Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 08:03:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot New Album : Little Brother Is Watching
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot New Album : Little Brother Is Watching  (Read 35713 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2015, 07:42:32 PM »

It is fun watching threads evolve, here we are discussing NIN Vs GNR, in how they may or may not be similar. And the focus or title of said thread is about Rons new song.

Personally I have no ill will towards the guy. From the get go when he joined the band I liked him . I think hes a tremendous  player. Met him first time after one of the Hammerstein

shows and early on went out to see him at numerous shows in NYC, solo and with other GNR members, when he played with Duff and his band Loaded at a handful of shows, and

countless now GNR shows. I am a fan of his music and I do like the new track so me I will have no problem buying it, and look forward to it.

Now I do think it sucks big time if it turns out that he has left the GNR family. In no encounters I have had with him and other members did I  find any negative vibe going on ,

quite the contrary, it was always much camaraderie.

IF hes gone and I'm not convinced of it being a sure set in stone thing, I  see no reason to now turn into rabid dogs on the guy.

But I'm not blind either to the bits  of complaining he has done somewhat publicly,  I chalk that up to him being who he is, pretty upfront and honest, but loyal , and he has been for sure.

He didn't let anyone down in the band and was committed fully at every moment when it came to tours and shows and the fans. So what happens next, I am in the wheelhouse of thinking , it won't affect any plans of when and how the next album will be released.

When its time to books touring we will know who is playing live when it happens. Perhaps when we get to the next leg he will have had ample time and freedom promoting and touring his solo effort. IF not I am comfortable with Richard and DJ taking over. And I believe they would have no problems doing so either.

As far as this thread, I like the tune. And will buy the album.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2015, 09:00:38 PM »

The band concept of GN'R is a bit like Nine Inch Nails. The difference: The band members around Axl are "real" band members, Trent has just a live-band. Both both, Axl and Trent, are the key members in GN'R/NIN

It's nothing like nine inch nails. Trent is a multi insrtumentalist and does practically the whole album himself.

Um, no. It's nothing like NIN.
Maybe - maybe - Smashing Pumpkins.
When Billy Corgan realized no one wanted to buy a "Billy Corgan" solo album he "reformed" Smashing Pumpkins.

Did i miss this smashing pumpkins "reformation"?

As far as I know billy got back together with the drummer but never darcy (bassist) or james (guitar).  Mb james. But def never darcy as she is pretty messed up

Corgan was on record as saying the only way to get a true pumpkins sound was to use there original drummee, cant remember his name

Anyways

Why would you say the comparisson to NIN was way off??? 

I am sure if Axl could play every part himself he would.  But he chooses to bring guys in and as a producer uses bits and pieces of what they have recorded

Trent plays most of the stuff you hear a d has it all writtin.   Then uses bits and pieces of stuff he has written and as a producer puts it all together

Both band have had both steady touring members and rotating spots

Sounds pretty similar to me

NIN has always been pretty much solely Trent and then he'd get a couple of dudes to tour with him, whereas GNR was/is a band. That's how I see it anyway.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »

The band concept of GN'R is a bit like Nine Inch Nails. The difference: The band members around Axl are "real" band members, Trent has just a live-band. Both both, Axl and Trent, are the key members in GN'R/NIN

It's nothing like nine inch nails. Trent is a multi insrtumentalist and does practically the whole album himself.

Um, no. It's nothing like NIN.
Maybe - maybe - Smashing Pumpkins.
When Billy Corgan realized no one wanted to buy a "Billy Corgan" solo album he "reformed" Smashing Pumpkins.

Did i miss this smashing pumpkins "reformation"?

As far as I know billy got back together with the drummer but never darcy (bassist) or james (guitar).  Mb james. But def never darcy as she is pretty messed up

Corgan was on record as saying the only way to get a true pumpkins sound was to use there original drummee, cant remember his name

Anyways

Why would you say the comparisson to NIN was way off??? 

I am sure if Axl could play every part himself he would.  But he chooses to bring guys in and as a producer uses bits and pieces of what they have recorded

Trent plays most of the stuff you hear a d has it all writtin.   Then uses bits and pieces of stuff he has written and as a producer puts it all together

Both band have had both steady touring members and rotating spots

Sounds pretty similar to me

NIN has always been pretty much solely Trent and then he'd get a couple of dudes to tour with him, whereas GNR was/is a band. That's how I see it anyway.

Haha I am done with this topic, as it is ruining the thread topic, like the above poster said

Let's focus on Ron's solo album!

Question for the album though. 

Does Ron take care of the lead vocals himself?
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2015, 06:44:11 AM »

Yes, I think he does mostly everything himself apart from drums. In away more akin to NIN.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2015, 06:47:08 AM »

Yes, I think he does mostly everything himself apart from drums. In away more akin to NIN.
Yes all his previous albums are 100% bumble apart from drums. I think that this album will be the same.

Im wondering when i see him live in two weeks will he be alone, or does he bring a band.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2015, 07:07:41 AM »

Where you seeing him? I'm going to the London gig. I hope he's doing his own stuff. Would like to hear "little brother" live.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 07:12:55 AM by reayj2003 » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2015, 07:38:53 AM »

Where you seeing him? I'm going to the London gig. I hope he's doing his own stuff. Would like to hear "little brother" live.
Pattaya Thailand. hes playing 3 gigs here.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2015, 07:57:53 AM »

Nice. Enjoy!
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2015, 08:07:34 AM »

Nice. Enjoy!
Thanks.

I bet London will be fun aswell

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Gunnerfan23
Opening Act

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2015, 10:08:23 PM »

Hey,

Might be totally out of place asking this, but when did B-Foot say it was a horrible experience playing in GNR?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2015, 08:55:51 AM »

Hey,

Might be totally out of place asking this, but when did B-Foot say it was a horrible experience playing in GNR?

He never said that publicly... I don't think...people don't like that he has "aired dirty laundry" to the public....

He stated publically that dealing with and getting answers from TB was difficult... which of course... people don't like

and he expressed frustrations with GNR not creating music as a band... which amazingly offends people as well....

he also came off as complaining when he made it seem like GNR forced him to perform while he was going thru some rough times with his health

those are his three biggest offenses as far as I can tell .... then of course there are "insiders" who claim he speaks negatively about Axl and all the others involved... but that's all hearsay.. not that they are lying, but somebody with some kid of agenda can feed somebody that information

I would have liked to have seem him stay on board... I don't like that GNR's revolving door is just accepted... but obviously nothing you can do about it..

Hoping for some good news regarding GNR to come soon.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:58:24 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2015, 10:01:02 AM »

Then there was that weird story about how the others didn't seem to care for him, and hazed the shit out of him.

The weird part of the story being that it was implied it was still going on, years later.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Gunnerfan23
Opening Act

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2015, 03:31:06 PM »

I hope he sticks around but seriously hope the best for the guy even if he does decide to leave.
Possibly the most well rounded guitarist the band has had and then some!

His album is gonna be fun..I'm sure there will be haters because of these err?situations (i don't want to say rumours) and we'll just have to wait and see about Guns. At least we know most guys in the band have albums out!!

Hookers, Dead Daisies, SixxAM and Bumblefoot..lotsa must to enjoy Smiley
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2015, 04:33:34 PM »

I hope he sticks around but seriously hope the best for the guy even if he does decide to leave.

He's been good to the fans, no doubt about it.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2015, 04:44:18 PM »

Then there was that weird story about how the others didn't seem to care for him, and hazed the shit out of him.

The weird part of the story being that it was implied it was still going on, years later.

Until Ron had to get physical.  Ya right

dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2015, 11:57:55 PM »

He's been good to the fans, no doubt about it.

He certainly has with fun photos of him in front row of an audience pretending to enjoy "the concert" which he was about to do with gnr.

I like the new song, they've done the video now so just wait for it to come onto youtube so I can listen to it without using up all my internet usage.

He's got lots of touring dates through England (lucky sods) so I guess there's nothing from gnr for a while or they'll play with a fill in.

With his humour, his friendliness, his charity work as well as touring & recording when has he got time for gnr? I don't want him to leave, he's the only reason I wanted the backstage passes & got them - I like the others but if Ron's left & Axl doesn't go to the backstage parties there's hardly any reason to want to go now.

Oh sorry Jarmo, there's you of course. If you attend that is, didn't see you there but you walked past over & over during the concert with a big smile on your face.  yes Or maybe it was wind???  rofl

rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2015, 04:50:24 AM »

http://rokbiz.com/blog/featured/ron-bumblefoot-thal/

Really interesting interview.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2015, 07:06:33 AM »

Nobody is asking the million dollar question!
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2015, 07:29:19 AM »

Seems like he is asking us

''Ultimately the rest of the world will decide what I should do next, I?m listening to them.  Will see how each step goes  Smiley''

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2015, 12:37:57 PM »

Seems like he is asking us

''Ultimately the rest of the world will decide what I should do next, I?m listening to them.  Will see how each step goes  Smiley''

AjajAJjaA, Ironic

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: