Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:16:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 432423 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2080 on: April 21, 2015, 09:04:36 PM »

Funny note, Scott just called Art of Anarchy a "scam" I posted article and link in the proper section.

Ron comes off looking really foolish here  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2081 on: April 21, 2015, 09:11:07 PM »

Well, Scott did film a couple of music videos with them. He must have known they were intended for release. I wonder how he imagined this would look like to the public. He's in the video singing and fronting Art of Anarchy.

I think it's a case of him having second thoughts about the whole project, and are now trying to undermine it as best he can. Especially since he has a band of his own now.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2082 on: April 22, 2015, 05:16:58 AM »

Well, Scott did film a couple of music videos with them. He must have known they were intended for release. I wonder how he imagined this would look like to the public. He's in the video singing and fronting Art of Anarchy.

I think it's a case of him having second thoughts about the whole project, and are now trying to undermine it as best he can. Especially since he has a band of his own now.

My take of the entire escapade were that the Votta bros are wealthy and simply bought themselves some semi-known musicians and a well known frontman- some people can be bought for the right price.

I'm not interested in AOA, except for the entertainment factor, and I don't mean their video or song-the entire debaucle has been entertaining.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2083 on: April 22, 2015, 09:10:36 AM »

Exactly... if you wanted nothing to do with it... or whatever... How do you film a music video with them ? Did he think it was just going to be for those guys private collection?

Come on.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2084 on: April 22, 2015, 09:15:12 AM »

Isn't this the same singer who admitted that he joined VR for the money?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2085 on: April 22, 2015, 09:17:11 AM »

Isn't this the same singer who admitted that he joined VR for the money?

/jarmo

That was certainly part of it yes.

More power to anybody who can do such a thing. I'm sure all musicians have made decisions based on how they will pay the bills.

That's the least of this guys indiscretions.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2086 on: April 22, 2015, 09:19:29 AM »

"The money attracted me." - Scott Weiland about VR in 2011

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2087 on: April 22, 2015, 09:23:14 AM »

"The money attracted me." - Scott Weiland about VR in 2011

/jarmo

I agreed with you that money was a factor with him in the past.

The simple fact that he made a music video with this band and then making these nasty comments... makes him look like an assclown.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2088 on: April 22, 2015, 09:36:16 AM »

Funny note, Scott just called Art of Anarchy a "scam" I posted article and link in the proper section.

Ron comes off looking really foolish here  hihi

No. Unfortunately, it?s Scott looking foolish, again.
An incredible talent, but let?s just say he?s a bit light on tact.

Ron wants to be a productive musician, and he?s achieved that with this AoA record, regardless of anyone?s opinions of how it came to be, plus his solo album, and whatever else he?s involved in.  Ron backed up his talk. He?s back doing what he wanted to do. Good for him.

Why Scott would feel compelled to potentially sabotage a project he was very much a part of is beyond me, but then again, just about everything he says in the press is.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2089 on: April 22, 2015, 09:38:06 AM »

I don't think what he did is that different from a musician doing a studio session, writing a song for a commercial or whatever.

Yeah, you join a band and act like it's a "gang" when in reality you originally joined for the money. It's a bit of a fraud, or an act. But who believes these "we're a gang" phrases anymore?

/jarmo

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2090 on: April 22, 2015, 09:45:47 AM »

I think it?s safe to assume that every professional musician, or professional anything for that matter is attracted to money.
Scott just isn?t afraid to come out and say it. To his own detriment, he?s not afraid to say anything.

Axl is on record saying he hates touring, yet has been touring his balls off at a time when record sales are at an all time low, and touring revenue is a musicians primary source of income.

They are all in it for the money. To believe otherwise would be naive.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2091 on: April 22, 2015, 10:06:36 AM »

I think it?s safe to assume that every professional musician, or professional anything for that matter is attracted to money.
Scott just isn?t afraid to come out and say it. To his own detriment, he?s not afraid to say anything.

Axl is on record saying he hates touring, yet has been touring his balls off at a time when record sales are at an all time low, and touring revenue is a musicians primary source of income.

100 percent agreed. Never begrudge a man earning a paycheck... just coming out and admitting it like that riles people up for up some reason...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2092 on: April 22, 2015, 10:11:39 AM »

Scott has been very vocal about his interest in being paid.
That rubs people the wrong way. It probably would have rubbed me the wrong way when I was 12, and thought these people just loved crafting/performing all these songs for my personal enjoyment.

Scott has every right to earn money commensurate with his enormous talent.
Doesn?t necessarily mean his heart isn?t into the work. Like I said, he?s lacking in the tact department, and when he says things like this, it does make you wonder. But, we have no idea what any musician?s motivation to create stems from, unless they tell us, and even then we are probably going to get the polished/sugar coated explanation from anyone with more grace than Scott, which is just about everybody. So it boils down to if you enjoy the results. In the case of Scott, whether his motivations are purely financial or not, I?m enjoying his latest effort, Blaster. I?ll give AoA a spin when it comes out.

Regarding VR, I could easily envision a scenario where they did feel like a gang, at least initially,
They were battling to overcome addiction, while at the same time, trying to build a new project from the ground up.
They probably felt they needed to prove themselves, as they were doubted, and had the lofty expectations of living up to not one, but two enormously successful bands in Guns N? Roses and Stone Temple Pilots. On some level, they succeeded. I?m sure that felt good.
Obviously the honeymoon didn?t last long.

I think all the constant information/gossip we are force fed with today?s social media and instant access can be mildly entertaining, but can also do the music a disservice if you try to read too far into it.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2093 on: April 22, 2015, 10:23:26 AM »

Exactly... if you wanted nothing to do with it... or whatever... How do you film a music video with them ? Did he think it was just going to be for those guys private collection?

Come on.

Right.  What did he think, the video and album were going to go in the AoA vault???  Scott looks foolish here...but it's a bit of a stretch to lay blame on Ron, IMO.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #2094 on: April 22, 2015, 10:29:41 AM »

100 percent agreed. Never begrudge a man earning a paycheck... just coming out and admitting it like that riles people up for up some reason...

Its funny, it used to rile me up when people would do things for the money.  Just one of those things that you learn with age I suppose when you have kids college, bills, mortgages and in Scott's case addictions to feed.  That is why for years I've always said shrugged  my shoulders when Slash has done things people roll their eyes at.  He has a family to think about and while I am sure he has plenty of money, why not give them some more cushion?  I would say the exact same thing with Axl or anyone else.  Many scoffed at his Budweiser commercial.  I hope he cashed in big time on the 7 seconds he was on camera haha!

Either way not sure how I feel about this project.  I am only really interested in projects by members from the 'classic' GNR.  Its not bad, so maybe I will give it a try.  
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2095 on: April 22, 2015, 11:58:17 AM »

Obviously,,, Is Work Of Musics, 100% Normal.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2096 on: April 25, 2015, 03:47:42 PM »

Translated from Rolling Stone Indonesia

20/04/2015

Actually, what about your relationship with the members of Guns N 'Roses?

Ron Thal: Is different with each of its members. This is a very personal nature. I talked a lot with some of them, and partly I did not talk to them. I was not happy. Therefore, I also felt the need to resign because at the time I had reached the point where it affects the feeling of internal relations within the band. At that time I felt there was a point where I can not help anyone when to be there because it's unhappiness. When it does, then you should know that it is time to go.

http://rollingstone.co.id/read/2015/04/20/190213/2892914/1095/qa-ron-bumblefoot-thal?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Trash Boat
Opening Act

« Reply #2097 on: April 25, 2015, 07:28:12 PM »

Nice find FunkyMonkey.  Looks like he is gone no doubt now  Sad
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2098 on: April 25, 2015, 08:48:45 PM »

Thanks Ron... Welcome Robin

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2099 on: April 26, 2015, 03:25:45 AM »

Thanks Ron... Welcome Robin

smoking

I wish

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: