Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 01:54:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Vote Dj Ashba '' Best Guitar 2014 ''
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vote Dj Ashba '' Best Guitar 2014 ''  (Read 29774 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2015, 05:02:06 PM »

It is less a conviction of mine, more a saying.

Just givin' ya a hard time old boy!

Edit: DJ is in third, he is not doing all that bad. I have been voting for him pretty consistently every hour when I am near my computer.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:04:24 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2015, 02:53:19 AM »

My innocent comment was deleted
It's easy to see why this forum has become as dead as the dodo.

The obscured censorship on here has turned this place into a shit hole.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:55:01 AM by slashofvr » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2015, 08:45:18 AM »

What did you say?  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2015, 11:21:27 AM »

Innocent? More like attention seeking trolling.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2015, 02:06:03 PM »

I said how could someone vote for Dj when he's up against Slash.
Dj makes a living playing the songs that Slash wrote and he is the worst guitarist in GNR at the moment.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2015, 03:42:09 PM »

Dj makes a living playing the songs that Slash wrote and he is the worst guitarist in GNR at the moment.

Not to be rude, but since you started being uncivilized a few posts back, you are full of troll shit.

DJ has been successful with Sixx AM, with his design-clothing firm, AND with GNR.

I don't understand the Ashba-haters, Slash isn't in the band- why not appreciate all incarnations and lineups of GNR? There is no reason to choose, it isn't a competition.

Some people have strange mindsets  rant

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2015, 04:02:05 PM »

It's not nice to lie.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
richbc
Opening Act

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2015, 09:56:43 PM »

DJ has been successful with Sixx AM, with his design-clothing firm, AND with GNR.

I don't understand the Ashba-haters, Slash isn't in the band- why not appreciate all incarnations and lineups of GNR? There is no reason to choose, it isn't a competition.

Agree 100 per cent. Can't figure why so many people have such a hate on for DJ. Great guy, mad skills, living the dream in my books.

Praise publicly, criticise privately....
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2015, 10:59:54 PM »

I don't get the DJ hate either.

But, let's be real.  If you had to rank all 3 current guitarists, is he not 3rd?  Is that out of line to say?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2015, 06:46:43 AM »

Agree 100 per cent. Can't figure why so many people have such a hate on for DJ. Great guy, mad skills, living the dream in my books.

Praise publicly, criticise privately....

Hi Richbc welcome  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2015, 07:51:01 AM »

But, let's be real.  If you had to rank all 3 current guitarists, is he not 3rd?  Is that out of line to say?

I would rank him number one as Live he's great to watch!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2015, 08:23:43 AM »

Richard is definitely the rockstar of the three and probably the most versatile.. I feel like he could step in to any band and fit in.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2015, 11:03:49 AM »

I dont have a problem or hate towards DJ and cant comment on his writting skills as I have nevee heard anything from him

But what I dont like is he seems phoney at times.  Like he playing the role of a rockstar.   Too much fake posing to the camera.   Like how many times does he really have to give the camera the middle finger?   If you watch the new boue ray the guy is givng the finger to the camera every second shot.    Thats all I really dont loke about the guy.  Seems phoney and seems to be playing the role of a rockstar and not actually one

Now when it comes to his playing live.   I dont have a problem with it at all.  Guns has been very lucky to have some of the gratest guitar players ever in there line ups.   With the current batch of guys.  For live playing I would rate DJ number 3.   And thats nothing agaisnt him     The other two are just better live players
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2015, 12:26:01 PM »

Not to be rude, but since you started being uncivilized a few posts back, you are full of troll shit.

What has a clothing line to do with a guitarist ability? Nothing.
I have nothing against Ashba but he is the worst guitarist in the band, his version of the This I love solo is horrible and his Sorry solo is also poor. He can't even play the second part of the sweet child solo, his patience solo is awful.
These are observations I've made from watching my favourite band live. I've seen the band 22 times live with Dj over the last few years and this is what I think personally.

The fact that he's emo doesn't come into it for me because he is at least a decent show man.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2015, 12:35:10 PM »

What has a clothing line to do with a guitarist ability? Nothing.
I have nothing against Ashba but he is the worst guitarist in the band, his version of the This I love solo is horrible and his Sorry solo is also poor. He can't even play the second part of the sweet child solo, his patience solo is awful.
These are observations I've made from watching my favourite band live. I've seen the band 22 times live with Dj over the last few years and this is what I think personally.

The fact that he's emo doesn't come into it for me because he is at least a decent show man.

Hahaha I like how you say you have nothing agaisnt the guy, but then proceed to trash his work on a couple of solos and calling him the worst current guitarist in the band.   Remindes me of myself, when i want to make fun of someone.  I always start with, with all do respect...   

I think Emily just threw in the part about DJs clothing line, just to make a point that he is sucessful in other forms as well.  i am sure she knows that it has nothing to do with his guitar playing.  Some of his clothes arnt that bad actually....

Hey I am not the biggezt DJ fan.  And like i said above i rank him as number 3 as well.  However, the guy does bring in fans.   People like him.  He is the most popular of the three guitar players.  And in a time when the band could use more mainstream attention and fans, any rub dj being in the band and bringing in his own fans is good
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2015, 01:01:40 PM »

I dont have a problem or hate towards DJ and cant comment on his writting skills as I have nevee heard anything from him

In this poll, DJ is listed for his work in the two bands he's associated with:

DJ Ashba, Sixx: A.M. / Guns N' Roses

I personally am not familiar with Sixx: A.M. but would guess that he has both writing & performing credits them?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2015, 01:05:09 PM »

In this poll, DJ is listed for his work in the two bands he's associated with:

DJ Ashba, Sixx: A.M. / Guns N' Roses

I personally am not familiar with Sixx: A.M. but would guess that he has both writing & performing credits them?

I think he is one of the primary song writters of that band yes

I have never heard any of there music
richbc
Opening Act

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2015, 01:34:26 PM »

Consider this... in the upcoming Superbowl, would anyone say their least favourite quarterback is the worst of the two? Likely not. Both are great and have their strengths, otherwise they wouldn't be there.

Same with DJ. Axl obviously sees his merits (as do I).
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2015, 01:37:53 PM »

People used to say the same shit about Robin. And Paul.... Some things never change.
Then the album came out and both names were in the song writing credits. Oops!

Keep voting for Dj. He's nominated because he's in GN'R and Sixx: A.M.... Smiley

/jarmo

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2015, 02:00:52 PM »

If the other two were available as options to vote on then it would be a harder decision to make, but considering he is the only person from my favorite band on that poll, there is no way I wouldn't vote for him.

He may not be as good as a technical player as the other two guys but Ballad of Death (his solo on the DVD, not sure if that's what it's called) is something that people always seem to really get into when I show them the DVD. If that is considered as part of his writing credits for the year 2014 (considering that is when the DVD was released), then he does have at least that GNR writing credit to judge him based off of. It's not much to go on, but so far so good!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: