Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:39:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 260454 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #940 on: August 11, 2015, 10:20:56 AM »

Honestly what was with the Yankee fans in this series

For one thing. All I could hear over the TV were blue jay chants

First game dumb fan can't catch a home run.   That ends up being a home run!   Bs

Last game.  A Yankee fan body checks your first baseman going for a foul ball.  Almost took his head off

A Yankee fan. Throws a home run back onto the field.  And nails your left fielder right in the back of the head

Lol priceless

Even the Yankee fans couldn't get it right!

I will not respond to this troll worthy post...

Not to a fan of a team who hasn't played a playoff game in 20 years.  Cheesy
You just did.  hihi

Ehhh haha.

Trolling GNR fans on a GNR fan site rightfully deserves impalement by a Les Paul, but some good-natured trolling is fair game in the Sports sections.  Otherwise you guys would never mention the Mets! (Except Tim!).
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #941 on: August 11, 2015, 10:21:13 AM »

Who knows how the last 50 or so games go. But the Jays are 11-1 since they traded for Tulo. It's doubtful that they can quite keep up that pace, but they're getting good pitching. Price has helped stabilize the rotation and the bullpen is reworked. They could be a pretty scary team come October.

The Yanks were playing quite well heading into the Toronto series, but their bats have gone cold since scoring 25 runs in 2 games against Chicago and Boston. They've scored 4 runs in 5 games since. You're obviously not going to win a lot of games with that output. Maybe the off day will recharge the bats. Although, Cleveland is throwing some pretty good pitchers this series. They are righties though, so that should help.

I think the two knuckle ballers they faced put a big wrench in their hot streak. Not an excuse, they were due to cool off, but hopefully they get back on track in Cleveland.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #942 on: August 11, 2015, 10:21:52 AM »

First game dumb fan can't catch a home run.   That ends up being a home run!   Bs

Last game.  A Yankee fan body checks your first baseman going for a foul ball.  Almost took his head off

A Yankee fan. Throws a home run back onto the field.  And nails your left fielder right in the back of the head

Lol priceless

You just did.  hihi

Ehhh haha.

Trolling GNR fans on a GNR fan site rightfully deserves impalement by a Les Paul, but some good-natured trolling is fair game in the Sports sections.  Otherwise you guys would never mention the Mets! (Except Tim!).

Bacon's post was a low blow... win with some dignity lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #943 on: August 11, 2015, 10:25:27 AM »

Lol priceless

You just did.  hihi

Ehhh haha.

Maybe, but Gardner getting plunked was pretty funny.   peace
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #944 on: August 11, 2015, 10:27:26 AM »

Lol priceless

You just did.  hihi

Ehhh haha.

Maybe, but Gardner getting plunked was pretty funny.   peace

Ha i laughed too... maybe it will wake him up....

How he doesn't have one stolen base in going on 40 games is mind boggling to me....

George... I'm going tot he met game on friday night with some buddies.. so i'll check in with my Citi Field experience for you... hoping the shake shack line isnt too ridiculous!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #945 on: August 11, 2015, 10:35:09 AM »

George... I'm going tot he met game on friday night with some buddies.. so i'll check in with my Citi Field experience for you... hoping the shake shack line isnt too ridiculous!

Have a great time... Bartolo Colon is lined up to pitch that game.  Him at bat is sports entertainment at its finest. 

I hate the Shake Shack lines... figure 2 innings minimum.  Made that mistake once, never again.  Now I just go to the Premio stand, get a sausage & pepper hero... that and a beer or 2 and I'm good to go. 
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #946 on: August 11, 2015, 01:23:59 PM »

Lol priceless

You just did.  hihi

Ehhh haha.

Hahahhaa
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #947 on: August 11, 2015, 01:28:19 PM »

Lol priceless

You just did.  hihi

Ehhh haha.

Oh I just threw a little salt on that giant cut on the bums of Yankees fans. From the but kicking you got

But there is always this weekend.  And if my but gets kicked I will take it like a man

Looking forward to this Oakland series    Should be way more competitive.   Hahaha

Let go Indians!

Let's go blue jays!!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #948 on: August 11, 2015, 02:54:43 PM »

Nothing like a little a little American League (L)East back and forth - yippee!!! (blatant troll, I know... Wink)

Now, onto big boy baseball - Pirates in STL for 3 starting tonight, 2 of the top 3 teams in MLB going at it.

The Pirates are really good, fun to watch as well. 

Busch will be rockin, 47k a night all clad in red - it'll be a playoff environment for sure. yes

EDIT: I  have a shitty feeling about this series... nervous
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:51:55 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #949 on: August 11, 2015, 07:27:57 PM »

Nothing like a little a little American League (L)East back and forth - yippee!!! (blatant troll, I know... Wink)

Now, onto big boy baseball - Pirates in STL for 3 starting tonight, 2 of the top 3 teams in MLB going at it.

The Pirates are really good, fun to watch as well. 

Busch will be rockin, 47k a night all clad in red - it'll be a playoff environment for sure. yes

EDIT: I  have a shitty feeling about this series... nervous

I need to pick a NL team to follow as I actually really like the game play on that side of the fence

I might just wait till Montreal gets a team again

Or just borrow a team till then

Really don't know how to pick a team.  Which is why I really don't watch the nfl.   Who would I cheer for?   There is no home teams.   You are just supposed to pick a team because you like there jersey?

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #950 on: August 11, 2015, 09:51:10 PM »

Clutch hutch win!

Jays never used to win games when they only scored 4 runs

Not any more baby!

Not any more!

Go jays!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #951 on: August 11, 2015, 09:55:46 PM »

Let's go Indians!

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #952 on: August 12, 2015, 12:11:17 AM »

Are you watching it? 16 innings! Both teams better hope their starters give them innings the rest of this series.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #953 on: August 12, 2015, 12:20:56 AM »

Indians!
What he'd all the innings after the great jays game

Looked liked the Yankees didn't have any bull pen control than the last available arm got tired and that was it

Bums

Arnt the Indians pretty low in the standings?

Oh I love me some Indians baby!!!

Love it!

Go jays!

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #954 on: August 12, 2015, 12:27:26 AM »

And they started a stretch of 16 consecutive days with a game. Starters better give the pen some rest or there's big trouble coming.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #955 on: August 12, 2015, 12:51:20 AM »

Indians!
What he'd all the innings after the great jays game

Looked liked the Yankees didn't have any bull pen control than the last available arm got tired and that was it

Bums

Arnt the Indians pretty low in the standings?

Oh I love me some Indians baby!!!

Love it!

Go jays!

The Indians have solid starting pitching. Some great young power arms, but their offense is pretty inept. Outhit the Yanks 17-8 on the night though. 8 hits in 16 innings isn't very good. Offense continues to struggle.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #956 on: August 12, 2015, 08:07:53 AM »

I'm really glad I fell asleep early last night.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #957 on: August 12, 2015, 10:01:27 AM »

Really don't know how to pick a team.  Which is why I really don't watch the nfl.   Who would I cheer for?   There is no home teams.   You are just supposed to pick a team because you like there jersey?

I think certain NFL teams have a specific association or brand that draws a type of fan.  For example, outside of their home fans, teams like the Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders and Bears, have national fan bases that tend to draw different types of fans and, in my experience at least, not sure why, but each of the fan bases for those teams tend to be quite different groups of people, as far as personalities go.  I think the more you watch, you'll come to identify more with one of those franchises over the others and then you go with that team. 

...or, pick any team but the Jets and you'll be fine.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #958 on: August 12, 2015, 11:16:32 AM »

I'm really glad I fell asleep early last night.

Miller was PAINFUL to watch.  And as soon as he blew the lead, you knew they weren't winning last night.

And then they wore out the pen.

Yup, again...I blame Cash.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #959 on: August 12, 2015, 02:00:31 PM »

1/2 a game baby
 1/2 a game!

I think the jays are still in the Yankees kitchen.   

The past series was it.   Same thing happened to the twins

The other teams would rather watch the jays and be fans.  Than have to play them

Plus the Yankees stink!

Go jays!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: