can't. And we do tour, we have toured a lot? I don't know? I don't know if it's justified or not."

He agrees with the fans' criticism but it is rather like, nothing will change: Axl is unmovable, in how he operates. An album might take, 10, twenty years - certainly a long time - because it is made on 'Axl time'. There is no desire to keep the fans informed in a manner like most other bands. It is just, how Axl operates. It is what it is.
Princess Leia
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2015, 10:14:27 AM »

He agrees with the fans' criticism but it is rather like, nothing will change: Axl is unmovable, in how he operates. An album might take, 10, twenty years - certainly a long time - because it is made on 'Axl time'. There is no desire to keep the fans informed in a manner like most other bands. It is just, how Axl operates. It is what it is.

It?s over. Richard won?t say that because he is not the one who has to write the death certificate. An album in 10 years doesn?t make any sense unless Axl is dead. Axl is not operating anything at all. That doesn?t mean Axl can?t do so some benefit concert from time to time
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2015, 10:23:22 AM »

Good interview, very interesting on several fronts.

Those that want to see the worst and paint every situation dark and dire will obviously continue to do so.

I'm grateful not to be so pessimistic, I saw a lot of positive in this interview.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2015, 10:24:25 AM »

It?s over. Richard won?t say that because he is not the one who has to write the death certificate. An album in 10 years doesn?t make any sense unless Axl is dead. Axl is not operating anything at all. That doesn?t mean Axl can?t do so some benefit concert from time to time

Nonsense.

Alarmist attitude for sure.

Reread this
"I don't think there's gonna be any touring soon. We have been working on material. And that sort of starts and stops, but we're still plugging away at it."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:26:23 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2015, 10:25:49 AM »

Good interview, very interesting on several fronts.

Those that want to see the worst and paint every situation dark and dire will obviously continue to do so.

I'm grateful not to be so pessimistic, I saw a lot of positive in this interview.

Can you expand on that?

What, in particular, was the silver lining, as you see it?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: