Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:45:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 250123 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1340 on: November 12, 2014, 01:00:18 PM »

I agree its not terribly important who is in the band at the moment considering they aren't really doing anything.

But its sort of ridiculous that we can't get a clarification from either side.  And I don't just mean Ron being in or out.  If, as has been speculated, Ron is out right now but open to a return if things crank up, then just say that.

I know its popular to say they don't have to say anything, and that's true, they don't.  But why foster all this speculation that you will then retroactively bitch about down the line?  You are enabling that right now with your silence. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1341 on: November 12, 2014, 01:00:59 PM »

Who have I put in a negative light?

By stating facts about how many songs this version of GNR have put out?

If you are worried that makes them look bad or puts them in a negative light... you are confirming that stance.

Wait ... I already know what ur response will be... and that you love the GNR bundle pack that you just got, and the ones you are going to give people for Christmas

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1342 on: November 12, 2014, 01:04:24 PM »

Here are some excerpts from the 2009 Spinner.com interview, some interesting comments and some statements that could definitely still apply today-

Del James: As reported, were you, either in your mind or otherwise, trying to create the "best album ever made"?

Axl Rose: "No. That's f---ing ridiculous and more negative media nonsense. We were all just trying to do our best for the fans and ourselves."

At any point did you feel or say either you or the band had to make a "masterpiece"?

"Of course not -- more unaccountable nonsense. Obviously, media, elements of the public, fans and our detractors had all kinds of things going on such as high hopes, expectations, pressure, naysayers, etc. I don't think anyone would mind discovering a diamond mine and I don't think anyone in any competitive field would get very far if they didn't have dreams, aspirations or simply hope to do well."

"That said, these types of comments are more from our detractors, pulled out of their ass if not thin air."

Do you feel that your alleged sense of perfectionism has delayed the release of the album?

"No. Guns in any lineup wasn't going to release anything all that great any sooner. And no matter how any of us tried, that didn't happen, and often while any number of us were pushing to try and do so with whatever we had going at the time. In regard to so-called perfectionism, I feel that has a lot to do with your goals or requirements with whatever one's doing or creating. Different levels may be required for different objectives. If you're making brakes for a vehicle, what's required? It's all relative, right? You try to make the best calls you can at any given moment and go from there."

"Generally, when this term is used by others in regard to me or how I work, it's said in a negative way or as an excuse for their shortcomings -- and again by my detractors. Whether they are open about such or not, some people love putting others in a negative light; helps them feel better about themselves. Too many ears and too many stupid comments have proven that."  ok

Who's in the band?

"I think we'll go with a combo of who's around and who's on the album for now and worry about that when we get ready to tour."

When's the next album?

"Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates".

You're not saying much.

"You got that? What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track." beer

Looking forward to this, when it is deemed ready to release  love

Alright ...I will bite ... what are you trying to prove by showing Axl's comment or lack there of in response tot he question who was even in his band at the time?

You can love every moment of GNR's history... but you cans see why some have more difficulty right? I feel no connection to guys presently in the band who really have little to zero impact on ANY Guns N Roses song

They put on a great show... I have been there... but you just illustrated why people don't like it..and you used Axl's words to prove it.

It was simply a comment on all the commotion about "who is in the band" what does it matter while the band is on hiatus?
It will be revealed in due time.

If that is truly what you gleaned from that excerpt, you are beyond reason and help.

Here, reread this part, it is for people like you:

"Some people love putting others in a negative light; helps them feel better about themselves. Too many ears and too many stupid comments have proven that."  Kiss

And btw I will be hiding ur posts going forward. Sad that I have to do that but you bring nothing to the table, other than being obnoxious towards people. if I want to read old Axl interviews. I know where to find them.

And I find it disappointing that it continues, if anybody was as nasty as you are to another poster AND didnt swear their love to everything Frank and DJ Ashba have done, they would have been banned already.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:07:52 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1343 on: November 12, 2014, 01:09:13 PM »

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people; even smaller minds copy-and-paste old interviews.

Amazing, you almost were able to quote Eleanor Roosevelt.

Here are some more quotes about small minds  Kiss

Small minds cannot grasp great ideas, to their narrow comprehension, their purblind vision, nothing seems great and important but themselves
J.G.Frazer

Small minds can't comprehend great spirits, to be a great you have to be mocked, hated, and misunderstood.

If the shoe fits-
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:23:31 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1344 on: November 12, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »

What I have said is that the line-up people know is not playing a taped off arena, or struggling to fill a club.  That's what I've said, because that's how it is.

Of course they're not. They don't exist.

But you're assuming if they had the same history as the current band, they'd do better. Something you don't know for sure. I've said it before, it's all a roller coaster ride.

It is, and the current band sucks big sweaty monkey balls at that part of it.

Because they don't use the gimmicks other bands use?

When the next album comes out, Metallica will play arenas nationwide.  When Guns N' Roses next album comes out, gun to my head, I'm saying they will not.

Wait. GN'R toured multiple times without a new album out. It's labeled a failure by you. Metallica does not tour in the US and that's fine.

Are you disappointed that GN'R played so many shows in the US? Would you rather them not play more than a select bunch of shows in bigger markets, and miss seeing them, than have them play all over the country multiple times and be able to complain about ticket sales?

Aren't you the same person who keeps saying a new album out is gonna increase ticket sales for GN'R as well?

No one plays stadiums anymore except U2, Springsteen, and some country acts.  But any competent rock band, and certainly one with a catalog like GNR, should be able to fill arenas.  And can do so without any caveats or disclaimers about busy schedules or babysitters.

I've seen enough discounted tickets being offered to big tours to know you're not exactly basing your posts on facts.

Take a moment in your busy schedule and think back to the career of Velvet Revolver, how they were marketed, how they lost the buzz and people lost interest to the point that they played single nights in theatres... They played not only GN'R hits but also STP. And their own "huge radio hits". Yet people didn't go.

With songs and celebrities like that in a band, you should be able to fill arenas. Oh wait..

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1345 on: November 12, 2014, 01:14:55 PM »

Here are some excerpts from the 2009 Spinner.com interview, some interesting comments and some statements that could definitely still apply today-

Del James: As reported, were you, either in your mind or otherwise, trying to create the "best album ever made"?

Axl Rose: "No. That's f---ing ridiculous and more negative media nonsense. We were all just trying to do our best for the fans and ourselves."

At any point did you feel or say either you or the band had to make a "masterpiece"?

"Of course not -- more unaccountable nonsense. Obviously, media, elements of the public, fans and our detractors had all kinds of things going on such as high hopes, expectations, pressure, naysayers, etc. I don't think anyone would mind discovering a diamond mine and I don't think anyone in any competitive field would get very far if they didn't have dreams, aspirations or simply hope to do well."

"That said, these types of comments are more from our detractors, pulled out of their ass if not thin air."

Do you feel that your alleged sense of perfectionism has delayed the release of the album?

"No. Guns in any lineup wasn't going to release anything all that great any sooner. And no matter how any of us tried, that didn't happen, and often while any number of us were pushing to try and do so with whatever we had going at the time. In regard to so-called perfectionism, I feel that has a lot to do with your goals or requirements with whatever one's doing or creating. Different levels may be required for different objectives. If you're making brakes for a vehicle, what's required? It's all relative, right? You try to make the best calls you can at any given moment and go from there."

"Generally, when this term is used by others in regard to me or how I work, it's said in a negative way or as an excuse for their shortcomings -- and again by my detractors. Whether they are open about such or not, some people love putting others in a negative light; helps them feel better about themselves. Too many ears and too many stupid comments have proven that."  ok

Who's in the band?

"I think we'll go with a combo of who's around and who's on the album for now and worry about that when we get ready to tour."

When's the next album?

"Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates".

You're not saying much.

"You got that? What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track." beer

Looking forward to this, when it is deemed ready to release  love

Alright ...I will bite ... what are you trying to prove by showing Axl's comment or lack there of in response tot he question who was even in his band at the time?

You can love every moment of GNR's history... but you cans see why some have more difficulty right? I feel no connection to guys presently in the band who really have little to zero impact on ANY Guns N Roses song

They put on a great show... I have been there... but you just illustrated why people don't like it..and you used Axl's words to prove it.

It was simply a comment on all the commotion about "who is in the band" what does it matter while the band is on hiatus?
It will be revealed in due time.

If that is truly what you gleaned from that excerpt, you are beyond reason and help.

Here, reread this part, it is for people like you:

"Some people love putting others in a negative light; helps them feel better about themselves. Too many ears and too many stupid comments have proven that."  Kiss

And btw I will be hiding ur posts going forward. Sad that I have to do that but you bring nothing to the table, other than being obnoxious towards people. if I want to read old Axl interviews. I know where to find them.

And I find it disappointing that it continues, if anybody was as nasty as you are to another poster AND didnt swear their love to everything Frank and DJ Ashba have done, they would have been banned already.

Many people who browse here may have been unaware of that interview or interested in reading it again, it brought up very valid points.

Why dont you begin to contribute things of value instead of concentrating on playing  fake administrator? You don't run this site and seem intent on attempting to dictate policy.

I thought that interview was interesting in the context of the situation as it stands today.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1346 on: November 12, 2014, 01:21:16 PM »

By the way, I'd just like to throw this out there.

We spent all of last night talking about what we were all doing early last decade waiting for the album.  How we excited about some of the leaks and how much we like some of the stuff on the last album.

Did ANY of that get quoted today to further those conversations?  Nope.  The stuff that got quoted to continue the conversations are more stuff about the name.

Jarmo, to be honest, I'd rather you respond to this one.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1347 on: November 12, 2014, 01:22:06 PM »

What I have said is that the line-up people know is not playing a taped off arena, or struggling to fill a club.  That's what I've said, because that's how it is.

Of course they're not. They don't exist.

But you're assuming if they had the same history as the current band, they'd do better. Something you don't know for sure. I've said it before, it's all a roller coaster ride.

It is, and the current band sucks big sweaty monkey balls at that part of it.

Because they don't use the gimmicks other bands use?

When the next album comes out, Metallica will play arenas nationwide.  When Guns N' Roses next album comes out, gun to my head, I'm saying they will not.

Wait. GN'R toured multiple times without a new album out. It's labeled a failure by you. Metallica does not tour in the US and that's fine.

Are you disappointed that GN'R played so many shows in the US? Would you rather them not play more than a select bunch of shows in bigger markets, and miss seeing them, than have them play all over the country multiple times and be able to complain about ticket sales?

Aren't you the same person who keeps saying a new album out is gonna increase ticket sales for GN'R as well?

No one plays stadiums anymore except U2, Springsteen, and some country acts.  But any competent rock band, and certainly one with a catalog like GNR, should be able to fill arenas.  And can do so without any caveats or disclaimers about busy schedules or babysitters.

I've seen enough discounted tickets being offered to big tours to know you're not exactly basing your posts on facts.

Take a moment in your busy schedule and think back to the career of Velvet Revolver, how they were marketed, how they lost the buzz and people lost interest to the point that they played single nights in theatres... They played not only GN'R hits but also STP. And their own "huge radio hits". Yet people didn't go.

With songs and celebrities like that in a band, you should be able to fill arenas. Oh wait..

/jarmo

I'm not sure why were comparing them to VR, but VR obviously does not have the legendary catalog that GNR does... so it shouldn't have been a surprise that they moved down in venues especially considering the second album wasn't nearly as good as the first. They also didn't have Axl...who is the top dog out of anybody involved.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1348 on: November 12, 2014, 01:31:02 PM »

Here's what was said about keeping the GNR name in the chats of 2008-

Q: Why did you choose to keep the GUNS N' ROSES name rather than create a new name?

Axl: "Why keep the name? I'm literally the last man standing. Not bragging, not proud. It's been a fucking nightmare but I didn't leave GUNS and I didn't drive others out. With Slash, it's been nothing more than pure strategy and saving face while manipulating the public like he used to me. I earned the right to protect my efforts and to be able to take advantage of our contract I'd worked hard for where Slash's exact words were that he didn't care. I get that some like a different version or lineup the same way some like a specific team line up or a particular year of a specific car but because you and I are getting played I'm supposed to throw the baby out with the bath water?"

Q: What do you think about people that say "Chinese Democracy" should have been a solo album instead of using the name GUNS N' ROSES?

Axl: "I didn't make a solo record. A solo record would be completely different than this and probably much more instrumental. I made a GUNS record with the right people who were the only people who really wanted to help me try, were qualified and capable while enduring the public abuse for years . The songs were chosen by everyone involved. I didn't want to do 'This I Love' in any way shape or form, and Robin [Finck, current GUNS guitarist] and Caram [Costanzo; co-producer] insisted gaining Tommy's [Stinson, bass] and the others' support. There's been a lot of pressure to go with using my name (all external) but that never felt right to me for this band and the parameters in regard to this music have lots more to do with the mindset of GUNS than something else. The instrumental I wrote for 'End of Days' that's more a solo effort, at least presently.

"As far as a new name? this is who I am, not whatever else someone else thinks of. I don't see myself as solely GUNS, but I do see myself as the only one from the past making the effort to take it forward, whether anyone approves or not, and giving beyond what many would or fight for to do so. The name helped the music more than you could ever know, and I'm not talking in regards to studios or budgets, I mean it as in being pushed by something and having to get the music to a place where I can find my peace regardless of what anyone says-
And that wasn't fully achieved until the last round of mastering and swapping out a version of a track at the pressing plant that had gotten inadvertently changed at the last minute.

Also, the name was what the industry wanted as well and the burden of keeping it was something to endure in order to make the record. After the monies invested by old Geffen (that were decisions made that have worked out for me but I'm on record as having opposed) dropping the name became suicide."

Q: How much has been spent on legal battles over the name/how much do you value the name at?

Axl: "The cost of legal battles has been astronomical but I felt the deal made with Universal was fair for where it is and most things balanced out for both sides."

Q: How do you feel when you read posts that say "this isn't really GUNS N' ROSES?" Surely it isn't their place to say?

Axl: "David Bowie likes Floyd with Barret, many with Waters and those without. And there are those who like all the different lineups. In my opinion, what makes our situation a bit more unique, at least in how it's played out, is the ugliness of what really took place. If I'd done what was said then, I'd say fuck me too. I also realize this is just one issue in something with upteen however many more so conclusions can't be formulated off this little bit alone by most which is more than understandable.

"That said, because someone leaves the shop I started in which I still legally have the rights to the name I started it with? makes up a bunch of nonsense to win public and legal support in an effort to get whatever it is they want at mine and the public's expense? I don't feel a : ok:ny reason whatsoever I should have to throw what I've not only worked for but fought and suffered for away because some hurt, angry, betrayed, misguided and lied to people with a lynch-mob mentality, joined by others who could care less (especially in the media), enjoying the controversy and hate, choose one over the other regardless of what's right because they want what they want. And you can still prefer then as opposed to now and no one's arguing your right to do so.

"In regard to nuGUNS, I get that sometimes it helps to be able to clarify. Personally I call this GUNS and the 'Illusions' or previous lineups 'old GUNS.'"

ok

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1349 on: November 12, 2014, 01:32:23 PM »

I'm not sure why were comparing them to VR, but VR obviously does not have the legendary catalog that GNR does... so it shouldn't have been a surprise that they moved down in venues especially considering the second album wasn't nearly as good as the first. They also didn't have Axl...who is the top dog out of anybody involved.

I'm not comparing them, because you can't compare bands' careers, especially when it's GN'R. Everybody keeps saying how different that is compared to other bands, yet everything GN'R does is always compared to other bands...

Funny how nobody would want to do what GN'R does, yet it's ok to compare them to everybody else.

The whole point was that people are "obsessed" with the name and who's in the band. So, VR was the closest people got to the "old GN'R" playing shows. Yet, the interest disappeared and they were yesterday's news within years. Now, imagine if the old band had stayed together. You don't think there would've been ups and downs in popularity?

We spent all of last night talking about what we were all doing early last decade waiting for the album.  How we excited about some of the leaks and how much we like some of the stuff on the last album.

Did ANY of that get quoted today to further those conversations?  Nope.  The stuff that got quoted to continue the conversations are more stuff about the name.

Of course you would.

You're having one conversation, then change the subject and by the time I respond to your original post you attack me for not responding to your happy posts.

Glad you like some of the new stuff. Too bad you can't stick to just that and have to whine about them not selling out your arena instead of being happy about them playing all those shows in recent years.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1350 on: November 12, 2014, 01:43:42 PM »

Of course you would.

You're having one conversation, then change the subject and by the time I respond to your original post you attack me for not responding to your happy posts.

Glad you like some of the new stuff. Too bad you can't stick to just that and have to whine about them not selling out your arena instead of being happy about them playing all those shows in recent years.

So you complain about the negativity, but those are the only conversations you seem interested in having.  As you like to say, "interesting...".

We go round and round on this name thing at your behest, despite there being literally zero chance we will ever find common ground.  You see me as an unfair hater, I see you as an unabashed apologist.  These stances are highly, highly unlikely to ever change.

Once you log off, the rest of us take the conversation in a more positive direction.  You log back on the next day, and its right back to the butting of heads.

Look like we got us a real "methinks he doth protest too much" sort of situation on our hands.  My sig could apply to you as well as the band, it seems.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1351 on: November 12, 2014, 01:49:36 PM »

So you complain about the negativity, but those are the only conversations you seem interested in having.  As you like to say, "interesting...".

I've posted a lot of threads over the years. Most of which you ignore.

Once you log off, the rest of us take the conversation in a more positive direction.  You log back on the next day, and its right back to the butting of heads.

Always the victim....

The bottom line is, you just like to whine.

Look like we got us a real "methinks he doth protest too much" sort of situation on our hands.  My sig could apply to you as well as the band, it seems.

You think too highly of yourself.

What we got is "Yet Another Person That Craves Attention And Thinks He Knows Because He Reads The Internet".  ok

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1352 on: November 12, 2014, 01:49:52 PM »

"That said, because someone leaves the shop I started in which I still legally have the rights to the name I started it with? makes up a bunch of nonsense to win public and legal support in an effort to get whatever it is they want at mine and the public's expense? I don't feel a : ok:ny reason whatsoever I should have to throw what I've not only worked for but fought and suffered for away because some hurt, angry, betrayed, misguided and lied to people with a lynch-mob mentality, joined by others who could care less (especially in the media), enjoying the controversy and hate, choose one over the other regardless of what's right because they want what they want. And you can still prefer then as opposed to now and no one's arguing your right to do so.

My response to this would be at what point to you take some responsibility and correct the record?

If you let (what you claim) to be lies and half truths go unchallenged for YEARS, I can't see how you can credibly cry about it after.  You have a tongue.  You have a forum.  You choosing not use either is your call, but then you deal with the fallout.  And that fallout will be that the supposed lies and untruths becomes fact in the eyes of many.

No better example than that story about refusing to go onstage unless they signed.  Let's be honest.  When you first heard it, you couldn't exactly dismiss it out of hand, given Axl's rep.  

But then its like Axl said in those chats.  If that's how it really went down, he would be sued into oblivion.  So why wait how many years to get that out there, and then you do it via a message board thread on a fan forum?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1353 on: November 12, 2014, 01:54:41 PM »

So why wait how many years to get that out there, and then you do it via a message board thread on a fan forum?

Can't think of any reasons why somebody wouldn't talk about issues that might be of a legal nature?

You seem to lack the ability to think of any reasons for anything that relates to something Axl did, or didn't, do. Everything else, you seem to be able to come up with all kinds of fantasy scenarios, possibilities and explanations.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1354 on: November 12, 2014, 01:57:26 PM »

I've posted a lot of threads over the years. Most of which you ignore.

I've only posted here for about a year.  In that time, if there are 4 active threads going, its a lot.  And I post in all of them.

On the other hand, in the past year I have seen you skip over things time and again to get to the juicier negative stuff you seem to think you can make some hay with.  Any objective analysis of your behavior would have to conclude you relish these fights.

And I'll be honest, I enjoy the back and forth for the most part.  But is that all there is?  You sifting through my posts to find things you don't like?

Always the victim....

The bottom line is, you just like to whine.

OK, I've been turning the other cheek a lot lately, and I'm getting rather tired of it.

Am I cool to talk to you this way?  Because I'll level with you.  Most shit like this comes off as sheer baiting and a set-up to toss me out of here.  I do not talk to you this way.  And if you don't think I have it in me, let me dissuade you of that, right now.  A lot of my posts back at you are done with mouthfuls of blood from biting my tongue.

I disagree with all sorts of folks around here, but I try to do so constructively.  I do not feel that I get that in return.  Am I free to return fire?  Or is that the point you play the big bad mod card and bounce me?  Because this shit is getting real old, real fucking quick.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1355 on: November 12, 2014, 02:00:40 PM »

So why wait how many years to get that out there, and then you do it via a message board thread on a fan forum?

Can't think of any reasons why somebody wouldn't talk about issues that might be of a legal nature?

If you have the facts on your side, as you claim?  No, there is no reason.

If someone slanders you and you know for a fact they are lying, there is no reason to not correct that.

You seem to lack the ability to think of any reasons for anything that relates to something Axl did, or didn't, do. Everything else, you seem to be able to come up with all kinds of fantasy scenarios, possibilities and explanations.

And you seem to lack the ability to find fault with anything Axl does, but we've covered that ad nauseam.  Its not exactly "man bites dog" type stuff.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1356 on: November 12, 2014, 02:13:02 PM »

I've only posted here for about a year.  In that time, if there are 4 active threads going, its a lot.  And I post in all of them.

Yes, Mr Positivity pretty much tells people they shouldn't vote for GN'R in a poll. On a GN'R fan site...

On the other hand, in the past year I have seen you skip over things time and again to get to the juicier negative stuff you seem to think you can make some hay with.  Any objective analysis of your behavior would have to conclude you relish these fights.

You just have selective memory. I told you, I reply when I see you post obvious bullshit that I don't agree with.

If you can't handle the discussion, don't post. Why is it that your kind always either starts with the personal insults and/or complains that I reply to the posts?
I can only play the cards I am dealt.  If you don't like my reaction...then deal me some new god damn cards.

Do you want me to put it in red as well?

You sifting through my posts to find things you don't like?

No. We have a great time in all those threads you ignore.

I disagree with all sorts of folks around here, but I try to do so constructively.  

Wait, this is your idea of constructive? To whine?

Where's the constructive part?

Your posts come off as somebody who just likes to whine, a lot. If you post something positive, you point it out. Most of us don't need to point out the positive posts we make.

I'm sorry you can't be right about everything. I'm sorry you're not the authority on GN'R that you think you are. Maybe that's not your "calling". No need to take it out on us.

If you have the facts on your side, as you claim?  No, there is no reason.

So why do people sometimes respond with "no comment"?

/jarmo

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1357 on: November 12, 2014, 02:22:17 PM »

It's not a matter of belief.  It would be Guns N' Roses regardless of what I thought.  What I or anyone else thought would not change the name on the concert tickets or the albums/Blu-rays.  The more pertinent question, IMO, is would you like it?

I absolutely see what you are saying, and I'm not sure any of us are saying anything different.

I think, my question anyway, is that if they don't accept it...than what weight does your stance carry?  I don't think any of us here dispute your legal argument.  I just don't know how far that gets you in a conversation, unless you are talking to someone who is already on your side.

I think to the average person, they aren't as caught up in legality versus eye test.  I'm having trouble picturing someone saying they don't like or recognize this as GNR and digging too much deeper into it.  That's probably the beginning and end of it for them.

If that's what you think, I'm not entirely clear what a PDF of some contract is going to do to move that conversation forward.  Even if you swear up and down you still have a point, does it matter, really?
Sure, it matters.  Someone can say that this GN'R doesn't pass the "eye test" and say it's not GN'R.  I can always point to the concert ticket stub or my Blu-ray and CDs and say, "this says otherwise".  Someone can say that this GN'R doesn't pass the "eye test" and I don't like or accept this GN'R.  I can and would say, that's your opinion and you have every right to it.  I will continue to enjoy this new chapter in the GN'R story.

Here's a question I have that I asked before:  What is saying this isn't GN'R going to do?  How is saying that going to move any conversation forward?  If you leave it at that, I can always say that the name of the band is not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact.  The fact is this band is called GN'R.  If you take the time to really articulate what you're actually saying, whether it's, "I don't like this GN'R" or "I don't agree with the decision to call this GN'R", then I think more of a conversation can be had.

After all, there's not any room to debate facts.  Ben Affleck IS the actor who will be portraying Batman on the silver screen next and this band IS called Guns N' Roses.  There's no debate there.  But, if you really articulate what you're actually trying to say, I think an interesting conversation and debate can occur.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1358 on: November 12, 2014, 02:23:43 PM »

Jarmo -

I will take the ignoring of the section about the tone of the posts to mean I can stop holding back.  This doesn't mean I'm going to start lashing out like some lunatic.  But if you are going to come back with the smarm, I can more than hold my own there.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't hold back much of the time.  I have long assumed there are a different set of rules and less leeway for what you'd likely label as dissidents.  For example, I was operating under the impression if I *EVER* let fly like some of that stuff Emily was firing at me...I'm gone.  That's based on you publically scolding me for far tamer stuff, but not being able to recall ever seeing you say anything to someone "on your side", so to speak, even if their stuff was way harsher.

Here's to a more honest exchange of ideas.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1359 on: November 12, 2014, 02:25:09 PM »

Everything Ali is saying is correct.
Axl owns the name, it?s undeniable.

If he decides to throw it on ebay tomorrow, and Obama places the winning bid, then sells it to Hulk Hogan on craigslist, who in turn hires the three amigos and wally the green monster to round out the lineup, it would undeniably be Guns N? Roses.

Still, the name is most commonly associated with the classic lineup.
Nothing this current, or any future incarnation does will ever change that.
I, for one, have never debated that the name Guns N' Roses is most commonly associated with the classic lineup.  If you think I was trying to debate that, you have severely misinterpreted the point I was attempting to make.

The rest of your post is a fair assessment of what I have been saying, though.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: