Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 01:53:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Vote Dj Ashba '' Best Guitar 2014 ''
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vote Dj Ashba '' Best Guitar 2014 ''  (Read 29771 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2015, 03:55:26 PM »

Well people can blame it on him but they know what gets him going at this point. It's like knowing the stove is going to burn you if you touch it, doing it anyway, and then bitching about it. "I love this place, but I hate that damn stove!". Stay away from the stove then. If it was that much of a problem, if most people here really disliked Jarmo's way of doing things, then they could easily open another GNR forum that sifted through all the tired subjects and "the vast, vast majority" would flock to that forum instead.

What gets *him* going?

You've been here at night, as I have.  Are there ever any problems at night?  Nope.  Why is that?

But come the next morning, you can bet that the prior night's conversation (which again, hummed along without a hint of a problem) will be quoted and chopped up as people are taken to task for some fan loyalty infraction or another.  And we spend much of the morning, not continuing the conversation about the band we were having just 12 hours prior...but debating who is a good fan or not.

Right or wrong?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2015, 04:07:56 PM »

hihi

And every time you've been away things have been productive and everything's been swell!
Why's that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2015, 04:15:58 PM »

hihi

And every time you've been away things have been productive and everything's been swell!
Why's that?

Presumably because you don't have to police all my posts and derail every single conversation with your haughty objections. 

I don't know.  I'm just spitballin' here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2015, 04:21:45 PM »

Nothing would "derail" if you were just a little more positive! Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2015, 06:05:46 PM »

I think it's like Jarmo said before, he doesn't want to have a website he would feel embarrassed about. Asking Jarmo not to stick up for his friends and just let people put them down consistently and publicly in his own house is really asking for a lot.

Now you may be thinking "Well I get that, but I don't get the other fans that act like their best friend is getting picked on in the playground". But if you got that, it should come as no surprise to you when Jarmo responds the way he does. There are so many places out there to go because one loves the band and wishes to talk about them. This is the only one where you have to put up with Jarmo. There's no escaping him here on htgth. It's his site. I would imagine he is not going to change. Also, he seems to keep you guys around for a reason as he could remove you from the picture with the greatest of ease if that is what he wanted to do, so maybe he likes you a little more than he lets on or something, idk. Maybe he's waiting for the new album to come out so he can ban you the day before its release as a way to get back at you.  Wink

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2015, 06:10:42 PM »

There are so many places out there to go because one loves the band and wishes to talk about them. This is the only one where you have to put up with Jarmo. There's no escaping him here on htgth. It's his site. I would imagine he is not going to change. Also, he seems to keep you guys around for a reason as he could remove you from the picture with the greatest of ease if that is what he wanted to do, so maybe he likes you a little more than he lets on or something, idk. Maybe he's waiting for the new album to come out so he can ban you the day before its release as a way to get back at you.  Wink

Actually, there aren't.  Most forums you have to wade through reunion stuff and the other crap I mentioned earlier.  Here, you don't.

I don't have a problem with Jarmo.  I've said more times than I can count that he's both fair to me and carrying around a rep at the other sites I think is overdone, based on what I've seen in my time here.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2015, 06:37:24 PM »

There are so many places out there to go because one loves the band and wishes to talk about them. This is the only one where you have to put up with Jarmo. There's no escaping him here on htgth. It's his site. I would imagine he is not going to change. Also, he seems to keep you guys around for a reason as he could remove you from the picture with the greatest of ease if that is what he wanted to do, so maybe he likes you a little more than he lets on or something, idk. Maybe he's waiting for the new album to come out so he can ban you the day before its release as a way to get back at you.  Wink

Actually, there aren't.  Most forums you have to wade through reunion stuff and the other crap I mentioned earlier.  Here, you don't.

I don't have a problem with Jarmo.  I've said more times than I can count that he's both fair to me and carrying around a rep at the other sites I think is overdone, based on what I've seen in my time here.

Oh sure, now you say that after I point that possibility out  Wink. Just kidding, you and Jarmo will probably be arguing with one another for at least another ten years.

BTW DJ fans, your guy is slowly losing numbers! Get on there and vote, you get one vote an hour  beer
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:41:16 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2015, 06:56:07 PM »

If I hated Jarmo, would I really be here everyday?

Although that banning us all right before the album drops...that's good.  That's some 'Godfather' type shit there.

DX is dead.  So's sofine11, mortismurphy, and JAEBALL.  Today we settled all forum business.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2015, 06:59:50 PM »

DJ fans, your guy is slowly losing numbers! Get on there and vote, you get one vote an hour  beer

Yeah, keep voting!  ok

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2015, 01:54:40 AM »

Do you ever get the feeling that the only reason some people post here is because if they said the same thing on mygnr their comment would not stand out? If they made the same comment there it would hardly be noticeable because it would go with the grain but here it gets a lot of attention. Ultimately company is company and I wouldn't wish banishment on anyone but some of the antics that go on around here are really puzzling.

I often see people complain about or insult Jarmo and his way of doing things yet they feel obligated to post on Jarmo's website. How does this make any sense? It's like sticking around in some guys house and constantly saying things you know are going to piss him off, then getting upset when he talks back to you or tells you that he will not stand for such a thing being said in his home. He is a pretty nice host, all things considered.

The thing is, you (in the plural sense, i.e. Jarmo and supporters) obviously construe debates in a far more negative light than I do; I usually find a situation in which, two views are being thrashed out, a rather interesting agenda. I never see it negative even if I disagree with every word in it. I find it very interesting when applied, to high politics, just as much as a low brow rock group. I can only speak for myself but I am always aware that it is just about a 'rock band' and always employ humour, and see the scenario in a sort of, comedic light (rather than any sort of 'malice') - yes, even when I am ridiculing Jarmo. Yet the people here seem to have, some great fear of them, as if they are unhinging the forum, an aberration against the natural order of things that Jarmo has established.

Just how much lacking in confidence about Guns N' Roses must you be, to think that two argumentative by good humoured chaps such as myself and DGX can pose such a threat to the forum?

I have had all sorts of rubbish in my inbox telling me to effectively 'go away', I have been 'warned', I have had people saying I am 'mental', I have been told to 'fuck off' (surely contravening http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=14144.0 but I now realise that there are two codes of conduct here, one for supporters and one for everyone else), for what is, simply, a bunch of disagreements on a forum about a rather ridiculous rock band.

It is sort of ironic that the most blatant negativity (in my view) actually comes from the advocates of 'positivity'. I have never seen any of the so called 'whiners' tell people to 'fuck off'. I am guessing (but I of course cannot be certain) they do not send mindless drivel via inboxes either. Posing this point: Just who is being negative and who is being positive here?

I do not see how these debates offer such a threat to this forum considering GN'R are completely inactive these days. Presumably if me or Generation stopped posting, the forum would simply revert to its default position of, ''Happy Birthday Richard Fortus'' threads, and ''keep on mindlessly voting'' in silly poll encouragements. Do the people here honestly find these type of posts, interesting? I suppose they do fit your criteria of, 'positivity' so they must please you.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:27:25 AM by mortismurphy » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2015, 08:20:53 AM »

This from the person who made nazi references aimed at me. Among other things.
Just saying....

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2015, 08:25:46 AM »

I did the, 'ze' cliche, a quip usually reserved for heavy handed dictatorial behaviour. It was not my most original pun, granted, but it was fairly innocuous stuff really. Have you ever seen that Fawlty Towers episode, or, 'Allo 'Allo!, Jarmo?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2015, 08:36:51 AM »

Although that banning us all right before the album drops...that's good.  That's some 'Godfather' type shit there.

DX is dead.  So's sofine11, mortismurphy, and JAEBALL.  Today we settled all forum business.

I am not as negative as the aformentioned lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2015, 08:50:17 AM »

I did the, 'ze' cliche, a quip usually reserved for heavy handed dictatorial behaviour. It was not my most original pun, granted, but it was fairly innocuous stuff really. Have you ever seen that Fawlty Towers episode, or, 'Allo 'Allo!, Jarmo?

Of course I have. But those excuses won't save you. Your insult was lame.
Nobody needs to be told to fuck off, but you of all people shouldn't be shocked when you turn up on a fan site for band you don't like all that much.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2015, 08:57:00 AM »

There are no grey areas. 'You are either, for, or, against'. One slight criticism about an Axl vocal slip, one query about 'why the new album is over due?', and you are immediately considered a 'whiner with entitlement issues, dreaming about reunion' haha. It is insane - this place.

Nobody needs to be told to fuck off, but you of all people shouldn't be shocked when you turn up on a fan site for band you don't like all that much.

You keep repeating that and I keep having to reiterate the same point. For the last time, I am a Guns N' Roses fan. I merely feel they have taken the wrong direction, since, around 2011. I look forward to the Buckethead-Finck tracks no less than I did, in 2001, for example!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2015, 09:03:34 AM »

There are no grey areas. 'You are either, for, or, against'. One slight criticism about an Axl vocal slip, one query about 'why the new album is over due?', and you are immediately considered a 'whiner with entitlement issues, dreaming about reunion' haha. It is insane - this place.

You keep repeating that and I keep having to reiterate the same point. For the last time, I am a Guns N' Roses fan. I merely feel they have taken the wrong direction, since, around 2011. I look forward to the Buckethead-Finck tracks no less than I did, in 2001, for example!

I do think this is important.. when you say Im a GNR fan especially as it relates to this poll with DJ... I don't hate him or love him based on his contributions to GNR.... ANY GUITAR PLAYER could have come in and play the songs proficiently and certain people would adore him for the fact that Axl seems to think so highly of him.... I have nothing to go on with him... he has never been on one GNR track... When he does... then maybe then i'd consider voting for him in a poll that includes monsters like Slash (who helped create the guitar parts for 90 percent of all the songs you guys all love), Angus Young and Zack Wylde.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
mortismurphy
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2015, 09:07:58 AM »

I do think this is important.. when you say Im a GNR fan especially as it relates to this poll with DJ... I don't hate him or love him based on his contributions to GNR.... ANY GUITAR PLAYER could have come in and play the songs proficiently and certain people would adore him for the fact that Axl seems to think so highly of him.... I have nothing to go on with him... he has never been on one GNR track... When he does... then maybe then i'd consider voting for him in a poll that includes monsters like Slash (who helped create the guitar parts for 90 percent of all the songs you guys all love), Angus Young and Zack Wylde.

Yes I agree.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2015, 09:29:46 AM »

It's very apparent that you don't agree with anything past that magical date.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2015, 09:31:31 AM »

If the next moves are forward thinking (new album, a different stage show for the first time in 10 years) the running in place redundancy of the past few years will be forgotten.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2015, 09:54:34 AM »

I'm just glad I made it out alive in this scenario!  hihi

If you're a Six AM fan, and like their new album, then there's nothing wrong with voting for DJ.  It's tough to vote for him based on his contributions to Guns, which is really just playing riffs that other people created.  Now, if they turn BOD (which I really like) into a song, that's a different story. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: