Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 06:38:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 404701 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2200 on: May 11, 2015, 01:30:44 PM »

He also says never say never about himself playing with Axl again...

One interview he's left the band, another one he's keeping the door open.

Also, that's a lot of GN'R questions....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2201 on: May 11, 2015, 02:19:54 PM »

He also says never say never about himself playing with Axl again...

Also, that's a lot of GN'R questions....

/jarmo

Hahaha....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #2202 on: May 11, 2015, 02:24:32 PM »

Maybe Axl and Ron had a brawl, Ron quit, Axl was so fired up/inspired he wrote 14 songs about it, and he's going to pull Ron back in by releasing an album titled 'Stay of (BBF's) Execution'?  smoking

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #2203 on: May 11, 2015, 02:33:26 PM »

Axl & Ron looked very happy on stage together in Vegas last year.

If Guns is gonna relaunch I hope Axl reaches out and keeps him on board.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #2204 on: May 11, 2015, 02:40:29 PM »

Well, I think he?s not out (yet?)

Now that you're planning to concentrate on your career as a solo artiste, will we see less of you during the GN'R tours?
Aah, right now...my focus is just putting out a lot of music. I've been putting out albums. I don't really know what it'll be like, performing. If it's a question if I'd ever tour with Guns N' Roses again, you can never say never! Right now, what I see in my future, is focussing on my music, and then using all of that for charity. I did a show in Thailand, and we managed to raise $1,63,000 for a children's charity. That's the most important thing you can do as a musician...things that can help improve people's lives.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/guns-n-roses-ron-bumblefoot-thal-suicide-watch-axl-rose-slash-band-guitarist-exclusive-interview/1/437348.html

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2205 on: May 11, 2015, 03:00:03 PM »

He's made plenty of references to being in GN'R in past tense.

Maybe he realized it's better to answer all the GN'R questions and act like nothing's changed, instead of telling journalists not to ask GN'R questions...

His album has been out for months but he's yet to properly tour behind it. Playing bike festivals and doing guitar clinics is one thing. I'm sure it's fun for him, but I don't consider that a proper tour. Sorry.
This is the same person who was on tour just weeks after GN'R's residency ended in June.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #2206 on: May 11, 2015, 03:08:36 PM »

He's made plenty of references to being in GN'R in past tense.

Maybe he realized it's better to answer all the GN'R questions and act like nothing's changed, instead of telling journalists not to ask GN'R questions...

His album has been out for months but he's yet to properly tour behind it. Playing bike festivals and doing guitar clinics is one thing. I'm sure it's fun for him, but I don't consider that a proper tour. Sorry.
This is the same person who was on tour just weeks after GN'R's residency ended in June.

/jarmo

Giving dramatic answers to questions relating to GN'R makes news, which in turn brings attention, which in turn sells records.

Is Ron in, is Ron out, oh, and here's a new A of A track. Ron feels suicidal, Ron has a budgie named Axl, ooh, and here's a new Ron solo track

Ron is good at keeping a Ron thread at the top of this forum and many others  hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2207 on: May 11, 2015, 03:10:45 PM »

Ron is good at keeping a Ron thread at the top of this forum and many others  hihi

With no small assist from that noted workaholic Axl Rose.

You can't tell me if there was actual, viable, GNR news that we'd be talking about a Ron Thal charity show in Thailand.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
RnT
Legend

« Reply #2208 on: May 11, 2015, 03:15:17 PM »

Well, if there is nothing official from GNR camp, then he is still a member of the band, right?
He?s just not doing any GNR things in the moment.
Amazes me this silence from GNR camp, and with that, makes me believe that they don?t care so much about this and about what Ron says.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2209 on: May 11, 2015, 03:17:15 PM »

Well, if there is nothing official from GNR camp, then he is still a member of the band, right?
Amazes me this silence from GNR camp, and with that, makes me believe that they don?t care so much about this and about what Ron says.

I tend to agree.

They can't be diverting time away from working on the next album to deal with Ron's drama.  The work must continue.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #2210 on: May 11, 2015, 03:19:29 PM »

I do not remember the band officially stating any members have left in recent times. I could be wrong
RnT
Legend

« Reply #2211 on: May 11, 2015, 03:28:42 PM »

I do not remember the band officially stating any members have left in recent times. I could be wrong

I remember reading articles about Ron beeing the new guitarrist, as DJ, and reading here something like "if it didn?t came from GNR camp, don?t believe". That?s what?s happening...

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #2212 on: May 11, 2015, 03:33:11 PM »

I remember reading articles about Ron beeing the new guitarrist, as DJ, and reading here something like "if it didn?t came from GNR camp, don?t believe". That?s what happening...

Airport GN'R has an arrivals board, but not a depatures board.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2213 on: May 11, 2015, 03:34:41 PM »

/jarmo

So Ron has quit the band but is leaving the door open to playing with them again in the future.  Like Duff, Izzy and Robin.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
RnT
Legend

« Reply #2214 on: May 11, 2015, 03:37:00 PM »

I remember reading articles about Ron beeing the new guitarrist, as DJ, and reading here something like "if it didn?t came from GNR camp, don?t believe". That?s what happening...

What if the plane crashes??  hihi

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2215 on: May 11, 2015, 03:37:41 PM »

Maybe management isn?t announcing Ron has left the building because they know the casual fan didn?t know he ever arrived?
Or that he even exists. That?s no disrespect meant towards Ron. I think he?s a great player, and appreciate his honesty. Certainly the most interesting member outside of Axl.
I think the casual fan is pretty numb to say the least to personnel departures at this point.

I?m sure that factored into his decision to leave. Sure he was afforded an amazing opportunity, and his career is better off for joining, but he?s been a member just shy of a decade, and not a lot to show for it outside of money and exposure. He?s made it clear he wants to make music, and since he left, he?s been doing just that.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2216 on: May 11, 2015, 03:41:28 PM »

I remember reading articles about Ron beeing the new guitarrist, as DJ, and reading here something like "if it didn?t came from GNR camp, don?t believe". That?s what?s happening...

Certain things you have to be careful about what you choose to believe.

When the person himself makes comments about how he left the band, it's not really a question about if it's a rumor or not. You'd assume he would know.

It's a bit different when somebody announces shows, release dates or that somebody has joined the band. These things can sometimes be announced prematurely, then things happen and it doesn't go as planned (remember what happened to Ron in 2004?).

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2217 on: May 11, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »

yeah it's like watching The Love Boat without the endings

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #2218 on: May 11, 2015, 03:50:32 PM »

yeah it's like watching The Love Boat without the endings

I never knew you watched The Love Boat  nervous
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #2219 on: May 11, 2015, 03:55:48 PM »

Maybe management isn?t announcing Ron has left the building because they know the casual fan didn?t know he ever arrived?
Or that he even exists. That?s no disrespect meant towards Ron. I think he?s a great player, and appreciate his honesty. Certainly the most interesting member outside of Axl.
I think the casual fan is pretty numb to say the least to personnel departures at this point.

I?m sure that factored into his decision to leave. Sure he was afforded an amazing opportunity, and his career is better off for joining, but he?s been a member just shy of a decade, and not a lot to show for it outside of money and exposure. He?s made it clear he wants to make music, and since he left, he?s been doing just that.

I think as I have said before, a place I go to in Goa India, the barman still thinks Slash and Duff are still in the band  hihi  I have never corrected him either, I just leave people to their own devices. He now likes Cinderella and has my Long Cold Winter CD

The hotel I stay in, the owner is a Prince fan and he has his hair the same as Prince from the 80s and dresses like him. He has been that way for 8-9 years now

It is all odd  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: