Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:06:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let's vote "Guns N' Roses" for Super Bowl 2016
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's vote "Guns N' Roses" for Super Bowl 2016  (Read 14629 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: February 03, 2015, 10:41:44 AM »

Billboard has a poll up for the Super Bowl 50 half-time show.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/super-bowl-2015/6458140/super-bowl-50-halftime-show-performer-poll

GN'R isn't listed, but tick off "other" at the bottom and put in Guns N' Roses.

Being Billboard, it's pretty high-profile. Would be cool if we could get the GNR name out there as a potential candidate. If our dreams come true they might have an album out by then, and the Super Bowl is a pretty good marketing opportunity.

Spread the word to all the other boards as well   ok

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 10:44:08 AM »

Voted.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 10:55:38 AM »

I believe you get 12 minutes.  And its run like a military operation.  They do not fuck around.

It would have to be some medley.  I wonder how that would be structured.  People only tend to do big hits, which I have to assume is also the network position.  Would Axl be terribly interested in doing a medley of classic line-up songs?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 11:00:16 AM »

Will there be lip synching and sharks? hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 11:10:03 AM »

Dolphins probably. Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 11:10:22 AM »

Will there be lip synching and sharks? hihi

How more obvious could she have made that?

Within the first minute, she raises the mic away from her mouth?  

Sloppy.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 11:11:35 AM »

Katy Perry wasn't terrible...

The NFL had a brutal year... so they were certainly in the right going with somebody with no jail record  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 11:12:27 AM »

I believe you get 12 minutes.  And its run like a military operation.  They do not fuck around.

It would have to be some medley.  I wonder how that would be structured.  People only tend to do big hits, which I have to assume is also the network position.  Would Axl be terribly interested in doing a medley of classic line-up songs?

Something similar to the medley they did at the VMAs maybe? Couple of the hits + a new song.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 11:13:00 AM »

Katy Perry wasn't terrible...

The NFL had a brutal year... so they were certainly in the right going with somebody with no jail record  Smiley

She was decent, I thought.

I think she suffered in comparison to Bruno Mars last year thought.  Not really a Bruno fan, but he tore it up.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 11:15:23 AM »

Something similar to the medley they did at the VMAs maybe? Couple of the hits + a new song.

Network going to sign off on that thought?

Best one of the best 10 years, I think, was Prince.  Remember what he did?  'Let's Go Crazy', 'Baby, I'm A Star', and 'Purple Rain' (20 year old songs at that point) and a few snippets of covers.

There was no "here's my new single" opening.  Or time for anything he'd done in the past 2 decades.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 11:20:58 AM »

Wonder if the RHCP will be loaning their ass transmitters out? hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 11:21:45 AM »

It's almost like its become more about these "hey, look, here's somebody else on stage with me" moments...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 11:24:01 AM »

It's almost like its become more about these "hey, look, here's somebody else on stage with me" moments...

Kravitz was totally wasted.

Most of it is just all based on demographics. 

Let's face it, RHCP were there as a bone thrown to white people.  Madonna having LMFAO and MIA was an olive branch to the young.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 11:24:29 AM »

Network going to sign off on that thought?

Best one of the best 10 years, I think, was Prince.  Remember what he did?  'Let's Go Crazy', 'Baby, I'm A Star', and 'Purple Rain' (20 year old songs at that point) and a few snippets of covers.

There was no "here's my new single" opening.  Or time for anything he'd done in the past 2 decades.

Depends on the timing though. If they have a successful single out close to the time of the performance there might be room, I don't know.

I'm no expert on how these things go down. Is it "only mega-hits allowed"?

Didn't Bruce Springsteen play Working on a Dream?

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 11:26:58 AM »

He did.

I assume they insist on singles, at minimum.  As in, no 'Madagascar'.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 11:29:01 AM »

He did.

I assume they insist on singles, at minimum.  As in, no 'Madagascar'.

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting the exact same medley as '02.  Wink

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 11:33:33 AM »

If they had a new album out, you could work the single into the medley like Springsteen did.

In that case, something with a hook or a chorus would be imperative, because you only have 12 total minutes. 

If they didn't make an exception for The Rolling Stones, they aren't making one for Axl Rose.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 11:37:08 AM »

If they had a new album out, you could work the single into the medley like Springsteen did.

In that case, something with a hook or a chorus would be imperative, because you only have 12 total minutes. 

If they didn't make an exception for The Rolling Stones, they aren't making one for Axl Rose.

Yes, I'm suggesting that if they were to play anything *new*, it would have to be from the next album, not CD.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 11:45:03 AM »

Keep in mind, you are also flat out required to do press for this thing.  NFL is totally inflexible on that.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 11:48:11 AM »

Keep in mind, you are also flat out required to do press for this thing.  NFL is totally inflexible on that.

OK, seems like you've almost found all the reasons they can't do this now.  hihi

Did you vote?  Cheesy

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: