Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 04:44:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 263020 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1420 on: October 11, 2015, 11:39:06 PM »

Jays will win

I see it
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1421 on: October 12, 2015, 12:03:33 AM »

I didn't see most the game. I fell asleep oops lol.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1422 on: October 12, 2015, 12:05:06 AM »

Jays will win

I see it
Don't get too confident. Rangers do still have the home game tomorrow to try and end it.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1423 on: October 12, 2015, 12:27:46 AM »

Jays will win

I see it
Don't get too confident. Rangers do still have the home game tomorrow to try and end it.

They have zero pitching left

And can't hit the breaking ball

Dickey will be fine

Then the combo of price and stroman in game 5 will be enough

That smile on tulos face was a monkey off a cracked back.   

The boys have learnt not to swing at everything

The dome better be open for game 5!!!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1424 on: October 12, 2015, 01:01:05 PM »

Met Dodger game is must watch tonight.

You don't like baseball if you can't get into this game.

Harvey HAS to beat Anderson in order to have any chance to grab this series.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1425 on: October 12, 2015, 06:00:04 PM »

Dickey was really pitching well.  And has a 6 run lead.  I really don't u sweat and pulling him and putting in price.  I guess price will be available weds from the bullpen as well.  With a Jays hopefull/likely win tonight.  Stroman will be pitching
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1426 on: October 12, 2015, 06:00:53 PM »

Met Dodger game is must watch tonight.

You don't like baseball if you can't get into this game.

Harvey HAS to beat Anderson in order to have any chance to grab this series.

That fucker better not throw at Utley.  He has to have some semblance of a brain to realize that if he does that and gets booted from the game, the predictable media hot takes will be that he did it purposely to get out of pitching and preserve his precious arm.  More importantly, we'd end up losing the game and likely the series.  

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1427 on: October 13, 2015, 12:01:52 AM »

Well it's irrelevant since Utley didn't play.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1428 on: October 13, 2015, 12:54:44 AM »

Cubbies and Mets a win away from the NLCS. Who would've predicted that a few days ago. Rooting for them both tomorrow. Sorry falcon  Smiley
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1429 on: October 13, 2015, 09:12:13 AM »

Cubbies and Mets a win away from the NLCS. Who would've predicted that a few days ago. Rooting for them both tomorrow. Sorry falcon  Smiley

Can't count out the Cards yet, and can;t dismiss Kershaw and Greinke either... but I think Mets and Cubs will prevail.

If you go up and down the rosters right now with Chi/St Louis... it's a mismatch.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1430 on: October 13, 2015, 10:04:19 AM »

Can't count out the Cards yet, and can;t dismiss Kershaw and Greinke either... but I think Mets and Cubs will prevail.

If you go up and down the rosters right now with Chi/St Louis... it's a mismatch.

Definitely wouldn't count out the Cards.  Granted, they're dealing with some major injuries right now, but there was never any point in the season where on paper they looked like a 100+ win team, but yet... same old Cards. 

And, of course, Dodgers have the league's 2 best pitchers coming up, no way that series is over. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1431 on: October 13, 2015, 10:58:20 AM »

Definitely not counting them out at all. The cards have been here before and know how to win. So anything can happen, but i think the Cubs are the best team right now. I'm not sold that Kershaw can keep it going tonight. His playoff history isn't great.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1432 on: October 13, 2015, 01:15:02 PM »

Utley's hearing not until the 19th. Total bullshit, what's the point if it isn't going to affect this series.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1433 on: October 13, 2015, 02:20:09 PM »

Yadier Molina out today vs Cubs.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1434 on: October 13, 2015, 02:26:02 PM »

Utley's hearing not until the 19th. Total bullshit, what's the point if it isn't going to affect this series.

I don't think it would affect the series anyway because I think he'll win the appeal.  Was the slide against the rules?  Sure, but there's no precedent for this suspension.  All the years I've been watching baseball, I've never seen any umpire apply that rule in a game.  And, as egregious as that slide was, there have been worse that have gone unpenalized.  So he'll walk into the appeal with video of dozens of slides worse than his that were neither called in the game (just like his wasn't) nor punished after the fact.

Rather than make this all about Utley, the league simply needs to mandate that umpires apply the existing rule prohibiting these kinds of slides.  No suspensions or rule changes, just enforce the rules you have.  Because, as it stands now, a rule that is not enforced is not a rule, so even though I disagree with it I get the perspective of those who argue that it was legal.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1435 on: October 13, 2015, 03:32:37 PM »

Applying the rules is something they're having issues with. They're literally making up shit as they go along this postseason. if they had any interest in enforcing the rules Utley would've been out.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1436 on: October 13, 2015, 04:00:38 PM »

Applying the rules is something they're having issues with. They're literally making up shit as they go along this postseason. if they had any interest in enforcing the rules Utley would've been out.

Right, and not just Utley, but the batter on the way to 1st is out as well under the rule.  Mets then would have been out of the inning up 2-1.  Whatever, these things happen, it's over, should be forgotten and focus on nothing other than closing it out tonight.  Otherwise, hope the league starts enforcing that rule going forward. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1437 on: October 13, 2015, 05:21:19 PM »

Lackey is a big game pitcher. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he pitched a great game today and forced a game 5. Off to a good start, 2-0 off a Piscotty HR.

And it looks like I may have jinxed him, now 4-2 Cubs.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 05:28:52 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1438 on: October 13, 2015, 06:19:20 PM »

Lackey is a big game pitcher. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he pitched a great game today and forced a game 5. Off to a good start, 2-0 off a Piscotty HR.

And it looks like I may have jinxed him, now 4-2 Cubs.

Haha spoke too soon my friend. Smiley
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1439 on: October 13, 2015, 06:20:04 PM »

Right, and not just Utley, but the batter on the way to 1st is out as well under the rule.  Mets then would have been out of the inning up 2-1.  Whatever, these things happen, it's over, should be forgotten and focus on nothing other than closing it out tonight.  Otherwise, hope the league starts enforcing that rule going forward. 
Gotta end it tonight imo. Don't wanna go back to LA and face Greinke.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: