Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 08:10:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Vote Dj Ashba '' Best Guitar 2014 ''
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vote Dj Ashba '' Best Guitar 2014 ''  (Read 29703 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2015, 09:55:07 AM »

If I hated Jarmo, would I really be here everyday?

Although that banning us all right before the album drops...that's good.  That's some 'Godfather' type shit there.

DX is dead.  So's sofine11, mortismurphy, and JAEBALL.  Today we settled all forum business.

I am not as negative as the aformentioned lol

I'm just glad I made it out alive in this scenario!  hihi

If you're a Six AM fan, and like their new album, then there's nothing wrong with voting for DJ.  It's tough to vote for him based on his contributions to Guns, which is really just playing riffs that other people created.  Now, if they turn BOD (which I really like) into a song, that's a different story. 

Yeah, you should have been killed in that montage too.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2015, 09:57:48 AM »

If I hated Jarmo, would I really be here everyday?

Although that banning us all right before the album drops...that's good.  That's some 'Godfather' type shit there.

DX is dead.  So's sofine11, mortismurphy, and JAEBALL.  Today we settled all forum business.

I am not as negative as the aformentioned lol

I'm just glad I made it out alive in this scenario!  hihi

If you're a Six AM fan, and like their new album, then there's nothing wrong with voting for DJ.  It's tough to vote for him based on his contributions to Guns, which is really just playing riffs that other people created.  Now, if they turn BOD (which I really like) into a song, that's a different story. 

Yeah, you should have been killed in that montage too.

Shit...that's what I thought.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »

a different stage show for the first time in 10 years

Please explain this part. I want more details about the stage show that's been the same for ten years.

Once again, if you think you can blurt out any kind of nonsense without me noticing, you're wrong. So, please, some evidence that the stage show was the same in 2006 was it was in 2010. For example.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2015, 12:07:41 PM »

a different stage show for the first time in 10 years

Please explain this part. I want more details about the stage show that's been the same for ten years.

Sure thing, buddy.

You can pretty much do the setlist off the top of your head.

I'm sure you will get DEEP into the semantics and point out a different song here or there.  I'd expect nothing less. 

But, on balance, here has been your show for the past 10 years :

Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry / Estranged
Better
Rocket Queen
Live And Let Die
This I Love
Street Of Dreams / Catcher In The Rye
You Could Be Mine
Sweet Child O' Mine
November Rain
Don't Cry
The Seeker / Don't Let It Bring You Down
Civil War
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Madagascar
Whole Lotta Rosie / The Seeker
Patience
Paradise City

Like I said earlier, I'm sure you'll get hard to work "proving" how different it all was because they played 'Prostitute' that time.  Or when YCBM was the opener that one night.  Or one of the few times 'There Was A Time' made the cut.  You get to work on all that.

But, on balance, that has been the show for several legs of this neverending tour.  And you can do it off the top of your head, just about perfectly in order.

Those song by song updates you do?  You do realize that we could pretty much do them all with you at the same time, right?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2015, 12:12:24 PM »

Please don't use the term "stage show" to whine about the actual setlist. It's confusing.
Thanks.

Regarding the rest of your post:  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2015, 12:29:16 PM »

Please don't use the term "stage show" to whine about the actual setlist. It's confusing.
Thanks.

Good save.

Regarding the rest of your post:  Roll Eyes

That make you feel better?

setlist.fm is a thing, Jarmo.  Its all right there in black and white.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2015, 12:37:45 PM »

You should be happy they managed to play all those shows, considering you're there to remind people of their reputation of canceling shows! 
I'm sure you can see the irony in you telling people that and then wishing there would be more bootlegs of the Las Vegas shows. Cheesy

Funny how things go sometimes....

Wonder where they get those setlists from?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2015, 12:43:34 PM »

You should be happy they managed to play all those shows, considering you're there to remind people of their reputation of canceling shows! 
I'm sure you can see the irony in you telling people that and then wishing there would be more bootlegs of the Las Vegas shows. Cheesy

Funny how things go sometimes....

Hey, I'm just glad we were able to get over that whole "stage show" vs. "set list" situation.  That was really, really confusing.

Wonder where they get those setlists from?

Oh, someone just makes them up to make Axl look bad.  We discuss it in the meetings.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2015, 12:47:10 PM »

Hey, I'm just glad we were able to get over that whole "stage show" vs. "set list" situation.  That was really, really confusing.

Like i said:  Roll Eyes
Once again, for a person who didn't attend any shows since 2011. You saved some money! Be happy!

And you always have Youtube for your concert reviews.  ok

Oh, someone just makes them up to make Axl look bad.  We discuss it in the meetings.

You can't even answer a simple question.

Still time to vote for Dj.

Just remember, the ones telling you not to vote for Dj have some sort of reasons. They don't wanna vote for a GN'R member because they prefer another band's guitarist, they haven't liked GN'R in years or whatever. But this is a GN'R fan site, voting for GN'R, or a GN'R member in this case, isn't weird at all!

So for all the supportive fans out there, go vote for Dj! A vote for Dj is a vote for GN'R!

I'm sure all the supportive fans who tell otherwise would agree with that. Even though once they have a chance to show their support, it's nowhere to be seen because it's "pointless"... One click is too much to ask.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:56:50 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2015, 12:59:49 PM »

You can't even answer a simple question.

This, from the guy that puffed out his chest and now runs from the conversation like a scalded dog once he saw no hope.

Look, I get it.  You have no counterargument.  The same as it ever was setlist is what it is.  You can't dispute it.  So in the past 3 posts you have tried something, ANYTHING else :

- feigned confusion over stage show vs. setlist
- what I said about canceled shows...A YEAR AGO
- whether I wanted Las Vegas bootlegs
- money I saved

Basically, ANYTHING that avoids having to talk about the setlist conversation, which is a loser for you.

But you know what?  I'll bite on the setlist.fm thing.  Please, oh please tell me what I missing.  Don't keep me in suspense.  What's the point I'm missing on that part of all this?  You've brought it up and then referenced it again.  You obviously have something you want to tell me very badly.

Let's have it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2015, 01:12:22 PM »

You said "STAGE SHOW". How am I supposed to know you were gonna whine about the setlists for shows you didn't attend for the umpteenth time? I have very little interest in that discussion because honestly, I don't give a fuck about what you like or dislike about those setlists.

I'm just reminding you of all the complaining you do and how you like to be negative, then that turns out not working in your favor. I find it ironic. That's all. Cheesy

Seriously, not every fucking thread has to be about how you don't agree with Axl's way of promoting Chinese Democracy, the setlists of shows you didn't attend or whether or not he should've made your day by attending the RNRHOF. Simple.

But you know what?  I'll bite on the setlist.fm thing.  Please, oh please tell me what I missing.  Don't keep me in suspense.  What's the point I'm missing on that part of all this?  You've brought it up and then referenced it again.  You obviously have something you want to tell me very badly.

Let's have it.

I asked you where do you think they get their setlists?

I don't know if you're aware that many of those setlists were posted here. Are you aware that some of the shows you claim you could have posted updates along with me only had myself keeping track of what was played?

So why are you bringing up that site in the first place? Is it just your way of trying to seem smart? Like you found some secret site nobody else knows about and want to lecture us uninformed?

By the way, you're welcome! Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2015, 01:16:09 PM »

You said "STAGE SHOW". How am I supposed to know you were gonna whine about the setlists for shows you didn't attend for the umpteenth time? I have very little interest in that discussion because honestly, I don't give a fuck about what you like or dislike about those setlists.

...or, you saw that conversation was doomed, so you pivot to all this supposed confusion over the two terms.  Because that is what is important here.

Its DEFINITELY one of those two things at work here.  No question.

Let's have it.

I asked you where do you think they get their setlists?

I don't know if you're aware that many of those setlists were posted here. Are you aware that some of the shows you claim you could have posted updates along with me only had myself keeping track of what was played?

So why are you bringing up that site in the first place? Is it just your way of trying to seem smart? Like you found some secret site nobody else knows about and want to lecture us uninformed?

By the way, you're welcome! Smiley

Yeah, thanks for all that. 

Illuminating stuff.  Game changer.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2015, 01:21:14 PM »

...or, you saw that conversation was doomed, so you pivot to all this supposed confusion over the two terms.  Because that is what is important here.

No, I saw the phrase stage show and I assumed whoever used that knows that it can be interpreted in the production sense.
Unfortunately, the person doesn't realize the fact that he could've been more specific in his whining. Cheesy

It takes a special kind of person to go on a site that's provided hundreds of updates during shows/tours and point out that another site with setlists exist, and try to discredit the actual updates as nothing.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2015, 01:26:30 PM »

No, I saw the phrase stage show and I assumed whoever used that knows that it can be interpreted in the production sense.
Unfortunately, the person doesn't realize the fact that he could've been more specific in his whining. Cheesy

It's all so confusing.

It takes a special kind of person to go on a site that's provided hundreds of updates during shows/tours and point out that another site with setlists exist, and try to discredit the actual updates as nothing.

Remember that persecution complex conversation were we having in the other folder?  Let's just move this post right on over there.  Jesus Christ.

I was not trying to discredit all the updates you do.  Calm down.  I simply said that the show is so predictable, we could pretty much do them along with you, because there is that little variety.  Both in terms of songs played and their order. 

To be honest, I can't say I'm not disappointed in this part of this.  A big part of me thought you were going to come with some sort of talk that the setlist.fm site was not legit, or was being manipulated, or other such tin foil hat talk.  You got my hopes up.

Its a bit of a disappointment to see that you were simply smarting from what you saw as a perceived slight that didn't really happen.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2015, 01:30:24 PM »

Complex? No Just see a smart ass who goes around in the topics.
Even one about voting for Dj Ashba for Guitarist of the year has to be about the setlist.

I would suggest you make Dead Horse your new home. But then again, you don't get the attention you crave there because most of us are bored of your interesting topics.....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2015, 01:34:31 PM »

Complex? No Just see a smart ass who goes around in the topics.
Even one about voting for Dj Ashba for Guitarist of the year has to be about the setlist.

I would suggest you make Dead Horse your new home. But then again, you don't get the attention you crave there because most of us are bored of your interesting topics.....

Hey, you started us down this road this morning, champ.  Check the logs.

You can't ask for a discussion on a topic, then once it goes horribly, chide the other guy for answering your question in the first place.  Doesn't work like that.

You want to move all this, then move it.  I probably would, in your spot, based on how it went.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:42:00 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2015, 01:44:22 PM »

Here you go Mr "I didn't bring up the setlist":

If the next moves are forward thinking (new album, a different stage show for the first time in 10 years) the running in place redundancy of the past few years will be forgotten.

That's your post by the way.

Apology accepted!

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »

Here you go Mr "I didn't bring up the setlist":

If the next moves are forward thinking (new album, a different stage show for the first time in 10 years) the running in place redundancy of the past few years will be forgotten.

That's your post by the way.

Apology accepted!

It is.

And then you got all muscled up and dared me to clarify.  Shit, DEMANDED, I clarify.  Because you were not going to stand for it and were going to set me straight.

I did as you asked, and it blew up on you.  If you don't go getting a case of the chest puffs, the last 2 pages never happen.

Any lawyer will tell you to never ask a question you don't already have the answer to.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2015, 02:00:11 PM »

Blew up on me? Cheesy
Yeah, congratulations on that. Good job!

The fact that most of us have zero interest to discuss setlists with you should tell you how interesting your discussions really are at this point.

I'm sure those lawyers would also tell you that you can't sell Coke as Pepsi and excuse yourself with "that's what I meant". Stage show <-> setlist.  Smiley

/jarmo

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2015, 08:52:09 PM »

Do you ever get the feeling that the only reason some people post here is because if they said the same thing on mygnr their comment would not stand out? If they made the same comment there it would hardly be noticeable because it would go with the grain but here it gets a lot of attention. Ultimately company is company and I wouldn't wish banishment on anyone but some of the antics that go on around here are really puzzling.

I often see people complain about or insult Jarmo and his way of doing things yet they feel obligated to post on Jarmo's website. How does this make any sense? It's like sticking around in some guys house and constantly saying things you know are going to piss him off, then getting upset when he talks back to you or tells you that he will not stand for such a thing being said in his home. He is a pretty nice host, all things considered.

The thing is, you (in the plural sense, i.e. Jarmo and supporters) obviously construe debates in a far more negative light than I do; I usually find a situation in which, two views are being thrashed out, a rather interesting agenda. I never see it negative even if I disagree with every word in it. I find it very interesting when applied, to high politics, just as much as a low brow rock group. I can only speak for myself but I am always aware that it is just about a 'rock band' and always employ humour, and see the scenario in a sort of, comedic light (rather than any sort of 'malice') - yes, even when I am ridiculing Jarmo. Yet the people here seem to have, some great fear of them, as if they are unhinging the forum, an aberration against the natural order of things that Jarmo has established.

Just how much lacking in confidence about Guns N' Roses must you be, to think that two argumentative by good humoured chaps such as myself and DGX can pose such a threat to the forum?

That's good. While you're at it, why not call yourself attractive and intelligent?

I have had all sorts of rubbish in my inbox telling me to effectively 'go away', I have been 'warned', I have had people saying I am 'mental', I have been told to 'fuck off' (surely contravening http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=14144.0 but I now realise that there are two codes of conduct here, one for supporters and one for everyone else), for what is, simply, a bunch of disagreements on a forum about a rather ridiculous rock band.

None of that inbox stuff was from me. Whoever is doing that, I do not endorse it at all.

It is sort of ironic that the most blatant negativity (in my view) actually comes from the advocates of 'positivity'. I have never seen any of the so called 'whiners' tell people to 'fuck off'. I am guessing (but I of course cannot be certain) they do not send mindless drivel via inboxes either. Posing this point: Just who is being negative and who is being positive here?

Mortis, I just want Ashba to win the damn poll. I've been voting for him a shitload. It's just my (and many others') tiny little way of supporting the band. You aren't exactly helping. Whether whatever you are doing is objectively right or wrong or whatever, I don't know and don't really care, but it is certainly annoying considering my own wishes. I know I don't speak for everyone, I can only speak for myself. I do not claim to be objective and also, I think the idea of someone on this board saying they are more objective than someone else is ridiculous. What can I say to such a person but "Well, OK. It's your world, I just live in it." Anyway, I think in this instance it is not that I am asking anyone to be positive, I am just asking them to be supportive. This is an actual tangible way to support GNR and it is very easy to do. Does it matter all that much if he wins or not? Probably not. It would just be kind of neat.

I do not see how these debates offer such a threat to this forum considering GN'R are completely inactive these days. Presumably if me or Generation stopped posting, the forum would simply revert to its default position of, ''Happy Birthday Richard Fortus'' threads, and ''keep on mindlessly voting'' in silly poll encouragements. Do the people here honestly find these type of posts, interesting? I suppose they do fit your criteria of, 'positivity' so they must please you.

I think you have an over inflated sense of self importance. If you and DX were to leave (not that I would want you to), something else would fill the vacuum. You make it sound like all the posters here (with the exception of you two) are not intelligent enough (or too brainwashed) to have interesting conversations. You know what, I think you're right. Forget about DX (not sure why you consider yourself and him as so similar, you are actually substantially different)! Everyone is here for you! Without you, all we would ever talk about would be rainbows and butterflies. It would be a real creepy Orwellian scenario. In case you couldn't tell, that's what I really want to happen. That's what everybody that disagrees with you wants.    hihi

Edited for adding new content: For those that care, keep those votes comin'! DJ is now at 13.81 which puts him in third. He is far from the lowest in the poll. The guy from Linkin Park is catching up to him. Zakk Wylde and Slash are just about tied for first at around 26% a piece. If I'm not mistaken, it takes (or at least did when I was trying to figure it out) about a hundred votes to change one full percent. Not sure, but I'm guessing that changes as the total number of votes increases.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:44:41 AM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: