Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:01:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 260849 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1480 on: October 16, 2015, 02:58:32 PM »

I'm more worried about whether the Mets' pitching can hold up against that monster Cubs lineup. 

I think the Mets pitching will be fine, the Cubs strike out a ton and won't be playing day games with the wind blowing out.

I look for the Mets to advance in 6  (the thought of Joe Maddon mugging for the cameras anymore than he already does make me want to hurl).

Rooting for KC all the way in the AL (and beyond), my last living uncle is towards the end of his life and is a huge Royal fan - a Royals World Series Crown would be a helluva cool thing for him to enjoy.

I'm still pissed about '85 though. rant

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1481 on: October 16, 2015, 03:40:06 PM »

If the Mets can't beat the Cubbies I'll root for them in the WS. I mean how can you not root for a team that hasn't won since 1908! I know it's been awhile for the Mets, Royals and Jays too but at least they've all won in the last 30 years.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:02:50 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1482 on: October 16, 2015, 08:59:33 PM »

Let's go Jays

Estrada is a stud once again

This KC pitcher is pitching way to hard.   Will be surprised to see him last 5 with out getting lit up

Let's go Jays!!!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1483 on: October 16, 2015, 11:31:28 PM »

Let's go Jays

Estrada is a stud once again

This KC pitcher is pitching way to hard.   Will be surprised to see him last 5 with out getting lit up

Let's go Jays!!!
Care to revise that statement lol.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1484 on: October 17, 2015, 06:33:00 PM »

Terrible managing and defense this inning. Price should've been out of the game after the second run scored.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1485 on: October 17, 2015, 06:43:42 PM »

And he's left in to fully blow it. Atrocious.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1486 on: October 17, 2015, 08:22:24 PM »

Jays party way to hard after winning.    They are all hung over and can't score

Price was left way to long in the game.  I agree.   Put Lowe in there.  Never put loup in a ball game.  How he has a job I will never know.  How th Jays have zero lefties in there bull pen blows my mind. 

Going to be tough to come back from this
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1487 on: October 17, 2015, 08:58:20 PM »

Way way too long. You remove a struggling pitcher before he not only blows the lead but gives it up completely to where you're trailing. That horrible defensive play started the downfall. I really don't see them coming back from this.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1488 on: October 17, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »

Now that's using your body to get the out Matt. Off the shoulder off your ass pick it up and throw him out at first.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1489 on: October 18, 2015, 01:14:59 AM »

The Jays would be the one team in the history that would be able to come back from this

However.   Tonight's loss was such a ego crusher.   Good luck to them

Go Jays!!!!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1490 on: October 18, 2015, 02:18:18 AM »

I have been analyzing the Jays series in my mind here

I think if they win the next two.  They will win the series

They can't loose and win.   They need the next two.  Then the third is a wash.     Win two.  Then they win
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1491 on: October 18, 2015, 02:18:52 AM »

Go Jays
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1492 on: October 18, 2015, 05:02:06 PM »

Being at home should help the Jays, but their vaunted offense is being tamed by better pitching. That's what usually happens in October, but it's not like Volquez and Ventura are Cy Young candidates. Both show flashes of greatness, but if Toronto can't hit they're obviously in trouble. What's up with Price in the playoffs? He's obviously going to get paid, but I wonder if teams will think twice about throwing him hundreds of millions. Probably not, but I'd be a little less excited about the Sox going after him with what he's shown of late.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1493 on: October 18, 2015, 10:15:56 PM »

Some pitchers just can't handle the pressure in October for whatever reason. In his defenses though, he was left in too long by Gibbons. He was clearly tiring in that inning and Gibbons waited way too long to get someone going in the pen.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1494 on: October 18, 2015, 10:23:18 PM »

Btw, is it just me or is Darling's memory going south in a hurry. He has no idea how many homeruns Murphy has or even what damn inning it is most the time. He's screwed up both during this broadcast.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1495 on: October 19, 2015, 09:00:39 AM »

Some pitchers just can't handle the pressure in October for whatever reason. In his defenses though, he was left in too long by Gibbons. He was clearly tiring in that inning and Gibbons waited way too long to get someone going in the pen.

He was just left in too long.  But in fairness to gibbons.  Price looked fanatic up until that outfield error in the 7th

He retired 19 straight.  He set a record for most strike outs for a Jays pitcher in the post season

The reason the Jays lost 2 games in KC was not there pitching.   It was there lack of ability to drive in runs.  They left 23 base runners stranded in scoring position.    If they keep that up they deserve to be swept
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1496 on: October 19, 2015, 11:10:52 AM »

Daniel Murphy is beyond unconscious right now.  He's had his hot streaks over the years for the Mets, but nothing remotely like this.  He's a free agent this offseason and the Mets front brass have been pretty upfront about having no intention of re-signing him.  And all indications are that their position has not been changed by the fact that's he's carrying the team offensively in the playoffs. 

Plenty of mediocre players over the years have for some reason turned into absolute studs in the playoffs.  On the other hand, there are a few players who suddenly put it together later in their career.  It's possible that's the case with Murphy, as he's been a different hitter since August 1st.  It hasn't only been the playoffs, though he's obviously taken it up a notch the past week or so.

Curious about how you guys might feel about your team signing him and what his market value might be.  I'm thinking 4 years / $50M, maybe even 5 years / $60M. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1497 on: October 19, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »

If the Mets were smart they'd kiss his ass in the offseason and resign him. Without him they're nowhere near 2 wins away from the world series. The're playing golf right now.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1498 on: October 19, 2015, 12:22:11 PM »

He was just left in too long.  But in fairness to gibbons.  Price looked fanatic up until that outfield error in the 7th

He retired 19 straight.  He set a record for most strike outs for a Jays pitcher in the post season

The reason the Jays lost 2 games in KC was not there pitching.   It was there lack of ability to drive in runs.  They left 23 base runners stranded in scoring position.    If they keep that up they deserve to be swept
Lack of run support will definitely kill you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1499 on: October 19, 2015, 02:03:57 PM »

If the Mets were smart they'd kiss his ass in the offseason and resign him. Without him they're nowhere near 2 wins away from the world series. The're playing golf right now.

No denying that, absolutely.  But would Cashman give him $60M to be Yanks' 2nd baseman?  I think he would pass based on determining that Murphy is more likely to be the player he's been for most of the past 7 seasons, rather than the player he's been the past 2 weeks.  I'm not sure if that's the correct analysis in Murphy's specific case, but I think a lot of GMs will see things that way. 
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: