Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 06:12:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 251849 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1140 on: November 06, 2014, 02:02:51 PM »

Even the band members themselves have said they hope to finish the new album "soon."
I guess the members of the band are also poor, misguided and entitled.
Do I have that correct?

"I?m hoping to finish up the next Guns n Roses album soon"

What?

You make very little sense with your attempts at trolling.

He's not trolling.  He's breaking your balls.  Having a little fun with you.

Do you allow ANY levity in any of this, Jarmo?  We aren't talking about a serious subject here.  Its a freakin' rock band.  Chillax.

I have a desire to see my favorite band out there.  Doing stuff.  Making their mark and being judged on their merits.

What's "doing stuff"?

In this instance, something that might be noticed by more than the few hundred of us that populate GNR message boards far and wide.

I'm glad you want them to be judged on their merits. Me too. And I don't judge them based on "it's not GN'R". I hope you don't either and tell all your friends the same.
"It's not GN'R" isn't a fair judgement of a show.

Nah, I don't piss into the wind.

Not a one of my friends considers the current band GNR.  I know full well why they do not.  I also know full well that they would laugh in my face if I presented some of the argument we run up the flagpole here.  And since they are my friends, I feel an icepick lobotomy just so they might accept those arguments, well...that wouldn't make me a very good friend, would it?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1141 on: November 06, 2014, 02:07:43 PM »

He's not trolling.  He's breaking your balls.  Having a little fun with you.

Do you allow ANY levity in any of this, Jarmo?  We aren't talking about a serious subject here.  Its a freakin' rock band.  Chillax.

Jeez.  Roll Eyes

Nobody else here gets sarcasm except you. Thanks for the head's up.

Seriously, you're not good at reading people. So please stop.  Smiley

In this instance, something that might be noticed by more than the few hundred of us that populate GNR message boards far and wide.

Good.

So I don't need to re-post the list of things GN'R has done in recent years.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1142 on: November 06, 2014, 02:12:25 PM »

Good.

So I don't need to re-post the list of things GN'R has done in recent years.  ok

No, I am among that few hundred people.  I'm all caught up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1143 on: November 06, 2014, 02:19:06 PM »

Sometimes when people are focusing on complaining on one thing only, they forget the things that happened....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1144 on: November 06, 2014, 02:27:47 PM »

Sometimes when people are focusing on complaining on one thing only, they forget the things that happened....

I think its more that we can often overrate the reaction and impact of certain things outside our own little bubble.

Case in point would be the Golden Gods.  If you think anyone but we forum nerds even knew about that thing, I've got some magic beans with your name on them.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1145 on: November 06, 2014, 02:48:10 PM »

/jarmo

I'll give you that... I am very pleased the DVD was finally released... I had my doubts... it's a cool thing to have.

Especially when comparing to where things were way back when... But there could be so much more... I'm sorry i cant look away from that.

Put up like all those pro shots of all the gigs that they film on the GNR website and charge x for each one...they would make a fucking killing... what's the over head? Can't be much.

Shit.... if Axl or whoever likes that idea... I'd be willing to invest...put up the money for it lol
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:20:09 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
mortismurphy
« Reply #1146 on: November 06, 2014, 03:34:52 PM »

the notion that Axl is some sort of 'artist' now can not be sustained. At the end of the day this guy plays Vegas with a revolving piano!

Not to be rude but that is complete and utter horseshit. You are simply looking for reasons to discredit, complain about and unfairly critique GNR. Your post history shows this bias.

Both residencies were very successful, I attended both of them so I'm speaking from a first person experience.
You may not personally have liked the Vegas gigs but you don't get to determine who is an artist and who isn't by your tunnel-vision criteria.

Laughable hihi

Simple question.

Would the Axl of 2002 played a Vegas residency, incorporating cheap Motley Crue gimmicks into his stage routine?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1147 on: November 06, 2014, 03:38:09 PM »

Put up like all those pro shots of all the gigs that they film on the GNR website and charge x for each one...they would make a fucking killing... what's the over head? Can't be much.

Its like Pearl Jam releasing all their concerts as bootlegs.  Right from the board, pristine sound. 

You aren't going to buy them all.  But you'd buy your show.  It would be a cool thing to have.

mortismurphy
« Reply #1148 on: November 06, 2014, 03:49:00 PM »

Does that fan club even still operate, the one that sent everyone the wrong t-shirts?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1149 on: November 06, 2014, 03:53:47 PM »

Simple question.

Would the Axl of 2002 played a Vegas residency, incorporating cheap Motley Crue gimmicks into his stage routine?

What are the "cheap Motley Crue gimmicks"?

I'm curious. Considering most of the things that were used on that stage had been used previously by GN'R.

I think its more that we can often overrate the reaction and impact of certain things outside our own little bubble.

Case in point would be the Golden Gods.  If you think anyone but we forum nerds even knew about that thing, I've got some magic beans with your name on them.

Well, excuse me. But I don't really care all that much what impact the band has on people who don't either like, and/or care about, the band.
I'm happy for US, the fans.

Yes, it's great if somebody else likes what the band does. But an awards show for heavy metal fans isn't gonna do much for the general Youtube crowd.

On one hand, people want the band to do stuff for their fans, on the other hand they're wanting them to do stuff that people who aren't fans will like....
And yet, imagine if Axl did something like that and then we'd have the "sell out!" brigade out in full force. As you know, even playing shows these days are considered a "cash grab".

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:00:38 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1150 on: November 06, 2014, 03:59:54 PM »

Does that fan club even still operate, the one that sent everyone the wrong t-shirts?

Not sure.

The one year, the ONE GOD DAMN YEAR I was a member, what was the fan club single at Christmas?  'Last Kiss'.

Then, the next summer, its of course the song of the freakin' summer and all over the radio.

mortismurphy
« Reply #1151 on: November 06, 2014, 04:01:16 PM »

Flying pianos Jarmo? The sight of Axl Rose, suspended mid-air, croaking through November Rain, is simply laughable; I nearly choked on my beer when I first saw it. Pure Spinal Tap.

Ashba's Hulk Hogan ears

Strippers. Strippers on the proshot screen. Strippers in the flesh. Strippers everywhere. Now I know what you are going to say, that the old band had a stripper during the club days but in all honesty, I am not keen on that either. It is pure, Sunset strip.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1152 on: November 06, 2014, 04:03:12 PM »

Simple question.

What are the "cheap Motley Crue gimmicks"?

I'm curious. Considering most of the things that were used on that stage had been used previously by GN'R.

I have to agree.

They had inflatable monsters in 1992, for god's sake.  There's always been this kind of element to their shows.

Well, excuse me. But I don't really care all that much what impact the band has on people who don't either like, and/or care about, the band.
I'm happy for US, the fans.

Yes, it's great if somebody else likes what the band does. But an awards show for heavy metal fans isn't gonna do much for the general Youtube crowd.

But the conversation was about the band "doing stuff".  You came back that they have been, and I didn't disagree.

What does something like the Golden Gods get me in that conversation with someone else?  The other guy probably thinks I just made it up on the spot.

mortismurphy
« Reply #1153 on: November 06, 2014, 04:05:55 PM »

Not sure.

The one year, the ONE GOD DAMN YEAR I was a member, what was the fan club single at Christmas?  'Last Kiss'.

Then, the next summer, its of course the song of the freakin' summer and all over the radio.

Sorry, I meant the gnr fan club. Nightrain I think it was called. In typical clusterfuck gnr fashion they sent everyone an 'exclusive' t-shirt which just so happened to be the appetite cross design haha. Everyone complained and they had to send new ones out.

I know PJ have this tremendous rapport with their fans and release all sorts of stuff. I am not a particular fan but I am a huge Neil Young fan and they did Mirrorball with him.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1154 on: November 06, 2014, 04:17:17 PM »

Flying pianos Jarmo? The sight of Axl Rose, suspended mid-air, croaking through November Rain, is simply laughable; I nearly choked on my beer when I first saw it. Pure Spinal Tap.

Ashba's Hulk Hogan ears

Strippers. Strippers on the proshot screen. Strippers in the flesh. Strippers everywhere. Now I know what you are going to say, that the old band had a stripper during the club days but in all honesty, I am not keen on that either. It is pure, Sunset strip.

So you prefer the background horn section dressed like strippers from 1992?
And yes, they used the dancers back in the day.

The whole idea for the residency is to put up a show. Something that you can't always do when moving from venue to venue. But then again, it's supposed to be serious. Forget fun...

U2 had a lemon that transported the band to a B stage back in 1997. Big deal.  hihi

Oh, not to forget the Rolling Stones stage prop from the 1975 tour....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:19:14 PM by jarmo » Logged

mortismurphy
« Reply #1155 on: November 06, 2014, 04:25:26 PM »

Ashba's Hulk Hogan ears

So you prefer the background horn section dressed like strippers from 1992?
And yes, they used the dancers back in the day.

The whole idea for the residency is to put up a show. Something that you can't always do when moving from venue to venue. But then again, it's supposed to be serious. Forget fun...

U2 had a lemon that transported the band to a B stage back in 1997. Big deal.  hihi

Oh, not to forget the Rolling Stones stage prop from the 1975 tour....

/jarmo

I am not going to sit here and defend Tracy and Roberta if that is where you are going haha. It is an unfortunate element of gnr I suppose.

The main difference is, The Stones had a new album out, as did U2, at the time. To focus exclusively on nostalgia, nostalgia in a Vegas setting is basically a component part of GN'R's decision to shut up shop and basically become an 'oldies' act. The strippers, the greatest hits setlist, the flying piano are all constant reminders of a direction the band have taken.

You would forgive GN'R a few inflatables if they were touring off a brand new album. I saw The Stones and I winced at the Bridges to Babylon inflatable lion but you do not care that much if they have a brand new album out.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #1156 on: November 06, 2014, 07:22:42 PM »

So now your complaint (or observation, whatever you want to call it) is not the stage gimmicks but the lack of an album. If only they had a new album the stage gimmicks would be forgivable. But the album is not out yet, and Axl has no excuse to take his time with it because he is not a real artist because of his use of stage gimmicks. Is this where you are coming from?

And not only that, but they made the decision to close up shop and become an oldies act? I haven't caught wind of that news yet, you must really be in the know man! Last I heard they were working on getting their newest album released.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:29:14 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1157 on: November 06, 2014, 07:32:23 PM »

Seems like the only aim among the disgruntled trolls here is to whine endlessly about a new album. crying crying

"Oh we could forgive inflatables IF there was a new album"
 hihi

So transparent and pathetic.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:35:58 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #1158 on: November 06, 2014, 07:40:45 PM »

But they definitely don't feel entitled to anything!  They just "believe themselves to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment".

In this day and age artists have no right to decide when or if their material will be released! They will release it when I want them to which is now! If they don't I will complain about it not on my behalf but on the behalf of those potential fans of the band that would see the light if only another album were released! If you point out the absurdity of my behavior I will make you realize that you are actually the absurd one!

OK, now show me how I am actually the absurd one and let's keep this going for another forty pages. Hell, I got nothin' better to do  beer
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 09:23:12 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1159 on: November 06, 2014, 07:44:40 PM »

But they definitely don't feel entitled to anything!  They just "believe themselves to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment".

In this day and age artists have no right to decide when or if their material will be released! They will release it when I want them to which is now! If they don't I will complain about it not on my behalf but on the behalf of those potential fans of the band that would see the light if only another album was released! If you point out the absurdity of my behavior I will make you realize that you are actually the absurd one!

You have summed that up Pefectly RR  beer

Definite Misplaced Entitlement issues, and a bit of terminal trollitis.  hihi
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:47:52 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: