Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:52:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday  (Read 79444 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 04:18:23 PM »

Yes, I hope there's a marketing plan and they schedule interviews.

Most of these guys have done interviews about GN'R during the tours.

/jarmo

You might be right with that and I am really don't want to say they don't do interviews durring the tours.  So don't post a bunch of links proving it.  Haha

The point I am trying to make, kinda is.  If they are doing this durring tours the. It's not enough because as a hard core fan I don't notice.  So the mainstream bum fans forsure are not noticing
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 04:21:27 PM »

I do not agree

When you are in a full time band.  There are no breaks.  You are in what can be considered a buisness, which should be operating 24-7 to promote its product.  No you don't get interviews 24-7.  But in this day and age you would have a great web site that does operate 24-7.

The interviews are like ad campaigns. If you have no new product to sell, you usually stay quiet.
I'm talking about actual scheduled interviews here, not "Oh! Hi! I didn't expect to see you here! What's new with GN'R?" kind of things.

The point I am trying to make, kinda is.  If they are doing this durring tours the. It's not enough because as a hard core fan I don't notice.  So the mainstream bum fans forsure are not noticing

Sometimes it's for local newspapers, radio, TV. So it's not necessarily for you. Aimed at you.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:28:38 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 04:23:21 PM »

I try making this point all the time.  Often with little success.

I tend to talk about promotion that the mainstream can see.  But when I bring it up, I get a link to a 5 question interview Dizzy did with 'Jammin' Joe's Bitchin' Blog'.

Not really what I'm getting at.  Even if you can't secure an interview with a huge mainstream outlet, at least pick one that might be picked up by one.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2015, 04:24:51 PM »

The interviews are liked ad campaigns. If you have no new product to sell, you usually stay quiet.
I'm talking about actual scheduled interviews here, not "Oh! Hi! I didn't expect to see you here! What's new with GN'R?" kind of things.

Agreed.  And that makes sense, right now.

But I have zero confidence that will change even when a new album comes out.  It would certainly run very contrary to how things were done last time around.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 04:32:41 PM »

The interviews are liked ad campaigns. If you have no new product to sell, you usually stay quiet.

Agreed.  And that makes sense, right now.

But I have zero confidence that will change even when a new album comes out.  It would certainly run very contrary to how things were done last time around.

That's one aspect of interviews

Sometimes artists give interviews becuase they are proud of there work and no matter when it came out they want to talk about it

Sometimes interviews are because the artist has a huge ego and likes talking about himself because it's there favorite subject

Sometimes interviews are front the managment becuase they are getting paid, so they might as well be doing everything they can to keep there bands name out there instead of not doing that

Usually when it comes to other bands, where the band members have side projects.   They main interview will be about there lead band. With just a few questions regarding the side band.  It is the complete reverse with guns.

More interviews, more stories more current pictures are all a good thing!!!  It's good for both the fans and for the band
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 04:35:13 PM »

I try making this point all the time.  Often with little success.

I tend to talk about promotion that the mainstream can see.  But when I bring it up, I get a link to a 5 question interview Dizzy did with 'Jammin' Joe's Bitchin' Blog'.

Not really what I'm getting at.  Even if you can't secure an interview with a huge mainstream outlet, at least pick one that might be picked up by one.

If I havnt read or heard a interiew I would bet that the guy living next to me hasn't read or heard it.  He would be the guy u are trying to reach

If the band isn't going to do one big interview.  What they have to do is 10000 smaller interviews hoping that the guy next door to me sees one

You can't just do one small interview and then say.   There, I did a interview see!! 
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 04:36:27 PM »

I truly hope that Richard will tell something about an upcoming tour or even plans about the next album, fingers crossed!!  beer

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 04:38:05 PM »

If I havnt read or heard a interiew I would bet that the guy living next to me hasn't read or heard it.  He would be the guy u are trying to reach

If the band isn't going to do one big interview.  What they have to do is 10000 smaller interviews hoping that the guy next door to me sees one

You can't just do one small interview and then say.   There, I did a interview see!! 

Spot on.

mortismurphy
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 04:40:46 PM »

What is there to talk about though?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 04:44:34 PM »

At this stage :

- album is done/not done
- looking for a release this year/not this year
- looking to tour this year/not this year

Hopefully answered in clear enough language we don't descend into another debate about "what the meaning of 'is', 'is'" type stuff, like we are forced to do all too often.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2015, 04:49:13 PM »

What's going on with Ron and if he was to leave what he would like the band to do?  I.e hire another lead guitar player, or stick with the current guys and if so who would take over what parts?

The recording process durring CD. What producers did he have  in contact with?  Was he around for when Brian May came in for a few solo works?

Has he wrote any new material for guns?  Has anyone and has he heard it?  Has he been involved with anything I. Regards to the stuff from the CD recordings?  WhAte going on with all of that

Would buckethead even be in character behind the scenes?  Or would he ever break it

His dream band to open for guns on the next tour.  A band that is currently active

There a few good ones to get started
mortismurphy
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2015, 04:49:23 PM »

And

- lead guitarist is in/out
mortismurphy
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2015, 04:50:38 PM »

What's going on with Ron and if he was to leave what he would like the band to do?  I.e hire another lead guitar player, or stick with the current guys and if so who would take over what parts?

The recording process durring CD. What producers did he have  in contact with?  Was he around for when Brian May came in for a few solo works?

Has he wrote any new material for guns?  Has anyone and has he heard it?  Has he been involved with anything I. Regards to the stuff from the CD recordings?  WhAte going on with all of that

Would buckethead even be in character behind the scenes?  Or would he ever break it

His dream band to open for guns on the next tour.  A band that is currently active

Yes, good points. I guess I am so used to being fobbed off by this band that I had forgotten most bands talk like that.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2015, 04:51:53 PM »

As long as guns n roses is a band with management we should have interviews and press about guns n roses.  Interviews about guns n roses. 

Assuming there's something to promote and talk about.

Many of these interviews are done when GN'R are on a break. Therefore it's natural that there won't be a GN'R focus.

/jarmo

So there is nothing to promote and talk about when there is not a break?

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2015, 04:55:33 PM »

Yes, good points. I guess I am so used to being fobbed off by this band that I had forgotten most bands talk like that.

I hate comparing guns to other bands

But come on

This is what you do!!!

And just because one member of the band doesn't like to do them, doesn't mean the whole band doesn't lIke to do them

Those questions are just off the top of my head, but there tons of questions about many different things that many of the member would all have different takes on things   
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2015, 05:40:29 PM »

So there is nothing to promote and talk about when there is not a break?

When the band was touring, several band members did interviews.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
italian queen
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2015, 03:49:15 AM »

"guess we'll have to wait and see" Smiley
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2015, 12:34:05 PM »

According to Mitch Lafon, the interview was just done on Wednesday.

He asked Richard about both GN'R and the Dead Daisies.

Ali
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2015, 12:45:41 PM »

According to Mitch Lafon, the interview was just done on Wednesday.

He asked Richard about both GN'R and the Dead Daisies.

Ali

Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing this.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2015, 12:59:15 PM »

Makes sense that he gets asked about the Dead Daisies as well with the Cuba thing they're doing now.

Hopefully it'll be mainly GN'R related though.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: