Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:09:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)  (Read 77942 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2014, 05:15:09 PM »

"There's a wealth of material that's been recorded and written and a lot of it's done, a lot of it's being done and I  know there's people going through it now and it'll be out soon," explain Dizzy.

I wonder what that "a lot of it's being done" part means? Being done as in they are still recording certain parts? Or mixing certain parts?

Also, not that it counts for much, and who knows whether it was intentional or not, but I noticed he didn't say "hopefully will be out soon", he said "it'll (it will) be out soon. Am I right about that or did I miss something there? Doesn't he usually say "hopefully"?

14 tracks is really a lot of material. CD is probably one of the longer CDs I own. I hope we get that much again! I'm sure whatever we get will be great though.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:21:13 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2014, 10:02:43 AM »

Also I hope the album cover features a picture of me ...

Because then I could hold it over all of your heads.

"Slashsbaconpit, you're such an ass."
"Yeah, but I'm on the cover of a GNR album."
"Doh!"

It will be great.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »

"There's a wealth of material that's been recorded and written and a lot of it's done, a lot of it's being done and I  know there's people going through it now and it'll be out soon," explain Dizzy.

I wonder what that "a lot of it's being done" part means? Being done as in they are still recording certain parts? Or mixing certain parts?

The bit I don't get is the "people going through it" part.  What do you figure that means?

Why wouldn't he just say "we" are looking at it?  Who are these people?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2014, 08:06:20 AM »

The bit I don't get is the "people going through it" part.  What do you figure that means?

Why wouldn't he just say "we" are looking at it?  Who are these people?

The people who make decisions. The people who have to work on them in order for the tracks to be released? So many possibilities!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2014, 08:30:06 AM »

So you think these are people other than the band themselves?  Like an A&R type?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2014, 08:43:15 AM »

So you think these are people other than the band themselves?  Like an A&R type?

It could be band, it could be management, it could be engineers, it could be record company people.
It doesn't really specify.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2014, 10:01:55 AM »

It could be band, it could be management, it could be engineers, it could be record company people.
It doesn't really specify.

/jarmo

I would imagine all of the above to some extent, if in fact they are getting serious about putting this out soon.  DJ's gone from touting the 10 songs he wrote to just being hopeful he can make his mark on the tracks Axl already has recorded.  To me, this is a good thing.  Less material to tinker with and write and record vocals for.  Who knows, maybe DJ has already done this on a few tracks and they're just waiting for final mixing and mastering?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2014, 10:15:06 AM »

I would imagine all of the above to some extent, if in fact they are getting serious about putting this out soon.  DJ's gone from touting the 10 songs he wrote to just being hopeful he can make his mark on the tracks Axl already has recorded.  To me, this is a good thing.  Less material to tinker with and write and record vocals for.  Who knows, maybe DJ has already done this on a few tracks and they're just waiting for final mixing and mastering?

Agreed.

Whatever you are going with, it has to come from what you've already done and left sitting around for 10 years.  If you didn't see fit to record anything new in all that time, I can't see doing so now.

I'm sure it bums DJ out that the best he's going to do are a few cut-n-paste riffs.  But logically, you need to clear the vault a bit before he can ever hope to get any of his own stuff on a GNR disc.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2014, 10:50:38 AM »

Agreed.

Whatever you are going with, it has to come from what you've already done and left sitting around for 10 years.  If you didn't see fit to record anything new in all that time, I can't see doing so now.

I'm sure it bums DJ out that the best he's going to do are a few cut-n-paste riffs.  But logically, you need to clear the vault a bit before he can ever hope to get any of his own stuff on a GNR disc.

To me, this would also show that although he has zero sense of time or urgency to put out new music, Axl has always had a pretty good idea of what tracks were going to end up on the followup album.  I don't know how much DJ was instructed to write and send Axl those songs, by my guess is this was never a real priority for Axl to include on the followup, just based on all the recent comments of the two albums worth of finished tracks that Axl has waiting to be released. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2014, 11:19:13 AM »

Considering Chinese Democracy is basically in two parts, it makes sense to release the second half before starting the next album from scratch....

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2014, 11:22:50 AM »

Considering Chinese Democracy is basically in two parts, it makes sense to release the second half before starting the next album from scratch....

/jarmo

Yep, I've always thought this as well.  As much as I loved Chinese, and considering all the mystique surrounding the rest of the tracks recorded during that time, hearing the second half of that sounds about as cool as it gets for me.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2014, 01:48:55 PM »

Getting already recorded songs released has been like pulling teeth.

This would be the last real record I'd expect from this band.  Even if this come out in the next year or so, given the touring that will follow mixed in with downtime, any future album would be...what, 6 years away, best case?  Probably closer to 8 to 10?

Even if this line-up is still together (unlikely) is Axl going to be all about starting from scratch at 60 or whatever years old?  Doubtful.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2014, 02:03:15 PM »

You're just assuming things will always stay the same.

We don't even know if music will be put out on records in your time frame.  Tongue

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:10:01 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2014, 02:13:52 PM »

You're just assuming things will always stay the same.

As a rule, I tend to not embrace any argument that starts out with ignoring years of evidence and then figuring, out of nowhere, things will be done 180 degrees differently. 

Could it happen?  I suppose.  Technically, the guy that has struck out at the bar for a solid year might show up tonight and walk out with the hottest girl too.  Could it happen?  I guess.  Is it all likely?  Not even a little bit.

The track record of both this band and the man himself suggest an extremely slow pace and band turnover.

Anything past this second half of Chinese would be the definition of gravy, in my view.  I'm assuming he only has one more real run in him.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2014, 02:17:44 PM »

And I don't rule anything out.

Remember all those years of experience when people said the Earth was flat? Wink

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2014, 02:31:34 PM »

In my opinion... this is such a crucial time for the future of Guns N Roses...I hope it goes the way we want...

As long and as painful as the process was ... we all KNEW eventually there would be a record... there had to be... otherwise what was really the point....

But now... Axl isn't necessarily required in a way to deliver anything or put out this earth shattering record to prove to everybody he doesn't need X and Y to be Guns n Roses. At this point Axl could really decide nahhhhhhh I don't need to to put this out... I dont think it will happen...but would it shock you if it did?

Couple that with that we all suspect there are more lineup changes coming if there is a new tour next year...

What would Guns N Roses be in 2015/16 without a record and more lineup changes...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »

It would be a wicked show that I will be first buying tickets too!

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2014, 02:40:27 PM »

And I don't rule anything out.

Well, yeah, the "hey, you never know" argument is always out there for any topic.  I just don't know how seriously you have to take it.

Under that same premise, there could be a reunion.  Hey, you never know.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2014, 02:41:14 PM »

But now... Axl isn't necessarily required in a way to deliver anything or put out this earth shattering record to prove to everybody he doesn't need X and Y to be Guns n Roses. At this point Axl could really decide nahhhhhhh I don't need to to put this out... I dont think it will happen...but would it shock you if it did?

Nope.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2014, 02:51:34 PM »

It would be a wicked show that I will be first buying tickets too!

Yeah I'm sure....

If it's possible for me to see Axl perform... I will too... not really the point of my post.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: