Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:54:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 404286 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2260 on: June 11, 2015, 10:15:07 AM »

I agree...but that begs the question: what does the artist want?  We know that, over a year ago, Axl wanted to look very seriously at what he was doing in that regard.  Since then, there's really been nothing that has happened, except every other member off touring/releasing music with their other projects. 

To D-X's point, he's Axl Rose.  If he very seriously wants to do something...he can do it.  And [cue: armchair quarterback] a year seems to be a reasonable amount of time to come up with a plan.  The longer we go out, the more apparent it becomes that he doesn't want to.  And that's fine.  He doesn't owe us one god damn thing.  But they seem to be (intentionally?) straddling this line of ambiguity...giving us die hards just enough information (studio tweet) to keep us hoping/guessing. 

On one hand, you want to share exciting news, on the other hand you don't wanna say too much because plans do change and things don't go as planned. So, in that context, it's better to be careful what you say....

I think if you look at things right now, if the band released an album next week, there'd be very little touring to be done. Since many members are already committed to doing other tours. Who knows, maybe it's better to wait? I know, it's not "better" for fans who want the album ASAP. I'm just freely thinking out loud here.

On the other hand, we don't know what's going on between the record label and the artist.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2261 on: June 11, 2015, 10:33:43 AM »

On the other hand, we don't know what's going on between the record label and the artist.

Very true. 

But I think one needs to concede that, if we don't know anything, we need to explore all options.

As in, perhaps they are just being bastard covered bastards with bastard filling and Axl can't get a lick of cooperation...

...or perhaps if you asked them about Axl, they chuckle.  Say to the guy in the next office.  "Guy here is asking about Axl Rose.  I know, right?  When is the last time we even heard from that guy?"

If you don't know, you don't know.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2262 on: June 11, 2015, 10:49:18 AM »

Well, we don't know. Simple as that. So, why play the specualtion game on an hourly basis? hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2263 on: June 11, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »

Yeah, if there's that kind of indifference from the record company, then it's easy to see how it would be frustrating to deal with it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2264 on: June 11, 2015, 11:00:05 AM »

Well, we don't know. Simple as that. So, why play the specualtion game on an hourly basis? hihi

Because, to me, it's more interesting than talking about the first time I heard Madagascar...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2265 on: June 11, 2015, 11:04:13 AM »

You and the other parrots have at it! Wink

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2266 on: June 11, 2015, 11:10:43 AM »

Yeah, if there's that kind of indifference from the record company, then it's easy to see how it would be frustrating to deal with it.

I would agree, if that was their response.  If Axl has gone to them more than once and they show no interest, yeah, that's a problem.

But if the guy has gone totally off the grid, is that on them?  If the artist himself can't seem to muster up enough of a shit for his own career, is it on them to have monthly check-ins and try and coax him into showing some interest in his own life?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2267 on: June 11, 2015, 11:11:10 AM »

Because, to me, it's more interesting than talking about the first time I heard Madagascar...

I think there is room for both. 

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2268 on: June 11, 2015, 11:52:49 AM »

wake up, Iovine  Roll Eyes

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #2269 on: June 11, 2015, 12:10:59 PM »

I think there is room for both. 

Of course.  To each their own.  I prefer to talk about what?s (potentially) next than my Top 3 UYI songs.  I just find it funny that people post a ?why are you bothering posting? post.  Why are you bothering reading it is the better question to ask.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2270 on: June 11, 2015, 12:17:42 PM »

Because I am bored at work...I glance over most of your posts so don't worry. ok

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #2271 on: June 11, 2015, 12:51:32 PM »

Because I am bored at work...I glance over most of your posts so don't worry. ok

Phew!  Good, I wouldn't want you to learn too much.  ok
mortismurphy
« Reply #2272 on: June 11, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »

It is always just one post away from an argument, this place.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2273 on: June 11, 2015, 01:47:57 PM »

No argument on my end. Here is what I "learn" from coming to Jarmo's Joint. 1. There are no scheduled tour dates 2. There is no album release date.

Bam! Shocked

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #2274 on: June 11, 2015, 01:52:08 PM »

No argument on my end. Here is what I "learn" from coming to Jarmo's Joint. 1. There are no scheduled tour dates 2. There is no album release date.

Bam! Shocked

No argument here, either.  BTW, you have quickly answered all I am looking for in GnR in one sentence.  What else am I supposed to do at work now???  Huh
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2275 on: June 11, 2015, 03:24:11 PM »

Very true. 

But I think one needs to concede that, if we don't know anything, we need to explore all options.

As in, perhaps they are just being bastard covered bastards with bastard filling and Axl can't get a lick of cooperation...

...or perhaps if you asked them about Axl, they chuckle.  Say to the guy in the next office.  "Guy here is asking about Axl Rose.  I know, right?  When is the last time we even heard from that guy?"

If you don't know, you don't know.

Oh look, another fantasy scenario, you should maybe write fairy tales and at least exploit this habit.  rofl

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #2276 on: June 11, 2015, 05:45:32 PM »

Bam! Shocked

No argument here, either.  BTW, you have quickly answered all I am looking for in GnR in one sentence.  What else am I supposed to do at work now???  Huh

Bam! Shocked

I was speaking more generally. The conversations on this haven of 'positivity; seem in a permanent state of turning into a full blown flame wars. You can usually see it signposted a mile off.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2277 on: June 11, 2015, 08:26:04 PM »

I think it's actually been better around here lately.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #2278 on: June 12, 2015, 05:52:32 AM »

SO, I admit I haven't been paying much attention to Ron's solo career, but how is it going?
Is he on tour?
He complained for the last 5 years that Guns was holding him back.
Is he very busy these days?
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #2279 on: June 12, 2015, 06:00:50 AM »

SO, I admit I haven't been paying much attention to Ron's solo career, but how is it going?
Is he on tour?
He complained for the last 5 years that Guns was holding him back.
Is he very busy these days?

He's released 2 albums this year. No full tour yet.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: