Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:54:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 251480 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1180 on: November 07, 2014, 11:13:07 AM »

I don't see any issues with the stage show.  Its supposed to be just that, a show.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1181 on: November 07, 2014, 11:15:11 AM »

The statement that "since 2006 not one song has been written, recorded, nor worked on is yet another falsehood.

Here is a statement from Ron on reddit.

?]feconroses 23 points 10 months ago
Have you guys written and/or recorded any new songs since 2009?
[?]TheRealBumblefoot 15 points 10 months ago
Together, that we finished? No. Playing on each other's song ideas? Yes.

"Working on each other's song ideas" would indicate material had been worked on. yes

If you see this as a big win or "gotcha" type moment...hey, salud.

I'd counter it misses the overall point being made.

(and what's with the crossing out?)

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1182 on: November 07, 2014, 11:21:03 AM »

Are you saying no one should have an opinion? 

I find it somewhat puzzling that some fans tend to have more negative opinions than positive.

As soon as there's something to post about that's wrong, they flock like flies to crap.
If something is good, there might be a the obligatory post, if that.

Or that, everyone’s opinion should be whatever the band does is right?  Sorry, but I’m not going to be spoon fed my thoughts, although it seems many of you here are, and will go to great, even absurd lengths, to defend anything that may call into question anything the band has done. 

Nobody's spoon fed anything. That's just the usual "explanation" you and your kind come up with.
Just because others have a different opinion, it must be because they were told to believe that. Silly.

Reading posts by certain fans is like every day is Festivus. This is wrong, this is bad, that sucks, this shouldn't happen that way.

Seen it, more than once in the past 15 years. Sorry. It's not original, interesting or constructive.  Smiley

If you're concerned about this, and how people see you, why not post something positive once in a while? Instead of having a ratio of 1/10, try increasing it... Wink

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:27:57 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1183 on: November 07, 2014, 11:24:35 AM »

The statement that "since 2006 not one song has been written, recorded, nor worked on is yet another falsehood.

Here is a statement from Ron on reddit.

?]feconroses 23 points 10 months ago
Have you guys written and/or recorded any new songs since 2009?
[?]TheRealBumblefoot 15 points 10 months ago
Together, that we finished? No. Playing on each other's song ideas? Yes.

"Working on each other's song ideas" would indicate material had been worked on. yes

If you see this as a big win or "gotcha" type moment...hey, salud.

I'd counter it misses the overall point being made.

(and what's with the crossing out?)

Simple typo in copy pasting, nothing premeditated nor "cultish". I'm enroute and on cell, typos happen.

It does mean that songs have been worked on, so that statement about "nothing has been written, recorded, nor worked on since 2006" is false.

Seems some are not beyond posting falsehood as fact to further their agenda.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1184 on: November 07, 2014, 11:27:31 AM »

I find it somewhat puzzling that some fans tend to have more negative opinions than positive.

As soon as there's something to post about that's wrong, they flock like flies to crap.
If something is good, there might be a the obligatory post, if that.

I would concede this point if I could ever recall one instance where you felt speaking about something that went wrong or didn't happen was ever legit or in bounds.

But you circle the wagons and push back HARD on just about everything.  There is no nuance.  Everything is this grave insult, even if, in truth, its just an observation.

Am I missing something you felt it was OK to be critical of?  I am not being flippant when I say I can't literally recall one example.  Did I miss one?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1185 on: November 07, 2014, 11:30:42 AM »

It does mean that songs have been worked on, so that statement about "nothing has been written, recorded, nor worked on since 2006" is false.

But was what you posted a real game changer that turns the conversation on its head?  That would be my question.

The topic was about the huge disparity in the work done in from 1998-2006 versus 2006-now. 

I did make the point that nothing was done, yes.  You came back with "no, Ron actually said they worked on that song, that time."

Does that really address the point though?  Or, as you see it, correcting that slight difference means we don't have to talk about an overall inconvenient state of affairs?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1186 on: November 07, 2014, 11:36:50 AM »

Am I missing something you felt it was OK to be critical of?

What am I supposed to be critical of?

The setlist? The name?  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1187 on: November 07, 2014, 11:44:00 AM »

Am I missing something you felt it was OK to be critical of?

What am I supposed to be critical of?

The setlist? The name?  rofl

You could at least do me the courtesy to answer the question, Jarmo.

Has there been something you would feel it would be OK to be critical of?  You already have my take.  I can't think of one example where you did.

I'm asking you if you can refute that claim, if you feel you can.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1188 on: November 07, 2014, 11:47:11 AM »

But was what you posted a real game changer that turns the conversation on its head?  That would be my question.

The topic was about the huge disparity in the work done in from 1998-2006 versus 2006-now. 

I did make the point that nothing was done, yes.  You came back with "no, Ron actually said they worked on that song, that time."

Does that really address the point though?  Or, as you see it, correcting that slight difference means we don't have to talk about an overall inconvenient state of affairs?

I said nothing about "that one time" kindly don't fabricate things.

The statement was made that "nothing had been written, recorded, nor worked on since 2006" and I posted an excerpt from Ron that disproved that statement.

Simple no?

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1189 on: November 07, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »

If something was wrong, it was fixed. Case in point, the first fan club t-shirt. Somehow they managed to send out a non-exclusive t-shirt. The fan club was made aware of it and fixed it.

Do we need to keep bringing it up year after year? Not really. It was fixed. Done.

If I don't understand something, I try to find an answer and/or help understanding it.  So far, that has worked. I don't feel a need to carry on being critical of things from years ago.
I'm sorry your show was canceled about 12 years ago. I was gonna attend a show in Portland, ME that was canceled. These things happen. Am I critical over it? No.
Other shows I planned to attend were canceled over the years. And I'm not talking about GN'R here.

I love the band. I love other bands as well. I don't think about things to be critical of for any of them. Seems like a waste of time.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1190 on: November 07, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »

The statement was made that "nothing had been written, recorded, nor worked on since 2006" and I posted an excerpt from Ron that disproved that statement.

Simple no?

Good talk as always, Emily.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1191 on: November 07, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »

I love the band. I love other bands as well. I don't think about things to be critical of for any of them. Seems like a waste of time.

And there it is. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1192 on: November 07, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »

Now, if somebody actually cared enough to challenge you to list the things you like about GN'R today.... Great things that happened in the past five years.

Excluding the Revolver interview since it's the thing you keep coming back to as something good. Must be nice to have something to prove how positive and supportive you are. Wink

/jarmo

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1193 on: November 07, 2014, 12:15:23 PM »

Simple no?

Good talk as always, Emily.

Sorry you get so upset when I point out inconsistencies in your writing,  and supposed reasoning.

I simply disputed a statement that was made with a quote, dont know where you concocted "that one time" scenario.

It isnt that complicated.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1194 on: November 07, 2014, 12:18:09 PM »

Now, if somebody actually cared enough to challenge you to list the things you like about GN'R today.... Great things that happened in the past five years.

- solid shows in 2009 and 2010
- bringing back some of the classic songs that had not been played in some time
- patching it up with Duff
- interview on Kimmel
- taking to Twitter to communicate with other human beings, and showing some levity in the process

That would be the top 5 off the top of my head.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1195 on: November 07, 2014, 12:20:41 PM »

Sorry you get so upset when I point out inconsistencies in your writing,  and supposed reasoning.

I don't get upset, I get annoyed.  I get upset at real life stuff.  You are a name on a screen.

I get annoyed when people look for a semantic escape hatch to avoid talking about a subject they find inconvenient, which is what you are doing right now.

The overall issue is the disparity of activity between the two line-ups.  But you want no parts of that one.  So we focus on one line out of a multi-paragraph post, because its the only thing you can latch onto to avoid having an uncomfortable conversation.

Lame.  And I have no time for it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1196 on: November 07, 2014, 12:27:58 PM »

I don't get upset, I get annoyed. 

Awww. But it's only a rock band. Didn't you just tell me that yesterday?

Thanks for the list by the way. Some positive thinking wasn't so horrible now was it? Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1197 on: November 07, 2014, 12:33:20 PM »

I don't get upset, I get annoyed. 

Awww. But it's only a rock band. Didn't you just tell me that yesterday?

I did.

But I am talking about Emily, not Guns N' Roses.

Thanks for the list by the way. Some positive thinking wasn't so horrible now was it? Smiley

I say positive things quite often.

I have watched you skip over them entirely to get to another line within the same post that ruffles your feathers.

It used to annoy me, but then I learned its just how you roll.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1198 on: November 07, 2014, 12:49:44 PM »

I don't get upset, I get annoyed.  I get upset at real life stuff.  You are a name on a screen.

I get annoyed when people look for a semantic escape hatch to avoid talking about a subject they find inconvenient, which is what you are doing right now.

The overall issue is the disparity of activity between the two line-ups.  But you want no parts of that one.  So we focus on one line out of a multi-paragraph post, because its the only thing you can latch onto to avoid having an uncomfortable conversation.

Lame.  And I have no time for it.

I find it lame to read constant complaints, whining and bitching on a fan forum for a band I've loved for 20 years. I find it lame that a certain few go out of their way to constantly critique and take cheap shots, offer unsolicited amateur advice and offer supposed solution for things that are non-negotiable.

The statement was made that "since 2006 nothing had been written, recorded or worked on".

I provided a statement that rendered that a lie.
You concocted some statement about it being "that one time".

Now you want to change the topic to other things, without  admitting that the statement was false, as was your concocted statement about "that one time"

I have no time nor tolerance for that.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1199 on: November 07, 2014, 01:01:06 PM »

Emily, that's the third regurgitation of the same point that was only mildly interesting on its first go round.

You are obviously completely disinterested in an actual intelligent conversation about the topic.  And at this point, the feeling is mutual.

Three strikes and you're out, I'm afraid.  Move on.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: