Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:29:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus brief interview
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus brief interview  (Read 22179 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2014, 09:58:48 AM »

Here is a question for u.
Axl comes and asks you, what songs that we have not played live in this era would u want to hear?
Would u say, "keep the same setlist axl?"

Or do u secretly want to hear something diff?

Of course each one of us wants to hear certain songs. To think otherwise would be foolish.
Just like most of us fans would love to buy new material from the band.

That being said, being constructive is one thing, complaining about the setlist when you're not at the shows is another.

We all could create fantasy setlsts, but then if those were used, the majority of the crowd would be like this:  Huh  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2014, 10:26:25 AM »

In regard to filling a void in their lives, Jarmo, why else would someone drop the hundreds of dollars required to fly to Vegas and catch a gig, if not to fill some void?
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2014, 10:32:17 AM »

Here is a question for u.
Axl comes and asks you, what songs that we have not played live in this era would u want to hear?
Would u say, "keep the same setlist axl?"

Or do u secretly want to hear something diff?

Of course each one of us wants to hear certain songs. To think otherwise would be foolish.
Just like most of us fans would love to buy new material from the band.

That being said, being constructive is one thing, complaining about the setlist when you're not at the shows is another.

We all could create fantasy setlsts, but then if those were used, the majority of the crowd would be like this:  Huh  hihi

/jarmo

True

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2014, 10:33:21 AM »

Good point. But I think we are talking about a bit different things.

The thing I was talking about is the fact that sometimes it seems like the need for a new GN'R album is almost as important as oxygen for some. Wink
And for all the sensitive people out there in Internet land, I'm being extreme and not 100% serious here. Ok?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2014, 11:08:55 AM »

In regard to filling a void in their lives, Jarmo, why else would someone drop the hundreds of dollars required to fly to Vegas and catch a gig, if not to fill some void?

I will spend $1200 for my flight and $400 for a room to go to Vegas next month.  I'm not "filling a void".  I am seeing my favourite band in an awesome venue.  I went and saw two shows in Vegas in 2012.  The venue is kick ass.  You might bump into the band outside the shows (frank was in line for coffee with me one morning) and they were doing almost 3 hour shows, with dancers and flying pianos etc.  That's why I choose Vegas.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2014, 11:15:43 AM »

I will spend $1200 for my flight and $400 for a room to go to Vegas next month.  I'm not "filling a void".  I am seeing my favourite band in an awesome venue.  I went and saw two shows in Vegas in 2012.  The venue is kick ass.  You might bump into the band outside the shows (frank was in line for coffee with me one morning) and they were doing almost 3 hour shows, with dancers and flying pianos etc.  That's why I choose Vegas.
Can't you think of a better way to spend $1600?
Of course you're filling a void, why not just go fishing instead? It's a lot less expensive.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2014, 12:00:32 PM »

Of course you're filling a void, why not just go fishing instead? It's a lot less expensive.
And he could lay there on the bed (with his Bass in the air)  hihi
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2014, 12:12:45 PM »

And he could lay there on the bed (with his Bass in the air)  hihi

"They're Trout to GET ME!"
 Cheesy

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2014, 12:27:54 PM »

Bass in the air....Trout to get me.....LOL

I think it's a good use of funds....you think I should buy a couch instead?

I know some people think these Vegas shows are a negative and start talking about washed up bands or whatever, but I see them as a blessing.  The band themselves have stated they like the stability of being somewhere for more than a day, the production value is normally higher.....I think as a fan they are an Awsome opportunity.

Toronto 10/29&30/17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2014, 12:30:10 PM »

The "void" a concert or concert trip usually fills is that it entertains you. It gives you something to think back at all those other days of the year when you're bored.

This is the same "void" that your favorite band fills. It make you feel good, or feel something, one way or another. Maybe a certain song makes you happy. Maybe one song makes you think. Or whatever.

That's all good.
But when that so called void needs to be filled, it turns into something else. Just like when people go from wanting to hear a new album, to needing to hear a new album. Slight difference.

I often encounter fans who need things. And it's not always a positive experience.

/jarmo

Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2014, 01:24:33 PM »

If my dog dies and I was lonely....and I bought another dog.....to me thats filling a void.

You girlfreind/boyfreind breaks up with you and you spend a couple hours a day at the gym, trying to avoid thinking about it....that's filling a void.

Enjoying a band and going to a couple concerts a year....that's entertainment, enjoying life and creating memories.

Wish I could do it more.  I go see other bands when they get close.  Megadeth, KISS, Motley Crue, Tea Party, Rob Zombie....I have all seen multiple times (not to mention all the other bands I have seen single shows of.

Liking live rock isn't necessarily a void filling mechanism.

Toronto 10/29&30/17
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2014, 07:30:59 PM »

$1600?? Wow! No offense, but I would not spend that type of money on GNR when I was a kid nor now in my late 30s. Just have other priorities at this time in my life like car payments, mortgage, etc. If GNR comes to North NJ, PNC Arts Center, MSG,or Barclays Center, I would go see them. Other than that, not worth it for me.   
Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2014, 09:17:20 PM »

$1600 is plane and hotel. Tickets, food, T-shirt, drinks, etc and it will easily be a $3000 for 4 nights, and a 3 concert trip.

People will definitely spend more.  I met a girl from Paris the last time.  I'm sure tickets from Europe must be more expensive than mine.  And so people will see more shows.

If I travel to Toronto (nearest place they regularly play) for one concert I can probably drive for $220, hotel for $180 plus tickets and extra.... So $750 for one night, one concert.

Multiply that by 3 and it's close to Vegas....

Toronto 10/29&30/17
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2014, 11:05:20 PM »

$1600?? Wow! No offense, but I would not spend that type of money on GNR when I was a kid nor now in my late 30s. Just have other priorities at this time in my life like car payments, mortgage, etc. If GNR comes to North NJ, PNC Arts Center, MSG,or Barclays Center, I would go see them. Other than that, not worth it for me.   

IMO you're looking at it from the wrong perspective.

Look at it from the point-of-view that Ja5oN is spending $3000 on an all-inclusive 4 night vacation/holiday trip to Vegas.

Getting to experience three GNR concerts while there is an awesome bonus!  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2014, 11:56:58 PM »

Exactly seeing GNR in vegas is definitely an experience that is worth it.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2014, 05:43:31 AM »

It just seems like the "need" for the album is somewhat related to certain fans' idea that their lives will be better (?) if only Axl delivers an album to them. I just don't buy it.
They "need" it so bad it's almost all they can talk about. And we all know what will happen once they get it. "Ok, got it. Now what?"  hihi

/jarmo

I can only speak for myself, jarmo, but my reaction to getting the next album would hardly be "Now what?".  I am of the belief, and of course I'm human and could be mistaken, that the remaining tracks recorded during the Chinese era are the last we're likely to get from Axl, in terms of what could be put out as a full-on album release.  Personally, I just don't see him going back into the studio to record an entirely new album from scratch with the current lineup, save maybe for a couple of DJ Ashba penned tracks, should the spirit move him to do so, and should DJ remain in the band.  Again, that's my opinion.

Axl referred to Chinese as "double" meaning Chinese, and whatever tracks were/are meant for the follow up.  That hasn't happened yet.  Meaning, we only have half of Axl's vision.  When and if it does come out, I think to a lot of fans who followed Guns through the entire Chinese Democracy saga and beyond will meet it with a great sense of relief and see it as a total blessing to see songs like The General & Atlas Shrugged see an "official" release. Sure, there will likely be dissenting idiots, but literally every big name band has those.  You can't not do something because certain "fans" can never be pleased.  Nothing would ever get released.

Great post, totally agree. I certainly don't think most fans will be demanding info on yet another release if/when cd part 2 is released. IMO cd2 will be about finishing a chapter in Guns history that we got a good glimpse of with Chinese.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2014, 08:39:33 AM »

IMO you're looking at it from the wrong perspective.

Look at it from the point-of-view that Ja5oN is spending $3000 on an all-inclusive 4 night vacation/holiday trip to Vegas.

Getting to experience three GNR concerts while there is an awesome bonus!  ok

$3,000 is a lot of cash. For me, I wouldn't spend that much on seeing GNR nor Vegas. For that amount of money, you can do a week trip to Europe and see three cities IF you choose to do that. At  this point in my life, I just have other things to take care of. 
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2014, 08:41:34 AM »

To each their own!

How someone spends there money is only that persons issue to justify.  If I had the money, I would definitely be flying at see all shows in Vegas, and then I would review each show. 

And when it comes to people having nothing better to do, I say this.
We were put on this earth to do things we love.
Period.
I love seeing and listening and reading about GNR.
Def one of my favorite things to do.
It's not because I have nothing better to do.
Lol

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2014, 11:07:09 AM »

Mabey it true to a point.  In my private life my wife is very nasty to me and has major mood swings.  Everyday I am walking on egg shells so I do book these concerts and do have a certain "need" for them.   They bring me a lot of joy and happiness.   However I don't mix that in with having to hear a certain setlist or want shows choreographed a certain way.  I think we all have a need to enjoy things we love.   Some feel that need more than others. 
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2014, 11:16:29 AM »

Mabey it true to a point.  In my private life my wife is very nasty to me and has major mood swings.  Everyday I am walking on egg shells so I do book these concerts and do have a certain "need" for them.   They bring me a lot of joy and happiness.   However I don't mix that in with having to hear a certain setlist or want shows choreographed a certain way.  I think we all have a need to enjoy things we love.   Some feel that need more than others. 
Play "sorry" to your wife.
 Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: