Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:34:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses nominated for Band of the Year at Classic Rock Roll of Honour 2014
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses nominated for Band of the Year at Classic Rock Roll of Honour 2014  (Read 7925 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: October 21, 2014, 09:07:43 AM »

http://awards.classicrock.teamrock.com/vote/band-of-the-year

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 09:15:11 PM »

I think they certainly deserve it.  Just being nominated is cool.  ok
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 10:22:14 PM »

Is this a show too, or just an award?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 02:35:34 AM »

Nice! This is some great news! I hope there is a show and GNR plays but even if there isn't, congratulations to the band on being nominated!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 08:57:25 AM »

I think they certainly deserve it.  Just being nominated is cool.  ok

Definitely, and yes it is. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 12:29:05 PM »

They are always my band of the year and especially this year after the joyous time I had in Vegas. However I'm not sure they have been active enough to win this- especially as it's a UK publication. My Money is on Black Sabbath. Their comeback has been pretty special. The Album rocked.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 05:13:49 PM »

Not hating here, but what did the band do in 2014 to be considered band of the year?  12 shows in SA, Vegas residency and a dvd release to me don't equal enough to be considered band of the year.  Don't get me wrong, they are the band of my life, but just not sure 2014 was the most appropriate year for this.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
mortismurphy
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 05:15:28 PM »

I think probably The Black Keys or Sabbath deserve it this year, both releasing albums. Sabbath's (13) was even highly successful. The presence of so many oldies acts is however a bit depressing: 'Sabbath, GN'R, Metallica, Queen, Maiden'' - this list could have been compiled in the 80s! Where is the next generation of rock bands, in the classic blues based tradition, coming from?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:17:59 PM by mortismurphy » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 11:43:36 AM »

Not hating here, but what did the band do in 2014 to be considered band of the year?  12 shows in SA, Vegas residency and a dvd release to me don't equal enough to be considered band of the year.  Don't get me wrong, they are the band of my life, but just not sure 2014 was the most appropriate year for this.

Tour in South America, tour in USA, residency in Las Vegas, Golden Gods performance, Axl Rose gets props for his vocal range, Duff rejoins the band for shows, Axl gets Golden Gods award, Axl and giraffe "controversy", "Axl vs RHCP Superbowl show", Appetite For Democracy released...

The band and Axl's been in the public eye for quite a bit this year.....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 12:06:10 PM »

Tour in South America, tour in USA, residency in Las Vegas, Golden Gods performance, Axl Rose gets props for his vocal range, Duff rejoins the band for shows, Axl gets Golden Gods award, Axl and giraffe "controversy", "Axl vs RHCP Superbowl show", Appetite For Democracy released...

The band and Axl's been in the public eye for quite a bit this year.....

The only one of those things I saw talked about outside these boards was the Axl's vocal range thing, which was all over the net.

Not disputing they had an active year by GNR standards, but not really sure they had the world talking.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 12:42:01 PM »

Ok Debbie Downer, but maybe the rest of the world doesn't matter since the nominating was done by Classic Rock magazine.....

Many of the things I listed could be things that kind of magazine might actually write about.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 12:49:33 PM »

I would imagine that all the nominees for this would have an album to be part of the discussion...

but i dont care... happy to see the GNR name part of the discussion.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »

Ok Debbie Downer, but maybe the rest of the world doesn't matter since the nominating was done by Classic Rock magazine....

But you introduced the "in the public eye" part.  Other that the Axl vocal thing, which was all over the place, what else was all that public?

I know around here we like to equate the Golden Gods with the Grammys, but in actual fact, most people don't even know they are a thing.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »

I would imagine that all the nominees for this would have an album to be part of the discussion...

I would think that is the first requirement.

mortismurphy
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 01:19:33 PM »

It is a depressing list really: from those acts, the only bands to have recently released albums are Sabbath and The Black Keys. Metallica are going through a rather strange 'Guns N' Roses' phrase of, not really showing much inclination on entering the studio basically (ironically, their last 'proper' studio album was released the same year as Chinese Democracy); if you go on the Metallica official board, their fanbase are pelting them with the same sort of abuse, Axl receives. In Maiden's defense their last album was just 2010 and they have had a lot of live dvds and things to keep the fans happy but it is still essentially an 'old farts' list.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 01:28:36 PM »

It is a depressing list really: from those acts, the only bands to have recently released albums are Sabbath and The Black Keys. Metallica are going through a rather strange 'Guns N' Roses' phrase of, not really showing much inclination on entering the studio basically (ironically, their last 'proper' studio album was released the same year as Chinese Democracy); if you go on the Metallica official board, their fanbase are pelting them with the same sort of abuse, Axl receives. In Maiden's defense their last album was just 2010 and they have had a lot of live dvds and things to keep the fans happy but it is still essentially an 'old farts' list.

Yeah, someone linked a Metallica forum over at MYGNR, or one of the other GNR sites.  It sounded like us. 

Well, mostly like us.  In their case, just about everybody over there was unhappy.  There was no contingent telling them how good they actually have it or to go follow some other band if they don't like it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 01:31:02 PM »

Ok Debbie Downer, but maybe the rest of the world doesn't matter since the nominating was done by Classic Rock magazine....

But you introduced the "in the public eye" part.  Other that the Axl vocal thing, which was all over the place, what else was all that public?

I know around here we like to equate the Golden Gods with the Grammys, but in actual fact, most people don't even know they are a thing.

Many of those things were reported by mainstream media.
Sorry if you missed it.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 01:36:04 PM »

Yeah, someone linked a Metallica forum over at MYGNR, or one of the other GNR sites.  It sounded like us. 

Well, mostly like us.  In their case, just about everybody over there was unhappy.  There was no contingent telling them how good they actually have it or to go follow some other band if they don't like it.

The difference is they had Lulu (which is perhaps a mixed blessing!) and Beyond Magnetic. They also have had a number of film/dvd projects. They also played a new song live, Lords of the Summer, but do not seem to be in a hurry to record the thing. It has just been a case of aimless touring really (much like Guns). The fans are restless.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 12:19:57 PM »

So it's obvious "Band of the Year" isn't album of the year.

Time to drop that grievance and try to be positive about the nomination now. Too much to ask?

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »

So it's obvious "Band of the Year" isn't album of the year.

Time to drop that grievance and try to be positive about the nomination now. Too much to ask?

/jarmo

Hey I voted (for Guns n Roses in case that wasn't obvious).  Is that positive enough?  ok
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: