Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:35:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy talks about GN'R album on VH1 Radio Network
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy talks about GN'R album on VH1 Radio Network  (Read 7629 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: October 31, 2014, 05:08:50 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed says that the band is in the process of putting the finishing touches on new music that will "hopefully" be released "really soon."

The last GUNS N' ROSES album, "Chinese Democracy", came out in 2008 and ended a 17-year gap between collections of all-new material.

Singer Axl Rose, Reed and other members of the current lineup have hinted at material recorded during the "Chinese Democracy" sessions that has yet to surface.

Speaking to VH1 Radio Network's Dave Basner earlier this week, Reed said: "There's a lot of material that's already done and I think it's in the process of being finished and eventually we'll pick out which songs need to come out with which other songs. So that's in the works. Hopefully it will be out really soon."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dizzy-reed-says-new-guns-n-roses-music-is-in-the-process-of-being-finished/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 06:01:45 PM »

How many times have we heard that one?
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 06:07:30 PM »

How many times have we heard that one?

And how many times have we heard that one (of yours )?

No offence but the first post was a positive thing.
The second post is not.

I do agree that we hear things over and over again but we better be positive  beer
mortismurphy
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 06:40:57 PM »

I am not sure I see your point. Negativity does not come into it, nor does positivity really. I am merely replying to the above.

Listen, Dizzy, Fortus and Ashba constantly repeat this exact same statement on a, month-by-month basis. They have been doing so since 2009. Correct? Now (I will keep this simple and generalised for clarity),

- In 2009 Ashba says, ''we are always working on material and hope to release something soon''. 2009 does not deliver.

- In 2010 Dizzy says, ''we are always working on material and hope to release something soon''. 2010 does not deliver.

- In 2011 Fortus.....you see my point?

Don't you see? There is an element of ''the boy who cried wolf'' here. The laws of empiricism would indicate that this statement is also a damp squib like the previous three hundred statements of a similar ilk. At some point you have to wake up and realise that we are being led up a blindalley. What year would that take - 2021 and the exact same scenario? 2030? 
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 10:32:33 PM »

Fuck yeah! I hope his hunch that it may come soon turns out to be correct! I can really use the inspiration from a new CD caliber album in my life ASAP!

Yeah yeah, they've said it before, I know. But honestly, I think it's good for one to be excited about something, whatever it is. Good for the body, good for the mind. Even if it doesn't come out soon, I'll still be excited about it. It's something for me to look forward to. I think it's good to have something to look forward to.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 11:12:05 PM »

Yeah, they used up most of their benefit of the doubt.

But I'd rather hear it than not.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 11:45:41 PM »

Yeah, I'd much rather hear this than "Sorry guys, we decided to close up shop and go home. No new album ever." or nothing at all. It could very well be true. We got some good signs going this time around. GNR taking a break from touring (this may be a sign they have time to work on the album, or maybe they are just taking a 100% break, idk), Axl commenting on the release of new material, and other band members commenting about it as well. Things are definitely looking up.

Do they usually say "really soon", or do they just say "soon"? Sure would be epic if it was released on the anniversary of CD in November. I'll be partying that day either way, it's kind of a tradition for me.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:49:16 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 11:46:56 PM »

Something is better than nothing.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 04:05:39 AM »

This is good news. Dizzy knows what he's talking about. He wouldn't say they're putting finishing touches if nothing was happening. 2015 is gonna be a good Guns-year  beer

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 06:43:16 AM »

Yeah they have been saying it forever, but at least they are still saying it! lol beer

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 01:30:53 AM »

...new music that will "hopefully" be released...

...and I think it's in the process of being finished

Hopefully it will be out really soon.

I totally see mortismurphys point here, because this is something we've heard since CD was released. But at the same time it's only on the level of "hopefully" and "I think". And it's not about being positive or negative, because we all hope there would be something released as soon as possible and we want to keep it positive, but you also have to be realistic. Maybe the guys are just tired of the question "when is the next album coming out" and these kinds of answers are all they can give at the moment without answering "we don't want to tell you".

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 09:33:50 AM »

...new music that will "hopefully" be released...

...and I think it's in the process of being finished

Hopefully it will be out really soon.

I totally see mortismurphys point here, because this is something we've heard since CD was released. But at the same time it's only on the level of "hopefully" and "I think". And it's not about being positive or negative, because we all hope there would be something released as soon as possible and we want to keep it positive, but you also have to be realistic. Maybe the guys are just tired of the question "when is the next album coming out" and these kinds of answers are all they can give at the moment without answering "we don't want to tell you".

It's not "we don't want to tell you"... It should be  "I have no clue when it will be released, i'm not privy to that information or involved with that decision"

Which we all know is true... so whenever a band member says anything regarding the album... you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 01:34:47 PM »

Fuck yeah! I hope his hunch that it may come soon turns out to be correct! I can really use the inspiration from a new CD caliber album in my life ASAP!

Yeah yeah, they've said it before, I know. But honestly, I think it's good for one to be excited about something, whatever it is. Good for the body, good for the mind. Even if it doesn't come out soon, I'll still be excited about it. It's something for me to look forward to. I think it's good to have something to look forward to.

Great post, agree 100%

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 03:18:33 PM »

It's not "we don't want to tell you"... It should be  "I have no clue when it will be released, i'm not privy to that information or involved with that decision"

Which we all know is true... so whenever a band member says anything regarding the album... you have to take it with a grain of salt.

The only one to listen to on the matter is Axl, because he's the big chief.

Its why I felt his interview earlier this year was an event, and the others saying this sort of thing is sort of shoulder shrug city.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 08:21:36 AM »

Once again, the old "they're not allowed to/shouldn't talk" versus "they talk too much".  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 08:27:02 AM »

Once again, the old "they're not allowed to/shouldn't talk" versus "they talk too much".  hihi

/jarmo

No, I think it's more of the "empty talk with no results" routine.  I got no problem with any band member giving interviews, but they've been talking this same talk for years and nothing has happened.  At some point, it takes on a boy that cries wolf reaction.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 10:48:02 AM »

Well, you know, some people are great at spinning things. But for some reason I don't see them spinning this into "at least people are still interested in it and asking about it". Wonder why?

Because no matter how many times you say "it's empty talk with no results", that's what it boils down to. There's still interest in it. So the questions get asked.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 10:49:38 AM »

No, I think it's more of the "empty talk with no results" routine.  I got no problem with any band member giving interviews, but they've been talking this same talk for years and nothing has happened.  At some point, it takes on a boy that cries wolf reaction.

Yep.

I'd rather hear this than nothing, I suppose.  But I'm not going to get all funny in the pants over something DJ or Dizzy says on their own given the lack of track record.

Axl talking this way is the key, which he did this year.  It was great.  Yet if next year comes and goes with nothing, we know Axl wasn't serious either.  

Then we can stop listening to everybody and just make the best of the Appetite For Lies & Illusions Of Democracy tour.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 10:51:56 AM »

Well, you know, some people are great at spinning things. But for some reason I don't see them spinning this into "at least people are still interested in it and asking about it". Wonder why?

Because no matter how many times you say "it's empty talk with no results", that's what it boils down to. There's still interest in it. So the questions get asked.

Then maybe take that as positive sign and get your ass in gear, perhaps.

People lose interest with every passing month.  Might as well get on the stick while you still have someone still caring.

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 10:52:42 AM »

I have no issues with any past or current GN'R member anyway it's just frustrating to read the interviews.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: