Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:45:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 250124 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1360 on: November 12, 2014, 02:27:28 PM »

Here's a question I have that I asked before:  What is saying this isn't GN'R going to do?  How is saying that going to move any conversation forward?  If you leave it at that, I can always say that the name of the band is not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact. 

I agree with you, overall.  And I can only speak for myself here.

But to me, I don't find too many people that can "leave it at that".  I would use just about every post Jarmo has ever made as proof of this.  The impression I get from a certain segment of this fanbase is that they can not let that slide.  Wagons are circled, and backs get up.  You can't say that sort of thing and not have to listento a lecture, a lot of the time.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1361 on: November 12, 2014, 02:28:07 PM »

I will take the ignoring of the section about the tone of the posts to mean I can stop holding back.  

I ignored it because you make it seem like you're all innocent. Which I find ridiculous. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1362 on: November 12, 2014, 02:31:16 PM »

I will take the ignoring of the section about the tone of the posts to mean I can stop holding back.  

I ignored it because you make it seem like you're all innocent. Which I find ridiculous.

No problem.

But I post differently here than I have at any other board for any other topic.  I've walked on eggshells because I felt I had to.

That is over.  Which is good, because it was getting to be a pain in the ass, to be honest.  I'd be embarrassed to have people I've posted at with other boards see some of my stuff here.  They'd likely ask when I got the lobotomy.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1363 on: November 12, 2014, 02:45:37 PM »

Everything Ali is saying is correct.
Axl owns the name, it?s undeniable.

If he decides to throw it on ebay tomorrow, and Obama places the winning bid, then sells it to Hulk Hogan on craigslist, who in turn hires the three amigos and wally the green monster to round out the lineup, it would undeniably be Guns N? Roses.

Still, the name is most commonly associated with the classic lineup.
Nothing this current, or any future incarnation does will ever change that.
I, for one, have never debated that the name Guns N' Roses is most commonly associated with the classic lineup.  If you think I was trying to debate that, you have severely misinterpreted the point I was attempting to make.

The rest of your post is a fair assessment of what I have been saying, though.

Ali

Nope, didn't mean to imply you were. You and I are in agreement.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1364 on: November 12, 2014, 03:05:35 PM »

But I post differently here than I have at any other board for any other topic.  I've walked on eggshells because I felt I had to.

The point was, you think you're all innocent when in reality you're not. So you think my "tone" is an excuse to start showing your true self? Only one way to find out.

Just because something is ok elsewhere, doesn't mean it's ok here.
It's pretty obvious every place have their own "rulebook".

I'd be embarrassed to have people I've posted at with other boards see some of my stuff here.  They'd likely ask when I got the lobotomy.

So what other users on a message board think of you is important?

Are you saying you're even more of a biased negative old band fan than what you seem by your posts here?  Shocked

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1365 on: November 12, 2014, 03:26:57 PM »

I'd be embarrassed to have people I've posted at with other boards see some of my stuff here.  They'd likely ask when I got the lobotomy.

So what other users on a message board think of you is important?

Its more like they'd wonder where the smartass they had been posting with for 10 years went.  And who was this sap using my name?

Are you saying you're even more of a biased negative old band fan than what you seem by your posts here?

Oh, you are getting a lot of sanitized opinions.  Believe that.  Because I'm not here just to throw molotov cocktails and watch the world burn.

Just last week, I think it was redneckrudy I was talking to.  He asked me my feeling on something, and I told him this board was not the place to discuss what I really thought.  Because it was going to be a non-starter, and we'd have to scrape you and a few others off the fucking ceiling.  If you took great umbrage to some of the sanitized stuff, this wasn't going to fly.

I make a very concerted effort to color inside the lines here, despite what you may think.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1366 on: November 12, 2014, 03:34:51 PM »

HBK!? I've been reading your posts for years. Sure was trippy to get on here and start talking with everyone. It's like all of a sudden I can interact with the characters on my favorite TV show. Honored to be here with you beer

To this day I know that if a CD says GNR on it, I can pop that fucker in and have a great time. Can't wait to get the next one.

EXCELENT mUSIC cOMMIng Soon (y)

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1367 on: November 12, 2014, 03:36:09 PM »

I make a very concerted effort to color inside the lines here, despite what you may think.

Still, I never took you for objective or a fan of the current band. I've just not seen evidence of that.

I see more of a guy who love the old band who likes to tell us how much he hopes the current band will succeed in order to try to justify all the negativity posted. Then once in a while, there'll be something positive, for the balance's sake.

Sometimes it's what you don't say that says more about you than what you do say.

Your little act isn't fooling anybody.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1368 on: November 12, 2014, 03:56:56 PM »

Still, I never took you for objective or a fan of the current band. I've just not seen evidence of that.

Because you don't like criticism of any kind.  Is there some other reason you run this place like North Korea?

You don't want to hear any dissent.  Never seen even the slightest hint of you saying someone not parroting your "everything is awesome" had a point.  About something big, something small, or even something totally innocuous.  You never budge.  You think this wins you favor.  I think its lead to the complete lack of credibility you have with much of GNR's fanbase.

I see more of a guy who love the old band who likes to tell us how much he hopes the current band will succeed in order to try to justify all the negativity posted. Then once in a while, there'll be something positive, for the balance's sake.

You see a guy that loved the old band and is extremely frustrated with the way his favorite frontman of alltime has basically pissed away the bulk of his career.

Where we butt heads is that you are just going to eat up everything he does with a spoon.  If he were out there busting his ass, releasing stuff, and basically seeming to give a shit, we'd likely both be signing the same tune.  We would be in agreement that things were great.

But when he sits on his ass and wastes all sorts of time and any hope of momentum, I'm going to call that out.  You, on the other hand, just pivot and label that as spectacular too.

That's why we are oil and water.  I base praise of his moves on whether they were actually good.  You praise all his moves as good, no matter what he does.  It makes zero sense.  Well, zero sense to anyone that does not define "fan" as "blind worshipper".

Yeah, you introduced this little tin foil hat theory last week.  I dismissed it then as I do now.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1369 on: November 12, 2014, 04:13:17 PM »

Because you don't like criticism of any kind.  Is there some other reason you run this place like North Korea?

Because my idea of a fan forum is a place for fans who like the band. Not fans who like to bash the band.

I think its lead to the complete lack of credibility you have with much of GNR's fanbase.

Lack of credibility?

You see a guy that loved the old band and is extremely frustrated with the way his favorite frontman of alltime has basically pissed away the bulk of his career.

Well, poor you!
You're frustrated and biting your tongue on a daily basis. Tough life...

And yet when people point out that you seem like one of those frustrated fans, you claim otherwise and get "upset". But here you are, using the F word yourself.

Smiley

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #1370 on: November 12, 2014, 04:16:40 PM »

Sometimes it's what you don't say that says more about you than what you do say.

/jarmo

I think it?s safe to assume that we?re all here because we discovered/grew up with the classic lineup first.  The main differentiator between us is to what extent people will show support of the current lineup.  There are those whose loyalty is tied to the legal ownership rights, and will support whatever assemblage of musicians have the legal right to be called Guns n Roses.  There are those who think every decision the band has made and will make is right.  Period.  There are those who enjoy the current lineup and the shows they have gone to, but feel that they really can?t be judged as a band, because their entire catalogue rests on past creations.  They have not played one song of original music.  200+ shows.  All around the world.  Not.  One.  Original.  Song.  That makes it tough to judge them on their own merits.  They?re always being judged on how they played other people?s parts (Axl and Dizzy Motherfucking Reed excepted).  Then there are those that are openly critical/hostile towards the current lineup (I honestly do not see those people here, but believe me, they exist).

One of the problems here is that anyone that even remotely questions the current state of affairs is instantly and harshly labeled a whining, complaining, entitled, reunion-loving troll fanboy.  That?s a nice way to discourage any honest discussion and keep everyone in line, but it?s not just not true.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1371 on: November 12, 2014, 04:22:47 PM »

Because my idea of a fan forum is a place for fans who like the band. Not fans who like to bash the band.

We disagree what constitutes a bash.

"Hey, sure wish he talked to us more" is not a bash.  Its an observation.

I think its lead to the complete lack of credibility you have with much of GNR's fanbase.

Lack of credibility?

Complete and utter in the eyes of most.

Full disclosure, when your name comes up elsewhere, I've actually pretty much defended you.  I have made the point on several different GNR boards that its real easy to sit there and claim they'd have turned down the deal you got.  Most insist they would.  Frankly, I call bullshit on the premise.  I think most superfans of this band, if given the chance you were given, they hop on it.  And if it means certain marching orders come down from on high, so be it.  Its likely worth the trade off.

I'm not stupid enough to think you give two shits about what people say about you.  And I don't for one second think you'd trade your plush gig all to have the respect of names on a screen.  I'm sure you don't give a damn what people say.

We just can't pretend the perception is not what it is.  And yeah, yeah, yeah...we see your sig.  No one alive believes it.

Well, poor you!
You're frustrated and biting your tongue on a daily basis. Tough life...

And yet when people point out that you seem like one of those frustrated fans, you claim otherwise and get "upset". But here you are, using the F word yourself.

Its a hard knock life, for me!

I think disappointed would be a better term than frustrated, actually.  Axl Rose is the greatest case of what might have been in the music industry in my lifetime.  The disappointment coming from the fact the overwhelming majority of the wounds were self inflicted.  Dude has made things WAY harder on himself then they had to be, which is unfortunate.

Lost time is not found again.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1372 on: November 12, 2014, 04:32:49 PM »

Lack of credibility?

Complete and utter in the eyes of most.

Full disclosure, when your name comes up elsewhere, I've actually pretty much defended you.  I have made the point on several different GNR boards that its real easy to sit there and claim they'd have turned down the deal you got.  Most insist they would.  Frankly, I call bullshit on the premise.  I think most superfans of this band, if given the chance you were given, they hop on it.  And if it means certain marching orders come down from on high, so be it.  Its likely worth the trade off.

If that's the case, then I take it as a compliment to be honest.

If lack of credibility means I'm not gonna act out some kind of role on a fan forum to score points with the "cool" posters, then sure! I lack credibility!

Regarding the true meaning of credibility, show me an instance where what I've lied about facts just to "win" arguments or posted bullshit stories as facts.... Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1373 on: November 12, 2014, 04:42:41 PM »

Regarding the true meaning of credibility, show me an instance where what I've lied about facts just to "win" arguments or posted bullshit stories as facts.... Smiley

Its more how you carry their water at all times and are always there with a trusty spin on any situation.  You are basically their online liaison press flack.

I follow politics pretty hard, because I am a huge, huge nerd.  Seen every sort of campaign run, from the flawless to the disasters.  But I'm not sure I've seen anyone stay so militarily on message as you do with this band.  And hey, that's the job.

But there a yawning chasm between being able to respect a guy's talent at an (at times) thankless job, and considering him a straight shooter who is ever giving you anything but pre-approved spin and talking points from the top down.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1374 on: November 12, 2014, 04:45:20 PM »

Maybe you watch too much TV.

The only things pre-approved are the things I post on behalf of somebody else. In that case, it's clearly stated.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1375 on: November 12, 2014, 04:49:24 PM »

Maybe you watch too much TV.

The only things pre-approved are the things I post on behalf of somebody else. In that case, it's clearly stated.

And as I've said, no one alive believes that.

The second you come out with something that is not in lock step with band or management's wishes, that news rings out on every GNR forum on the internet.

I imagine the initial reaction being that you must be drunk.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1376 on: November 12, 2014, 04:52:48 PM »

And as I've said, no one alive believes that.

Yeah, sometimes fiction is more interesting than facts.

Some of you actually believe Axl tweets all those GN'R tweets.....

The second you come out with something that is not in lock step with band or management's wishes, that news rings out on every GNR forum on the internet.

So you're saying all your online friends who claim to hate me are paying attention to all this?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1377 on: November 12, 2014, 04:56:19 PM »

So you're saying all your online friends who claim to hate me are paying attention to all this?

I'm saying word would get around.  It would be a happening.

Imagine if the House Republicans suddenly came out in passionate defense of Obama.  That news would be secondary on the surprise scale to you stepping out here.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1378 on: November 12, 2014, 05:42:31 PM »

Too funny. This banter reminds me of how Jarmo and DTM used to get into it.  That guy is still second to Jarmo in total posts.

Bottom line is, just because someone holds back on criticizing on this forum, doesn't mean they don't have critical thoughts in their head.  Some choose to express them and some don't. 

I think DX has tried earnestly to get Jarmo to sway, even a little, from his tried and true full positive support.  Since most of the points of criticism are the same arguements and debate that have been happening for probably every year this board's been active, it may be time to give it a rest. 

I've at times gotten frustated and dissappointed.  I don't think there's anyone who isn't dissappointed that Guns haven't released more material over the years.  But you learn to realize that you get what you get and getting upset doesn't get you anything.

I'm looking forward to the day we get offical news on the next CD.  Finally we'll all be able to come together and sing cumbaya  peace

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #1379 on: November 12, 2014, 07:56:09 PM »

I hope we can do the kumbaya thing soon. I do it with the local sufis every now and then and it's a lot of fun. DX is going to take off his training weights soon and begin fighting seriously the way Goku does in DBZ. An old straw man like me will not be able to survive the fallout of what is to come. If only I was a tin man... or at least a straw hat pirate (kudos to anyone that gets that reference).
(Just pullin' yer leg DX  Wink)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:58:18 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: