Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:38:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  More songs from Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: More songs from Chinese Democracy  (Read 8312 times)
juck01
Opening Act

« on: August 23, 2014, 09:32:42 AM »

I am a fan of GN'R living in Japan. I can not understand why GN'R whether to require a cover song so much. I was listening to all the songs from Chinese Democracy all live in 2002 and 2009. IRS and Shackler's Revenge, of course, fierce shout of live of If The World was a wonderful experience. And it was so much fun rhythm shake vigorously Riad N 'The Bedouins or Scraped. Prostitute also liven up the audience.

I regret very much that instead, Whole Lotta Rosie, Do not Let It Bring You Down, The Seeker, Riff Raff has been playing these songs are not fixed to the set list.Any good song, it is necessary to to be accepted, it is played many times.I, I'd like to show off to the fans songs from Chinese Democracy as many one song. Than cover songs.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:22:58 AM »

I'm holding with you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 12:12:59 PM »

I actually like covers songs, as a rule.  See what sort of spin a band I like puts on a song by another artist.

Problem with GNR is that they already have 2 covers that are pretty much never coming out of the setlist in LALD and KOHD.  So even playing just one more cover, now you are up to three, which is high for a band on their level.

Thing is, I would never drop LALD or KOHD from the setlist.  I hear people say they would, but not me.  LALD is a good tune live, and KOHD is such a tradition at this point.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
juck01
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 09:29:05 PM »

Thank you for your reply. Thank you for even me to read.
It's removed from the set list the Knockin'On Heaven's Door is, I think as difficult. Because it is one of the few songs that you sing with everyone in the hall.
I think the other hand, I only subjective, but instead of Live And Let Die, to play the If The World is a good challenge. Good phrase to remember Ease. Deployment of the song thrilling. This song has a great guitar solo.
I also sing on the spot. Even though I heard for the first time.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 01:01:01 AM »

There are definitely some powerful songs I'd like to see become main stays specifically TWAT and prostitute, but the band has fun playing some covers and that's something GNR always has done too

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 11:50:04 PM »

Remember, GNR Not Is Burguer King

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 11:54:22 PM »

Remember, GNR Not Is Burguer King

Yeah, they're more Old Country Buffet at this point.

Juck, you're preaching to the choir on my end. I'm with you 100%.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:56:48 PM by ATREAL1_1 » Logged
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 06:32:18 AM »

I would be disappoint if I went to see GN'R and they didn't play Knockin' on Heaven's Door  crying
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »

I agree with the original poster

i'd rahter see and hear as many songs as possible created by the people on the stage , ive felt that way for a while, dont even need KOHD

but this all comes down to personal preference... and as I have been told in the past .. they play what they want to play...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 12:15:08 PM »

You know, this is something you know by now, but the setlist can never be perfect. Somebody will always find ways to improve it to their personal liking.

We all could create our personal "perfect" setlists, and if it was performed in concert, you'd probably have 99% of the audience wondering what's going on.  hihi

I've been fortunate enough to experience the band playing some of those fan favorites live in concert, and we all love those, but the majority of the crowd are waiting for the "hits"...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 10:01:52 PM »

You know, this is something you know by now, but the setlist can never be perfect. Somebody will always find ways to improve it to their personal liking.

I think most would agree that the setlists from the 2010 Canadian tour were damn near perfect. Pretty much all of Chinese' was played in addition to the hits; no one left unhappy.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 10:40:28 PM »

In my opinion, I don't mind covers because Guns usually does a superior version to the original. Besides, with a 3 hour show or more you get covers, hits, some deep cuts every once in a while, and the material from Chinese Democracy. So everyone wins it seems to me.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 09:40:57 AM »

I think most would agree that the setlists from the 2010 Canadian tour were damn near perfect. Pretty much all of Chinese' was played in addition to the hits; no one left unhappy.

I agree those setlists seemed the most representative of what would be considered the proper 'Chinese Democracy' tour. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 03:55:51 AM »

Something that I had in my mind for such a long time...
"A BOUTIQUE SHOWS FOR THE HARDCORE FANS"

I know it may sound you maybe too weird but that would be awsome to get the Band have a few shows and take off the "hits" and maybe play some Rare stuff that not played usually live from the UYI albums, Spaghetty and, Chinese and whatever they like.
It wont happen, I know but still - we can't live without dreams... beer

the most sick fan in the middle east
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 10:39:41 AM »

Like a fan club show?

Still not a guarantee that you could fill a venue with fan club members only. Or hardcore fans.
So you'd still end up with the average beer drinking rock fan who wants to hear the hits... Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 10:47:37 PM »

Like a fan club show?

Still not a guarantee that you could fill a venue with fan club members only. Or hardcore fans.
So you'd still end up with the average beer drinking rock fan who wants to hear the hits... Wink

/jarmo

Unfortunately true. I wish GN'R had a passionate fan base as large as Pearl Jam, where they could play completely different set lists night to night and please everyone.  Its disappointing because the potential for that was there.  But its funny, my 4 year old tells me 'you get what you get and you don't get upset'.  And thats the way it is with GN'R.  Like an all pro athlete that burns out too soon, but at least in the case of Guns, you can relive those first few seasons over and over through their music and live shows.  We'll get more songs live once they release the material Axl spoke about.  I hope they still have fresh life in them.  Like Doc Gooden pitching a no hitter for the Yankees years after his career nearly ended, I'd like to see Axl do something remarkable again.  But given the time lapse, he'll never have a large enough fan base to get away from performances that are primarily AFD and UYI.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
w.david rose
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 03:50:43 AM »

Like a fan club show?

/jarmo

"Fan club show" sounds very good ok

Hmm maybe once or twice in a big tour to have a show or two for the "Hardcore Fans" in a smaller Venue or something...
Don't know about others but I would pay 200-300$ to be there. (not to mention the whole $$$-$$$$ for the flight etc.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 02:04:11 PM »

It's kinda fun to try to come up with your personal "dream set". Then you realize it's not easy.

You might end up with all the songs you really wanna hear live, but the show wouldn't have a nice flow. Stuff like that.

/jarmo

w.david rose
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 03:24:22 PM »

Guess you are right

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 04:06:10 PM »

I'd just like to hear something that hasn't been played live, Don't Damn Me, for example, is an awesome tune.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: