Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 06:14:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 251854 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1120 on: November 06, 2014, 11:57:31 AM »

It's because you keep "forgetting" to respond to posts.

You made the argument that the only reason for a delay in releasing music is a lack of confidence in it. I pointed out that even these so called rock stars have lives. Sometimes things happen. Other things become more important than finishing an album. You can't seem to wrap your head around this.

So, I asked you multiple times, if you really can't see any reason why somebody would choose to take a break from being a "rock star".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #1121 on: November 06, 2014, 12:01:47 PM »

It's because you keep "forgetting" to respond to posts.

You made the argument that the only reason for a delay in releasing music is a lack of confidence in it. I pointed out that even these so called rock stars have lives. Sometimes things happen. Other things become more important than finishing an album. You can't seem to wrap your head around this.

So, I asked you multiple times, if you really can't see any reason why somebody would choose to take a break from being a "rock star".

/jarmo

Many rock stars take time off to raise children.
What are some other reasons?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1122 on: November 06, 2014, 12:04:31 PM »

I'm sure you can use your imagination.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR2014
Rocker

« Reply #1123 on: November 06, 2014, 12:06:47 PM »

/jarmo

Maybe fear?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1124 on: November 06, 2014, 12:09:49 PM »

OK, I do sort of remember this now.

I feel lack of confidence is a factor.  The sole factor?  No.  But I think its there.

In fact, I believe the point I made at the time was that I didn't see a real strong argument that a guy brimming with confidence and overflowing ambition spends this much downtime doing nothing.  I stand by that.

If your response to that is that he does not lack confidence and is actually raring to get things done, but there are other factors stopping him...well, I guess I can't discount that.  But weighed against a decades long track record of inactivity, I do think its strains credibility somewhat.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1125 on: November 06, 2014, 12:12:38 PM »

/jarmo

Maybe fear?

Or self doubt.

I think there is ample evidence to support the thinking he is either less excited, less confident (or both) about working with the current band than he was with the people who did CD.

I'm not sure you need to look further than the fact he allegedly wrote and recorded 3 albums of material with those guys, and not one single song with the current fellas. 

Could that all be chalked up to "personal reasons"?  Well...I think you have to *really* want to believe to think that's the problem for 8 years.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #1126 on: November 06, 2014, 12:32:56 PM »

Personally, I'm not fan of artists because of what they might release. I'm a fan because of what they have released.

/jarmo

So you're not a fan of the current lineup?  Cheesy
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1127 on: November 06, 2014, 12:45:16 PM »

Ginger King, you won't get any of that "you aren't real fans" stuff from me. Anyone here talking about the band as often as we are, hell, they must be a pretty big fan. It's just you seem pretty frustrated with certain things and I really want to understand where you are coming from. So I guess we are assuming the songs are done. Is that what's been said by the band? If that's the case, I guess any other number of issues could be holding the next album back from being released. Those matters could be in the band's control, and then again they may not be. To be honest with you I have no idea. I feel like sometimes people assume the worst with this band or refuse to give them any kind of benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they are doing their best to get everything done in a way that lives up to the standard they have in place for themselves. I'm glad to hear you are a fan of CD though!

It was Axl himself who said the songs are done.  Sure, it's possible the record company is delaying the release, obviously we don't know why they are not released.  But as possible as record company apathy could be, isn't also possible that the band's not doing everything it can to release it?  I still believe that if Axl really wanted this material out, he'd find a way to get it out.  I think it is that simple.  But that might involve some form of (gasp!) compromise between him and the label. 

And, to be clear, I am many things.  Frustrated because Guns n Roses isn't releasing new music is not one of them.

He said the RECORDING was done, albums also have to be mixed, mastered, and an entire plethora of other tasks before they can be released. Considering the last album release, I can definitely see taking extra time to see that everything is done right.

It?s amazing the levels you will go to defend the continued delay.  Only in GnR land does the second half of CD being ?already recorded? mean it?s not done.  That?s a good one.

These songs have been recorded for how long?5?10?15 years, what else is left to do?  Lay vocals?  Re-master and re-layer guitar solos?  Didn?t we go down that road before with little to no results?  As an artist, aren?t you supposed to learn from the past, or else you risk repeating past mistakes?  Before you blow a lid and exclaim Axl's never made a mistake, I believe he's admitted to making some.

What?s laughable is the extent people will go to defend Axl?s artistic songwriting process.  He?s not tinkering with the magic potion to cure a fatal disease.  He?s singing a song.  Why do the basic laws of making an album (and reason) cease to exist when it comes to this band?

Nah, what is laughable is you choose to ignore the fact that there is a great deal more steps to releasing an album even when recording is done, I suggest you get  a reputable book and read about mixing,mastering, and marketing so at least your entitled mindset won't be totally clueless and ignorant to the process. Wink

If you are tired of waiting, don't- live your life! (Now where have I heard that? ) hihi

I think you would be much better served take the side of it's up to Axl when his work is out... instead of going on and on about the process of mixing and mastering... not that I believe you have any clue what goes in to that either.

Because we are way past that point....I admit I don't know the first thing about it... but I'm also pretty sure it doesn't take roughly 14 years (figured id throw in in a gnr song reference)

Believe what you want, you will anyway because it serves and props up your narrative to be negative and act like the album you mistakenly feel is "owed" to you is somehow overdue.

Newsflash, it isnt- and the timeframe between releases isn't even setting a precedent- the rules are there are no set rules in time between releases.

I'm sorry GNR doesn't operate to please you, poor misguided, entitled thing  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1128 on: November 06, 2014, 12:51:19 PM »

Isn't a rather weird state of affairs where its the entitled, obsessed, ungrateful wretches that seem that more interested in seeing the band flourish than the "loyal" ones?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1129 on: November 06, 2014, 12:56:12 PM »

Ginger King, you won't get any of that "you aren't real fans" stuff from me. Anyone here talking about the band as often as we are, hell, they must be a pretty big fan. It's just you seem pretty frustrated with certain things and I really want to understand where you are coming from. So I guess we are assuming the songs are done. Is that what's been said by the band? If that's the case, I guess any other number of issues could be holding the next album back from being released. Those matters could be in the band's control, and then again they may not be. To be honest with you I have no idea. I feel like sometimes people assume the worst with this band or refuse to give them any kind of benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they are doing their best to get everything done in a way that lives up to the standard they have in place for themselves. I'm glad to hear you are a fan of CD though!

It was Axl himself who said the songs are done.  Sure, it's possible the record company is delaying the release, obviously we don't know why they are not released.  But as possible as record company apathy could be, isn't also possible that the band's not doing everything it can to release it?  I still believe that if Axl really wanted this material out, he'd find a way to get it out.  I think it is that simple.  But that might involve some form of (gasp!) compromise between him and the label. 

And, to be clear, I am many things.  Frustrated because Guns n Roses isn't releasing new music is not one of them.

He said the RECORDING was done, albums also have to be mixed, mastered, and an entire plethora of other tasks before they can be released. Considering the last album release, I can definitely see taking extra time to see that everything is done right.

It?s amazing the levels you will go to defend the continued delay.  Only in GnR land does the second half of CD being ?already recorded? mean it?s not done.  That?s a good one.

These songs have been recorded for how long?5?10?15 years, what else is left to do?  Lay vocals?  Re-master and re-layer guitar solos?  Didn?t we go down that road before with little to no results?  As an artist, aren?t you supposed to learn from the past, or else you risk repeating past mistakes?  Before you blow a lid and exclaim Axl's never made a mistake, I believe he's admitted to making some.

What?s laughable is the extent people will go to defend Axl?s artistic songwriting process.  He?s not tinkering with the magic potion to cure a fatal disease.  He?s singing a song.  Why do the basic laws of making an album (and reason) cease to exist when it comes to this band?

Nah, what is laughable is you choose to ignore the fact that there is a great deal more steps to releasing an album even when recording is done, I suggest you get  a reputable book and read about mixing,mastering, and marketing so at least your entitled mindset won't be totally clueless and ignorant to the process. Wink

If you are tired of waiting, don't- live your life! (Now where have I heard that? ) hihi

I think you would be much better served take the side of it's up to Axl when his work is out... instead of going on and on about the process of mixing and mastering... not that I believe you have any clue what goes in to that either.

Because we are way past that point....I admit I don't know the first thing about it... but I'm also pretty sure it doesn't take roughly 14 years (figured id throw in in a gnr song reference)

Believe what you want, you will anyway because it serves and props up your narrative to be negative and act like the album you mistakenly feel is "owed" to you is somehow overdue.

Newsflash, it isnt- and the timeframe between releases isn't even setting a precedent- the rules are there are no set rules in time between releases.

I'm sorry GNR doesn't operate to please you, poor misguided, entitled thing  Kiss

emily... please come back to us...on planet earth...

we are discussing it...not just dismissing anything that might make ur beloved Guns N Roses look bad... I do not have a negative narrative in any way... try figuring it out... just a fan of the product... we want more of it ... that "owed bullshit" is so tired and lame I can't even respond to it anymore...come up with some original material anyway

again... us on planet earth...come join us...it's nice here

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1130 on: November 06, 2014, 12:57:02 PM »

Isn't a rather weird state of affairs where its the entitled, obsessed, ungrateful wretches that seem that more interested in seeing the band flourish than the "loyal" ones?

I shouldnt even respond to this, it is quite obviously a troll statement.

Fact is I support the band doing things on their terms, and I am not misguided, deceived and mistakenly entitled so I have no problems with the frustration people like you must feel, and complain about on multiple message boards on a daily basis.

Learning the difference between wants and needs is a step toward maturity.  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1131 on: November 06, 2014, 12:59:30 PM »

I shouldnt even respond to this, it is quite obviously a troll statement.

Fact is I support the band doing things on their terms, and I am not misguided, deceived and mistakenly entitled so I have no problems with the frustration people like you must feel, and complain about on multiple message boards on a daily basis.

Learning the difference between wants and needs is a step toward maturity.  Kiss

Well, if maturity is the topic, you'd obviously be leading the discussion.

Do you really follow what I say on other boards?  Its always nice to meet a fan.  #humbling

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1132 on: November 06, 2014, 01:01:23 PM »

emily... please come back to us...on planet earth...

we are discussing it...not just dismissing anything that might make ur beloved Guns N Roses look bad... I do not have a negative narrative in any way... try figuring it out... just a fan of the product... we want more of it ... that "owed bullshit" is so tired and lame I can't even respond to it anymore...come up with some original material anyway

again... us on planet earth...come join us...it's nice here

I'm the one grounded in the reality aspect here, you might want to embrace some truth. The album isnt late, it isnt delayed, it will be ready when it is ready- pretty simple concept to grasp you would think. hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1133 on: November 06, 2014, 01:03:46 PM »

Ok

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1134 on: November 06, 2014, 01:05:35 PM »

Hahahaha

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1135 on: November 06, 2014, 01:14:16 PM »

Personally, I'm not fan of artists because of what they might release. I'm a fan because of what they have released.

/jarmo

So you're not a fan of the current lineup?  Cheesy

It's Guns N' Roses. Ding dong...

Haha!

If you honestly believe in that, you're quite the character.

Your negativity on the Internet is somehow in your mind translated into meaning you want the band, that you don't even consider GN'R, to flourish while those of us who stuck with the band through everything, don't?

Amusing.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1136 on: November 06, 2014, 01:28:51 PM »

Haha!

If you honestly believe in that, you're quite the character.

Aren't I though?

Your negativity on the Internet is somehow in your mind translated into meaning you want the band, that you don't even consider GN'R, to flourish while those of us who stuck with the band through everything, don't?

Anyone still at this board in 2014 has stuck with them, I got news for you.

I have a desire to see my favorite band out there.  Doing stuff.  Making their mark and being judged on their merits.

Not as excited when I hear the name Guns N' Roses come up and have most people come back with "oh, are they even still together?"

That's what inactivity and prolonged disappearances buys you : irrelevance.  Out of sight, out of mind.

I'm coming from a direction where I would rather than NOT be the case.  And I completely reject that its a sign of "loyalty" to want your favorite band to currently reside in the Federal Witness Protection program of the "where are they now?" file.  Also completely reject that and you should pull muscles patting yourself on the back for your stance.

I know you think that you have to say this shit for when The Rapture comes so you will be spared.  I don't share that view.  I see no upside in being irrelevant.  Its not noble.  Its not preferable.  Its not a good thing. 

Its just bad business.

GNR2014
Rocker

« Reply #1137 on: November 06, 2014, 01:34:24 PM »

Even the band members themselves have said they hope to finish the new album "soon."
I guess the members of the band are also poor, misguided and entitled.
Do I have that correct?

"I?m hoping to finish up the next Guns n Roses album soon"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1138 on: November 06, 2014, 01:39:21 PM »

Even the band members themselves have said they hope to finish the new album "soon."
Do I have that correct?

"I’m hoping to finish up the next Guns n Roses album soon"

What?

You make very little sense with your attempts at trolling.

It's not negative to want to finish an album, or hope to release it, or want to release it, or want to buy it, or love to listen to it.

The negativity comes in when people go on and on about how the band sucks for not releasing it now. It's a constant whine fest. Who does that help? You?

I have a desire to see my favorite band out there.  Doing stuff.  Making their mark and being judged on their merits.

What's "doing stuff"?

If I didn't know any better, I'd say it seems like you're saying the band hasn't been "doing stuff" for years.
But we all know that's not true!

I'm glad you want them to be judged on their merits. Me too. And I don't judge them based on "it's not GN'R". I hope you don't either and tell all your friends the same.
"It's not GN'R" isn't a fair judgement of a show.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 01:41:52 PM by jarmo » Logged

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #1139 on: November 06, 2014, 01:49:14 PM »

Do I have that correct?

"I?m hoping to finish up the next Guns n Roses album soon"

You forgot frustrated.  Richard isn't owed an album...
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: