Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 09:46:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 251566 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1160 on: November 06, 2014, 08:47:22 PM »

Or self doubt.
Or confidence in himself and his career.  That he's earned the right and respect of the fans and his business partners to do what he wants, when he wants with the confidence knowing that those same fans and business partners are still here supporting him and his decisions.

I think there is ample evidence to support the thinking he is either less excited, less confident (or both) about working with the current band than he was with the people who did CD.

I'm not sure you need to look further than the fact he allegedly wrote and recorded 3 albums of material with those guys, and not one single song with the current fellas. 
With these two sentences, you're contradicting your own argument ... not to mention the oxymoron of "the FACT he ALLEGEDLY" statement.

The only fact and ample evidence we have is that we have been told that there is 3 albums of material with one release from the "CD guys".  If, according to you, Axl is "less excited" and/or "less confident" "about working with the current band than he was with the people who did CD" how does that account for that to date the other 2 albums of material haven't been released?  What, according to your hypothesis, did those CD guys do wrong on all those other songs that stripped Axl of his confidence in that material??

Could that all be chalked up to "personal reasons"?  Well...I think you have to *really* want to believe to think that's the problem for 8 years.
Why does it have to be a "problem"?
"Working" when/if/where/how/with whomever one chooses is a goal that every working person in every walk of life strives for.

Izzy, from all appearances, has achieved this SUCCESS.
IMO, Axl has earned himself this SUCCESS............((obviously not in the same way as Izzy only due to if Izzy for example makes a commitment to do a guest appearance BUT FOR NO OTHER REASON EXCEPT HIS OWN doesn't show up, everyone accepts that! (gotta love that Izzy)). 

But I think we can all agree that in a lot of other ways, Axl's SUCCESSES are well earned and nice too.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #1161 on: November 06, 2014, 09:11:35 PM »

Gypsy soul nailed it! The Slam Dunk text below her avatar couldn't be more appropriate.

I think if I was in Axl's shoes I might at some point want to be able to live on the down low away from the GNR rigmarole when and if I chose to. You only get one life and you have to take the time to do whatever it is you want to do with it. If Axl isn't in any rush to sell a shit load of records or whatever then that's understandable, especially considering he's already done it before.

As the great Jagger once said:

"I'm free
 to do what I want
 any old time!"

Axl may agree with Jagger's sentiments on that one. Why is it that Axl taking things at his own pace must mean he has lost faith in his own ability and fellow band mates? This outlook makes no sense to me.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 09:33:13 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1162 on: November 06, 2014, 09:16:54 PM »

Flying pianos Jarmo? The sight of Axl Rose, suspended mid-air, croaking through November Rain, is simply laughable; I nearly choked on my beer when I first saw it. Pure Spinal Tap.
The flying piano was used in the 2012 residency not the 2014 residency.  It being there in 2012 probably had to do more with filming for release in 3D than anything else.  But just like the dancers (which IMO do an awesome job), the stage ambiance only enhances the experience.  It's like what's being shown on the video screens.  It takes nothing away from the actual GNR performance.

And from all accounts, Axl above and beyond nailed the vocals during the 2014 residency.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mortismurphy
« Reply #1163 on: November 06, 2014, 10:31:04 PM »

So now your complaint (or observation, whatever you want to call it) is not the stage gimmicks but the lack of an album. If only they had a new album the stage gimmicks would be forgivable. But the album is not out yet, and Axl has no excuse to take his time with it because he is not a real artist because of his use of stage gimmicks. Is this where you are coming from?

And not only that, but they made the decision to close up shop and become an oldies act? I haven't caught wind of that news yet, you must really be in the know man! Last I heard they were working on getting their newest album released.

I think you have misread my post.

Emily's post deserves the silence it deserves.
mortismurphy
« Reply #1164 on: November 06, 2014, 10:34:40 PM »

Flying pianos Jarmo? The sight of Axl Rose, suspended mid-air, croaking through November Rain, is simply laughable; I nearly choked on my beer when I first saw it. Pure Spinal Tap.
The flying piano was used in the 2012 residency not the 2014 residency.  It being there in 2012 probably had to do more with filming for release in 3D than anything else.  But just like the dancers (which IMO do an awesome job), the stage ambiance only enhances the experience.  It's like what's being shown on the video screens.  It takes nothing away from the actual GNR performance.

And from all accounts, Axl above and beyond nailed the vocals during the 2014 residency.

I suppose I support the wrong band. Personally, when I watched Axl's piano lift off (I am of course referring to the vegas dvd) it brought fits of laughter unseen since I first watched Spinal Tap. But, if you lot like it, knock yourself out...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1165 on: November 07, 2014, 12:33:42 AM »

I suppose I support the wrong band. Personally, when I watched Axl's piano lift off (I am of course referring to the vegas dvd) it brought fits of laughter unseen since I first watched Spinal Tap. But, if you lot like it, knock yourself out...

Why so defensive dude?  I wasn't attacking you personally or questioning your support of the band.  All I did was point out that a possible reason for them using the flying piano in 2012 was for the visual special effect it would have in the 3D blu-ray they were filming for public release.

mortismurphy
« Reply #1166 on: November 07, 2014, 04:58:35 AM »

Not defensive at all.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #1167 on: November 07, 2014, 07:48:51 AM »

Maybe the flying piano was just a cool idea?

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1168 on: November 07, 2014, 07:54:07 AM »

Maybe it's just something different and fun. Giving the fans in attendance a different exclusive experience they wouldn't get at their local venue.

Seriously. The songs they play is an issue and now even the production in Las Vegas is an issue for some. Amusing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1169 on: November 07, 2014, 08:37:08 AM »

there are two people here with extremist views and posts on opposite ends of the spectrum.... they both should be shown the door......

but unfortunately nobody cares about my opinion  Grin

btw I liked the flying piano

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #1170 on: November 07, 2014, 09:05:09 AM »

Do you guys all huddle each morning and come up with a checklist of replies?  ?Ok?entitled, trolls, frustrated, make sure to get that out there.  Oh, and make sure to ask them how they know so much?they must be an insider.?  It?s pretty annoying to have to wade through the bs to have an actual discussion.

Are you saying no one should have an opinion?  Or that, everyone?s opinion should be whatever the band does is right?  Sorry, but I?m not going to be spoon fed my thoughts, although it seems many of you here are, and will go to great, even absurd lengths, to defend anything that may call into question anything the band has done.  That?s why this place has a cult-like reputation.  You either drink the kool-aid, or you?re an entitled, frustrated, troll demanding the band do what you want them to do.

To be clear:  I (and I think others here) are not frustrated.  Do not confuse my annoyance with your behavior as frustration with the band.  Axl can do whatever the fuck he wants, whenever the fuck he wants, and somehow I?ll still make it home to my family every night.

Also, to be clear, I am not complaining about strippers.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1171 on: November 07, 2014, 09:05:45 AM »

Gypsy soul nailed it! The Slam Dunk text below her avatar couldn't be more appropriate.

I think if I was in Axl's shoes I might at some point want to be able to live on the down low away from the GNR rigmarole when and if I chose to. You only get one life and you have to take the time to do whatever it is you want to do with it. If Axl isn't in any rush to sell a shit load of records or whatever then that's understandable, especially considering he's already done it before.

"I'm free
 to do what I want
 any old time!"

Axl may agree with Jagger's sentiments on that one. Why is it that Axl taking things at his own pace must mean he has lost faith in his own ability and fellow band mates? This outlook makes no sense to me.

Again, this all goes back to the name.
I think people just naturally thought that since Axl kept it, he intended to do something with it.
Had he went solo, I?d agree, no one would be clamoring for a release. He?d be more free to work at his own pace without the weight of the GN?R name on his shoulders.
The fact that he decided to continue on as GN?R without integral members lead people to believe he must have had some serious tricks up his sleeves.
He was pretty bold to believe he could carry the GN?R name forward, and one would think he?d be motivated to prove he was right.
Unfortunately he hasn?t made much of a case, and time isn?t on his side when it comes to the court of public opinion.

Maybe his plans have been derailed beyond his control.
Maybe his priorities have changed.
Maybe they haven?t, and he just can?t get out of his own way.
Maybe he?s uninspired by those around him.

No one knows, hence the curiosity and speculation.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1172 on: November 07, 2014, 09:11:20 AM »

Do you guys all huddle each morning and come up with a checklist of replies?  ?Ok?entitled, trolls, frustrated, make sure to get that out there.  Oh, and make sure to ask them how they know so much?they must be an insider.?  It?s pretty annoying to have to wade through the bs to have an actual discussion.

Are you saying no one should have an opinion?  Or that, everyone?s opinion should be whatever the band does is right?  Sorry, but I?m not going to be spoon fed my thoughts, although it seems many of you here are, and will go to great, even absurd lengths, to defend anything that may call into question anything the band has done.  That?s why this place has a cult-like reputation.  You either drink the kool-aid, or you?re an entitled, frustrated, troll demanding the band do what you want them to do.

To be clear:  I (and I think others here) are not frustrated.  Do not confuse my annoyance with your behavior as frustration with the band.  Axl can do whatever the fuck he wants, whenever the fuck he wants, and somehow I?ll still make it home to my family every night.

Lol @ the strippers comment

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1173 on: November 07, 2014, 09:13:20 AM »

"I'm free
 to do what I want
 any old time!"

Again, this all goes back to the name.
I think people just naturally thought that since Axl kept it, he intended to do something with it.
Had he went solo, I?d agree, no one would be clamoring for a release. He?d be more free to work at his own pace without the weight of the GN?R name on his shoulders.
The fact that he decided to continue on as GN?R without integral members lead people to believe he must have had some serious tricks up his sleeves.
He was pretty bold to believe he could carry the GN?R name forward, and one would think he?d be motivated to prove he was right.
Unfortunately he hasn?t made much of a case, and time isn?t on his side when it comes to the court of public opinion.

Maybe his plans have been derailed beyond his control.
Maybe his priorities have changed.
Maybe they haven?t, and he just can?t get out of his own way.
Maybe he?s uninspired by those around him.

No one knows, hence the curiosity and speculation.

Spot on...

It always comes back around to the GNR name...doesn't it?

whether you are critical of him using the name or not... it sill comes back to it

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1174 on: November 07, 2014, 09:19:49 AM »

With these two sentences, you're contradicting your own argument ... not to mention the oxymoron of "the FACT he ALLEGEDLY" statement.

Then let me clarify.  The topic in question is the claim that Axl has 3 albums worth of material recorded.

The "fact" is just that, a fact.  That is based on being told this by several sources.  Sebastian Bach, several producers, members of the band, and Axl himself.  

The "allegedly" there refers to how I, personally, am skeptical of that.  That is based on 2 factors.  Not one leak we got was every anything but another version of the same batch of songs.  That does not prove there are no more, but you'd think we'd have at least one.  Also factor in that we have only ever heard one song played live that did not wind up on the album, that being 'Silkworms'.  Again, not proof there is not more there, but also not a strong argument there is this wealth of stuff. 

That is just my personal read based on the evidence I have to go on.  I am not claiming this as gospel truth.

The only fact and ample evidence we have is that we have been told that there is 3 albums of material with one release from the "CD guys".  If, according to you, Axl is "less excited" and/or "less confident" "about working with the current band than he was with the people who did CD" how does that account for that to date the other 2 albums of material haven't been released?  What, according to your hypothesis, did those CD guys do wrong on all those other songs that stripped Axl of his confidence in that material??

Taking all the sources I listed above at their word, there are 3 albums of stuff done, 1 of which we already have.  

But if we are going to take them at their word, we also have to take Ron at his word, right?  Ron says that in his time with the band, they have yet to write, record, or really even work on even one song.  So using the date we first see Ron as a starting point, that leaves you with this :

- 1998ish through 5.12.2006 : 3 albums of material written and recorded.

- 5.12.2006 through present day : Not one song has been written, recorded or worked on.

In terms of contrast, that's pretty stark.  The Bucket-Robin-Paul incarnation of this band has what we we'd have to estimate at around 35-40 songs.

The Ron-DJ-Richard has zero.  Not zero albums.  Zero songs.

Is that a great argument that he's fired up about his current band?  Then throw in that if we ever do actually get another album, its still from that Bucket-Robin-Paul batch.  In 8 years, Axl has never once shown interest in what the current band can do creatively.  They are given nothing but scraps from the table in the form of adding a few random riffs or drum fills to songs done by other people.

Is that a ringing endorsement of the current guys?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1175 on: November 07, 2014, 09:27:44 AM »

Great points and I agree.

My frustration is not with the band's inaction.  I've long made my peace with the glacier like pace he works.

The frustration is with the group think apologist mindset that feels the need to never concede even one inch, and a stubborn insistence all is right with the world.

Think how much less we'd have to have this same conversation if the "loyal fans" could ever throw even the slightest bone.  The law of averages dictates that some of us must have made one legit point, even by sheer accident.

The frustration lies in the fact that its like talking to a brick fucking wall sometimes.  I personally get the impression that some here have made the value determination that even hinting at concession of one of these points is some sign of weakness.  People are SO dug in.  I've seen political spin rooms that don't stay this on message.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #1176 on: November 07, 2014, 09:28:05 AM »

Then let me clarify.  The topic in question is the claim that Axl has 3 albums worth of material recorded.

The "fact" is just that, a fact.  That is based on being told this by several sources.  Sebastian Bach, several producers, members of the band, and Axl himself.  

The "allegedly" there refers to how I, personally, am skeptical of that.  That is based on 2 factors.  Not one leak we got was every anything but another version of the same batch of songs.  That does not prove there are no more, but you'd think we'd have at least one.  Also factor in that we have only ever heard one song played live that did not wind up on the album, that being 'Silkworms'.  Again, not proof there is not more there, but also not a strong argument there is this wealth of stuff. 

That is just my personal read based on the evidence I have to go on.  I am not claiming this as gospel truth.

Taking all the sources I listed above at their word, there are 3 albums of stuff done, 1 of which we already have.  

But if we are going to take them at their word, we also have to take Ron at his word, right?  Ron says that in his time with the band, they have yet to write, record, or really even work on even one song.  So using the date we first see Ron as a starting point, that leaves you with this :

- 5.12.2006 through present day : Not one song has been written, recorded or worked on.

In terms of contrast, that's pretty stark.  The Bucket-Robin-Paul incarnation of this band has what we we'd have to estimate at around 35-40 songs.

Is that a great argument that he's fired up about his current band?  Then throw in that if we ever do actually get another album, its still from that Bucket-Robin-Paul batch.  In 8 years, Axl has never once shown interest in what the current band can do creatively.  They are given nothing but scraps from the table in the form of adding a few random riffs or drum fills to songs done by other people.

These are all good points...it's too bad that instead of a meaningful response you will be labeled a heretic.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1177 on: November 07, 2014, 09:45:09 AM »

These are all good points...it's too bad that instead of a meaningful response you will be labeled a heretic.

Only by a few.

Don't get me wrong, that post goes over like a fart in church.  But most will at least have a conversation.  Its only a select few that don't respond with anything but personal attacks and projection.

They are ignored, as they should be.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1178 on: November 07, 2014, 11:03:48 AM »

The statement that "since 2006 not one song has been written, recorded, nor worked on is yet another falsehood.

Here is a statement from Ron on reddit.

?]feconroses 23 points 10 months ago
Have you guys written and/or recorded any new songs since 2009?
[?]TheRealBumblefoot 15 points 10 months ago
Together, that we finished? No. Playing on each other's song ideas? Yes.

"Working on each other's song ideas" would indicate material had been worked on. yes

Link:http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1tti1i/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:18:01 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1179 on: November 07, 2014, 11:05:02 AM »

Maybe it's just something different and fun. Giving the fans in attendance a different exclusive experience they wouldn't get at their local venue.

Seriously. The songs they play is an issue and now even the production in Las Vegas is an issue for some. Amusing.

/jarmo

I thought it was pretty cool.  It was funny at one of the last two shows when Axl joked about not wanting to be on a piano flying over the crowd.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: