Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 10:31:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Fortus Interview: "I?m hoping to finish up the next Guns n Roses album soon"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Fortus Interview: "I?m hoping to finish up the next Guns n Roses album soon"  (Read 20881 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 08:51:25 AM »

You could pick out the songs, decide on the order, decide on artwork and have everything done but that doesn't mean the album would be out the following week....

Also, we don't know the order of business here. Who's gonna present their plan first? After the last experience between record company and artist, maybe they don't want to repeat that exact experience again....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 09:05:53 AM »

Nobody said the following week.  The point raised was 2016, which is 18 months away.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 09:20:37 AM »

And where did 2016 come from?
Same applies to any date you suggest.... Since we don't know how the process/negotiations look like, assuming the album will be out pretty much as soon as the songs are selected is a bit naive.

The point is, maybe the biggest hurdle isn't selecting the songs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 09:32:08 AM »

2016 was suggested a few posts ago.  I responded to it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 09:47:51 AM »

Yeah, and I'm responding to it as well....

Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 10:00:35 AM »

My personal opinion is that expecting 2014 is unrealistic, and accepting it might not be until 2016 is preposterous.

Now, I assume that cues up some misdirection that they don't care what I think, I'm not owed anything, some fucking "fan" I am...the whole bit.  But that's not a productive conversation.  And one we've had a million times.

Given Axl's own words, I think its very realistic and not at all unreasonable to think they could have a new album out one year from that interview, which would be May 2015.  I also find it very realistic and not at all unreasonable to say that if all of calendar year 2015 comes and goes with no progress on anything new, its time to accept this is simply a live touring band that plays old GNR songs for Axl to sing in concert.  No available evidence will be there to contradict that and its time we make our peace with it.

Which, by the way, I'm well prepared to do.  If that's the deal, that's the deal.  I'm not taking hostages here and demanding anything. 

I'm simply unwilling to not be realistic and feel every conversation about this needs to have a starting point that Axl Rose is blameless and he should be allowed maximum wiggle room at all times on his own words before anything is discussed.  That doesn't accomplish anything.  He is my favorite singer ever, but I am not beholden to him nor feel the need to take ridiculously laughable stances, lest dare utter a critical word. 

Not my deal.  Shouldn't be anyone's deal, in my view.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 10:17:11 AM »

I don't know why you think 2014 is unrealistic. Personally I don't rule anything out because, wait for it, I don't know anything!

As far as I remember, people had ruled out 2008 in spring/summer of that year as well.... And look what happened.
They announced the album in October for a November release....

Personally I don't worry about it. It'll be out when everything's in place and I hope they don't have to go through the same experience they did in 2008...

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2014, 11:11:38 AM »

I don't know why you think 2014 is unrealistic. Personally I don't rule anything out because, wait for it, I don't know anything!

As far as I remember, people had ruled out 2008 in spring/summer of that year as well.... And look what happened.
They announced the album in October for a November release....

Oh, it would be awesome.  I'd love it.

But I am a reasonable person.  They just got off the road.  Need some time to decompress.  And now there is talk there might be more shows in the fall/winter.  That will take some time and attention.

But being a reasonable person cuts both ways.  To go the rest of this year, and then all of next year and not get it out?  Well, its painfully obvious that's it not a priority and its time to stop thinking it ever will be.

I can absolutely cut slack when it makes sense.  What I will not do is cut slack, after slack, after slack...have nothing happen, and then say "hey, what are ya gonna do, right?"  All the more so if in that time there is no album, there is yet more touring of the same show.  You are telling me you aren't interested in moving forward.  That this is it.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2014, 11:21:25 AM »

"We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things.
But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese.
That's already recorded.
And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese.
That's been done for a while, too.
But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

-Axl Rose, Revolver interview, May 2014
I don't see anything about song selection specifically.  Sorry.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2014, 11:23:25 AM »

Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson and Richard Fortus.
No, I don't believe so. Axl said nothing about that. The others may have alluded to that needing to be done, but I don't recall a definitive timeline for that action.

Ali

Ah, semantics for the win.

Axl himself said after they get off the road, they will start looking at songs, which are already done.  I am saying that with your last show being 6.7.14...if you can't pick out which already completed songs go on the next album in less than 18 months....that's pretty ridiculous.

Perhaps you disagree.  Perhaps others will line-up with you and gladly assist making excuses.  Some people will get pissed on and convince themselves it raining, if they want to believe hard enough, I suppose.

But I'm not that guy

It's not semantics.  He never specifically mentioned working on song selection.  So, you're putting words in his mouth.

But, I agree, actually.  18 months is a reasonable time to complete song selection.

I just don't see it specifically mentioned by Axl in the Revolver interview.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 12:07:47 PM »

"We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things.
That's already recorded.
But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

So what is your solution?

Since it seems to be out of bounds to talk about...well, anything, it seems, why do we even bother?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 12:09:45 PM »

He never specifically mentioned working on song selection.  So, you're putting words in his mouth.

No, what I'm doing is taking his own words that the songs are already recorded and have been.

If they weren't, I could see how this might still take some time.  But if the work is already done, we are talking picking which bunch, no? 

Ali
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 02:01:15 PM »

That's already recorded.

So what is your solution?

Since it seems to be out of bounds to talk about...well, anything, it seems, why do we even bother?
I never said it is out of bounds to talk about.  I just don't agree with the interpretations of his statements in the Revolver interview.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 02:04:20 PM »

He never specifically mentioned working on song selection.  So, you're putting words in his mouth.

No, what I'm doing is taking his own words that the songs are already recorded and have been.

If they weren't, I could see how this might still take some time.  But if the work is already done, we are talking picking which bunch, no? 
I agree that seems like one of the next logical steps.  But, there could be other issues that are more pressing, like communications with the label, that could take precedence over song selection.  And what does "already recorded" mean?  Basic tracks?  Have all lead instrumentation tracks been recorded?  All lead and backing vocals?

So, given that he didn't specifically say that, I'm leery of putting words in his mouth.

Ali
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 02:37:54 PM »

I agree that seems like one of the next logical steps.  But, there could be other issues that are more pressing, like communications with the label, that could take precedence over song selection.  And what does "already recorded" mean?  Basic tracks?  Have all lead instrumentation tracks been recorded?  All lead and backing vocals?

So, given that he didn't specifically say that, I'm leery of putting words in his mouth.

Ali
Ahem...

"That's been done for a while, too."

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 06:33:36 PM »

23.11.15 anyone?  drool

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Ali
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2014, 08:16:11 PM »

Ali
Ahem...

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  He never mentioned anything about song selection.  Recording being complete could mean basic tracks, it could mean all recording is done.  It certainly has nothing to do with song selection.  That's a separate process.

Ali
GNR2014
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2014, 10:13:55 PM »

Ali
Ahem...

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  He never mentioned anything about song selection.  Recording being complete could mean basic tracks, it could mean all recording is done.  It certainly has nothing to do with song selection.  That's a separate process.

Ali

Done means done.
Why would it mean anything else Ali?
Why are you suggesting that done means not done?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2014, 01:59:48 AM »

Ali
Ahem...

Ali

Done means done.
He said recorded. Dizzy also said, "I think a lot of it is either finished or close to being finished." So, I think it's fair to say there is some difference in perspective on the matter.

Ali
GNR2014
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 06:34:13 AM »

Ali
Ahem...

Ali

Done means done.
He said recorded. Dizzy also said, "I think a lot of it is either finished or close to being finished." So, I think it's fair to say there is some difference in perspective on the matter.

Ali

He said "done" -- it's right up there in bold text.  Roll Eyes

There are 2 albums done -- the second half of Chinese and the remix album.
Why do you insist on twisting Axl's words around?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: