Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 07:34:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 251933 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1100 on: November 06, 2014, 09:26:11 AM »

Old History... uufffff

Just passing the time.

The alternative is that the only thread that gets any new posts are people telling us when their Best Buy order got to their house.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1101 on: November 06, 2014, 10:16:23 AM »

What?s laughable is the extent people will go to defend Axl?s artistic songwriting process.  He?s not tinkering with the magic potion to cure a fatal disease.  He?s singing a song.  Why do the basic laws of making an album (and reason) cease to exist when it comes to this band?

Yeah, we never ask those questions.

I often phrase it like this.  Suppose this was not your favorite band.  Would people make these same excuses for someone else and resort to such rationalizations?

Take all the factors that come along with this band and this supposed tortured process.  Now transfer that all over to some other band.  If one of their superfans was telling you all this same stuff, would you not just roll your eyes?  Would you not say to another mutual friend you couldn't believe the deep denial that guy was in?

Where is the line between what you would consider valid argument for any band out there, versus how much a curve you grade all this on because GNR is your favorite band?

If it wasn't my favorite band, I wouldn't care enough to question any excuses.  If anything, I would think fans are going to be more discerning about why an album from a band they like is being delayed.

For this band, I try to stay on the pulse of where things are because I'm very much looking forward to hear new music.  But I no longer get caught up in any frustration over why it's taking longer than the pace I would prefer, no matter what the reason.  Is what it is.  Axl could be delaying CD II just to spite you specifically and I wouldn't begrudge him for that (actually, I would applaud him for that).   
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1102 on: November 06, 2014, 10:29:47 AM »

For this band, I try to stay on the pulse of where things are because I'm very much looking forward to hear new music.  But I no longer get caught up in any frustration over why it's taking longer than the pace I would prefer, no matter what the reason.  Is what it is.  Axl could be delaying CD II just to spite you specifically and I wouldn't begrudge him for that (actually, I would applaud him for that).   

I don't know any of us are still living and dying with when Axl might actually do something.  Those days are over.

Frankly, the more dominant conversational theme seem to be people's reaction to the delay than when that delay might be over.  If you look at all these threads, its more people talking to other fans about the spin they put on the matter versus someone else's.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1103 on: November 06, 2014, 10:36:10 AM »

Hey atleast Frank didn't get arrested for attempted murder .... lol

That would give us something to talk about.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1104 on: November 06, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »

Haha, anyone who wants to call themselves the world's baddest rock n' roll band now has a very high bar to surpass. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1105 on: November 06, 2014, 10:47:06 AM »

I often phrase it like this.  Suppose this was not your favorite band.  Would people make these same excuses for someone else and resort to such rationalizations?

For a guy like yourself who can't see one single reason why somebody would either walk away, or take a break from the music business, of course you wouldn't.

The sooner some people get over the notion that somehow they are "owed" [it's in quotes so don't get upset about the choice of words] music, and the feelings attached to that, the better. It all comes down to this.

If you feel like it's up to the artist to decide when his/her songs are done, and/or should be heard, then you probably won't feel this kind of frustration or negative mindset some people seem to harbor towards artists who are not producing according to their fans' schedules.

Take all the factors that come along with this band and this supposed tortured process.  Now transfer that all over to some other band.  If one of their superfans was telling you all this same stuff, would you not just roll your eyes?  Would you not say to another mutual friend you couldn't believe the deep denial that guy was in?

I would ask them if they think it's healthy to almost obsess over a process they have no control over to the extent that they get frustrated about it.

The constant need for something new overshadows everything else that might have happened? There's absolutely nothing new that has happened in the band's recent history?

Personally, I'm not fan of artists because of what they might release. I'm a fan because of what they have released.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1106 on: November 06, 2014, 10:55:38 AM »

Ginger King, you won't get any of that "you aren't real fans" stuff from me. Anyone here talking about the band as often as we are, hell, they must be a pretty big fan. It's just you seem pretty frustrated with certain things and I really want to understand where you are coming from. So I guess we are assuming the songs are done. Is that what's been said by the band? If that's the case, I guess any other number of issues could be holding the next album back from being released. Those matters could be in the band's control, and then again they may not be. To be honest with you I have no idea. I feel like sometimes people assume the worst with this band or refuse to give them any kind of benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they are doing their best to get everything done in a way that lives up to the standard they have in place for themselves. I'm glad to hear you are a fan of CD though!

It was Axl himself who said the songs are done.  Sure, it's possible the record company is delaying the release, obviously we don't know why they are not released.  But as possible as record company apathy could be, isn't also possible that the band's not doing everything it can to release it?  I still believe that if Axl really wanted this material out, he'd find a way to get it out.  I think it is that simple.  But that might involve some form of (gasp!) compromise between him and the label. 

And, to be clear, I am many things.  Frustrated because Guns n Roses isn't releasing new music is not one of them.

He said the RECORDING was done, albums also have to be mixed, mastered, and an entire plethora of other tasks before they can be released. Considering the last album release, I can definitely see taking extra time to see that everything is done right.

It?s amazing the levels you will go to defend the continued delay.  Only in GnR land does the second half of CD being ?already recorded? mean it?s not done.  That?s a good one.

These songs have been recorded for how long?5?10?15 years, what else is left to do?  Lay vocals?  Re-master and re-layer guitar solos?  Didn?t we go down that road before with little to no results?  As an artist, aren?t you supposed to learn from the past, or else you risk repeating past mistakes?  Before you blow a lid and exclaim Axl's never made a mistake, I believe he's admitted to making some.

What?s laughable is the extent people will go to defend Axl?s artistic songwriting process.  He?s not tinkering with the magic potion to cure a fatal disease.  He?s singing a song.  Why do the basic laws of making an album (and reason) cease to exist when it comes to this band?

Nah, what is laughable is you choose to ignore the fact that there is a great deal more steps to releasing an album even when recording is done, I suggest you get  a reputable book and read about mixing,mastering, and marketing so at least your entitled mindset won't be totally clueless and ignorant to the process. Wink

If you are tired of waiting, don't- live your life! (Now where have I heard that? ) hihi
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:02:01 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1107 on: November 06, 2014, 11:01:33 AM »

I don't know if some of you remember an album called Beautiful Disease. Google it.

Is it out yet?
Shit happens. Oh no, it can't be true. The record company loves releasing albums....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1108 on: November 06, 2014, 11:02:49 AM »

I don't know if some of you remember an album called Beautiful Disease. Google it.

Is it out yet?
Shit happens. Oh no, it can't be true. The record company loves releasing albums....

/jarmo

Touche! Brilliant  peace

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #1109 on: November 06, 2014, 11:05:38 AM »

Brilliant? Not really.

Comparing a real album, with artwork, a track-listing, etc., a real album that actually sits on my shelves  peace with Axl's imaginary trilogy? I don't think so.

What's the title of this fantasy album that you're comparing to Beautiful Disease? The tracklist?

No?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:12:50 AM by GNR2014 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1110 on: November 06, 2014, 11:16:23 AM »

Hahahaha

How crazy is that story?  What a complete idiot.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1111 on: November 06, 2014, 11:17:10 AM »

Is it out yet?

/jarmo

Lol...somehow I don't think Duff's solo album was going to be a big money maker....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1112 on: November 06, 2014, 11:25:06 AM »

Ginger King, you won't get any of that "you aren't real fans" stuff from me. Anyone here talking about the band as often as we are, hell, they must be a pretty big fan. It's just you seem pretty frustrated with certain things and I really want to understand where you are coming from. So I guess we are assuming the songs are done. Is that what's been said by the band? If that's the case, I guess any other number of issues could be holding the next album back from being released. Those matters could be in the band's control, and then again they may not be. To be honest with you I have no idea. I feel like sometimes people assume the worst with this band or refuse to give them any kind of benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they are doing their best to get everything done in a way that lives up to the standard they have in place for themselves. I'm glad to hear you are a fan of CD though!

It was Axl himself who said the songs are done.  Sure, it's possible the record company is delaying the release, obviously we don't know why they are not released.  But as possible as record company apathy could be, isn't also possible that the band's not doing everything it can to release it?  I still believe that if Axl really wanted this material out, he'd find a way to get it out.  I think it is that simple.  But that might involve some form of (gasp!) compromise between him and the label. 

And, to be clear, I am many things.  Frustrated because Guns n Roses isn't releasing new music is not one of them.

He said the RECORDING was done, albums also have to be mixed, mastered, and an entire plethora of other tasks before they can be released. Considering the last album release, I can definitely see taking extra time to see that everything is done right.

It?s amazing the levels you will go to defend the continued delay.  Only in GnR land does the second half of CD being ?already recorded? mean it?s not done.  That?s a good one.

These songs have been recorded for how long?5?10?15 years, what else is left to do?  Lay vocals?  Re-master and re-layer guitar solos?  Didn?t we go down that road before with little to no results?  As an artist, aren?t you supposed to learn from the past, or else you risk repeating past mistakes?  Before you blow a lid and exclaim Axl's never made a mistake, I believe he's admitted to making some.

Nah, what is laughable is you choose to ignore the fact that there is a great deal more steps to releasing an album even when recording is done, I suggest you get  a reputable book and read about mixing,mastering, and marketing so at least your entitled mindset won't be totally clueless and ignorant to the process. Wink

If you are tired of waiting, don't- live your life! (Now where have I heard that? ) hihi

I think you would be much better served take the side of it's up to Axl when his work is out... instead of going on and on about the process of mixing and mastering... not that I believe you have any clue what goes in to that either.

Because we are way past that point....I admit I don't know the first thing about it... but I'm also pretty sure it doesn't take roughly 14 years (figured id throw in in a gnr song reference)

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1113 on: November 06, 2014, 11:25:23 AM »

Jarmo -

You last post is just loaded with your usual strawmen about "being owed", "frustration", "obsessing", and other long discredited stances.

You trot them out to deflect attention from an inconvenient situation.  The quicker we can stop talking about the delay itself, and switch the focus to how crazy, deranged, obsessed and entitled any detractors must so obviously be, you seem to think that's a big win.  I don't.  I see it for the misdirection it is and its tired.

Strawmen arguments, long discredited, and a redundant conversation.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1114 on: November 06, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »

Brilliant? Not really.

Comparing a real album, with artwork, a track-listing, etc., a real album that actually sits on my shelves  peace with Axl's imaginary trilogy? I don't think so.

What's the title of this fantasy album that you're comparing to Beautiful Disease? The tracklist?

No?

Yeah, it's easy to forget that Duff finished an album and then it wasn't released. Is that his fault? No.
But considering some of you are defenders of the music business...

Lol...somehow I don't think Duff's solo album was going to be a big money maker....

Not the point Mr.

The good people at the record company had a finished album. Yet it didn't come out. As far as I recall, this wasn't what Duff had planned. Yet, it happened.

Those nice people at the record company fucked over the artist. No fucking way. That would never happen. That's what we've been reading from some here for a while now....

The quicker we can stop talking about the delay itself,

What fucking delay?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1115 on: November 06, 2014, 11:32:54 AM »

What fucking delay?

The delay in not doing anything new. 

Whether we obsessed and entitled dissidents are rocking back and forth in the fetal position over it, or taking it as light and breezy as can be and encourage Axl to move at his own pace, the actual delay does not change.

But with no rational approach to having to discuss that delay itself, you seem to want to make personal attacks on the motivations on anyone daring to not whistle your happy tune, because you think that's a gold mine.

It ain't. 

No one even pays attention to you when you start up with that shit.  The only way its mentioned is in parody form.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1116 on: November 06, 2014, 11:37:42 AM »

Brilliant? Not really.

No?

Yeah, it's easy to forget that Duff finished an album and then it wasn't released. Is that his fault? No.
But considering some of you are defenders of the music business...

Not the point Mr.

The good people at the record company had a finished album. Yet it didn't come out. As far as I recall, this wasn't what Duff had planned. Yet, it happened.

Those nice people at the record company fucked over the artist. No fucking way. That would never happen. That's what we've been reading from some here for a while now....

What fucking delay?

/jarmo

Yeah Duff got screwed... 100 percent

I don't subscribe to the theory that the label hasn't been difficult to work with... But clearly ... Axl hasn't played ball either... and he was paid very handsomely in the form of an advance...

If somebody wants to give him the benefit of the doubt tho because they are a GNR fan... be my guest...doesn't bother me. Just in terms of these old unreleased songs... I don't understand how the label could have hindered the mixing and mastering to this extent.

And I still don't understand how preventing Axl to release something could be profitable... I know they needed Best Buy last time... but I would think that would be hard to obtain again.. I'm no business 101 professor, but I'd think ti would be time to cut your losses.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:40:40 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1117 on: November 06, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »

I don't subscribe to the theory that the label hasn't been difficult to work with... But clearly ... Axl hasn't played ball either... and he was paid very handsomely in the form of an advance...

Agreed.

And if all you are going to do is sit in the corner and pout, how does the situation ever hope to improve?

Like it or not, the label doesn't hinge on being able to pay its bills based on what Axl Rose is up to.  Axl has more to gain here than they do.  If he is sitting around stewing in his own juices waiting to the label to come groveling, he might want to pack a lunch.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1118 on: November 06, 2014, 11:44:53 AM »

Seriously? You're the one guy who can't even come up with any reasonable explanation on why an artist would want to take a break from being a "rock star". Most people could at least think of one. You on the other hand can't.

I didn't make any personal attacks whatsoever. I just stated my opinion that if some people loosened up a little bit, they might feel less frustrated and in need to discuss this same thing over and over every time GN'R doesn't do what they want. Very simple.  ok

I don't understand how the label could have hindered the mixing and mastering to this extent.

I don't know the details of the situation. None of us do.

But I can understand that part.

Imagine if we were building a house, I have all the stuff ready, it all just needs to be assembled. But you're not making the foundation I want. So I'm not gonna bring the walls, roof and so on to the site until you do so.  Wink

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1119 on: November 06, 2014, 11:49:17 AM »

Seriously? You're the one guy who can't even come up with any reasonable explanation on why an artist would want to take a break from being a "rock star". Most people could at least think of one. You on the other hand can't.

You keep going back to this, so you obviously think you really got something here.

But what the hell are you even talking about?  I seriously have no clue.  I might be able to better respond if I knew what this was supposed to be about.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: