Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:18:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 432437 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2120 on: April 29, 2015, 02:10:01 PM »

In 3 years when Axl decides to tour again he could very well be on stage with the boys again

If that's the case, I suspect there'd be a lot of reconstruction of burned bridges.

/jarmo

I agree.  Burnt bridges are usually repaired with, time and money
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2121 on: April 29, 2015, 02:11:37 PM »

In 3 years when Axl decides to tour again he could very well be on stage with the boys again

If that's the case, I suspect there'd be a lot of reconstruction of burned bridges.

Yeah, there would have to be. 

And you'd have to wonder if its not just easier to go with someone else without all the baggage and bullshit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2122 on: April 29, 2015, 02:28:41 PM »

Yeah, there would have to be. 

And you'd have to wonder if its not just easier to go with someone else without all the baggage and bullshit.

For touring I think it is easiest to go with guys that know each other and know the music

For touring there is no real baggage.  All the musicians in the band are pros and don't have to be friends to play the gigs

And from what we have seen from Axl

He doesn't even have to be involved with the musicians that play in his band.  He can travel separate.  Show up when ever he wants to the gig. And have his management communicate his wishes to the players in his band.   There should be no drama on his side.  He has everything he wants
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #2123 on: April 29, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »

/jarmo

You've toured with Ron many times. Are you not close to him? Or would you consider him a friend at least?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2124 on: April 29, 2015, 02:51:58 PM »

For touring I think it is easiest to go with guys that know each other and know the music

For touring there is no real baggage.  All the musicians in the band are pros and don't have to be friends to play the gigs

That's the best reason for keeping him, I think.  His role in the live show.

You really can't talk all that seriously about concerns for new albums, but tours at least happen.  And he's a big part of that live show.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2125 on: April 29, 2015, 02:55:35 PM »

One one hand, easy. On another hand, not so easy.

Read the Rolling Stone Indonesia translation again. I think being able to play the songs is important, but so is getting along and having a good time while doing it.

You've toured with Ron many times. Are you not close to him? Or would you consider him a friend at least?

That doesn't change the fact that things have been said that maybe would've been better left unsaid. At least in public.
But that's just my personal opinion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2126 on: April 29, 2015, 03:01:14 PM »

That doesn't change the fact that things have been said that maybe would've been better left unsaid. At least in public.

I think its a valid one.

Ron has been completely unprofessional for the past year or so.  Human nature to expect the GNR camp to be a bit annoyed with it all.

And even looking a little deeper, look at some of the things he's said.  If he's truly that damn unhappy, do you even want him back?  I would say no.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2127 on: April 29, 2015, 03:06:03 PM »

I think its a valid one.

Ron has been completely unprofessional for the past year or so.  Human nature to expect the GNR camp to be a bit annoyed with it all.

And even looking a little deeper, look at some of the things he's said.  If he's truly that damn unhappy, do you even want him back?  I would say no.

The guy made it very obvious he was unhappy, not just with Axl, but with other members of the band, with the way the band with run, with the way the creative process worked, with their level of productivity, with the interpersonal relationships/politics of the group, with the scheduling of gigs, with....well, you get the picture.

He has now spouted off about pretty much every aspect of the band in a negative way. He has thrown not just Axl, but the entire band, it's management, and it's support apparatus, under the bus.

It's hard to come back from that.  I'd never say impossible, but its damn fucking close.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #2128 on: April 29, 2015, 03:09:59 PM »

Why are we forever discussing Ron?  If everyone is so sure he is gone....then let's move on.....

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2129 on: April 29, 2015, 03:16:24 PM »

Why are we forever discussing Ron?  If everyone is so sure he is gone....then let's move on.....

Its the closest thing we have to a current event with this band.  A guy that may or may not have left, 10 months back.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2130 on: April 29, 2015, 05:34:17 PM »

You really can't talk all that seriously about concerns for new albums, but tours at least happen.  And he's a big part of that live show.

I would keep the guy for the live shows.  Where no baggage is really involved

When it comes down to writing a new album.   I would find someone else
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2131 on: April 29, 2015, 05:35:54 PM »

Move on to what? 
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2132 on: April 29, 2015, 05:39:31 PM »

Its the closest thing we have to a current event with this band.  A guy that may or may not have left, 10 months back.

You read my mind

We can all move on, but what are we moving onto?  I have moved on here to discussing sports and current movies I have seen

Trust me my life isn't on hold waiting for something to happen with gnr.  But damn would I love something to talk about.  I would love a concert to look forward to seeing.  Or new music to listen too

On a side note.  Montely crew have announced another once in a life time final concert here in Edmonton.   Ugh.     Sometimes no touring is a good thing
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2133 on: April 29, 2015, 07:07:19 PM »

Translated from Rolling Stone Indonesia

20/04/2015

Actually, what about your relationship with the members of Guns N 'Roses?

Ron Thal: Is different with each of its members. This is a very personal nature. I talked a lot with some of them, and partly I did not talk to them. I was not happy. Therefore, I also felt the need to resign because at the time I had reached the point where it affects the feeling of internal relations within the band. At that time I felt there was a point where I can not help anyone when to be there because it's unhappiness. When it does, then you should know that it is time to go.

http://rollingstone.co.id/read/2015/04/20/190213/2892914/1095/qa-ron-bumblefoot-thal?

So who do you think Ron had/has problems with?
Ron and Richard have never seemed that close...

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2134 on: April 29, 2015, 07:21:25 PM »

20/04/2015

Ron Thal: Is different with each of its members. This is a very personal nature. I talked a lot with some of them, and partly I did not talk to them. I was not happy. Therefore, I also felt the need to resign because at the time I had reached the point where it affects the feeling of internal relations within the band. At that time I felt there was a point where I can not help anyone when to be there because it's unhappiness. When it does, then you should know that it is time to go.

http://rollingstone.co.id/read/2015/04/20/190213/2892914/1095/qa-ron-bumblefoot-thal?

Hard to say, but I do remember Ron and DJ having a little "twitter war" some time ago. They didn't call each other out by name, but it was somewhat obvious they directed a couple of messages at each other.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2135 on: April 29, 2015, 08:40:57 PM »

20/04/2015

My wholly unfounded, with no basis, speculative, thought?

Ron wanted a hgher profile spot in the band. Either he wanted to be tommy, or he wanted to be dj. Or both. I also dont think he and dj were the best of buds, largely because dj gets a lot of the spotlight, and i think ron might have felt he was doing a lot if the heavy lifting. I suspect he made those points to axl...and they fell on deaf ears.

Combine that with his other frustrations, which we have heard him mention in other articles....and you get what we had here last week (year?).

But those are just the voices in my head telling me stories. Probably not a whit of it is accurate.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2136 on: April 30, 2015, 08:53:55 AM »

I would keep the guy for the live shows.  Where no baggage is really involved

When it comes down to writing a new album.   I would find someone else

a). ron quit... he wasn't fired. You cant keep a guy who doesn't want to be there.

b) why would you want one guy for a tour and a different guy to write a new album ...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2137 on: April 30, 2015, 08:57:56 AM »

20/04/2015

Ron wanted a hgher profile spot in the band. Either he wanted to be tommy, or he wanted to be dj. Or both. I also dont think he and dj were the best of buds, largely because dj gets a lot of the spotlight, and i think ron might have felt he was doing a lot if the heavy lifting. I suspect he made those points to axl...and they fell on deaf ears.

Combine that with his other frustrations, which we have heard him mention in other articles....and you get what we had here last week (year?).

But those are just the voices in my head telling me stories. Probably not a whit of it is accurate.

I'm sure some of that is true... I also think Ron probably got tired of the criticism that GNR takes.. and wanted them to function in a more cohesive manner where they write and record together and release stuff... and since they don't really do that for whatever reasons... they get heat.. and he probably got tired of hearing it.

It was clear he was not a fan of DJ... and when people don't come together by choice... there is certainly a chance not everybody will get a long... That's in any walk of life.

I obviously have no clue... but if it's true that they paid DJ more than Ron... well then that would piss me off too...

Especially by all accounts, Ron is the far superior player.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2138 on: April 30, 2015, 10:37:48 AM »

20/04/2015

I'm sure some of that is true... I also think Ron probably got tired of the criticism that GNR takes.. and wanted them to function in a more cohesive manner where they write and record together and release stuff... and since they don't really do that for whatever reasons... they get heat.. and he probably got tired of hearing it.

It was clear he was not a fan of DJ... and when people don't come together by choice... there is certainly a chance not everybody will get a long... That's in any walk of life.

I obviously have no clue... but if it's true that they paid DJ more than Ron... well then that would piss me off too...

Especially by all accounts, Ron is the far superior player.

I think Ron wanted them to operate in a very specific way, creatively, and wanted a bigger part in the creative process at large (which goes part and parcel with doing it "his way").  His comments seem to indicate that.

But...GnR largely hasn't operated the way RON seems to have wanted them to work (together, locked in a studio) since AFD.  And I think OTHER members of the band were comfortable with the status quo.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2139 on: April 30, 2015, 10:49:56 AM »

He was a bad fit for how Axl operates.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: