Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 02:25:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Vote Dj Ashba '' Best Guitar 2014 ''
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vote Dj Ashba '' Best Guitar 2014 ''  (Read 29808 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 08:26:30 AM »

Grammar isn't also seemingly.

One of our rules here clearly state that you shouldn't make fun of somebody's grammar. Especially since the person in question might not be a native English speaker.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 09:24:57 AM »

You are quite specific with, ze rules there, Herr Jarmo?

What about making fun of other forums? I know a lot of other forums do not like to indulge in, 'forum wars', for obvious reasons, yet you have permitted this poster to head in this very direction?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2015, 09:51:54 AM »

Grammar isn't also seemingly.

Ya it sure takes a lot of skill to make a joke at someone else's expense when they are trying to post on fan forum that is obviously not in there native tongue.   
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2015, 11:10:46 AM »

You are quite specific with, ze rules there, Herr Jarmo?

Aww, a nazi reference. How original.
You come back with making fun of somebody else's grammar and now this?

It's deja vu all over again.

Don't get offended that he thinks that site is full of trolls. No, we don't play their silly forum war games.
But that was nothing. He was stating his opinion. Not more than that. Just like you were.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 05:40:31 PM »

The fact Slash & DJ are top goes go to show how good an online community GN'R have. When you consider how popular AC\DC are for example.

I'd like to see DJ win just to spite the mygnr dicks. Every show I've been to since 2009 I've left and overheard audience members praising DJ. I personally think he's the best thing to happen to GN'R since 2001. He may not be technicaly the best player in the band but in my opinion he is a much better fit than Robin. I hope he has a hand in any new release. I really enjoy his solo slots and his work with Sixx AM is good.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 07:47:22 PM »

The fact Slash & DJ are top goes go to show how good an online community GN'R have. When you consider how popular AC\DC are for example.

I'd like to see DJ win just to spite the mygnr dicks. Every show I've been to since 2009 I've left and overheard audience members praising DJ. I personally think he's the best thing to happen to GN'R since 2001. He may not be technicaly the best player in the band but in my opinion he is a much better fit than Robin. I hope he has a hand in any new release. I really enjoy his solo slots and his work with Sixx AM is good.
Yes i like DJ, his playing is solid, you know what he will play and he plays it great. the thing about Robin who i like very much also but some times he went a little over the top with his solos and licks, especially on the 06-07 tour with the 01-02 stuff i dont mind it at all.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 11:23:31 AM »

I thought Robin's live solos were painful on the ears.  Almost to the point I wondered if they were a practical joke.

But, his input in the creation of CD can't be overlooked or marginalized.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 11:47:37 AM »

Unfortunately for DJ, I think the GNR facebook post will garner more votes for Slash than DJ. Not that it matters, it's just a silly online poll.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 11:49:06 AM »

I liked the fact that Robin and Bucket didn't "look the part" of Guns N roses... because if you were going to have a totally different band... they might as well look completely different too.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 11:54:31 AM »

I liked the fact that Robin and Bucket didn't "look the part" of Guns N roses... because if you were going to have a totally different band... they might as well look completely different too.

I've heard this put out before, and I have to say I agree.

And if you don't believe it, look at the hate DJ gets.  A lot of it is because the perception is that he tries to look, pose, and generally be Slash.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 12:08:29 PM »

And if you don't believe it, look at the hate DJ gets.  A lot of it is because the perception is that he tries to look, pose, and generally be Slash.

I like DJ's non GNR look better than his GNR look. I don't judge how he plays because he's never been on a GNR record. So that wouldn't be fair.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2015, 12:12:07 PM »

I like DJ's non GNR look better than his GNR look. I don't judge how he plays because he's never been on a GNR record. So that wouldn't be fair.

Agreed.

I have him on a few concert bootlegs.  I actually like his solo spots, but as for what he brings to the table creatively?  I still have no clue.

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2015, 12:18:06 PM »

I don't see him trying to be Slash. He's got his own style- albeit born out of a love of Motley Crue. I think he respects the past of the band and hints at it in his stage pesona.

To be hired and respected by Motley Crue, Nikki Sixx, Neil Diamond & Axl Rose means he's obviously doing something right.

As I said  I've never seen/heard any hate towards him at actual shows.

Robins solo spots were indeed tedious & painful. His dress sense also left little to be desired...in my opinion. Love his work on Chinese however.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2015, 12:19:20 PM »

I don't see him trying to be Slash. He's got his own style- albeit born out of a love of Motley Crue. I think he respects the past of the band and hints at it in his stage pesona.

To be hired and respected by Motley Crue, Nikki Sixx, Neil Diamond & Axl Rose means he's obviously doing something right.

As I said  I've never seen/heard any hate towards him at actual shows.

Robins solo spots were indeed tedious & painful. His dress sense also left little to be desired...in my opinion. Love his work on Chinese however.

It's a subjective thing, and like its quite often pointed out... we have no say about who is in Guns N Roses haha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 06:57:13 PM »

Nice, you get to vote once an hour. So I guess the winner will be the one with the most dedicated online fan base. I will vote the shit out of DJ, at least it is some minor way that I can support the band.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
gnrfan1797
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 08:54:52 PM »

Voted for Slash, not because I don't like DJ cos I do like him. I just thought Slash had a better year.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2015, 08:58:15 PM »

Voted By DJ Ashba (GNR) or SLASH (Ex-Gnr)

Simply

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
mortismurphy
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2015, 07:06:44 AM »

''Guitarist of 2014'': it should actually be based upon their output as it was, 2014, and not their overall legacy as obviously Slash would beat DJ if it was just about legacy. In some ways it comes down to, what do you prefer, Modern Vintage or World On Fire? I voted for Angus Young based on the premise that I really like the new DC album. World on Fire however is a decent album also.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2015, 01:07:33 PM »

No comment.

Liar liar pants on fire.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
mortismurphy
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2015, 03:53:04 PM »

It is less a conviction of mine, more a saying.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: