Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:29:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 404316 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2240 on: May 18, 2015, 09:28:14 AM »

I think when we eventually do get something new, Axl will be candid about just not being motivated to deal with the bullshit that goes along with releasing a record.

I would like to hear just what type of bullshit Axl is now subject to in regards to releasing a album than any other artist is...

I could understand roughly 20 years ago, when CD was being recorded and the pressures there....

But now???  No more than anyone else...

If anything...  Releasing a album should be very easy for Axl.

All the songs are already recorded!!!!!!!!!! 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2241 on: May 18, 2015, 09:30:36 AM »

Your lips to god's ears, Baconman.  A lot of us think that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2242 on: May 18, 2015, 11:29:07 AM »

It just doesn't make sense that if Axl walks in to the office with 12 songs tomorrow, that they say no we don't want to put that out.

Regardless of how awful the record company might think the songs are...at this point in time what do they have to lose by releasing an album that says Guns N Roses on it?

I'm sure some people smarter than me can come up with a 100 different reasons why they wouldn't but if somebody as talented as Axl is, wants to release music ... I'm sure there is a way.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:32:24 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2243 on: May 18, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »

It just doesn't make sense that if Axl walks in to the office with 12 songs tomorrow, that they say no we don't want to put that out.

Regardless of how awful the record company might think the songs are...at this point in time what do they have to lose by releasing an album that says Guns N Roses on it?

I'm sure some people smarter than me can come up with a 100 different reasons why they wouldn't but if somebody as talented as Axl is, wants to release music ... I'm sure there is a way.

I would certainly think so.  I never saw the business sense in refusing to release anything out of spite or what have you.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2244 on: May 18, 2015, 01:16:14 PM »

I would certainly think so.  I never saw the business sense in refusing to release anything out of spite or what have you.

Agreed.  Now if it were 1995 and Axl wanted to put out an experimental record, they would probably tell him to start over.  But at this point nothing he puts out is going to sell like hotcakes. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2245 on: May 20, 2015, 03:36:16 PM »

Ron on his time in Guns N' Roses -- "I'm Glad That It Happened"

Guitar Gabble: Can you tell us the experience of performing with Guns N' Roses, playing the timeless classics, and touring extensively.

Bumblefoot: I think, most people will think of it as a dream come true and everything they?ve been striving for. I?ve played with a lot of bands and people and it was definitely a learning and growing experience playing with them and it was the growth that I needed to better myself. It was definitely challenging because it was hard to give up a lot of the things that I was doing as far as the producing and the teaching and all those things to be on the road so often. So for me, I would often get frustrated with trying to keep a balance of time for everything. That was definitely a challenge for me.

But as far as being on the road and touring and doing everything is pretty much what everybody in life is working towards so I?m glad that it happened. Definitely the good times were really good and I wouldn?t trade them for anything. And especially the fans! The best part of touring was spending time with fans, whether it would be sitting outside the hotel on the stairs with an acoustic guitar and just singing together or being silly backstage or just laughing and having fun!

http://www.guitargabble.com/interviews/conversation-ron-bumblefoot-thal-part-1/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2246 on: May 24, 2015, 12:18:07 PM »

Ron on his time in Guns N' Roses -- "I'm Glad That It Happened"

Guitar Gabble: Can you tell us the experience of performing with Guns N' Roses, playing the timeless classics, and touring extensively.

Bumblefoot: I think, most people will think of it as a dream come true and everything they?ve been striving for. I?ve played with a lot of bands and people and it was definitely a learning and growing experience playing with them and it was the growth that I needed to better myself. It was definitely challenging because it was hard to give up a lot of the things that I was doing as far as the producing and the teaching and all those things to be on the road so often. So for me, I would often get frustrated with trying to keep a balance of time for everything. That was definitely a challenge for me.

But as far as being on the road and touring and doing everything is pretty much what everybody in life is working towards so I?m glad that it happened. Definitely the good times were really good and I wouldn?t trade them for anything. And especially the fans! The best part of touring was spending time with fans, whether it would be sitting outside the hotel on the stairs with an acoustic guitar and just singing together or being silly backstage or just laughing and having fun!

http://www.guitargabble.com/interviews/conversation-ron-bumblefoot-thal-part-1/

Thanks FM

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2247 on: May 25, 2015, 05:20:35 PM »

I think that interview pretty much says it all.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2248 on: May 30, 2015, 04:29:15 PM »

It's hard to believe Ron left a year ago.

Current guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal has implied that he might have exited the group, although he notes that he has been asked "not to make any public statements on the matter."

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/wtf/guns_n_roses_dj_ashba_in_bar_fight_over_e-cigarette.html

May 29, 2015

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2249 on: May 30, 2015, 08:01:53 PM »

By not being asked to make any public statements, he sure has made a lot of public statements.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:26:07 AM by Ginger King » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2250 on: May 31, 2015, 02:22:47 PM »

By not being asked to make any public statements, he sure has made a lot of public statements.

Ron hasn't released a statement saying he's left the band.  A year later, he probably thinks management would have by now.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2251 on: May 31, 2015, 02:31:56 PM »

My thoughts exactly, Ron initiated this with his little countdown, built upon it by making questionable statements in interviews, and taking GNR off his social media.

Hardly an innocent victim as he tries to portray himself.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #2252 on: June 09, 2015, 07:11:05 PM »

Agreed.  Now if it were 1995 and Axl wanted to put out an experimental record, they would probably tell him to start over.  But at this point nothing he puts out is going to sell like hotcakes. 

In 1995 Axl could have put anything out and the record company would have backed him nowadays the music industry has shifted so far i'm not so sure they would,it costs an awful lot of cash if you put an album out the old fashioned way you have to ask the question are Guns relevant now and i dont mean to fans,you have to take a step back and look at the bigger picture music has changed so much its untrue to the point i barely recognise any artist in the mainstream I talking about which of course  25 years ago Guns dominated.

Im not sure theres an easy answer to this current lack of new music.

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #2253 on: June 10, 2015, 08:34:59 AM »

In 1995 Axl could have put anything out and the record company would have backed him nowadays the music industry has shifted so far i'm not so sure they would,it costs an awful lot of cash if you put an album out the old fashioned way you have to ask the question are Guns relevant now and i dont mean to fans,you have to take a step back and look at the bigger picture music has changed so much its untrue to the point i barely recognise any artist in the mainstream I talking about which of course  25 years ago Guns dominated.

Im not sure theres an easy answer to this current lack of new music.

But if the music?s ?already recorded?, how much more money does the label have to put into it?  There can?t be that much more, right?  Perhaps the label wants a firm commitment from Axl as to the marketing of the next album (e.g. appearances, interviews, promotional gigs, etc.) and the parties are held up on the details.  Perhaps there?s a liberal interpretation of what ?already recorded? and ?been done for a while? means.  I find it easier to believe that the label was actively involved in gumming up CD back in the 00?s?but now?  What?s their reasoning now?  I?d guess they?d be more apathetic now, especially if the cost to them is not exorbitant.

I agree with you 100% that there's no easy answer...and we'll likely always be fishing for answers.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2254 on: June 10, 2015, 09:11:54 AM »

Bands release albums every week, of every month, of every year.

The hoops we will jump through to explain away how anything and everything about the world is different when it comes to this particular band is a not a super reflection on us.

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #2255 on: June 10, 2015, 10:19:31 AM »

The hoops we will jump through to explain away how anything and everything about the world is different when it comes to this particular band is a not a super reflection on us.

But this band is unlike any other band in the world...why should they adhere to commonly practiced industry standards?  Conformist.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2256 on: June 10, 2015, 10:20:13 AM »

But if the music?s ?already recorded?, how much more money does the label have to put into it?  There can?t be that much more, right?  Perhaps the label wants a firm commitment from Axl as to the marketing of the next album (e.g. appearances, interviews, promotional gigs, etc.) and the parties are held up on the details.  Perhaps there?s a liberal interpretation of what ?already recorded? and ?been done for a while? means.  I find it easier to believe that the label was actively involved in gumming up CD back in the 00?s?but now?  What?s their reasoning now?  I?d guess they?d be more apathetic now, especially if the cost to them is not exorbitant.

I agree with you 100% that there's no easy answer...and we'll likely always be fishing for answers.

It's not all about what the record company wants. It's also about what the artist wants.
The album is one of many on Geffen/Interscope/Universal, but it has the Guns N' Roses name on it. Music fans don't have expectations on a record company like Universal, but the GN'R name has certain expectations to it.  Therefore, it's more about what the artist wants. That's my opinion as a music fan. Same goes for most bands.

I don't think of "Ten" as a great release by Sony. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2257 on: June 10, 2015, 10:39:06 AM »

But this band is unlike any other band in the world...why should they adhere to commonly practiced industry standards?  Conformist.

Hahahaha

Dude doesn't feel like it.  Let's just stop all the tap dancing, already.

What area you want to direct that is up to you.  He just doesn't feel like it, period.  He doesn't feel like doing all the promotional work to get it done.  He doesn't feel like fighting with the label.  He doesn't feel like dealing with the complicated system of the cast of thousands and who gets paid what.

Aren't we consistently told one of Axl's most endearing qualities is what he does what he wants, when he wants?  Well, what is this?? 

This is that exact premise in action, but for whatever goofball reason, we can't give him credit for that.  Personally, I suspect because it reflects poorly on him.  But if you are the sort of guy or gal that gets all funny in the pants over Axl's independent streak...here it is in full view.

Celebrate it.  He's doing things on his terms.  His terms just happen to be total inaction.  But its still him doing things his way.

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #2258 on: June 11, 2015, 06:47:03 AM »

It's not all about what the record company wants. It's also about what the artist wants.
The album is one of many on Geffen/Interscope/Universal, but it has the Guns N' Roses name on it. Music fans don't have expectations on a record company like Universal, but the GN'R name has certain expectations to it.  Therefore, it's more about what the artist wants. That's my opinion as a music fan. Same goes for most bands.

I don't think of "Ten" as a great release by Sony. Wink

/jarmo

I agree...but that begs the question: what does the artist want?  We know that, over a year ago, Axl wanted to look very seriously at what he was doing in that regard.  Since then, there's really been nothing that has happened, except every other member off touring/releasing music with their other projects. 

To D-X's point, he's Axl Rose.  If he very seriously wants to do something...he can do it.  And [cue: armchair quarterback] a year seems to be a reasonable amount of time to come up with a plan.  The longer we go out, the more apparent it becomes that he doesn't want to.  And that's fine.  He doesn't owe us one god damn thing.  But they seem to be (intentionally?) straddling this line of ambiguity...giving us die hards just enough information (studio tweet) to keep us hoping/guessing. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2259 on: June 11, 2015, 09:29:54 AM »

To D-X's point, he's Axl Rose.  If he very seriously wants to do something...he can do it.  And [cue: armchair quarterback] a year seems to be a reasonable amount of time to come up with a plan.  The longer we go out, the more apparent it becomes that he doesn't want to.  And that's fine.  He doesn't owe us one god damn thing.  But they seem to be (intentionally?) straddling this line of ambiguity...giving us die hards just enough information (studio tweet) to keep us hoping/guessing. 

People want the best of both worlds, in my view.

Its very important for them to believe Axl is a take no prisoners warrior for never making compromises and always doing things on his terms.  OK...fine.

But then they also want to tell you that he is also super committed to the work and brimming with ambition.  But why is that a given?

Because...what if he's not?  What if the end result of him being a guy that takes no shit from anyone and dances to his own tune is a guy that sits around saying..."meh, I'll get to it when I get to it, if at all."

The longer this goes on, that's sure how it looks, no? 

And I completely reject that such unwavering belief in Axl the righteous warrior means his motivations are always pure and awesome.  Perhaps not.  The downside of never being told what to do is that you can sit on the sidelines in perpetuity just as easily as you can never stop moving heaven and earth to try and get shit done.

We are the same fanbase that was told we aren't owed a happy ending, correct?  Maybe this is that premise in action.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:31:26 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: