Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 12:43:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 405552 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2160 on: May 01, 2015, 01:48:27 AM »

For touring I think it is easiest to go with guys that know each other and know the music

For touring there is no real baggage.  All the musicians in the band are pros and don't have to be friends to play the gigs

That's the best reason for keeping him, I think.  His role in the live show.

You really can't talk all that seriously about concerns for new albums, but tours at least happen.  And he's a big part of that live show.

I would keep the guy for the live shows.  Where no baggage is really involved

When it comes down to writing a new album.   I would find someone else

a). ron quit... he wasn't fired. You cant keep a guy who doesn't want to be there.

b) why would you want one guy for a tour and a different guy to write a new album ...

Some people are better at touring. Become people are better at just writting and recording within the dynamics of the band, that Axl has made

Perfct example is Paul huge.   Who wrote and was a large componen to the album CD.     But wasnt made for touring.   Where is Ron is actually very good live and perfect for the live show. But for whatever reason axl has no use for him for live recordings

And I don't know if ron quit per say.   I would say it was more that his contract ran out and both him and guns managment couldn't come to terms with a new one
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2161 on: May 01, 2015, 05:41:07 AM »

For touring I think it is easiest to go with guys that know each other and know the music

For touring there is no real baggage.  All the musicians in the band are pros and don't have to be friends to play the gigs

You really can't talk all that seriously about concerns for new albums, but tours at least happen.  And he's a big part of that live show.

a). ron quit... he wasn't fired. You cant keep a guy who doesn't want to be there.

b) why would you want one guy for a tour and a different guy to write a new album ...

Some people are better at touring. Become people are better at just writting and recording within the dynamics of the band, that Axl has made

Perfct example is Paul huge.   Who wrote and was a large componen to the album CD.     But wasnt made for touring.   Where is Ron is actually very good live and perfect for the live show. But for whatever reason axl has no use for him for live recordings

And I don't know if ron quit per say.   I would say it was more that his contract ran out and both him and guns managment couldn't come to terms with a new one
Bumblefoot is all over chinese. One of the couple people who plays on every track

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2162 on: May 01, 2015, 07:51:41 AM »

Musicians with a desire to produce/release new material aren?t long for Guns N? Roses.

Dj has managed to do both, Tommy as well. Richard and Dizzy.....

While Ron as in the band, he managed to release music and produce Poc (anybody remember her?).

/jarmo

I've heard from numerous people that he did a lot more than just produce her, any truth to that?  Her live stream was a bit inappropriate as well, with Ron walking around in a towel.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:55:00 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2163 on: May 01, 2015, 08:41:05 AM »

I realize that certain people are better suited for different things... but if im putting together a "band" ... I WANT the people creating songs to perform them as well.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2164 on: May 01, 2015, 08:42:55 AM »

Musicians with a desire to produce/release new material aren?t long for Guns N? Roses.

While Ron as in the band, he managed to release music and produce Poc (anybody remember her?).

/jarmo

I've heard from numerous people that he did a lot more than just produce her, any truth to that?  Her live stream was a bit inappropriate as well, with Ron walking around in a towel.

I'm gunna go out on a limb... and say Ron is not the first, only or last guy in GNR to fool around... ha

Not that it's anybodys business.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2165 on: May 01, 2015, 09:15:33 AM »

/jarmo

I'm gunna go out on a limb... and say Ron is not the first, only or last guy in GNR to fool around... ha

Others were putting forth scenarios invented from what they know, I decided to do the same.

If he didn't want it to be anyone's business maybe he shouldnt have paraded around in the towel on her podcast? Pretty blatant.

I didn't care for Ron's schtick about pointing at the watch, don't care for his publicly airing his issues and won't be folliwing him or buying any of his products or releases.

"Shut the fuck up."
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2166 on: May 01, 2015, 09:41:24 AM »

/jarmo

Others were putting forth scenarios invented from what they know, I decided to do the same.

If he didn't want it to be anyone's business maybe he shouldnt have paraded around in the towel on her podcast? Pretty blatant.

I didn't care for Ron's schtick about pointing at the watch, don't care for his publicly airing his issues and won't be folliwing him or buying any of his products or releases.

Yeah I think I remember reading you state that before.....

Ron = bad guy

He wasn't a good fit for GNR and it's best that they part ways.

He hasn't taken his omerta seriously... so therefore everybody hates him now. Got it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:46:56 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2167 on: May 01, 2015, 11:18:34 AM »

He hasn't taken his omerta seriously... so therefore everybody hates him now. Got it.

In my opinion, he hasn't even taken the real heat yet.

That comes once Axl eventually weighs in.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2168 on: May 01, 2015, 12:06:38 PM »

I thought he was more than a good fit. Great player, nice to the fans. The shows were amazing.

But in the end, the square peg won't fit in a round hole.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2169 on: May 01, 2015, 12:15:22 PM »

I thought he was more than a good fit. Great player, nice to the fans. The shows were amazing.

/jarmo

I agree about him as a player and his interactions with the fans.

But lets be honest... he was too opinionated on how things should go for the powers at be.

He came off in a way where he didn't acknowledge that he wasn't a partner... although deep down he must have known that.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2170 on: May 01, 2015, 12:21:18 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah I think I remember reading you state that before.....

Ron = bad guy

Unlike certain others here, I don't pretend to speak for "everyone" or have any delusions of grandeur.

Only stating my feelings on the matter.  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2171 on: May 01, 2015, 12:28:04 PM »

I agree about him as a player and his interactions with the fans.

But lets be honest... he was too opinionated on how things should go for the powers at be.

He came off in a way where he didn't acknowledge that he wasn't a partner... although deep down he must have known that.

All I was saying that in one way it was pretty good, but then you look at it from another angle and maybe it's not as good.

Hence the square peg metaphor.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #2172 on: May 02, 2015, 03:02:59 AM »

/jarmo

I like BBF, he was very pleasant, sincere & down to earth for the time I spent with him after a concert. He will be a sad loss to the band but that's just my opinion. He did all the fun things like taking a camera and filming for someone who was streaming a concert, took video of the crowd after the concert for a tour & interacts really well with fans.
Obviously I don't know what he's like to work with but from a fan's perspective I have only good memories of him and his wife and will continue to follow them in his music career and hope to see him performing and maybe meeting up with him again for a chat.
Like Beta you get to find them very pleasant and happy to chat if you take an interest in them, not ask questions about Axl. Beta was very forthcoming in my interest in her previous job, her country and I wish we had more time to chat about her life as we had a lot in common with our type of work.

BBF if you read this I will stay loyal and look forward to hearing your music - sad to not see you on stage any more.  peace
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2173 on: May 08, 2015, 01:41:38 PM »

Hopefully this gets straightened out soon....

William: Briefly focusing on your career with Guns N? Roses, there have been rumors that the band will release a new studio album later this year. What can you say about the group?s latest material?

Bumblefoot: I have no info whatsoever about GN?R. There?s nothing. Anything you?re going to ask me is going to be ?I don?t know.? I?ve gotta? (laughs) I?m sorry.

William: Is it really under so much regulation that you can?t even discuss it?

Bumblefoot: I know. Literally, I have no info.

http://musicenthusiastmag.com/bumblefoot-new-album-art-of-anarchy-interview-2015/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2174 on: May 08, 2015, 01:46:03 PM »

He's promoting all his solo stuff and they ask about GN'R.... Didn't they get the memo? He's focusing on his solo stuff!

And if there's a choice between that and GN'R, he's choosing the former. That's what he said.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2175 on: May 08, 2015, 02:26:27 PM »

The media think he's still in the band.  They're going to continue to ask him about GN'R.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2176 on: May 08, 2015, 02:35:17 PM »

The media think he's still in the band.  They're going to continue to ask him about GN'R.

Why can't he just say GNR is on "hiatus". I am not sure what the future holds for them and for me. Any questions related to GNR you need to email or contact Beta Lebeis at this address because she is the only human alive with any ind of clue.

It seems so simple actually.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2177 on: May 08, 2015, 02:38:10 PM »

Or before the interview: Please don't ask about GN'R, I'm focusing on my solo career.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2178 on: May 08, 2015, 02:41:26 PM »

Or before the interview: Please don't ask about GN'R, I'm focusing on my solo career.

/jarmo

I wouldnt be surprised if he does say that before the interview... and then they hang up on him.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2179 on: May 08, 2015, 02:44:01 PM »

At some point management has to announce what is really going on.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: