Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 09:09:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228141 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 251187 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1200 on: November 07, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »

Emily, that's the third regurgitation of the same point that was only mildly interesting on its first go round.

You are obviously completely disinterested in an actual intelligent conversation about the topic.  And at this point, the feeling is mutual.

Three strikes and you're out, I'm afraid.  Move on.

You are obviously incapable of recognizing when someone  makes a statement that counters a point. You automatically want to throw in the kitchen sink to erroneously try to prove you weren't in error.

I don't think you are capable of intelligent conversation, and I could give two wet shits for your little three strikes statement.

You are constantly negative, constantly taking shots at the band, it's set list, it's management etc.

I fail to see how toxic negativity is productive, I have followed this band for close to twenty years now, and I don't view things as dire and dark as you seem to.

I'm supportive of GNR, always have been, and if that means I draw fire from people of your kind, so be it. Bring it on you trolling hater.

You "move on"

Looking forward to what 2015 brings in GNRs! I'm hoping for European tour-!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:40:32 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1201 on: November 07, 2014, 02:40:09 PM »

I say positive things quite often.

It's also possible you use it as an "excuse"....

See, anybody can do that kind of thing. Example: I like your shirt, but you're still a moron.

I said something nice there didn't I? So why would anyone focus on the rest? Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1202 on: November 07, 2014, 02:40:40 PM »

There are around 10 guys/gals who are all fans of GNR and Axl who consistently post in this section along with Jarmo .... myself, Ginger King, George Steele, Ali, LongDayGone, DX, GypsySoul and a few others... and we don't all agree on everything...but we discuss it civilly...

please stop ruining the threads with ur repeated speech about how you are a REAL supporter and others aren't

i've asked before...and it fell on deaf ears... please give it a rest... you dont HAVE to read it if its going to upset you as much as it appears to do , this is the last time I will comment on it and ur posts

i'm not sticking up for DX or anybody else... I dont know him from a hole in a wall...

and again..if i think the gnr "camp" does something stupid... im going to comment on it ...doesn't mean you love the gnr music more than the next person

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #1203 on: November 07, 2014, 02:58:04 PM »

I say positive things quite often.

It's also possible you use it as an "excuse"....

See, anybody can do that kind of thing. Example: I like your shirt, but you're still a moron.

I said something nice there didn't I? So why would anyone focus on the rest? Wink

/jarmo

So, in your opinion, when we say something positive, it?s not really positive, but rather an excuse that then allows us to say something negative?

I?ll spare you the insight into my soul?but I?m not as deep a person as that.

With pretty much everything, there are good things and bad things.  Positives and negatives.  Yet here, this principle doesn?t apply.  You can only be positive, because there is no negative.  Every single thing the band does is right.  Every former member/producer/manager that left was because they were wrong.  When/if Ron leaves, it will be his fault.

Also, honestly the things we?re saying are not negative?more like questioning the direction and focus of the band.  True negative shit is out there (and I?m sure you know that sites that engage in it) and it?s way different than what we are posting here. 
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1204 on: November 07, 2014, 03:06:11 PM »

There are around 10 guys/gals who are all fans of GNR and Axl who consistently post in this section along with Jarmo .... myself, Ginger King, George Steele, Ali, LongDayGone, DX, GypsySoul and a few others... and we don't all agree on everything...but we discuss it civilly...

please stop ruining the threads with ur repeated speech about how you are a REAL supporter and others aren't

i've asked before...and it fell on deaf ears... please give it a rest... you dont HAVE to read it if its going to upset you as much as it appears to do , this is the last time I will comment on it and ur posts

i'm not sticking up for DX or anybody else... I dont know him from a hole in a wall...

and again..if i think the gnr "camp" does something stupid... im going to comment on it ...doesn't mean you love the gnr music more than the next person

So it is fine and dandy for people to constantly moan, bitch, whine and offer unsolicited amateur advice , and to offer solutions for non-negotiable situations but it is an absolute OUTRAGE when somebody throws it back at them?

Ridiculous.

People don't HAVE to come here to complain and whine daily.

It doesn't upset me at all, I'm zen. You are obviously very bad at analyzing people's emotions online .Might want to cross "Psychic" off your list for possible vocations. Kiss

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:11:25 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1205 on: November 07, 2014, 03:06:19 PM »

So, in your opinion, when we say something positive, it?s not really positive, but rather an excuse that then allows us to say something negative?

No. I'm saying sometimes it seems like some post one nice thing so they can ramble on and on about things they don't like.

It's like posting one truth and filling the rest of the post with lies expecting people to be happy for the one truth you added to the post...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1206 on: November 07, 2014, 03:28:04 PM »

No. I'm saying sometimes it seems like some post one nice thing so they can ramble on and on about things they don't like.

It's like posting one truth and filling the rest of the post with lies expecting people to be happy for the one truth you added to the post...

Jesus Christ, Jarmo.  This comes off a wee bit paranoid. 

I really doubt anyone here is trying to establish cover to say (what you see as) unfair things.  I won't speak for anyone else that might be running a deep cover op, but I can assure you I'm not.  What you see is what I think. 

I'm not telling you that I think its a good thing Axl went on Kimmel, all so I can tell you that the shows from 2012 are pretty shaky.  The only connection between the two things is that they are both things I think.  I don't feel the need to set one up to say the other.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1207 on: November 07, 2014, 03:33:52 PM »

Also, honestly the things we?re saying are not negative?more like questioning the direction and focus of the band.  True negative shit is out there (and I?m sure you know that sites that engage in it) and it?s way different than what we are posting here. 

Some of the folks here can't have been to any of the other boards.  Or at the least, haven't been there in awhile.

What is considered treasonous around here would probably pass for support elsewhere.

We ask about the next tour and what to expect, throwing in that we hope they mix up the setlist.  Here, that's disloyal hating.  Elsewhere, we are likely greeted with taunts that the band is a joke and we are morons for even still following them.

This board is a like a gated community that has one mailbox get vandalized, and they consider it a crime wave.  Get out in the world, people.  Shit's rough out there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1208 on: November 07, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »

Get out in the world, people.  Shit's rough out there.

Why the fuck would you wanna visit a fan site where your favorite band is considered a joke?

To talk about sports? No thanks.

Once again, I don't care one bit what other sites do or don't do. Does not matter. No matter how "rough" or whatever it gets elsewhere, doesn't matter. Don't care. If fan forums hate other fan forums, let them. Got no interest in it. None.

I run my site the way I see fit and the others however they want. I do what I think is right. I'm aware that many consider my right, wrong, but that's their opinion. I'm not embarrassed to tell anyone this is the site I started 18 years ago.  Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1209 on: November 07, 2014, 04:10:02 PM »

Get out in the world, people.  Shit's rough out there.

Why the fuck would you wanna visit a fan site where your favorite band is considered a joke?

To talk about sports? No thanks.

Once again, I don't care one bit what other sites do or don't do. Does not matter. No matter how "rough" or whatever it gets elsewhere, doesn't matter. Don't care. If fan forums hate other fan forums, let them. Got no interest in it. None.

I run my site the way I see fit and the others however they want. I do what I think is right. I'm aware that many consider my right, wrong, but that's their opinion. I'm not embarrassed to tell anyone this is the site I started 18 years ago.  Smiley

You seem to relish a war with most of GNR fandom.  The crazy thing being that anyone still posting at this site is either directly or at the least indirectly on your side of that conflict.

No one choosing to post at this site given your 18 year track record of how you've run it is the enemy.  That's the point a handful of us are trying to get across here.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1210 on: November 07, 2014, 04:24:01 PM »

No, not at war with anything. Just don't agree with the mentality of certain fans.

I've met a bunch of fans at the shows all over the world and never had issues with them. We're all fans who attend shows.

Smiley

/jarmo

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #1211 on: November 07, 2014, 04:46:34 PM »

I like talking with you guys but I gotta say, I feel like some of you make an excuse not to talk about something when it isn't convenient for whatever point you are trying to make. You seem to just ignore certain points, even if they are really good ones, and then write them off as some kind of cultish phenomena. It's such a cop out. Did Gypsy Soul's post a few pages back come across as some desperate attempt to defend her precious Axl? I thought she put together quite the competent argument dealing with the subject at hand. It's like the only thing that will be settled for is a high five after someone makes a negative (or whatever the hell you want to call it) comment about the band. Don't dare argue with a counter point that paints the band in a favorable light or you will come across as some cult follower.

You say talking to some people is like talking to a brick wall but I have been reading this forum for a while now, a lot longer than I have been posting, and back then it seemed to me that both sides were like brick walls and it was always funny when one side of the argument said that to the other.

I'm glad you guys want the album. I'm glad you're here, glad you like GNR, glad you like to talk about GNR. I'm sorry for calling you frustrated Ginger King. I really enjoy conversing with you, believe it or not. Unlike Jaeball, I do not wish for anyone here to be shown the door. The more the merrier.

Mortis Murphy, I do not feel I misread your posts. Perhaps if you go back and add what you said together you will see what I was referring to in my response.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1212 on: November 07, 2014, 04:55:26 PM »

Taking all the sources I listed above at their word, there are 3 albums of stuff done, 1 of which we already have.  

But if we are going to take them at their word, we also have to take Ron at his word, right?  Ron says that in his time with the band, they have yet to write, record, or really even work on even one song.  So using the date we first see Ron as a starting point, that leaves you with this :

- 1998ish through 5.12.2006 : 3 albums of material written and recorded.

- 5.12.2006 through present day : Not one song has been written, recorded or worked on.

In terms of contrast, that's pretty stark.  The Bucket-Robin-Paul incarnation of this band has what we we'd have to estimate at around 35-40 songs.

The Ron-DJ-Richard has zero.  Not zero albums.  Zero songs.

Is that a great argument that he's fired up about his current band?  Then throw in that if we ever do actually get another album, its still from that Bucket-Robin-Paul batch.  In 8 years, Axl has never once shown interest in what the current band can do creatively.  They are given nothing but scraps from the table in the form of adding a few random riffs or drum fills to songs done by other people.

Is that a ringing endorsement of the current guys?

You're just going in circles repeating the same thing over and over without answering the question which is:

The only fact and ample evidence we have is that we have been told that there is 3 albums of material with one release from the "CD guys".  If, according to you, Axl is "less excited" and/or "less confident" "about working with the current band than he was with the people who did CD" HOW DOES THAT ACCOUNT FOR THAT TO DATE THE OTHER 2 ALBUMS OF MATERIAL HAVEN'T BEEN RELEASED?  What, according to your hypothesis, did those "CD guys" do wrong on all those other songs that stripped Axl of his confidence in that material??

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1213 on: November 07, 2014, 05:06:18 PM »

I think they haven't been released out of a combination of self doubt on his part stemming from how the last album flopped, coupled with an adversarial relationship with the label that he has done next to nothing to mend.

That's what holding up the album, in my view. 

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:10:13 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1214 on: November 07, 2014, 05:07:42 PM »

I like talking with you guys but I gotta say, I feel like some of you make an excuse not to talk about something when it isn't convenient for whatever point you are trying to make. You seem to just ignore certain points, even if they are really good ones, and then write them off as some kind of cultish phenomena. It's such a cop out. Did Gypsy Soul's post a few pages back come across as some desperate attempt to defend her precious Axl? I thought she put together quite the competent argument dealing with the subject at hand. It's like the only thing that will be settled for is a high five after someone makes a negative (or whatever the hell you want to call it) comment about the band. Don't dare argue with a counter point that paints the band in a favorable light or you will come across as some cult follower.

What specifically?

In terms of give and take, I can only speak for myself, but I try to respond to all points.  Even one I don't agree with. 

I may come back challenging the other person a bit, but my response has never been and will never be "what a stupid fucking idiot you must be."

Though I get that in return, don't I? 

And its fine, I'm a big boy.  But I'd put my approach up against most's in terms of civility or facilitating productive conversation.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:21:39 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1215 on: November 07, 2014, 05:14:02 PM »

I think they haven't been released out of a combination of self doubt on his part stemming from how the last album flopped, coupled with an adversarial relationship with the label that he has done next to nothing to mend.

That's what holding up the album, in my view. 

But that's separate from what I am talking about.

What's holding him up working on something that people in his band 5, or in Ron's case, 8 years come up with?  If he put together 3 albums with the last roster, why such little fire for the current one?

It's a stark contrast.

So why don't you think that those same reasons you give for CD II not being released also being the reasons he's hesitant to add more material (with the current line-up) to what's already in the vault?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1216 on: November 07, 2014, 05:18:23 PM »

So why don't you think that those same reasons you give for CD II not being released also being the reasons he's hesitant to add more material (with the current line-up) to what's already in the vault?

Not really.  I think he would have the doubt and the shit relationship with the label no matter what the next record is.

But it seems odd to me that you would have guys in your band going on 5-8 years now, and all they get to do is touch up other people's stuff.

Odds are, not every tune the last roster did was a gem.  I'm sure there are strong tracks, and ones Axl feels good about.  But is every one so untouchable, you can't put some Rose-Ashba-Thal tunes along side the Rose-Carroll-Finck ones?

That's the part I find strange.  If you are Ashba or Thal, does that make sense to you?

mortismurphy
« Reply #1217 on: November 07, 2014, 05:20:05 PM »

The astonishing thing is, for any other band such support does not exist. You are not going to see many Metallica fans defend St Anger. Queen were pilloried on the official board because of their cash grabbing when they put out their remasters, and because they refuse to put out an archival project. A lot of Neil Young fans get frustrated because he has whole albums buried in the vault. There are literally no other bands which commands, 100% positive support. Also, some of these older acts have extensive discographies and you will not find many Stones fans defend every release. If GN'R had continued to put out new releases, would Jarmo defend everyone I wonder?

The ironic thing is, even Axl has said stuff which would be tantamount to 'negativity' and 'trolling' here. Axl has joked about his own tardiness for instance on quite a few occasions, Yet we know that if I or dgeneration x complained about Axl's lateness, we would be labelled a ''troll'' by Jarmo, Emily and others. So, using your logic, would that make W. Axl Rose a spreader of negativity? You never know, one day Axl might criticise Chinese Democracy? It is fairly typical of artists to find certain errors in their past releases after all - especially when they are about to follow it up. Bumblefoot is surely a first-rate troll, and has been trolling his negativity since he joined the band? Buckethead is a troll for leaving Axl in the lurch and leaving behind a carefully worded letter of 'negativity' via his manager. Robin is a troll also when he criticised Axl's eccentric recording methods. HTGTH is so obsessed with censoring that it lives within its own bubble which does not even logically square with Newgnr themselves!
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #1218 on: November 07, 2014, 05:20:48 PM »

DX to answer your question:

Ginger King's post about the morning huddle. Was that any more of a real response than calling someone a fake fan?

Jarmo's post giving reasons for why it takes Axl a while to do things was ignored until he brought it up again.

The points that Gypsy Soul made about why it's ok for Axl to take his time if he wants also seems to have gone largely unnoticed.

Emily's point about Ron commenting on how he wrote some music with the band is also somehow deemed irrelevant.

Gypsy soul's question (which you seem to be answering now).

May not be on purpose, I realize there's a lot going on here.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:22:29 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1219 on: November 07, 2014, 06:02:24 PM »

Not really.  I think he would have the doubt and the shit relationship with the label no matter what the next record is.

But it seems odd to me that you would have guys in your band going on 5-8 years now, and all they get to do is touch up other people's stuff.

Odds are, not every tune the last roster did was a gem.  I'm sure there are strong tracks, and ones Axl feels good about.  But is every one so untouchable, you can't put some Rose-Ashba-Thal tunes along side the Rose-Carroll-Finck ones?

That's the part I find strange.  If you are Ashba or Thal, does that make sense to you?

But my question is that if as you say the doubt and shit relationship with the label were truly the issues, what possible incentive would he have to create even more new material?

IMO, self doubt and/or shit relationship with the label are not an issue with getting CD II released.  My guess would be it has more to do with copyright/legal issues to incorporate the material created by those no longer in the band with that of the current guys.

From all appearances/interviews/etc., Dj doesn't have an issue with the "GNR songwriting process".  Obviously, Dizzy, Chris, Richard and Tommy are already part of that same process.  I don't believe Frank has publicly given his opinion on the process either way.  So Bumblefoot's vision of what the "GNR songwriting process" should consist of, right or wrong, seems to differ from that of every other member of the band.

I'm not sure if Bumblefoot has ever commented on his input to the material left over that did not make it on CD and if he is not counting that as being part of the "GNR songwriting process" (as opposed to he's only giving his take on totally new material written together only by the current line-up?).

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: