Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:20:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 432810 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1880 on: March 25, 2015, 09:55:18 PM »

DC and Stones. Those two bands are virtually invulnerable to declining American markets.

I agree! In the NYC area, I would also put Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, U2, and Billy Joel. Billy Joel has sold out 24 consecutive Madison Square Garden shows. To a lesser extent maybe Foo Fighters since they sold out Citifield.

How many people live in this New York area?   20 million?  I hope there are some live concert fans there
mortismurphy
« Reply #1881 on: March 25, 2015, 09:56:36 PM »

It was just pointed out to you that Canada gets more shows than the USA. Europe gets more then those two combined.
Nobody is immune to anything.

Quit fooling yourself, AC/DC troll. Cheesy

/jarmo

Are you implying that N. America and Europe will not see return legs. Jarmo, all I can say is look at the European itinerary. Count the number of German shows. Now, count the French shows. I know what you are trying to do here. You are trying to make a rhetorical point to boost up Axl's US flops. But the point is, DC could book far more stadiums than they have and sell out.

As I said, expect repeat legs.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1882 on: March 25, 2015, 09:59:15 PM »

If management doesn't want to let the fans know what's going on, we don't have much choice.  Do we.

Why do you have such a problem accepting the situation? That there might be a reason, or reasons, for there not being an update? Why is this so hard to grasp?
What if they don't know? What if they will only look at it once there's something to be done? What if they don't wanna announce anything until they're sure about it? All this is too far fetched?

/jarmo

Nine months and ninety-four pages later they can give the fans some kind of an update.  It has become ridiculous at this point.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1883 on: March 25, 2015, 10:00:24 PM »

Of course you can do more legs. But is that your "excuse" for them not booking more shows in the US? Why all those Canadian shows if they'll be back?

What promoter doesn't book as many shows as possible? You don't think they would've done 50 shows in US stadiums if they could?

Nine months and ninety-four pages later they can give the fans some kind of an update.  It has become ridiculous at this point.

As I said, pick an answer and go with it.
It's only ridiculous when you go on and on about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1884 on: March 25, 2015, 10:01:20 PM »

Baconman, some bands can't do it. These bands and music artists are untouchable in this area. The original lineup of GNR COULD have done it and DID do it back in the day. The new lineup can't as I saw it in 2011 at the Izod Center.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1885 on: March 25, 2015, 10:05:47 PM »

/jarmo

No, it's not.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1886 on: March 25, 2015, 10:06:49 PM »

Baconman, some bands can't do it. These bands and music artists are untouchable in this area. The original lineup of GNR COULD have done it and DID do it back in the day. The new lineup can't as I saw it in 2011 at the Izod Center.

That's a weird market then

My market here has 20 times less people.  And any known band has no problem selling out shows
mortismurphy
« Reply #1887 on: March 25, 2015, 10:08:25 PM »

Of course you can do more legs. But is that your "excuse" for them not booking more shows in the US? Why all those Canadian shows if they'll be back?

What promoter doesn't book as many shows as possible? You don't think they would've done 50 shows in US stadiums if they could?

Why eight German dates and only one French date? Answer, promoters and time. My own belief is they will pick up these lost markets later. As I said, it is an odd looking tour that has been commented on elsewhere. DC have not really commented on it but the general theory is they aim to add subsequent legs.

Maybe they should hire Team Brazil? In a nutshell, Vegas-Brazil-Vegas (repeat) for four years. It makes it rather easier logistically I suppose?
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1888 on: March 25, 2015, 10:12:08 PM »

That's a weird market then

My market here has 20 times less people.  And any known band has no problem selling out shows

It's not that weird dude. If you really think about it and view it from an objective standpoint rather than subjectively.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1889 on: March 25, 2015, 10:16:09 PM »

/jarmo

No, it's not.

Yes. You go on and on about it.

What does this tell you:

bumblefoot: Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal Solo artist, producer...
Dj ASHBA: Lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses and Sixx:A.M., Entrepreneur and CEO of ASHBA Enterprises, Inc. http://www.djashba.com

Those are their social media profiles. Now, can you come to a conclusion?

Could this change? Of course.

Why eight German dates and only one French date? Answer, promoters and time. My own belief is they will pick up these lost markets later. As I said, it is an odd looking tour that has been commented on elsewhere. DC have not really commented on it but the general theory is they aim to add subsequent legs.

The German promoter probably made a good offer. And maybe they have a bigger fan base there than France!
The French one might think one is enough.

You still failed to answer why they'd only do shows on the two costs plus two shows in the "middle"... If they could've done say 30 shows all over the place....
"Saving for later" sounds like an excuse and spin! Shocked

Maybe they should hire Team Brazil? In a nutshell, Vegas-Brazil-Vegas (repeat) for four years. It makes it rather easier logistically I suppose?

Trollololol. You're so funny.
When proven wrong, try to direct attention elsewhere.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1890 on: March 25, 2015, 10:27:38 PM »

Yes. You go on and on about it.

/jarmo

No, I don't, you just don't like to hear it.  And that's not what's ridiculous.

mortismurphy
« Reply #1891 on: March 25, 2015, 10:27:47 PM »

The German promoter probably made a good offer. And maybe they have a bigger fan base there than France!

You still failed to answer why they'd only do shows on the two costs plus two shows in the "middle"... If they could've done say 30 shows all over the place....

Eight German dates to two UK? Are DC significantly that much bigger in Germany than the UK?

It is actually just guess work Jarmo, educated guess work.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #1892 on: March 25, 2015, 10:34:18 PM »

Eight German dates to two UK? Are DC significantly that much bigger in Germany than the UK?

There is a huge and loyal fan base in Germany. So it's no wonder that the the band will hosts eight concerts.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
mortismurphy
« Reply #1893 on: March 25, 2015, 10:37:03 PM »

There is a huge and loyal fan base in Germany. So it's no wonder that the the band will hosts eight concerts.

I agree. But in contrast to only two UK gigs and (one French)?
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1894 on: March 25, 2015, 10:37:30 PM »

I forgot to add one other band that is probably untouchable in the  NYC area, which can sell out Giants Stadium (Metlife), Yankee Stadium, Madison Square Garden and Citi Field. That is Metallica.
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #1895 on: March 25, 2015, 10:45:42 PM »

I agree. But in contrast to only two UK gigs and (one French)?

Look at the concert halls in the UK and check out how many of them can handle audiences of 40000+ people.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
mortismurphy
« Reply #1896 on: March 25, 2015, 10:56:58 PM »

I don't follow?

So are you arguing they are not going to pick up further European dates, and that the amount of German dates are merely a reflection that German is four times the fan that the UK is? It would be odd since, at a minimum, most major rock bands end with additional festival legs.
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #1897 on: March 25, 2015, 11:04:00 PM »

I don't follow?

So are you arguing they are not going to pick up further European dates, and that the amount of German dates are merely a reflection that German is four times the fan that the UK is? It would be odd since, at a minimum, most major rock bands end with additional festival legs.

There were three Eurpean legs during the Black Ice tour. Maybe we will see more concerts during the second or third leg of the Rock or Bust Tour in the UK.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:08:00 PM by Sosso » Logged

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1898 on: March 26, 2015, 02:24:24 AM »

My cousin just told me GNR is doing their first DJ set. Is that true? Their new EDM project? April Fools Joke?

That is a Frank/Pitman gig in Miami, Rudy.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1899 on: March 26, 2015, 02:31:26 AM »

circle-jerk of shit

You can always rely on Emma to continue the time old (but thoroughly elusive) HTGTH manifesto upon, ''spreading, positivity''. She does have a creative way with insults mind.

Wasn't an insult as much as an accurate assessment, but  I'm a card-carrying cult member.   Roll Eyes

The tendency to whining and complaining may be taken as the surest sign symptom of little souls and inferior intellects.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: