Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 12:15:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 402785 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2340 on: June 24, 2015, 01:50:54 PM »

DJ said Guns N' Roses auditioned guitar players for a year and a half before asking him to audition.  So it may take some time to replace Ron.

I guess that would imply that they were auditioning guitarists while still keeping the door open for Robin, as Axl said in his online chats that he was open to reaching some sort of agreement with Robin if things worked for both sides.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2341 on: June 24, 2015, 02:09:03 PM »

Just listened to Ron in Eddie Trunk.  He remaind silent when it came to current status with GNR.  Eddie asked directly but Ron stated he couldn't say anything without it getting misinterpreted.  I have a feeling his status is open.  There is no GNR active right now so He isn't In or Out.  But when there is GNR action in the future he hasn't discounted being a part.  My thoughts.  Did anyone else listen?

I Believe This

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2342 on: June 24, 2015, 10:47:15 PM »

DJ said Guns N' Roses auditioned guitar players for a year and a half before asking him to audition.  So it may take some time to replace Ron.

I guess that would imply that they were auditioning guitarists while still keeping the door open for Robin, as Axl said in his online chats that he was open to reaching some sort of agreement with Robin if things worked for both sides.

Didn't Robin play his last show in July of 2007?  Maybe he left long before anything was announced.  Kind of like the situation with Ron.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #2343 on: June 24, 2015, 11:23:56 PM »

Sounds like a guy who wants out.
Shame

A new album that was truly a colloborative effort he could feel part of may change the attitude - but that does not seem likely anytime soon
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2344 on: June 25, 2015, 05:13:06 AM »

Sounds like a guy who wants out.
Shame

A new album that was truly a colloborative effort he could feel part of may change the attitude - but that does not seem likely anytime soon

I would not like to see Ron's type songs used for GNR  no

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2345 on: June 26, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »

Just listened to Ron in Eddie Trunk.  He remaind silent when it came to current status with GNR.  Eddie asked directly but Ron stated he couldn't say anything without it getting misinterpreted.  I have a feeling his status is open.  There is no GNR active right now so He isn't In or Out.  But when there is GNR action in the future he hasn't discounted being a part.  My thoughts.  Did anyone else listen?

I just listened to the interview and I didn't get the feeling his status is open, he's gone.

Ron Thal to Eddie Trunk:

"Regardless of whether I live or die, I'm sure, it's safe to say that Guns N' Roses is going to continue to have a wonderful future. Whether before, during, after...I am just one piece of the story."

The GN'R questions start at 49:50: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU-YyHxF4II

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2346 on: June 26, 2015, 08:15:40 PM »

I just listened to the interview and I didn't get the feeling his status is open, he's gone.

Ron Thal to Eddie Trunk:

"Regardless of whether I live or die, I'm sure, it's safe to say that Guns N' Roses is going to continue to have a wonderful future. Whether before, during, after...I am just one piece of the story."

The GN'R questions start at 49:50: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU-YyHxF4II

Money talks

On both sides
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2347 on: June 26, 2015, 09:25:49 PM »

I get the feeling this isn't about money.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2348 on: June 26, 2015, 10:58:05 PM »

I get the feeling this isn't about money.

If Guns got w huge offer for a last min gig.   

If then Axl decided to play it

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ron playing lead guitar once again.   If not just for that me gig

Money talks.
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #2349 on: July 16, 2015, 01:51:59 PM »

Just released http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=658&pid=523193

"Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal joins Eddie Trunk on this episode of The Eddie Trunk Podcast to discuss his latest record, Little Brother's Watching. In addition to lighthearted discussions about Paul Stanley, touring, hot sauce, and Guns n' Roses, ad more, the guitarist gets serious for a moment and reveals some of the health and personal issues he struggled with and subsequently overcame. "

Cheers!

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #2350 on: July 17, 2015, 09:24:59 AM »

Hey Jarmo, were you aware of his many health issues? Specifically the bladder cancer? I don't know how he got through 2.5 - 3 hour shows. I know how taxing shows can be and mine are not that long. Much respect for him.  beer
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2351 on: July 17, 2015, 09:57:13 AM »

Hey Jarmo, were you aware of his many health issues? Specifically the bladder cancer? I don't know how he got through 2.5 - 3 hour shows. I know how taxing shows can be and mine are not that long. Much respect for him.  beer

Of course i seriously doubt the GNR "camp" was insensitive to his troubles with his back and cancer...

BUT maybe Ron felt like it wasn't a big concern of theirs... that could have lead to a lot of the friction.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2352 on: July 19, 2015, 10:55:10 PM »

Ron loves to play the poor victim, wish he would find a new angle to promote himself.  rant

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2353 on: July 20, 2015, 01:09:07 AM »

Ron loves to play the poor victim, wish he would find a new angle to promote himself.  rant

you are so right

ron is the guy at work, that shows up with a cold, and says.....    I am so sick rick now.....   Well if you are so sick stay home, call in sick, but if still work don't look for any empathy...     You are just a dbag...    its not all about u ron

my back hurts...

I have a headache...

blah blah blah
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #2354 on: July 20, 2015, 04:08:35 AM »

Omg. That old "work"-comparison some of you use is just stupid.  And I 'm sure glad I don't work with people with no empathy. ...

Ron is a champ, both as person and player!

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2355 on: July 20, 2015, 08:23:07 AM »

you are so right

ron is the guy at work, that shows up with a cold, and says.....    I am so sick rick now.....   Well if you are so sick stay home, call in sick, but if still work don't look for any empathy...     You are just a dbag...    its not all about u ron

my back hurts...

I have a headache...

blah blah blah

The guy had fucking CANCER....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2356 on: July 20, 2015, 09:04:46 PM »

you are so right

my back hurts...

I have a headache...

blah blah blah

The guy had fucking CANCER....

And he has made mention of all his numerous ailments in numerous interviews attempting to elicit pity to support his agenda.

Hope he finds another angle soon, maybe he should have refused to tour?

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2357 on: July 20, 2015, 09:07:15 PM »

you are so right

my back hurts...

I have a headache...

blah blah blah

Can we make a list of all the times he has mentioned them? Granted he had issues, maybe he should have stayed home to deal with them?

"Shut the fuck up."
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #2358 on: July 20, 2015, 11:06:55 PM »

Omg. That old "work"-comparison some of you use is just stupid.  And I 'm sure glad I don't work with people with no empathy. ...

Hell yeah, up there with the best things to happen this century within Gn'fR.  Can't believe the number of turn-coats here these days.  He has employment issues, get over it...  GnR is no ordinary job, when Robin left, you didn't hear a whole lot of why.  That's not to say he left under a cloud, it might suggest that there are reasons to keep quiet though. Same with a few of the others who passed up on staying the distance. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting TB and/or Axl are some kind of  Mafia, where if you spill the beans, you'll wake up beside a horses head, quite the opposite in fact. I'm thinking that there maybe some benefits to keep their cards close to their chest. The way BBF is, and has always been from the get-go, is a fan friendly bloke who likes to be seen as a giver, someone who believes in sharing stuff with the fans.  He might be a square peg in a round hole, and that is seen as some kind of problem, but I believe that he has been beaten with a stick in regards to this, but how frustrating this must be for the fella. A chatty man, who can't really talk straight in regards to his status, or perhaps one that is tantalisingly close to saying fuck it, and just dropping an H-bomb on what he would like to say.  People, well some  fans, have taken to diss him, yet when he was feeding out info, teasing Axl with both Estranged and Don't cry solo's, he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Some of you guys need to take a look in the mirror, is it so wrong to want to change direction in your career? For most of us, we do so and without the maelstrom that goes with being an (ex?) member within the Guns moniker.  ok
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2359 on: July 20, 2015, 11:34:20 PM »

Hell yeah, up there with the best things to happen this century within Gn'fR.  Can't believe the number of turn-coats here these days.  He has employment issues, get over it...  GnR is no ordinary job, when Robin left, you didn't hear a whole lot of why.  That's not to say he left under a cloud, it might suggest that there are reasons to keep quiet though. Same with a few of the others who passed up on staying the distance. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting TB and/or Axl are some kind of  Mafia, where if you spill the beans, you'll wake up beside a horses head, quite the opposite in fact. I'm thinking that there maybe some benefits to keep their cards close to their chest. The way BBF is, and has always been from the get-go, is a fan friendly bloke who likes to be seen as a giver, someone who believes in sharing stuff with the fans.  He might be a square peg in a round hole, and that is seen as some kind of problem, but I believe that he has been beaten with a stick in regards to this, but how frustrating this must be for the fella. A chatty man, who can't really talk straight in regards to his status, or perhaps one that is tantalisingly close to saying fuck it, and just dropping an H-bomb on what he would like to say.  People, well some  fans, have taken to diss him, yet when he was feeding out info, teasing Axl with both Estranged and Don't cry solo's, he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Some of you guys need to take a look in the mirror, is it so wrong to want to change direction in your career? For most of us, we do so and without the maelstrom that goes with being an (ex?) member within the Guns moniker.  ok

Only turncoat is Ron, he constantly attempts to elicit pity and paint the GNR camp as somehow dark.

He handled the entire process very badly.

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: