Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:44:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)  (Read 77873 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2014, 03:04:23 PM »

And I don't rule anything out.

Well, yeah, the "hey, you never know" argument is always out there for any topic.  I just don't know how seriously you have to take it.

And how many things can you accurately predict for the future? I mean, early 2008, were you predicting a year end release? Early 2014, did you predict Duff being back? A few hours before the La Paz show, did you predict You Could Be Mine as th opening song?

I've been surprised more than once by something GN'R did.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2014, 03:12:48 PM »

And I don't rule anything out.

Well, yeah, the "hey, you never know" argument is always out there for any topic.  I just don't know how seriously you have to take it.

And how many things can you accurately predict for the future? I mean, early 2008, were you predicting a year end release? Early 2014, did you predict Duff being back? A few hours before the La Paz show, did you predict You Could Be Mine as th opening song?

I've been surprised more than once by something GN'R did.

/jarmo

LOL.... no i did not expect you could be mine to be the opener that night........

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2014, 03:17:52 PM »

Considering Chinese Democracy is basically in two parts, it makes sense to release the second half before starting the next album from scratch....

/jarmo

So is Axl still saying this will be the second half of CD? I wasn't aware that was still the case, but I'm very happy to hear that my favorite album of all time is actually only half of an album and that it looks like I may be getting the next half soon.

I wonder in what ways it will be "the other half"? In terms of style? Or will certain songs correspond to other songs? CD seemed so complete, prostitute was the perfect ending. How do you continue that story? Does this mean I need to play CD 1 and then CD2 in one sitting to get the whole experience? That would be pretty awesome! It would almost be the length of a whole movie. Something tells me I am in for some really epic shit!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:19:29 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2014, 03:37:12 PM »

That's more minutiae.  I am talking bigger picture things.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2014, 03:37:19 PM »

In my opinion... this is such a crucial time for the future of Guns N Roses...I hope it goes the way we want...

As long and as painful as the process was ... we all KNEW eventually there would be a record... there had to be... otherwise what was really the point....

But now... Axl isn't necessarily required in a way to deliver anything or put out this earth shattering record to prove to everybody he doesn't need X and Y to be Guns n Roses. At this point Axl could really decide nahhhhhhh I don't need to to put this out... I dont think it will happen...but would it shock you if it did?

Couple that with that we all suspect there are more lineup changes coming if there is a new tour next year...

What would Guns N Roses be in 2015/16 without a record and more lineup changes...

Here's a big problem, and I quote

"..I hope it goes the way we want..."

Flawed thinking there, I hope it goes GNRs way whatever way benefits the band the most. love

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2014, 03:39:05 PM »

In my opinion... this is such a crucial time for the future of Guns N Roses...I hope it goes the way we want...

As long and as painful as the process was ... we all KNEW eventually there would be a record... there had to be... otherwise what was really the point....

But now... Axl isn't necessarily required in a way to deliver anything or put out this earth shattering record to prove to everybody he doesn't need X and Y to be Guns n Roses. At this point Axl could really decide nahhhhhhh I don't need to to put this out... I dont think it will happen...but would it shock you if it did?

Couple that with that we all suspect there are more lineup changes coming if there is a new tour next year...

What would Guns N Roses be in 2015/16 without a record and more lineup changes...

Flawed thinking there, I hope it goes GNRs way whatever way benefits the band the most. love

How noble of you...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2014, 03:39:30 PM »

So is Axl still saying this will be the second half of CD? I wasn't aware that was still the case, but I'm very happy to hear that my favorite album of all time is actually only half of an album and that it looks like I may be getting the next half soon.

I wonder in what ways it will be "the other half"? In terms of style? Or will certain songs correspond to other songs? CD seemed so complete, prostitute was the perfect ending. How do you continue that story? Does this mean I need to play CD 1 and then CD2 in one sitting to get the whole experience? That would be pretty awesome! It would almost be the length of a whole movie. Something tells me I am in for some really epic shit!

I think its more that he said they recorded enough to fill 2 full albums.

They allegedly have even more than that.  But, logically, not everything can be a gem and I'm sure some cuts will be made.

I suspect the 2 albums will be what Axl considers the strongest work from the batch of stuff they did from 1999-2002 or whenever that end date was.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2014, 03:40:42 PM »

I'm pretty sure we all want that.

All the supposed gripes, at their base, were rooted in opinions that the way certain things were done did not maximize value for the band.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2014, 03:50:55 PM »

How noble of you...

Reveals a lot about your mindset, it is not "noble" at all, simply realistic.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »

I'm pretty sure we all want that.

All the supposed gripes, at their base, were rooted in opinions that the way certain things were done did not maximize value for the band.

Rooted in opinions is right. All the gripes from people were based on that from their armchair quarterback positions, they thought they could call the plays better. Others were merely upset that the band didn't do things to suit them.

Both ridiculous premises. hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2014, 03:57:03 PM »

The process is all messed up. He puts out Chinese 2, say, next year. That will consist of songs written 1999-2002, songs which are over twelve years old. That still means the band will not have written or worked on anything original in twelve or so years. That still means that Ron, DJ and Frank are not going to get songwriting credits. Even if they began writing now, you are probably not going to see those tracks until 2025. Now one of the problems with Chinese was it sounded dated the day it was released, it sounded like a late 90s album. So the music is never going to reflect the year it is released, never reflect Axl's songwriting as it is now.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2014, 04:00:06 PM »

Rooted in opinions is right. All the gripes from people were based on that from their armchair quarterback positions, they thought they could call the plays better. Others were merely upset that the band didn't do things to suit them.

Both ridiculous premises. hihi

I agree.  Which makes it a good thing no one has ever put them forth. 

The only time those premises have ever been introduced are by "loyal fans" who felt the need to crush dissent.  So they project, and put a bunch of words in the mouths of the people saying thing they didn't like, and then just pretended it all was real.  That it all really happened.

All any of us want is to see the bad succeed as much as they can.  Knocking down various strawmen is just what we do in the interim.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2014, 04:04:52 PM »

What, u judge an unreleased album D? Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2014, 04:06:04 PM »

The process is all messed up. He puts out Chinese 2, say, next year. That will consist of songs written 1999-2002, songs which are over twelve years old. That still means the band will not have written or worked on anything original in twelve or so years. That still means that Ron, DJ and Frank are not going to get songwriting credits. Even if they began writing now, you are probably not going to see those tracks until 2025. Now one of the problems with Chinese was it sounded dated the day it was released, it sounded like a late 90s album. So the music is never going to reflect the year it is released, never reflect Axl's songwriting as it is now.

All true.

But, at least as I see it, that ship has sailed.  I wish he'd have done it differently too.  But now I'm just taking what I can get.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »

Waiting for 'the album with Axl, Ron and Bumble' starts now. headbanger

hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2014, 04:09:04 PM »

Oh, no.

But "the band should listen to me, because I know all" and/or "I will only be happy if things are done my way" are not things that have been said, by anyone, ever.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2014, 04:10:29 PM »

Waiting for 'the album with Axl, Ron and Bumble' starts now. headbanger

Hahahaha.  Might as well wait for the tooth fairy.

The rest of the CD sessions is the only realistic thing you can expect.

mortismurphy
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2014, 04:11:48 PM »

No. But is this album going to consist of songs written after 2002? Presumably not if it says 'Chinese Democracy 2' on it.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2014, 04:16:24 PM »

No. But is this album going to consist of songs written after 2002? Presumably not if it says 'Chinese Democracy 2' on it.

Regardless of it title, that's what we are getting.  Songs recorded many moons ago, some with people long gone.

And that's fine.  I've long come to terms with that quizzical business plan.

mortismurphy
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2014, 04:19:43 PM »

The only way they could sort out the mess is if (and we truly are dealing with 'ifs' here) they put out a boxset as a sort of house clearance and tour off that for only a short burst, then begin anew.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: