Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:52:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)  (Read 77743 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2014, 10:42:24 AM »

Presumably there is some sort of lyrical connection with the Bombing. Regardless, it doesn't invalidate what I said. A large proportion of Chinese's lyrics concern Stephanie Seymour, Axl's former girlfriend from 16 years ago prior, (to the release of Chinese).

The thing about great songs is that you can listen to them and relate. No matter who the song was written about, inspired by or what the subject is actually about.

Once again, the whole need of a new GN'R album has now shifted focus to the fact that you don't (?!!) like the new songs because of when they were written...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2014, 10:43:56 AM »

Presumably there is some sort of lyrical connection with the Bombing. Regardless, it doesn't invalidate what I said. A large proportion of Chinese's lyrics concern Stephanie Seymour, Axl's former girlfriend from 16 years ago prior, (to the release of Chinese).

The thing about great songs is that you can listen to them and relate. No matter who the song was written about, inspired by or what the subject is actually about.

Once again, the whole need of a new GN'R album has now shifted focus to the fact that you don't (?!!) like the new songs because of when they were written...

/jarmo

I think you need reading lessons. I never said such an absurd thing.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2014, 10:51:36 AM »

/jarmo

Bottom line... whether you fall in any of the three groups ... A) somebody who cant wait to hear new/old songs have an affinity for Bucket and Robin B) somebody who wants the current lineup to write new songs or c) somebody holding on to dear life that one day.....

you want the vault cleared as soon as possible... because none of those three happen until the old/new songs get released first

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2014, 10:59:40 AM »

Are you denying the fact that you've shifted your focus from the need anticipation for a new album, to post your grievances with the moment in time when you think the song lyrics were written and/or said songs were recorded?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2014, 11:01:04 AM »

Seems to me like he made an observation.  The rest of that is you putting words in his mouth.

There doesn't have to always be a boogeyman around every corner, Jarmo.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2014, 11:03:57 AM »

Seems to me like he made an observation.  The rest of that is you putting words in his mouth.

It seems like it's some kind of grievance. Looking for "issues" before hearing one single note or word from the album....

What happened to all the positivity and anticipation?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2014, 11:05:39 AM »

It seems like it's some kind of grievance. Looking for "issues" before hearing one single note or word from the album....

It keeps getting sidetracked by your projection and desire to make everything into a fight.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2014, 11:07:21 AM »

/jarmo
When is the album coming out? Is there a release date? Artwork? A tracklisting?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2014, 11:13:37 AM »

It keeps getting sidetracked by your projection and desire to make everything into a fight.

It's not a fight. It's a discussion. I thought you knew this since you keep coming here to discuss things. Maybe your idea of a discussion is for you to post what you think and have nobody respond. That kind of sites exist. Or if you prefer, get a diary.

If somebody posts his concerns about the lyrics to songs he hasn't heard yet, I'm curious why. I mean, this kind of issue goes for any music or bands. But as often is the case, GN'R fans keep looking for things to "worry about". Maybe all songs could be about partying (but not too late and on time), drugs and driving (hybrid) cars.  hihi

When is the album coming out? Is there a release date? Artwork? A tracklisting?

You won't like the release date, the artwork will upset you and the tracklisting isn't to your liking. I can see the future!  Shocked

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2014, 11:17:07 AM »

It's not a fight. It's a discussion. I thought you knew this since you keep coming here to discuss things. Maybe your idea of a discussion is for you to post what you think and have nobody respond. That kind of sites exist. Or if you prefer, get a diary.

He made the observation that letting shit sit around for 10 plus years dates it somewhat in terms not only its sound but also its impact if the lyrics are supposed to be about a moment in time that grows ever more distant.

Not one time did he add "so you just know its going to be terrible and I weep for the future".  YOU introduced that addendum to his comments. He never went there.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2014, 11:22:19 AM »

I asked a question. Very simple.

I don't see a problem with the lyrics being written 20 years ago, ten years ago, five years ago or today. You and him obviously do.

Like i said, great songs are timeless. Why don't you go there?
Was November Rain a worse song compared to Estranged? One was written years before the other.

I don't remember listening to those songs when I got the albums and thinking "Damn, this song was written a long time ago. I wish it wasn't so old".

Do you guys have "issues" with certain old GN'R songs that existed before GN'R did? Do you tell people who listen to Appetite that "you know, this song is so old. It existed before GN'R got together. I wish they wouldn't have put it on the album"?

Does that ever happen? Or is this yet another thing that only applies to the current band? I mean, it couldn't be, right? That's only people imagining things.... You're all a bunch of level headed people who always want the best for the band... Smiley

And if these points were never raised regarding previous albums, or they aren't issues to begin with, maybe somebody can inform me why. I'm sure I must have missed a clue somewhere to why this is different.

I guess you can always fall back on the "But it was only a few years" excuse. Even if you do, it wasn't "fresh"....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:29:40 AM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2014, 11:32:22 AM »

I don't see a problem with the lyrics being written 20 years ago, ten years ago, five years ago or today. You and him obviously do.

No one has said that but you.  For the third time now.

You are inventing stuff out of whole cloth to rail against. 

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2014, 11:33:00 AM »

Why not just release a double album then when CD was finally released ? Whether or not you think the songs are dated or not... was it always the plan to hold on to songs for 20 years?

Makes you wonder

No nobody thought that about November Rain or Estranged... but GNR obviously debuted with Appetite..so we didn't know there were these gems lined up for the next at the time... making the situation now completely different... we know about these other songs that are in waiting

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »

Why not just release a double album then when CD was finally released ? Whether or not you think the songs are dated or not... was it always the plan to hold on to songs for 20 years?

Cost, I suspect.  I guess you could have released 2 single discs at the same time like GNR and Springsteen did way back when.

Problem with the UYI albums is that they cleared they vault.  They left nothing back.  Its why there will never be a GNR Anthology, GNR rarities, or boxed set from those years.  If they did it, you've heard it.

Perhaps Axl didn't want to empty all the bullets in his gun at once.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »

No one has said that but you.  For the third time now.

You are inventing stuff out of whole cloth to rail against. 

So why is he bringing it up? That he thinks songs on Chinese Democracy are about a former girlfriend from years ago.

He made a point that he prefers songs written now to offer a glimpse into the present. I made a point that great songs are timeless. And it doesn't matter when they were written/recorded.

Since you keep going on and on with me, do you disagree?
Don't argue for the sake of arguing, try to post something with some substance instead of ignoring the GN'R parts of the posts.

Why not just release a double album then when CD was finally released ?

Double albums are always considered a "risk".

No nobody thought that about November Rain or Estranged... but GNR obviously debuted with Appetite..so we didn't know there were these gems lined up for the next at the time... making the situation now completely different... we know about these other songs that are in waiting

Ok, I'll play along.

Let's assume you had no idea some of the AFD songs were "old" or that some the UYI songs were "old". So you enjoy them, you listen to them. Then you find out they weren't fresh. Does it make the songs worse? Is it gonna be on your mind when you listen to the songs? No way.

That's my whole point.

/jarmo

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2014, 11:48:03 AM »

He write so others can place their own meaning to the song.

I do not care for the song.

That song really seems to divide people.

I like it a lot, and think its one of the catchier songs on the album.  But I have also heard people just bury it.

To me it is one of the highlights on CD, which imo had too much soft songs.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2014, 11:52:32 AM »

So why is he bringing it up? That he thinks songs on Chinese Democracy are about a former girlfriend from years ago.

Presumably because they were done in the same session as the last album, which did have such songs.

He made a point that he prefers songs written now to offer a glimpse into the present. I made a point that great songs are timeless. And it doesn't matter when they were written/recorded.

Since you keep going on and on with me, do you disagree?

Yes and no.  

I agree that a good song is a good song regardless.  But I would also say that it can sound dated, which can be said without it being some grave insult.

I believe I made this exact point with 'Shackler's Revenge'.  Good song, I like it, but sounds like something that might have come out 7-8 years prior.

Here's another example.  I liked both Van Halen and The Eagles most recent albums.  There are good songs on both that I really like.  However, they sound a bit dated because many of them were written 20 or more years ago.  They are also done in the same way the band always recorded.

So, yes, the songs are good.  What they aren't are all that cutting edge.  That's all.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2014, 11:52:42 AM »

Well it depends... If the next album comes out and I like them...great. Yeah it won't matter to me, plus I truly have never heard these songs... (never listened to the leaks)

But there is a difference in situations...its not that black and white. There is a huge difference in time... there was only a few years in between the time of first being written/recorded and release with November Rain and Estranged

with the current unheard songs... thats obviously not the case... so if somebody does have the opinion that the music sounds "dated" they have more of a leg to stand on.. they could also really enjoy the song and have that opinion

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »

"I love the speech part (I don't want to lose HEART!!!) and I love the guitar solo that's played with it.  That solo gives the effect of something coming to a boil."

Woah, yeah I can totally see that.

Norway, that's a great point. I feel like songs in cd can be quite cryptic and universal, very open to interpretation.

I agree with Jarmo. I couldn't relate to Mortis' feelings about songwriting. I don't know what topical songwriting actually means but I'll be sure to look it up. There are a lot of great songs written about memories. As far as the songs having to be in the vault for so long, the end result as well as the reasons are not completely known but I am very happy with what has been brought into creation so far and see the long period of waiting as a good trade off for exceptional material.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:57:13 AM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2014, 11:54:43 AM »

I never got into looking for all these deep meanings about lyrics.

Some of my favorite songs of all time have preposterous nonsensical lyrics.  'Walk This Way', for instance.  Not exactly deep.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: