Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 04:31:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228097 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)  (Read 77305 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2014, 02:12:39 PM »

Brian May claimed to have heard multiple albums of material with vocals in late 1999-early 2000. Is Brian credible in your world? It is safe to assume Axl has a mountain of potential material in the vaults...whether he releases it or not is another question.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
mortismurphy
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2014, 02:20:36 PM »

Then it is academic.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2014, 02:22:53 PM »

and here is the Brian May quote from 5-10-2000....

There are many many people, who've spoken to journalists, who've have played with Axl over a number of years now, who have laid claims recently that the only one track that Axl has ever laid down a vocal part for is "Oh My God", which is obviously featured on the Schwartzenager film, "End Of Days", but you're saying there are more vocal parts then?

Brian: Oh yeah - there's a whole album of vocal parts - in fact there's two albums' worth that they've got there, at least. Um, they played me EVERYTHING. Axl actually sat down and MADE ME listen to everything (laughing) and there's some wonderful stuff there. Yeah.

the no vocals stuff is urban legend.....but, I am quite sure there are tons of instrumental ideas laying around as well.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #203 on: November 20, 2014, 02:23:25 PM »

I'm expecting a reply about how Axl chose to make everything this way....

He may not have chosen it, but he's been extremely derelict on the proactive front to combat some of the obstacles.

The ultimate dichotomy of the man, in my view, is how he chooses to portray himself as this unshakeable warrior what going to show the world what's what on his terms...yet spend so much time throwing up his hands in frustration and pouting.

How do you reconcile that?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2014, 02:24:44 PM »

I think most of the problem seems to rest with Axl.  I do not in other words believe all the record company 'Out Ta Get Me' stuff.  There are too many comments, from people like Moby, Robin Finck even, about hundreds of vocal-less DATS lying around - or vain glorious attempts to re-record Appetite for Destruction. He seems to work at an impossibly slow and illogical pace.

Agreed.  Ambitious ideas are fine, but there comes a point where you just get on with it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #205 on: November 20, 2014, 02:28:28 PM »

He may not have chosen it, but he's been extremely derelict on the proactive front to combat some of the obstacles.

How do you know this?

Look at what GN'R's been against. "It's not GN'R", "Axl's not gonna show up", "the album's never coming out" etc etc...

Yes, you can go on talk shows and talk about thees things. Doesn't mean peoples' opinions will change.

The ultimate dichotomy of the man, in my view, is how he chooses to portray himself as this unshakeable warrior what going to show the world what's what on his terms...yet spend so much time throwing up his hands in frustration and pouting.

Your assumption.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #206 on: November 20, 2014, 02:30:44 PM »

Your assumption.

He's free to prove me wrong at any time.  And time is a-wastin'.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:33:02 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

mortismurphy
« Reply #207 on: November 20, 2014, 02:32:47 PM »

and here is the Brian May quote from 5-10-2000....

There are many many people, who've spoken to journalists, who've have played with Axl over a number of years now, who have laid claims recently that the only one track that Axl has ever laid down a vocal part for is "Oh My God", which is obviously featured on the Schwartzenager film, "End Of Days", but you're saying there are more vocal parts then?

Brian: Oh yeah - there's a whole album of vocal parts - in fact there's two albums' worth that they've got there, at least. Um, they played me EVERYTHING. Axl actually sat down and MADE ME listen to everything (laughing) and there's some wonderful stuff there. Yeah.

the no vocals stuff is urban legend.....but, I am quite sure there are tons of instrumental ideas laying around as well.

Grounded in interviews however,

"'I found it difficult to chart a linear development of the songs that they were working on,' recalls Moby. 'They would work on something, it would be a sketch for a while, and then they'd put it aside and go back to it a year, six months later. He became a little bit defensive when I asked him about the vocals. He just said that he was going to get to them eventually,' Moby continues." (Rolling Stone, 05/11/00)

"The record just needed a lead vocal and a mix. [...] If Axl had recorded vocals, it would have been an absolutely contemporary record in 1999." (James Barber, Poptones, 10/16/05)

"[Youth] had "four or five" spells working with Rose in [1998]. [...] 'I went to his house and we started writing songs, strumming guitars in the kitchen', says Youth. 'That was a major breakthrough because it got him singing again which he hadn't done for a long time.' (Q Magazine, 05/01)

"He hadn't been singing for around 18 months. I think the record had turned into a real labour. He was stuck and didn't know how to proceed, so he was avoiding it." (Youth, The Times, 03/18/05)

He did the vocals last.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:36:47 PM by mortismurphy » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #208 on: November 20, 2014, 02:33:45 PM »

How do you know this?

Look at what GN'R's been against. "It's not GN'R", "Axl's not gonna show up", "the album's never coming out" etc etc...

Yes, you can go on talk shows and talk about thees things. Doesn't mean peoples' opinions will change.

Your assumption.

/jarmo

Axl CHOSE to be GNR in name... Axl CHOSE to always take stage late...Axl CHOSE to dissolve their original partnership...Axl chose everything that he has.... did he intend to take as long as he did with the album...I'm sure not...but his decisions directly lead it

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:41:18 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #209 on: November 20, 2014, 02:50:33 PM »

We've beaten all of this to death a thousand times...

We are all thankful that Axl has continued on... maybe we don't all agree that he has gone about it the best way, but it's true..it's his life.

I'm hopeful to hear new songs eventually...even if they are twice as old as my kid  Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #210 on: November 20, 2014, 02:57:12 PM »

We are all thankful that Axl has continued on... maybe we don't all agree that he has gone about it the best way, but it's true..it's his life.

Indeed.

But think of it like a debate team.  You know, where a topic is picked, and one person is given the pro side, and the other the con side.

In this case, the topic would be his career over the past 15 years.  The positions are "maximized his chances" and "kind of fucked things up".

Which position would you hope to draw and defend?  And there is no third option of "it's not for me to say".  That's cop out bullshit.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #211 on: November 20, 2014, 03:29:43 PM »

Is the outcome really that bad? To you CD is "one album" but to me CD is "the album". It was worth the wait. Sometimes things don't turn out the way we planned them to but that doesn't necessarily mean the end results add up to a failure.

My dad is the same age as Axl. The fact that Axl is that old and still has enough ambition to undertake a project like CD (which sold four million copies), a follow up project, and countless tours is an absolute mystery to me. He's doing great.

Redneck.. I appreciate your passion for Chinese Democracy ... I really do... but you just have to know you are fighting a lonely uphill battle with posts like this...You are certainly entitled to ur opinion... that's why they make so many different flavors of ice cream!

But you have to know for a lot of us CD isn't the "one album", and the process that lead to it has been a very long and sometimes dumbfounding experience.

You can't just throw context completely out the window.

Jarmo tells me there are nobody indie bands that would love to be where GNR is 2014.  And now redneckrudy with the example of Axl and his Dad.

But...without trying to be flippant, are we really comparing a band on the level of a Guns N' Roses to indie bands and our dads?

In the context of a big time band, one of the biggest of their time, its absolutely impossible to call the past 15 years a screaming success.  I'll agree it hasn't been a total fiasco.  But its an ultimate case of missed opportunity and wasted time.

If your barometer for success is simply not falling completely on your face or dropping off the face of the earth, well, that's one low bar, no?  Espeically when you started with a leg up on the world.

DX, you talk about context but some seem to lose sight of the situation surrounding the creation of CD. Imagine if Led Zeppelin broke up half way through their career and someone tried to rebuild the band from the ground up. If they managed to release even one legitimate Led Zeppelin album after that I would be impressed. 

I can't help comparing him to my dad, they actually look really similar now that Axl is a little older haha.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #212 on: November 20, 2014, 03:32:17 PM »

Is the outcome really that bad? To you CD is "one album" but to me CD is "the album". It was worth the wait. Sometimes things don't turn out the way we planned them to but that doesn't necessarily mean the end results add up to a failure.

My dad is the same age as Axl. The fact that Axl is that old and still has enough ambition to undertake a project like CD (which sold four million copies), a follow up project, and countless tours is an absolute mystery to me. He's doing great.

Redneck.. I appreciate your passion for Chinese Democracy ... I really do... but you just have to know you are fighting a lonely uphill battle with posts like this...You are certainly entitled to ur opinion... that's why they make so many different flavors of ice cream!

But you have to know for a lot of us CD isn't the "one album", and the process that lead to it has been a very long and sometimes dumbfounding experience.

You can't just throw context completely out the window.

Jarmo tells me there are nobody indie bands that would love to be where GNR is 2014.  And now redneckrudy with the example of Axl and his Dad.

But...without trying to be flippant, are we really comparing a band on the level of a Guns N' Roses to indie bands and our dads?

In the context of a big time band, one of the biggest of their time, its absolutely impossible to call the past 15 years a screaming success.  I'll agree it hasn't been a total fiasco.  But its an ultimate case of missed opportunity and wasted time.

If your barometer for success is simply not falling completely on your face or dropping off the face of the earth, well, that's one low bar, no?  Espeically when you started with a leg up on the world.

DX, you talk about context but some seem to lose sight of the situation surrounding the creation of CD. Imagine if Led Zeppelin broke up half way through their career and someone tried to rebuild the band from the ground up. If they managed to release even one legitimate Led Zeppelin album after that I would be impressed. 

I can't help comparing him to my dad, they actually look really similar now that Axl is a little older haha.

If Robert Plant continued on as Led Zeppelin.... he would have been blasted the same way Axl has been....don't think that was ever a consideration for him tho..... guy wont even play with led zeppelin for a billion dollars....lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #213 on: November 20, 2014, 03:48:49 PM »

Guys, come on.

Arguing this over will not make the next album come any sooner.

We all are anticipating this album I think, otherwise we wouldn't be checking this thread Smiley

Let's talk about what we're looking forward to!!

I, along with many others I guess, am excited to potentially get to hear The General - assuming it'll be on the record. I love the intro from the 06 shows. Am I right in thinking Beltrami was involved with this track? That guy is a legend.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #214 on: November 20, 2014, 04:00:56 PM »

If Robert Plant continued on as Led Zeppelin.... he would have been blasted the same way Axl has been....don't think that was ever a consideration for him tho..... guy wont even play with led zeppelin for a billion dollars....lol

Hahaha

Is that guy dug in, or what?  He just will not budge.

And I often say Axl is the only hardhead that wouldn't reunite for the dollars.  I guess he's not alone.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #215 on: November 20, 2014, 04:10:04 PM »

Hahaha

Is that guy dug in, or what?  He just will not budge.

And I often say Axl is the only hardhead that wouldn't reunite for the dollars.  I guess he's not alone.

Their situations are somewhat similar... even tho Plant doesn't hate Page the way Axl hates Slash... he won't work with him for a variety of reasons, despite the absurd money...but i'm sure if he was living on the streets it would be different

Of course neither one of them tours as Led Zeppelin presently...and they have both said it wont be LZ without the three of them as a whole, so I guess that's different ha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #216 on: November 20, 2014, 04:19:30 PM »

He's free to prove me wrong at any time.  And time is a-wastin'.

I think we all know this is impossible. Have you ever admitted to being wrong?

Even if Axl put out a box set tomorrow, you'd still be annoyed about something like the "wasted time".
Just like some still bring up things that upset them in 2002.... Smiley

I, along with many others I guess, am excited to potentially get to hear The General - assuming it'll be on the record. I love the intro from the 06 shows. Am I right in thinking Beltrami was involved with this track? That guy is a legend.

Yeah, that intro was interesting.
Makes you wonder what the song is like. Considering the piano intro Axl used turned out to be Prostitute....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #217 on: November 20, 2014, 04:38:33 PM »

^yeah - I just love the use of orchestral arrangements in guns tracks.

Just listen to tracks such as TWAT and Prostitute - amazing songs.

The arrangements, for me, work so well with Guns songs and add depth, complementing the 'ballads' perfectly.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #218 on: November 20, 2014, 05:27:07 PM »

Even if Axl put out a box set tomorrow, you'd still be annoyed about something like the "wasted time".

Hell, I'd applaud the move.  You'd applaud the move.

How about if he sat around and did nothing?

Well, I'd wonder what the plan was.  You'd applaud the move. 

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #219 on: November 20, 2014, 05:30:31 PM »

Just like some still bring up things that upset them in 2002.... Smiley

02-gnr was so pwn. Best gnr-version imo.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: